Getting past negative relationships-any advice?

So, I'm a few years into a GAMMA game, and Alpha-1 has inexplicably decided to gut its heavyweight division. The only fighters of any value that they've kept are Fezzik and Kikuchi. Recently, as I had nearly 50 heavyweight fighters under contract, I carved out my heaviest fighters into their own separate super-heavyweight division. Now, I'd love to be able to add immediate credibility to the new division by signing Jeff Carlton and Gunnar Nilson to fight in it. Of course, they don't want to sign for GAMMA because they don't like Matt Tripp. Both of them were successful in Alpha-1 and are pretty big stars. Now they're both just sitting around unemployed, and no other promotion besides GAMMA exists that could offer them work (unless Alpha-1 wants to rehire them after the requisite waiting period). So I'm wondering if anyone knows of any way to get around this strong dislike relationship and convince them to consider joining GAMMA instead of essentially retiring. As an experiment I turned off autosave and fooled around in the in-game editor, but I couldn't find any way to get them to consider signing. Even after I killed off Matt Tripp, he still somehow remained as an owner and both refused to consider joining the promotion. I know that in TEW games, extended periods of unemployment can cause workers to modify their hiring requirements. Anyone know if a similar mechanic exists in WMMA that might allow Carlton and Nilson to eventually overlook their hatred of Tripp if they can't otherwise get work? Even if this is the case, they're 35 and 36 respectively, so they probably don't have too much time left as productive fighters. If they both dislike Tripp enough to retire rather than work for GAMMA and there's nothing I can do to change their minds, I'll just have to accept that outcome. But if anyone has any ideas, or knows whether or not it's worthwhile to periodically offer them contracts as they continue to sit unemployed, I'd love to hear it.

[QUOTE=War Kapur;416828]LMAOOOOOOO u killed him so u can try and get gunnar and carlton? CRUEL[/QUOTE] Yeah, I figured he might mysteriously fall down an open elevator shaft or meet with some other unfortunate accident under these circumstances. But it didn't help the situation. Apparently Carlton and Nilson hate Tripp so much that the mere knowledge that he had once been involved with GAMMA is enough to make them turn up their noses and refuse to sign. So I didn't save the game and let him live.

• 2 months later...

Archived