[QUOTE=Reaper_ofall;422939]I'm pretty sure that you can't but if you think about it, how many people would want to go against the team of lawyers that the WWE would have on speed dial. And while I don't know about the rest of the world I do know that last time I looked (only a couple of years ago) it wasn't legal to put that in a contract in the USA.[/QUOTE] Its a bit of a grey area, it isn't legal to put that kind of thing in a contract, but some mainstream companies get around that by not employing women who are more likely to have children (late 20s - mid 30s). I don't have any physical evidence, but I went to a "question and answers" type thing in high school, and someone asked a similar question and that was the answer they gave.

Of course, the bulk of WWE in-ring workers are in their 20s and 30s. But it's not like someone who was serious about their in-ring career would be likely to run the risk, is it? I'm not aware of any WWE diva getting pregnant in recent years - accepting Dawn Marie, who was never an in-ring talent. I would imagine that WWE would take a varying approach to any legit pregnancy depending on Vince's mood on the day the news breaks - but a 'Who's the Daddy' storyline could easily make it on-screen ("It's Vince's baby!"), or, alternatively, the mum-to-be could have her whole nine months (confinement?) played out on WWE.com and Raw/SD/ECW as a feelgood thing. If we were to put pregnancy in as an 'injury'... Would it be something that completely prevents participation, or could the worker still take part in angles? ;)

Archived