Save Error

I have recently been experiencing a serious problem that has really sucked the fun out of the game. I like to save frequently, (ie after every game) so if I have a problems I can restart my save. However, I have recently been experiencing the problem that during the save an error box pops up and says something to the effect of please check you do not have 2 copies of bowl bound running. At this point the game freezes. I of course do not have 2 copies running, but once the game locks up, the save file becomes corrupt. I have tried to reload the game, but I receive a message, no save available under that name, please create league. This has happened to me the last 4 games I've played, all in the first season. Could someone please provide me some direction so that I can enjoy this game as much as I used to.

Good luck on this. I posted about my problems with this months ago. I emailed everyone also. I was ignored completely. I've now had to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau since they refuse to help me fix it or give me a refund.

I do hope you get a response that solves the problem. While I have never had an experience rise to the level of "chanman's" I have observed that help and organization of at least the BBCF section has been limited at best. Sad to see it go this way because I honestly think that the product is very good. Just my 2 cents.

I have occasionally experienced this same problem, and I don't run Vista. It happens exactly the way described - click "save", partway through saving, it tells you there are 2 copies running, and the only way out is to ctr-alt-del. The save game is then unusable. I don't know what causes it, and it doesn't happen very often, but it happens often enough that its annoying.

• 7 months later...
Save error - 2 copies running Hi. I'm having the same problem. I built a new computer, and I first unlicensed my game as requested. I installed on the new computer, had no issues licensing. So I copied over my saved games from the old computer. Loaded up fine. However, when I played a bit and wanted to save, it gave the same error message mentioned by st. cronin. Tried moving around my stats.dat and setup.dat because it specifically mentioned those as not being able to write. Eventually I thought well, I'll just start from scratch. It's been a while since I played those anyway. So I deleted my saves and chose to start a new league. When I try to save it, I get the same error. I'm running Win XP Pro, SP 3. I have admin privileges. I have the game patched to v. 1.52. Any ideas on what I can do about this? I have a pstats file in the main game directory. It also seems to create a stats file there, as well as within the save game. Should there be one in the root saved game directory??? Something else maybe?? :confused:

• 5 months later...
This has just TODAY started happening to me and need to figure out how to fix. VERY frustrated with the lack of response noted below. Running windows XP and have played with no problem for a couple years. No changes but all of a sudden I can't even play the game anymore! HELP!

• 1 year later...
Has there ever been a solution to this issue? I simply cannot save a game, whether it is a new game, or multi-player league I've downloaded the files for. Everytime I try to save, I get the error. When I create a new game, it creates the save file and puts stats.dat and setup.dat in the backup folder. So then I copy those files to the main save file, and what I've noticed is that when I open the league in BBCF, the stats.dat and setup.dat files in the save folder disappear/get deleted. The copies in the backup folder do not get updated when I try to save. Does it have anything to do with the VirtualStore in Vista or Win7?

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="Navy"]I just installed BBCF on Win 7 and had errors trying to save game and exporting file... I simply "right-clicked" on the BBCF shortcut and selected "Run as Administrator" and it works okay after that! Cheers, Jay[/COLOR]

Archived