Fights ending in a disappointing way, is that good enough for you?

Ive just been told by another member of this forum who claims to have more sense than me that if a fight ends in a cut after lets say 30 seconds that fans should be happy about that. That they wouldnt want a rematch. Do you guys agree? Lets say you put Fezzik agaisnt Foster and its Massive rated and Foster opens a cut on Fezzik after 20 seconds and the fight gets stopped do you guys think its accurate that the fans would be satisfied with that and wouldnt want to see the rematch until a year or 2 later? Or if Fedor fought Couture and that fight gets stopped due to a cut 50 seconds in do you think people would be ok with that? Or do you think they would demand a rematch? I just wanna see if im lookin at this logically or if this other person is right in saying endings like that are good enough. What do you guys think?

Whoever told you that is an idiot. Let's look at some prime examples: Couture/Belfort - UFC 46, Belfort opens up a cut 20 seconds in fight is stopped. Rematch at UFC 49, Couture wins by ground and pound in the third. CroCop/Barnett - Barnett hurt his shoulder the first time around then they fought 2 more times. Your buddy is wrong, wrong, wrong.

I'm not sure that Couture v. Belfort constitutes opening up a cut. He didn't even land that punch, rather it was the finger part of the glove that caught Couture's eyelid and tore it open. As it is though, people wanted a rematch ASAP because the decision, while justified, was very unsatisfying. However, if you look at other fights that ended quickly (ie. Belfort v. Eastman right before the Couture fight), there are quick wins that are definitive. I think that fight may have been a ref stoppage, but otherwise it would have likely been a cut stoppage and the decision would have been satisfying. So I guess it all depends on the fight to that point and the specifics of the finish.

RennikKain076, you're completely out of order with this thread - if you disagree with someone else that's fine, but creating another thread to get people to go and back you up in an argument...? That's ridiculous, not to mention very hostile, and isn't an attitude that's welcome on these forums.

Archived