Trouble Setting Up My Xbox Live Please Help

chris caulfield

O.K. so I got a 360 for christmas and was very happy and after a few weeks I decided I would try to get Xbox Live but I somehow couldn't get it to work. When I test the Xbox Live connection it says the network adapter is wired then it goes on to the IP address and for some reason it says failed. I have a feeling it has something to do with something called DHCP settings but I have o idea how to change them so I was wondering if any of you encountered this yourself and if you could help me out so I could get online.

I had this problem after switching some stuff with routers. I had it connected straight to the modem/router, and it gave me that error. Then I found another old router I had, and used it as a bridge between the modem and 360, and everything worked fine.

Well I have a wireless connection all through my house. The modem/router is downstairs in the garage whilst my 360 is upstairs in my room so I can't put the wire strait into the modem/router. I have put the ethernet cable inot the back of the 360 and the back of my labtop which is also mainly in my room. My labtop has a card that picks up the internet connection so I thought that should work.

So even though you have wireless internet, you plug the wire into your laptop? Why? Do you mean that you just put a wire betwen your laptop and your 360? That doesn't work. The laptop receives the wireless connection, it doesn't transfer it. Unless maybe you have a home-network type of thing set up, and even then I'm not sure if it would work with the 360. If you can't wire something from your modem to your room, I suggest buying the Wireless accessory for the 360.

Archived