Workers in multiple storylines

I'm wondering whether it would be possible to have workers involved in more than one storyline at a time. I'm thinking like a worker can only be in a major role in one storyline but able to be put into a minor role in other storylines. The reason I'm thinking of this is due to Sports Entertainment companies (WWE, TNA for example) are regularly criss-crossing storylines with workers becoming involved in 2 or more. I would like to think that it could be something else to improve more creative booking and add at least a little more realism in the bookers mind.

This This This! I'm a fan of tournaments and this would greatly benefit them, along with when you are finishing off one feud while setting up for the next: an example would be finishing off the HBK/Undertaker feud of '97 while hyping up Kane at the same time. I also enjoy booking huge multi-man tag matches on shows before the PPV, this might also boost their significance a little...

YES! This MUST be put in! HOW ANNOYING was it to have a wrestler no longer be unavailable to do criss cross storylines even if just in a minor role. Just because he was in a minor role elsewhere? Thats like saying around Wrestle Mania 15, Mick Foley would not have been able to branch out and feud with the Big Show because he played a minor role in the Rock vs Austin feud.

I was also thinking that having the ability to be able to swap out workers in minor roles would be a good thing too. It's very annoying when you lose a complete storyline because one guy leaves the promotion whereas you could just replace him with someone else and continue.

Archived