Rte 91--help!

Hi guys. I sent a help desk request yesterday, but wanted to follow up here. Love the game, but am getting RTE 91 error when moving from end of bowl season to off-season. Program hangs while saving and then craps. Cannot get past week 21. I am running the program on XP Home. Totally patched and up to date. I have implemented ICY's 'real teams' mod pack, so perhaps that is causing an issue, don't have any idea. The pc (laptop) is a Turion 64 with 1.5 GB of RAM. Resident programs are AV, Spamihilator, and Threatfire. Thanks for any help you can provide!

I get the same error at the same time in the game; can't advance to the offseason and the game dies when I hit 32%. I also have ICY's mod pack and I think this issue has been discussed before. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot advance my dynasty. Thanks

Either of you using Vista? I have the same exact issue but with another older version of a pro football game. No issues yet with BBCF. What I have found so far is that it could be due to some incompatibility with some Vista DLL files, and maybe something to do with MS Jet. Am frustrated my self, but hey, have been using MS products forever now so I guess you should expect it...... got to love Bill!

I have BBCF installed on an XP Home box. Real frustrating. I got an e-mail from Scott saying this error is most commonly caused by the number of teams in the conference table not being the same as the number of teams in that conference in the teams table. I have been poking around with Access to see if this is the case, and in about an hour of farting around in the .dat file last night, I could not find any errors. I am probably looking in the wrong place, however. This may all be caused by a problem with ICY's mod, which I am using. At any rate, I am going to continue to troubleshoot this, as aside from Scott's single e-mail, it appears GDog is reluctant to troubleshoot this issue.

Update Okay, I got it working, I think. I could not find an issue with ICY's mod inside the .dat file(s). That doesn't mean there isn't one--just that I couldn't find one. Upgraded my version of Access to 2003 in hopes that there may have been some file association issue--which did not solve the problem--so I went to the next step, which was to basically nuke the BBCF install. The following has apparently fixed the issue, as I have simmed 2 seasons and off seasons since: 1. Drilled down and deleted the 'Save' folder. (Yes, including my old saved stuff.) 2. Uninstalled BBCF, leaving existing folder structure intact. 3. Reinstalled BBCF. [B]Do not[/B] restart BBCF. [B]Reboot[/B]. 4. Download and install ICY's latest modpack with all options. 5. Crack open beer and cross fingers. This worked for me, but no promises, as YMMV, and I am not an employee of GreyDog. ;) Good luck.

Archived