Openings and Closures Question

No Opening or Closing Date Network, Carrier or Dojo will be perpetually running (Like in previous versions). Hard Closing/Opening Entity will open or close on the dates entered, without exception. Soft Closing/Opening [QUOTE] A Soft Closing Date means that the thing in question will be ignored if the game begins on a date after that (i.e. they've already closed, so aren't relevant), otherwise it will appear in the game world and won't have a set closing date. [/QUOTE] So if I have a network set for a 1980 "HArd" Close date, but I start in 1984, the network will be in the game anyway, but "closed"? If I have a soft date it just won't be there... right? Not clear on this one.

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;381374]So if I have a network set for a 1980 "HArd" Close date, but I start in 1984, the network will be in the game anyway, but "closed"? If I have a soft date it just won't be there... right? Not clear on this one.[/QUOTE] A network set to close in 1980 wouldn't appear in a game started in 1984 at all, regardless of whether it is Hard of Soft. A network set to Hard close in 1980 in a game started in 1979 would be in the game to begin with, but would close in 1980. A network set to Soft close in 1980 in a game started in 1979 would be in the game to begin with and wouldn't close.

Archived