Tired of being the International Feeder League

“What do you mean you’re calling the shots here now? You’re not even part of this damn company you’re lucky enough to be a shareholder” “That’s MAJORITY shareholder to you and as the MAJORITY shareholder I’m telling you I’m calling the shots. I have immense appreciation for what you have created here and you don’t understand how little I want to do this but I’m taking control I respect your input and you can keep your job but I am calling the shots” And with that the shareholder takeover had began. The IFL had had its ups and downs in its young life but ultimately it had lost me, and a lot of others, real money. We convened the first shareholders meeting and when we I realized how much control I could get, by buying out a couple of other shareholders who were not at all interested with MMA, I decided I had to try. Besides I had loved MMA for 10 years and I had now lost a lot of money because of this love…..who knows maybe I could make some. ------------------------------------------------- Man was I nervous it was finally time for the biggest conference call of my short career as President of the International Fight League. I had already pissed off Kurt Otto, by new boss, by using my power to force my way into my new role. All I knew is I needed my ideas to go over well. Kurt spoke up first immediately after everyone was connected on the phone. “I'd like to introduce all of you to our new President R.J. Habeeb; he will be handling the matchmaking for our next couple of cards. Go ahead kid (man did that sound condescending) what are your BIG ideas?” “How’s everyone doing today I just want to go over our roster today and whenever the next call is we can discuss the next couple of cards. It seems prior to my joining of the company there were some moves made so let me fill you in on who is still with us” Wow that phone call wasn’t so bad besides it bought me a little more time to make some phone calls and watch some tape I needed my first show to leave an impression. ----------------------------------------------- “I know Kurt you need the new matchups for our first show. I have an idea of running mini tourneys to find contenders in every division this first show is going to be kind of a super card with mini contenders battles and Championship fights in every class” “Whoa whoa whoa, hold on a second give me a maximum of 12 fights this card is going to be in California so it better be huge.” “Alright here is how I figure it in the featherweight division. I want LC Davis and Shad Lierley as my two top contenders for Waggney’s belt. I would love to see the two of them fight each other down the road and the winner getting a shot or in LC’s case a rematch with Waggney. As for Waggney himself I’d like to see him defend his title against someone outside of the organization who has a name but can’t beat him. Here is what I have in mind:” LC Davis vs. Dennis Davis Shad Lierley vs. Ian Loveland And for the Featherweight title Waggney Fabiano vs. Emmanuel Fernandez “Who is Fernandez?” “An above average fighter we are getting on the cheap…he is talented but has bad submission defense Waggney should put him away in an exciting but never in doubt fight.” “For the lightweights I think the decision is really in turmoil but I know between Shultz, Horedecki, Palaszweksi, and Deividas we have some great fighters although I’d still like to see Chris at 145.” Chris Horedecki vs. Deividas Taurosevicius Bart Palaszewski vs. Savant Young And for the Lightweight title Ryan Schultz vs. Jason Black “Are you an idiot Deividas can beat Chris and Black is leaving after this fight what happens if the belt is on him?” “We need to show Chris won’t get protected and this should be an incredible fight hopefully one to get the hardcore fans to turn out for. As for the title fight I am SUPER confident in how Schultz matches up and he needs a win over another name.” “As the Welterweights are concerned I think it is the deepest division. Blackburn, Heleno, Miller, Healy, and Markham are all promotable challengers to Hieron’s title. I figure we give Delson a rematch and I try and make matches with the other contenders over the next couple of cards to see who rises up to challenge.” Mark Miller vs. Rory Markham Brad Blackburn vs. Emyr Bussade For the Welterweight Championship Delson Heleno vs. Jay Hieron “Delson better not win the title, he bores me to death. I think Rory is leaving us we probably shouldn’t book him in such a high profile match.” “I don’t care if you think Delson is boring he is a hell of a fighter and he deserves another chance. As for Rory, I think Mark Miller is a future star of our company; he will be the guy on our billboards and on our commercials. If that is going to be true I really need him to win high profile fights like this one.” “Now the Middleweights” “Hurry up you’re putting me to sleep” “McGivern can defend his belt against Haynes hopefully his TUF popularity brings in some eyes. Kennedy is another of our future stars so I’m giving him a very respectable fighter to beat. And we need another big time fight on this card and I think I have an idea for one.” Tim Kennedy vs. Gideon Ray Matt Horwich vs. Benji Radach For the Middleweight title Ryan McGivern vs. Josh Haynes “You’re done?” “Yes sir” “Looks like a crap card but maybe it will get you fired so I’ll sign off on it.” “Thanks for the vote of confidence.” Final Card and bout orders for “IFL: New Contenders, New Champs”: Tim Kennedy vs. Gideon Ray Brad Blackburn vs. Emyr Bussade Mark Miller vs. Rory Markham Bart Palaszewski vs. Savant Young LC Davis vs. Dennis Davis Chris Horedecki vs. Deividas Taurosevicius Shad Lierley vs. Ian Loveland Matt Horwich vs. Benji Radach Ryan McGivern vs. Josh Haynes Ryan Schultz vs. Jason Black Waggney Fabiano vs. Emmanuel Fernandez Delson Heleno vs. Jay Hieron

OOC: Sorry for the two threads something wacky happened in the other one and I couldnt post my update or edit it? OOC: This is my first attempt at writing a diary....after inspiration from some incredible TEW diary writers (outlaw, keef, etc) I'm going to give an WMMA diary a go I am about a month (1 show over another booked) into my game and some things have gone against my plans but hopefully that makes this diary interesting without frustrating me too much. Because I'm already a month into the writeups on my first show wont be from the game and i will only have abbreviated writeups on the other major shows hopefully my skills improve as I go along. Predictions welcome Also please comment Was the phone call to long and boring? Do the fights look good? Does it look like I will run the IFL into the ground or turn them around? anything? anyone? hello?

First 1/4 of the show ON YOUR FEET IFL FANS….ARE YOU READY!!!!!!! And with that the IFL: New Contenders, New Champions began Tim Kennedy vs. Gideon Ray Photobucket VS. Photobucket The First round started off a little slower than expected between these two. Both men were very cautious and put the ansty crowd to sleep for the first 3 minutes. But at the 2:48 mark in the first round Ray reached with a huge haymaker and Kennedy caught him with a bomb of a counter shot. After Ray recovered both exchanged some above average technical boxing for the last minute. Blurcat gave the first round 10-9 to Tim Kennedy Ringside Observer RJ Habeeb gave it to Ray 10-9 The second round started much like the first ended. Both men looked very sharp on there feet. Gideon was landing punches in volume but Kennedy was doing more damage. The round continued like this in a frenzied fashion until the round was almost half over when Ray landed a punch that sent Kennedy stumbling backwards. Gideon Ray hurried forward with his hands down looking to finish the fight. Ray through an absolute bomb from his hip that Kennedy was just able to duck. Kennedy saw an opportunity and threw a HUGE counter hook that landed square on Ray’s jaw and put him on the mat. Before Kennedy could do anymore damage the referee jumped in and saved the completely unconscious Gideon Ray. Ladies and Gentleman the referee has called a stop to this fight at the official time of 3:07 into the SECOND ROUND for your winner by KNOCKOUT TIM KKKKEEEEEENNNNNNNNEEEEEEEDDDDDYYYYYYY Blurcat: **/***** RO: ****/***** Brad Blackburn vs. Emyr Bussade Photobucket VS. Photobucket In an extremely boring first round Bussade shot in about three times and was not able to take Blackburn down. The disappointing part about the round was that Bussade would not get in a standup fight with Brad Blackburn. Blackburn was able to paw at Bussade with some jabs and avoid takedowns. Blurcat: 10-9 Blackburn RO: 10-9 Blackburn The beginning of round two started much like round one. Bussade shot Blackburn sprawled, Bussade shot Blackburn sprawled, Bussade shot Blackburn pulled guard?!?! In an odd choice Blackburn ended up on him back against Emyr. Blackburn worked for a kimura from his guard that wasn’t going anywhere and it seemed like Emyr was content to ride out the round when the referee decided to stand them up. The last minute of the round may have scored highly on Dancing With the Stars but it did nothing for the 1,600+ in attendance. Blurcat: 10-9 Bussade RO: 10-9 Blackburn In the third round Blackburn came out swinging his corner must have convinced him he was losing this fight because he was swinging for the fences. Unfortunately Bussade’s corner must have told him if he danced a little more ABC might call him up. Blackburn stalked down Bussade but was throwing to many power shots that were easily avoided. The round ended with neither fighter landing any damage but Blackburn being the clear aggressor. It was a shock there was not a chorus of boos for these fighters but the California fans gave them a respectable applause. Blurcat: 10-9 Blackburn RO: 10-9 Blackburn Ladies and Gentleman the judges have handed in there scorecards…..and they read 29-28,29-28,30-27 FOR YOUR WINNER BRRRRRRRAAAAADD BLACCCKKKBURRRRRRN Blurcat:* RO:dud Mark Miller vs. Rory Markham PhotobucketVS.Photobucket The first round started with a decent exchange of hands and then a lightning fast double leg takedown from Rory Markham. Markham dominated Miller from the top and there were a few times people thought Miller was out cold. With about 1:00 left in the round the referee made an EXTREMELY odd decision of standing the fighters up. The decision may have saved Miller from defeat as neither fighter was willing to engage in the last minute. Blurcat: 10-8 Markham RO: 10-9 Markham The second round was two MMA fighters putting on a boxing clinic both men hit eachother with some hard shots but no one was willing to go down. The pace slowed a little bit after 2 minutes and Markham was denied a takedown twice. With a minute and change to go in the round both fighters through everything they could into an outstanding slugfest. Markham dropped Miller with about 8 seconds to go in the round but couldn’t capitalize. Looking at replays it looked like Miller slipped but that wasn’t the impression left with the crowd and the judges. Blurcat: 10-9 Markham RO: 10-9 Markham The third round started with Mark Miller landing a glancing blow to Markham’s eye. After the referee saw the mass amount of blood the glancing shot caused he decided to step in and have the ringside doctor look at the cut. Markham claimed he could continue but the referee and the MD did not agree. The fight was waived off Here in the IFL it is our job to make sure every fighter is taken care of using the highest methods of safety. Due to that the referee has made a decision to stop this fight only 9 seconds into the third round in favor of your WINNER MARK MILLER. Blurcat: **/***** RO:**/***** OOC: the rest of the show should be posted throughout the weekend

Archived