Olympic Champion? Soon my pretties. Soon.

[b]Aniversario Weekend May 2007[/b] [list] [*][b]Aniversario?[/b] [list] [*][b]Fire Ant & Soldier Ant[/b] beat [b]The Olsen Twins[/b]. [*][b]Brodie Lee[/b] pinned [b]Equinox[/b] with a Running Liger Bomb. [*][b]Shayne Hawke[/b] defeated [b]Player Uno[/b] thanks in large part to Uno's "Pause" feature. [*][b]Worker Ant[/b] used a Moonsault Block and a giant paper bag to beat [b]Hydra[/b]. [*][b]"Simply Marvellous" Mitch Ryder[/b] was victorious over [b]Shane Storm[/b] with a handful of trunks. [*][b]El Pantera & Lince Dorado[/b] beat [b]Claudio Castagnoli & Larry Sweeney[/b] when Lince moved out of the way of an Uppercut and Sweeney got nailed. [*][b][i]Young Lions Cup IV Defense:[/i] Max Boyer[/b] retained the Cup over [b]Create-A-Wrestler[/b]. [*][b]Hallowicked[/b] won a DQ decision over [b]Eddie Kingston[/b]. [*][b]Gran Akuma & Icarus[/b] beat the [b]Kageki Pro team of Dragon Yuki & Kagrra[/b]. [*][b]Mike Quackenbush[/b] made [b]Chris Hero[/b] tap out to the "CHIKARA Special." [/list] [*]Aniversario! [list] [*][b]Brodie Lee[/b] used a Running Liger Bomb to defeat [b]Retail Dragon[/b]. [*][b]UltraMantis Black & Hydra[/b] beat [b]The Olsen Twins[/b]. [*][b]Shayne Hawke[/b] defeated [b]Create-A-Wrestler[/b] using the ropes for an assist. [*][b]Mitch Ryder & Los Ice Creams[/b] were disqualified in their match with [b]Pantera & Lince Dorado & Player Uno[/b] when Ryder fouled Lince. [*][b]Dragon Yuki[/b] was victorious over [b]Kagrra[/b] using a Frog Splash. [*][b][i]South Philly Sci-Fi Street Fighto:[/i] Giii, the Space Pirate & Dusto Bunny[/b] beat [b]Dr. Cube & Call-Me-Kevin[/b] when Bunny pinned Cube. [*][b]Max Boyer[/b] defeated [b]Pelle Primeau[/b]. [*][b]Mike Quackenbush & Shane Storm & Equinox[/b] beat [b]the Colony[/b]. [*][b]Hallowicked & Delirious[/b] beat the team of [b]Eddie Kingston & Ruckus[/b]. [*][b]Gran Akuma & Icarus & Chuck Taylor[/b] beat [b]Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli & Larry Sweeney[/b] when Akuma pinned Sweeney with the 450 Splash. Afterwards, new inductees [b]Mitch Ryder[/b] and [b]Max Boyer[/b] helped the two Kings of Wrestling factions settle their differences, and unite as one wishing Chris Hero a fond farewell. The entire CHIKARA roster surrounded the ring as Claudio Castagnoli and Mike Quackenbush lead the praise of the [b]WWE-bound Chris Hero[/b] who then added a few words before bidding a fond farewell to CHIKARA; for now. [/list] [/list] [b][u][right]June 2007[/right][/u] [right]Week 1[/right][/b] [quote][b][i]Monday[/i] – YOUNG LIONS CUP VENUES ANNOUNCED[/b] On this week’s CHIKARA Podcast-A-Go-Go, [b]Mike Quackenbush[/b] and [b]Wiggly[/b] were joined by the [b]CHIKARA Director of Fun, Leonard F. Chikarason[/b] who announced the three venues for the three night of the 2007 Young Lions Cup. The trio promised the biggest and best Young Lions Cup ever before announcing the three show venues as well as confirming that ticket would go on sale from Tuesday morning from the usual outlets.[/quote] [quote][b][i]Tuesday[/i] – FIRST YLC ENTRANT CONFIRMED[/b] The reigning [b]Young Lions Cup holder Maxime Boyer[/b] has announced himself as the first entrant of the 2007 Young Lions Cup. Boyer, who defeated Arik Cannon at Cibernetico Forever in November to win the cup, has refused calls for him to “vacate” the Cup and will instead try to retain it over the three day weekend. Boyer will start competing on night one of the tournament.[/quote] [quote][b][i]Friday[/i] - THREE MORE FOR THE YLC[/b] Chris Hero’s replacement [b]“The New Leader of the King of Wrestling” Chuck Taylor[/b] was one of three names thrown into the Young Lions Cup hat today, along with [b]Los Ice Creams[/b], [b]El Hijo del Ice Cream[/b] and [b]Ice Cream Jr.[/b] Taylor, who sees himself as the perfect man to step into the shoes of Chris Hero is the first person confirmed for Night Two of the competition with Los Ice Creams joining Maxime Boyer on Night One.[/quote] [right][b]Week 2[/b][/right] [quote][b][i]Monday[/i] – PODCAST-A-GO-GO 63, SIX MORE YLC ENTRANTS[/b] Along with episode 63 of the ground-breaking Podcast-A-Go-Go hitting your iTunes, CHIKARApro.com has exclusive news that [b]Lince Dorado[/b], [b]Jagged[/b], [b]Shayne Hawke[/b] and the three members of [b]The Colony[/b], [b]Worker Ant[/b], [b]Soldier Ant[/b] and [b]Fire Ant[/b] will all be in the Young Lions Cup.[/quote] [quote][b][i]Wednesday[/i] – CREATE-A-WRESTLER IN YOUNG LIONS CUP[/b] A special YouTube video posted by [i]“RealWiggly” [/i]confirms that not only will [b]Create-A-Wrestler[/b] be competing in the Young Lions Cup, but the fan vote results will be announced prior to his first round on Night One. A collection of the CHIKARA roster backs their favourite idea for CAW in the video with [i]MosCow[/i], [i]Super Mercado[/i] and [i]Buddhist Beefcake[/i] all getting solid mentions.[/quote] [quote][b][i]Friday[/i] – THREE DEBUTS AND ONE NON-TOURNAMENT MATCH = FUN TIMES![/b] Three stars will be making their CHIKARA debuts in the Young Lions Cup with Canadian [b]“WonderFred” Fred La Merveille[/b], West-Coast stand-out [b]Human Tornado[/b] and female sensation [b]Ms. Chif [/b]all set to take part. All three gave brief comments to CHIKARApro.com with them all agreeing that winning the YLC was a perfect way to start their CHIKARA tenures. The first non tournament match was also announced via MySpace and CHIKARApro.com with a special [i][b]“Match of Young Lions”[/b][/i] announced for the final night. The elimination contest will feature all the previous Young Lions Cup holders, which may or may not include Maxime Boyer depending on how his progression into the final goes.[/quote] [right][b]Week 3[/b][/right] [quote][b][i]Monday[/i] – PODCAST-A-GO-GO 64[/b] Mike and Bryce were on hand to host Episode 64 of the Podcast that featured footage of night three of the King of Trios.[/quote] [quote][b][i]Tuesday[/i] – FOUR MORE NAMES IN THE YLC[/b] A special CHKARA update on iTunes and YouTube saw [b]Andy Summers[/b] and [b]Drew Gulak[/b] announce their intent on winning the Young Lions Cup while appearing at a CZW show over the weekend while [b]The Olsen Twins[/b] were announced on CHIKARApro.com as the next two entrants in the Young Lions Cup.[/quote] [quote][b][i]Friday[/i] – ONE NON-TOURNAMENT MATCH A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY[/b] [b]The Colony [/b]will all warm up for the second night of the Young Lions Cup with a three-on-three battle with the [b]Kings of Wrestling trio of Chuck Taylor and Campeonatos De Parejas’ Icarus and Gran Akuma[/b] on night one. Oh yeah and [b]Icarus[/b] will be competing in the Young Lions Cup on night two as well.[/quote] [right][b]Week 4[/b][/right] [quote][b][i]Monday[/i] – LOUD NOISES![/b] With only five days to go until the Young Lions Cup, CHIKARApro.com completed the line-ups for the first two nights of the tournament with [b]Cheech[/b], [b]Cloudy[/b] and [b]Hydra[/b] competing on Night One with [b]Lance Steel[/b], [b]Sabian[/b] and [b]Ricochet[/b] finishing out the line-up for Night Two. Episode 65 of the Podcast-A-Go-Go reminded fans about the Young Lions Cup as well as showing more footage of the King of Trios.[/quote] [quote][b][i]Tuesday [/i]– ANOTHER MATCH FOR NIGHT ONE REVEALED[/b] Leonard F. Chikarason had some exciting news for CHIKARA fans in a special update as he announced Human Tornado and Ms. Chif would pull opponents out of a hat for a special tag team match on night one of the weekend with literally anyone in the whole world potentially turning up![/quote] [quote][right][u][b]CHIKARA presents the fifth Young Lions Cup[/b][/u] [b]Night One[/b] featuring [b]Maxime Boyer[/b], [b]El Hijo del Ice Cream[/b], [b]Ice Cream Jr.[/b], [b]Create-A-Wrestler[/b], [b]Fred La Merveille[/b], [b]Colin Olsen[/b], [b]Andy Summers[/b], [b]Drew Gulak[/b], [b]Jimmy Olsen[/b], [b]Cheech[/b], [b]Cloudy[/b] & [b]Hydra[/b] plus the confirmed non-tournaments matches of [b]The Colony[/b] versus [b]The Kings of Wrestling[/b] and [b]Human Tornado & secret random mystery partner[/b] versus [b]Ms. Chif & random mystery secret partner[/b]. [b]Night Two[/b] featuring [b]Chuck Taylor[/b], [b]Lince Dorado[/b], [b]Jagged[/b], [b]Solider Ant[/b], [b]Worker Ant[/b], [b]Fire Ant[/b], [b]The Human Tornado[/b], [b]Ms. Chif[/b], [b]Icarus[/b], [b]Lance Steel[/b], [b]Sabian[/b] & [b]Ricochet[/b] plus some really exciting non-tournament matches or your money back. [b]Night Three[/b] featuring the [b]Young Lions Cup V Final[/b] plus a host of non-tournament matches including the [i][b]“Match of Young Lions”[/b][/i] featuring [b]Hallowicked[/b], [b]Larry Sweeney[/b], [b]Shane Storm[/b], [b]Jigsaw[/b], the returning [b]Arik Cannon[/b] and [b][i](depending on results)[/i] Maxime Boyer[/b] plus loads, loads, loads… loads more. Loads; I swear.[/right][/quote]

[b]Young Lions Cup Night One June 2007, Friday, Week 4[/b] [b]Leonard F. Chikarason[/b] was on hand to get the Young Lions Cup underway in the ring by first introducing the CHIKARA acquisition from the Chris Hero deal. [b]The CHIKARA Director of Fun[/b] brought out former WWE employee [b]Todd Grisham[/b] who he introduced as the new [i]“CHIKARA Director of Public Operations”[/i] before adding that he would help out with some of the DVD commentary on upcoming shows. Todd, who simply waved at the CHIKARA fans on his way to the commentary booth, received quite a positive reaction. However, the reaction was proven rather insignificant when Chikarason turned his attention towards the results of the [b]first annual CHIKARA Create-A-Wrestler contest[/b] and after running through the shortlist of ideas, he promptly introduced [b]Super Mercado[/b], the luchadore who promises victory in twelve moves or less as the first competitor in the opening match of the weekend. Super Mercado quickly stormed to the ring, to the delight of the fans and then stormed to victory over [b]El Hijo del Ice Cream[/b] in only eleven moves. Mercado caught El Hijo completely off guard in the opening moments of the match with a Stunner before hitting a Rock Bottom, a Chokeslam, a Flip Piledriver amongst others before claiming victory with his own version of the Pedigree and advancing to the main event. And Super Mercado was joined in the main event by Young Lions Cup IV holder [b]Maxime Boyer[/b]. The King of Wrestling member who promised to be the first man in CHIKARA history to hold two Young Lions Cups looked in good shape as he disposed of [b]Drew Gulak[/b] with a thumping lariat. “Canadian Dynamite” was dominant for most of the match, really preying on Drew’s frailties as a singles competitor to book himself a place in the main event by hitting the Wrist-Clutch Fisherman’s Buster for an academic three count. [b]Cheech[/b] and Cloudy headed to the ring next as their opening round matches were back-to-back with Cloudy taking a seat in the front row as Cheech prepared himself to take on [b]Hydra[/b], who was sporting his new black mask with yellow trim. [b]UltraMantis Black[/b] lead Hydra to the ring before giving his warrior a few last-minute instructions before the match got underway that was a fast-paced contest from the off. Cheech tried to slow things down to his usual tempo but Hydra seemed to refuse calm down with the shouts of UltraMantis Black spurring him on in easily the most competitive match so far until Hydra tried to finish Cheech off with a Chokeslam.[b] The Order of the Neo Solar Temple member[/b] seemed to have gotten too big for his boots, as Cheech elbowed his way out of the grasp before planting “The Deluxe” for the pinfall, to the disgust of UltraMantis Black who stormed into the ring to check on Hydra. Cheech quickly rolled from the ring to celebrate with [b]Cloudy[/b] as the Order of the Neo Solar Temple made their way slowly from the ring moments before [b]Jimmy Olsen[/b] started to head to the ring. Cheech tried to encourage his partner to join him in the main event as Jimmy Olsen bounded to the ring ahead of the imminent contest between the two men better known for their tag team success. However, it wasn’t to be known as Cloudy and Jimmy both showcased their wrestling abilities that was only broken by Cheech informing his tag team partner he was getting the munchies and wanted him to hurry up. That seemed to knock Cloudy off his stride slightly as the thought of the apparent “munchies” clearly played on his mind and allowed Jimmy Olsen to really build his way back into the match, catching Cloudy with a Tornado DDT off the top rope and then catching his right leg as the pair hit the canvas for a flash victory to put the “Daily Planet Reporter” into the semi-final. The fifth man in the main event turned out to be [b]Andy Summer[/b] after another frantic finish that saw him reversing an attempt by [b]Ice Cream Jr.[/b] to use the sprinkles. The match was relatively even throughout with both men seemingly good for victory until Ice Cream Jr. headed under the ring to produce the deadly sprinkles. With everyone around the ring fearing the worst for Summer, he somehow managed to power out of the Mexican’s offence and back-drop him onto his own sprinkles before slumping on top of him to get the three count. With the last place in the Young Lions Cup semi-final on the line it was understandable that [b]Colin Olsen[/b] and the debuting [b]“WonderFred” Fred La Merveille[/b] were quite tense and nervous for their opening round clash that really struggled to catch light. Fred was impressive on his CHIKARA debut and even managed to toy with Olsen briefly, firstly by raking his eyes after distracting Derek Sabato and then slapping him on both cheeks while ducking Colin’s helpless attempts at lashing out. And that brief moment started to really boost Fred’s confidence and he began to grow in stature from there and actually started to impose himself on the CHIKARA regular before actually winning the match with the Wonder Plunder Suplex to some disgust from a few of the fans, and even more disgust from Jimmy Olsen who was peering out from backstage with a rather unimpressed look growing across his face. [b]Leonard F. Chikarason[/b] was out again, following a brief show intermission, for the first of the non-tournament match of the evening and in his hands, Leonard had the star of the moment; the [b]random name-filled bowler hat OF DOOM~![/b] The fans were on tenterhooks as the CHIKARA Director of Fun welcomed [b]Ms. Chif[/b] to a CHIKARA ring for the first time before she then produced her small piece of paper from the hat, although very few people in attendance actually expected [b]Chris Benoit[/b] to be at the show so she swiftly chose again. The second time Ms. Chif pulled out [b]USApe[/b] although thankfully, after a quick search of the toilets Bryce announced he wasn’t there either and she had to choose again, pulling out [b]Claudio Castagnoli[/b] who was apparently lost somewhere in the [i]“hills of Europe.”[/i] Growing a little weary from the coming and going of the selection, Ms. Chif wasn’t overly excited about picking again although, luckily for her she found herself a partner pulling out the Young Lions Cup II winner and reigning [b]ICW-ICWA Texarkana Television Champion[/b] who promptly headed to the ring and stood with Ms. Chif as [b]Human Tornado[/b] stepped forward to pick his partner. Tornado, who was still wearing his white dinner jacket, made a brief comment about wanting to get himself a nice little [i]“honey like her”[/i] before pulling out his name although Bryce was unable to locate [b]Amy Dumas[/b] and made Tornado pick again. At the second time of asking, The Human Tornado found himself a partner as he pulled out the name of [b]Delirious[/b] although it became quickly apparent that there would tension between Delirious and Tornado as the match got underway with Tornado quickly going straight for Ms. Chif. Delirious jumped into the ring and quickly schooled Human Tornado on the ways of CHIKARA and how the Tecnicos behave themselves, of course with Delirious’ wonderful spin on the actual explanation. Suddenly fulfilled with his partner’s teachings, Human Tornado refused to lay a finger on Ms. Chif and despite the female wrestler throwing Tornado from the ring, he as well as Delirious refused to compete with her, meaning she had to allow [b]Larry Sweeney[/b] into the match for any action to get underway. And that effectively meant the contest was a handicap affair as Delirious and Human Tornado both continued to refuse to touch Ms. Chif, although it was clear that a small part of Tornado wanted to, and in the end Larry Sweeney didn’t have enough in the tank to defeat both men. With Ms. Chif growing rather fed up with not getting any kind of physical competition she sulked from the ring and left Sweeney alone, who was promptly pinned by Human Tornado after catching him with the T.N.D. Suplex and earning himself a debut win in CHIKARA. Picking himself up, Larry Sweeney refused to head backstage and instead made his rather sweaty way to join the commentary team for the second non-tournament match of the night that saw [b]Team ShaneSaw[/b] being handed victory by the blatant rule-breaking of the returning [b]Arik Cannon[/b], who tried to interfere on behalf of [b]2.0[/b]. Cannon seemingly forgot the ways of CHIKARA since his departure from the company and couldn’t understand why Bryce Remsburg had ended the match so abruptly although he was quickly filled in by [b]Shane Matthews[/b] and [b]Jagged[/b], who chased him from the ring area as [b]Shane Storm[/b], [b]Jigsaw[/b] and Larry Sweeney stood back and laughed. With Shane Storm and Jigsaw heading backstage, the first night of the three day weekend headed into its last non-tournament match that saw [b]The Kings of Wrestling[/b] up-ended by [b]The Colony[/b]. The match was laced with previews for night two as the draw, which was live on CHIKARApro.com earlier in the day had put [b]Chuck Taylor[/b] against [b]Fire Ant[/b] and left [b]Icarus[/b] facing off with [b]Worker Ant[/b] in the opening round. That meant that all four men were out to earn themselves really important momentum by pinning their opponent for tomorrow night’s show, and caused for rather a frantic affair with competitors flying at each other from every direction possible until [b]Solider Ant[/b] picked up an important pinfall, pinning [b]Gran Akuma [/b]to the mat after hitting his saluting elbow from the top rope with the rest of [b]Team F.I.S.T.[/b] indisposed outside the ring. Finally the show moved round to its main event that saw all six men make their individual way to the ring for arguably their biggest matches of the year so far, with everyone seemingly focusing on [b]Young Lions Cup IV holder Maxime Boyer[/b] early on. Cheech, Andy Summer, Jimmy Olsen and Fred La Merveille all went straight after the Kings of Wrestling members while Super Mercado held back knowing that he had to save his twelve super moves OF DOOM! for the right moments in the big match-up to secure his advancement to the final of the Young Lions Cup. Boyer tried as hard as he good to fight off the four men that were attacking him but with fists and boots raining down on him, he got the right option and fled from the ring, rolling to the outside to catch a breather although every time Maxime did return to the ring, he was quickly set upon by the two or three fresh wrestlers and even suffered the first Mercado move OF DOOM! being planted with the Mercado Destroyer, although he was able to kick out at the last moment. In fact, it was [b]Jimmy Olsen[/b] who the first person removed from the match as he got caught focusing too much on one opponent and forgot about Fred La Merveille who snuck in behind him and rolled him up with Maxime Boyer actually jumping on top of the fall to keep Olsen down for the three count, meaning “WonderFred” had pinned both of the Olsen Twins on his debut night in CHIKARA, something that was not lost a rather disappointed Jimmy Olsen who sulked his way to backstage, leaving the match to continue with [b]Andy Summer[/b] the next man out as he got thumped with The Mercado Elbow. Ripping off the entire left sleeve of his wrestling suit, Super Mercado sent the fans into raptures as the other three men left in the match recovered outside the ring, bouncing off all four sides of the ring before dropping the most destructive elbow in the wrestling world to eliminate Andy with only his fifth move of the match. And Andy was followed from the match just over a minute later by [b]“WonderFred”[/b] although the elimination did use up three of Super Mercado’s twelve super moves as [b]Fred La Merveille[/b] managed to somehow kick out of a Stunner and a Rock Bottom before finally succumbing to a Pedigree much like El Hijo del Ice Cream earlier in the show. [b]Super Mercado[/b] seemed to be on a bit of a roll what with the fans really rallying behind the Create-A-Wrestler as Maxime Boyer and Cheech finally brought their brawl that had encompassed the ring, back between the ropes and into the waiting hands of Super Mercado, who after grabbing in a clinch for a chokeslam, let him go and instead singled out Maxime Boyer for punishment. Boyer, panicked by the blatant confidence of Super Mercado started to back away, with the fans calling for the blood of the Young Lions Cup IV holder but the momentum with which Super Mercado hit his own version of the Michinoku Driver actually tolled Boyer under the bottom rope and out of the ring. Super Mercado was about to go after him, but for [b]Cheech[/b] thumping him with his right fist proving that favours will get you no where in something as lucrative as the Young Lions Cup, although Cheech was the next man from the ring as the beating Maxime Boyer had handed out outside the ring came back to haunt the skinny wrestler as he fell victim to Super Mercado’s tenth and eleventh moves of the match, as he laid him out with a Sky High before securing the pinfall with his own special version of the Lo Down, to leave him with only one move left and only one person left to eliminate. Sliding back into the ring Maxime Boyer looked rather refreshed, having spent of the match away from the actual action while Super Mercado seemed to be feeling the pressure of the situation a little. Circling each other, Super Mercado seemed to be a situation of two minds about which of his arsenal to bust out but after ducking under a lariat attempt, he seemed sure as he pulled Boyer up for a Tombstone Piledriver and despite crashing Maxime down on his head, he was unable to secure the fall as the Young Lion’s Cup IV holder’s left foot landed on the bottom rope. Bryce rightfully refused to complete the count which effectively ended the challenge of Super Mercado. Looking around at the fans and then down at the motionless Maxime Boyer, Super Mercado seemed to be really struggling with what to do, before pulling Boyer’s leg off the ropes and into a fall; although as luck would have it, Maxime managed to kick out at the very last moment before pulling himself to a standing position. Looking around in disbelief Super Mercado was very aware that he had used all twelve of his moves and could do more, and despite the calls of the crowd to break out a thirteenth move he knew his limitations and slipped from the ring as Maxime Boyer pulled himself to his feet. Rattling through the twenty-count, Bryce Remsburg could see that Super Mercado was not going to return and upon reaching the full twenty awarded the match victory and the place in the final to the [b]Young Lions Cup IV holder, “Canadian Dynamite” Maxime Boyer[/b]. [quote][b]Young Lions Cup Night One Results[/b] [u][b]Tournament Matches[/u][/b] [b]Opening Round:[/b] Super Mercado def. El Hijo del Ice Cream [b]Opening Round:[/b] Maxime Boyer def. Drew Gulak [b]Opening Round:[/b] Cheech def. Hydra [b]Opening Round:[/b] Jimmy Olsen def. Cloudy [b]Opening Round:[/b] Andy Summer def. Ice Cream Jr. [b]Opening Round:[/b] Fred La Merveille def. Colin Olsen [b]Semi-Final:[/b] Maxime Boyer def. Super Mercado, Cheech, Fred La Merveille, Andy Summer and Jimmy Olsen to advance to the Young Lions Cup final [u][b]Non-Tournament Matches[/b][/u] Human Tornado (W) and Delirious def. Larry Sweeney (L) and Ms. Chif Team ShaneSaw (Shane Storm and Jigsaw) def. 2.0 (Shane Matthews and Jagged) by disqualification (Arik Cannon interfering) The Colony (Fire Ant, Solider Ant (W) and Worker Ant) def. The Kings of Wrestling (Icarus, Gran Akuma (L) and Chuck Taylor)[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived