BBCF Bug Fixes and Additional Suggestions

Here is my list, along with, in many cases, the reasons why I am making the suggestion. This will evolve. - Allow export of stats to Excel, etc (this makes it easier for people maintaining web pages to post stats to web - Better predictions on effectiveness of position changes. As it stands now, if someone selects "change position" for a player, it might list the player's ability as, "now: below average, future: average" then change them to a 1/1 rating; whereas the same listing for another player might change them to a 3/5 rating. - Along with that, there should be an adverse effect for multiple position changes. As it stands now, a gamer can change the position of a player to every position to see which one gives them the highest rating. Certainly, a real college football player would not be willing to try 8 or more different position without losing morale. Also, a coach would not keep a player that could not be effective at the first couple positions attempted. - Better pictures. I realize we can alter these ourselves, but for those of us who don't have the time to dig up random pictures, these should be improved. First of all, high school recruits are kids, not mature adults. They should look younger. Also, there might be some sort of hidden race indicator. It just seems odd to me to see a player named Cha'ron Means with an Asian face. - Players leaving the team for reasons other than transfers / graduation / pro. For example, personal reasons and non-academic suspensions - Vegas Vic's 5 points, especially weekly big game recaps (as an option) - Kicker / punter stats in recruiting screen. As it stands now, we can only see durability (which might just be the least important stat for those positions). The only way we can determine their ability is through star rating and the written scouting report, which is arbitrary. - Sub-sorting for staff selection, recruiting, depth chart etc. As it stands now, gamers can sort by most given categories, but not sub-sort. - Tweaks on the award winners, especially QB. QB is very passer rating centric - Fewer or no injuries during off weeks. You are just not going to have 3 different players have season-ending eye injuries during a practice week. - Tweak on durability as per Huskers post - Option to turn off repeat emails. Most of us understand how to set budget, philosophies, red shirts, etc after 1 email (if not before). Sending these every season just clogs the inbox. - Fix "fire coach" bug. As it stands now, you can fire your coach, then take them back immediately for $0 salary. - "Short list" sort feature for recruiting. I could be wrong, but it seems the number 1 factor in recruiting is whether your school is on the recruit's short list of schools. We should be able to sort this to see who is interested in your school (and perhaps also who is interested in other schools) - Fewer underclassmen going pro as per someone else's suggestion - Minor bug fix: Fix font on the email for potential transfers. It seems it does match all the other emails (I could be wrong) - Better documentation. Ex: Tutoring; factors influencing star rating of recruits; etc - Fix bug that allows overspending on transfers. I managed to have a recruiting budget of -$3,500 per week one season after recruiting a bunch of transfers. - Automatically add the recruits who visit your school during the season to the recruiting watch list. - Enable / disable feature for weekly warnings - Human decisions override computer decisions when staff delegation is selected. I had staff delegation selected for depth chart and game plan, however, I wanted to start a different QB than the staff selected. I made the change on the depth chart, but the computer changed it back for the game. Our decisions should override the computer until something (like injury or poor performance) changes it. - Longer display time on mouse over. Ex: On the depth chart, if you put the mouse over AS on the QB rating list, it will show "Arm Strength" however, the display is too quick, it should be extended.

A couple additions: - I partially agree with Huskers' view on player morale / transfers, in that I agree that redshirts would not likely get frustrated and transfer for lack of playing time. At the big programs, many players do not even get playing time until they are Jrs and Srs. - Things like transfer risks should be consistent or at least present, no matter what the program's reputation. I play with a small school (SJSU), and it wasn't until I put together 3 straight top 25 seasons and got my reputation to 54 that I had ANY transfer risks. When I did, I all-of-the-sudden got a list of 2/3 of my team!

Archived