AWA Mountain State

My name is Mike Pittman and i am 24 year old. As a kid i always loved watching the AWA and the NWA. I was mostly a NWA boy as i grew up in the Mid Atlantic region but i saw some AWA from time to time. Nick Bockwinkel's reign convinced me to become a wrestler. When i was 18 (Which was in 2002) i went to NWA Anarchys Wrestling School. They taught me everything they knew and i worked for NWA Anarchy for a little bit. I never did anything huge in NWA Anarchy i usually worked the Midcard against talent they were pushing and i never got a shot in any other promotions. Anyway i got into an argument with some NWA Anarchy talent and i got the kick. I recieved a call from Jeff G.Bailey the night after i got the kick and he sarcastically told me to move to the Mid South and run shows in the Mountains. He laughed as i pondered if it was such a bad idea. [B]A week later...[/B] I had decided to make a promotion in the Upper Mid South regions which was Jeff G.Baileys idea which he thought was hilarious. He must of got wind that i was starting it as i recieved a phone call and he was laughing again. He said that there was no way a promotion would run in the Upper Mid South regions. He mentioned that the fans were all hicks and i wouldnt draw a penny. He hung the phone up and within seconds i recieved another phone call from Dale Gagner who owned the AWA. He said he'd been looking for territories that were just above his AWA-Mid South promotion which was at the bottom of the Mid South region. He said he could supply me with the best talent in the world and instant credibility to my promotion. I agreed to the deal and he said that if i mentioned i was apart of the AWA i would get discounts on talent from the AWA Territories which made me happy aswell. I signed up and announced to the public that i'd be known as AWA-Mountain State. [B]Gathering Talent![/B] Now gathering the talent was hard. I found some local guys on the internet who would work cheap or for free just for a chance to work another date. These wrestlers included Aaron Aguilera, Aaron Epic, Adam Jacobs, Adara James, AJ Kirsch, Alexa Thatcher, Benny English, Dave Stewart, Echelon, Eric Canyon, Eric Priest, Fred Sampson, Matt Longtime, Mike Fury, Ron Niemi and Tom Conway Benny English was an announcer and Tom Conway was a referee we would use both regularly on shows as the rest were wrestlers. A few days after we announced the roster to the public i recieved a phone call from Dale. Dale told me that the roster was good so far but i needed a few more bigger names. He got me into contact with Mike Rotundo who was known as I.R.S in the WWF. I gave Rotundo a call and he was happy to work the shows for 500 dollars a night but informed me that he could only wrestle on a semi-regular basis at best. I said that was fine and i now had an Authority Figure to use on shows. The quest for talent continued as Dale Gagner got me into contact with the last AWA World Ladies Champion Amazing Kong. Kong was one of the few TNA Talents allowed to work independent wrestling dates and Dale Gagner had just recently given her the AWA World Ladies Championship again because of that fact. Gagner had been shopping Kong around and attempting to make the AWA World Ladies Championship more prestigious then the NWA World Womens Championship. Kong wanted 300 to do each show and i was happy to pay her that. I now had 2 big name stars but Dale Gagner wanted more he told me that former WWF Wrestler Virgil would be doing a local comic book show near me just a couple of days before my first show. He told me that Virgil would work very cheap aslong as he was allowed to work the merchandise tables and sell his autographs. I gave Virgil a call and he was also happy to work the show but he didnt want a match he was happy just hyping the AWA to the crowd. He said he'd do the show for 500 dollars which i was also happy with. I'd use Virgil for my first show and then probably never use him again he'd just be a name talent to get the original boost to my product. Along with this i managed to get in contact with former WCW Wrestler The Maestro. Maestro wasnt getting much work from anyone anymore and the guy was working maybe 2 dates a month. I wanted to book him as he said he could still perform well even at his rather old age. Maestro said he'd be happy to permanently work AWA Mountain State and said he'd do each show for 200 dollars which shocked me at how low the price was. I agreed and Maestro said he had 1 clause. He wanted the AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship around him atleast once in the 9 months of his first contract. I agreed and said we'd somehow give him the belt on the first show. My last phone call was for a big name indy talent that was popular among the smart fans. I found a link on Nigel McGuinesses web site to book him. I talked to his agent on the telephone and we got Nigel McGuiness for a match on the first show aswell. With this i could finally construct a card for my first show. I got the card up on the website and the smarks on our forum seemed happy with it. [quote]AWA Mountain State makes it debut at the Las Cruces Basketball Arena featuring 6 huge matches! In the Main Event ROH World Heavyweight Champion Nigel McGuiness will defend the title against former WWE Superstar Aaron Aguilera. Aguilera promises to show the Mountain State Audience that he is no slouch in the ring. Aguilera plans to prove this as he attempts to win the ROH World Heavyweight Championship. Along with this former WCW Superstar The Stro has been asked by AWA Mountain State Commisioner Mike Rotundo to meet him in the ring. Rotundo has said that Stro will be awarded with the AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship. Stro has said he will be honored to take the championship and has promised to defend it at AWA Mountain State: THE BIG ONE! In Upper Midcard action we will see the AWA World Ladies Championship defended as Amazing Kong defends the title against Adara James. Adara has said that Kong is bigger then her and probably alot stronger. James has said that she has more passion for wrestling then Amazing Kong ever has. When Kong was asked for comment we could not get a comment. Also in Midcard Action we will see AWA Newcomer Mike Pittman take on AJ Kirsch and Adam Jacobs in a Triple Threat Match. Mike Pittman has said on this night he will take away a victory for all the great AWA Mountain State fans. AJ Kirsch has said he will take away a victory for himself at the Las Cruces Arena. Can Pittman win it for the fans? Will AJ win it for himself? Or will Adam Jacobs get a huge upset and beat them both? In Tag Team Action we will see Aaron Epic team up with Dave Stewart to take on the team of Eric Priest and Matt Longtime. Eric Priest and Matt Longtime have called Epic and Stewart "idiotic rookies" and say they will beat them down and throw them out of AWA Mountain State for good. Can they do it? Buy a ticket and find out! Along with these matches Eric Canyon will go 1 on 1 with Mike Fury and we will see an appearance from former WWF and WCW Superstar Virgil! Quick card: ---ROH World Heavyweight Championship Match--- Nigel McGuiness (C) Vs Aaron Aguilera ---AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship Match--- The Stro W/ Ron Niemi (C) Vs Mystery Opponent ---AWA World Ladies Championship Match--- Amazing Kong (C) Vs Adara James ---Triple Threat Match--- Adam Jacobs Vs AJ Kirsch Vs Mike Pittman ---Tag Team Match--- Aaron Epic and Dave Stewart Vs Eric Priest and Matt Longtime ---Singles Match--- Eric Canyon Vs Mike Fury ---An appearance from Wrestling Superstar Virgil---[/quote]

-411mania.com AWA Mountain State: THE BIG ONE! AWA Mountain State makes it's debut tonight featuring a ROH World Heavyweight Championship Match, The Stro, Virgil and many other talents! [B]Mike Rotundo opens the show![/B] The fans have filled in as Benny English has just completed his ring introduction. Benny says he's introducing WWF Legend I.R.S as Mike Rotundo walks out dressed in jeans and a AWA Mountain State T-Shirt. Rotundo has a Title Belt with him which fans guess is the AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship Belt. Rotundo welcomes the audience to "THE BIG ONE!" and thanks them for attending tonights show. Rotundo talks about how AWA Mountain State is the next big thing in Wrestling. Rotundo says he has the AWA Mountain State Championship in his hands and he is out here to award the belt to The Maestro. The Maestro walks out to a pop from the audience as he is with his manager Ron Niemi. Maestro enters the ring as Rotundo and Stro shake hands. Rotundo hands Stro the belt as Stro is handed a microphone. Stro says that him getting a title belt has been a long time coming. Stro talks about how much he loves the AWA. Suddenly Ron Niemi whispers something into Stro's ear. Stro says he loves the AWA but he hates the AWA Fans. Stro calls all the fans hicks as Mike Rotundo attempts to grab Stro's microphone, Stro blasts him in the head with the AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship. Stro kicks away at Rotundo untill Fred Sampson sprints in and clears house. Rotundo recovers and says tonight Stro will take on Fred Sampson with the belt on the line! The fans cheer as Rotundo and Sampson walk to the back. [B]AWA Singles Match: Eric Canyon Vs Mike Fury[/B] Eric Canyon is out first as the crowd cheers him. Canyon walks around the ring slapping hands with the audience as he slides into the ring and awaits his opponent. Mike Fury walks out as a small child asks for a handshake and is spat at. Fury slides in as referee Tom Conway calls for the opening bell. This match was decent to open the show with both men going all out. The end came when Eric Canyon went for a missile dropkick but missed this allowed Fury to roll him up and get the win. [B]Centerfolds have something to say![/B] Eric Priest and Matt Longtime make there way out to the ring as Priest has a microphone in hand. Priest enters the ring as he talks about how when AWA Officials were naming this show they were talking about him. Priest says tonight 2 rookies will try and beat the Centerfolds. Longtime grabs the microphone and says that nobody beats the Centerfolds. Priest dares them to come out as Aaron Epics music plays. [B]AWA Tag Team Match: The Centerfolds Vs Aaron Epic and Dave Stewart[/B] Aaron Epic stands in the entrance way as Dave Stewart makes his way out to the ringside area. Stewart and Epic enter as Tom Conway checks both teams for weapons and rings the bell. Matt Longtime starts off with Aaron Epic as they both lock up. Epic hits a nice arm drag and dropkicks Longtime out of the ring. The match was mainly Epic and Stewart dominating but late in the match Dave Stewart knocked Eric Priest to the ringside area which distracted referee Tom Conway. This allowed Matt Longtime to hit a nice piledriver onto a chair and pin Aaron Epic for the three count. Priest and Longtime leave through the crowd as Stewart tends too Epic inside the ring. [B]Virgil makes his appearance![/B] Virgil comes out to some generic music as he enters the ring and is handed a microphone. He says AWA Mountain State is the most professional company he has worked for in his career. He says that the audience tonight should be proud to be at this show tonight. Virgil says he will be signing autographs at the intermission and at the end of the show tonight. Virgil thanks the audience but before he can leave AJ Kirsch enters the arena and enters the ring. Kirsch grabs Virgils microphone and calls him an overrated idiot. Kirsch smacks Virgil with the microphone as Mike Pittmans music erupts through the arena. Pittman slides into the ring as he grabs Kirsch and hits him with a suplex starting the match. [B]AWA Triple Threat Match: AJ Kirsch Vs Adam Jacobs Vs Mike Pittman W/ Virgil[/B] Pittman continues the beatdown on Kirsch as Adam Jacobs makes his way to ringside. This match was really fast paced with Pittman pulling out his best moves and not even resting. Pittman pretty much dominated as Virgil cheered him on. The end came when Pittman hit a Whisper in the Wind on Adam Jacobs which knocked Jacobs to the outside. AJ Kirsch managed to get the advantage but Virgil grabbed the leg which allowed Pittman to hit a Lungblower. Pittman climbed to the top and hit a moonsault for the three count. Mike Pittman and Virgil celebrate in the ring as Virgil and Pittman shake hands. Benny English says it is now time for the intermission and lets us know that Mike Rotunda, Virgil, Nigel McGuiness and Stro will be signing autographs and taking photos at the merchandise stand. ---Intermission--- [B]AWA World Ladies Championship Match: Amazing Kong (C) Vs Adara James[/B] Adara walks out first as he tries to hype the fans up by blowing kisses to the children in the audience. Amazing Kongs music plays as Kong makes her way out. Kong slides in and immediatelly throws James to the corner and begins shouldering her into the turnbuckle pad. Kong then hit a huge Suplex which left Adara down and out in the middle of the ring. Kong them climbed to the top rope and splashed Adara not once, not twice but three times. Kong then lifted the squashed Adara up and hit a Sitdown Powerbomb for the three count and the victory. [B]Nigel McGuiness has something to say![/B] Nigel McGuiness walks down the entrance way with the ROH World Heavyweight Championship around his waist. Nigel enters the ring as he is handed a microphone by Benny English. Nigel thanks the fans for coming to see him defend the ROH World Heavyweight Championship tonight. Nigel says before the Main Event he'd just like to invite Aaron out here for a handshake. Aaron Aguilera makes his way out as he shakes some hands and then enters the ring. Aguilera and McGuiness wish eachother luck tonight as the two shake hands. Aguilera leaves to the back as does McGuiness. Benny English hypes the next match which is The Stro taking on Fred Sampson. [B]AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship Match: The Stro W/ Ron Niemi (C) Vs Fred Sampson[/B] Fred Sampson walks out first as the audience pop for him due to what he did earlier in the show. Sampson shakes hands with everyone and slides into the ring. Stro's music plays as Niemi walks out first with a small plastic piano. Stro enters after Niemi as the crowd boo him. Stro doesent know why as he slides in the ring. Conway checks Sampson for weapons but as Conway is doing this Stro jumps him and begins the beatdown right off the bat. Sampson was dominated most of this match but managed to hit back late in the match when he hit a dropkick and followed it up with a nice neckbreaker. Sampson signalled for a Bone Crusher Powerslam but as Sampson got Stro to his feet Stro pushed Sampson into the referee. This allowed Ron Niemi to throw the plastic piano into Stro. Stro smashed it over Sampsons head as the referee recovered and counted the three. Stro grabbed his title and ran from the ring as Sampson was out cold. Sampson eventually recovered and left to the back as Benny English announced that next would be the Main Event. [B]ROH World Heavyweight Championship Match: Nigel McGuiness (C) Vs Aaron Aguilera[/B] Aguilera made his way out first as the crowd cheered for him big time. He slides into the ring and stands in the corner waiting for McGuiness to make his way out. Nigel walks out as the crowd also pop for him big time. Nigel slides into the ring as he hands the title belt to Tom Conway. The bell rings as Nigel and Aguilera shake hands and lock up. Nigel wins as he helps Aguilera to his feet. Aguilera takes a cheap shot though as he punches Nigel in the gut and throws him into the corner. The match continued like this and was really even throughout with Nigel dominating around the 15 minute mark and even hitting the Tower of London for a 2 count. Aaron Aguilera hit a Seated Chokeslam about 20 minutes in for a 2 count. They fought for another 7 minutes which eventually saw Nigel McGuiness lock in the Modified Anaconda Vice. Aguilera counted it into a brainbuster but McGuiness countered and hit the Tower of London for the three count. McGuiness recovers first as he helps Aguilera stand. McGuiness is handed a microphone as he says whenever Aguilera wants another match all he has to do is call him. Aguilera thanks him as the 2 shake hands. Benny English gets the microphone and thanks the audience for coming to AWA Mountain States first show. English says that next month we will see Brother Runt taking on Aaron Aguilera in a Hardcore Match and we will see Mike Pittman taking on Sean "X-Pac" Waltman. English says he hopes to see us there as the show ends. ---End of Show---

I was happy with the show really. Aaron Aguilera and Nigel McGuiness really tore it up and i managed to convince Virgil to do more then shill the show and that made me happy. Benny English had announced Brother Runt and X-Pac for next months show and i had booked them since they were big names. Even though the shows looked succesful on paper we lost 7000 dollars on that show which isnt huge but i wanted to gain money on that show and i didnt. I talked money with Waltman and Runt today. Waltman wanted 500 dollars and Runt wanted 700. I was happy to pay them that money for the show but i was hoping they'd be able to draw more of the casual fans. I didnt want Jeff G.Bailey to see me quit after just a couple shows so i prayed that it all worked out. Not to mention most of the money involved in this was my own or sponsors money so if it went belly up i'd be bankrupt. I put the card together for the June show. [quote]AWA Mountain State returns to the Las Cruces College Basketball Centre for AWA Mountain State: We Will Rock You! this show will feature Brother Runt, Sean "X-Pac" Waltman and the rest of the AWA Mountain State Wrestlers! Our Main Event will feature a battle between former WWE Superstars. We will see Aaron Aguilera taking on Brother Runt in a Hardcore Match. Brother Runt promised AWA Mountain State fans that he'd bring a table to the Las Cruces arena and put Aguilera through it. When Aguilera heard these comments he laughed at the former ECW Star and said that no matter what happened he'd be leaving the Cruces Arena a winner. Who will win this battle between former WWE Superstars? Along with that match you will see Sean "X-Pac" Waltman come to the Mountain State area for 1 night only to take on Mike Pittman. Mike Pittman impressed AWA Officials with his performance at The Big One and was given this match with former WWF and WCW Star Sean "X-Pac" Waltman. Waltman has said he will not take Pittman lightly in the ring. Mike Pittman was asked for a comment and said that he is honored to enter the ring with Waltman and will put 100% into the match. Pittman has said this match will be the one to watch as he is doing it all for the fans. Will Pittman upset the former WWF and WCW Superstar or will Waltman show why he was in the WWF and WCW? In AWA Womens Action we will see AWA World Ladies Champion Amazing Kong defend her AWA World Ladies Championship against Alexa Thatcher. Thatcher has said that she has been training for a World Title fight her entire life and Amazing Kong will not stand in the way of her accomplishing her dream. Kong was asked for comment but Kong simply muttered "Just another victim" who will walk away as AWA World Ladies Champion? Also on the card we will see The Stro defend his AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship in a Three Way Dance. Stro will not only defend against his last month opponent Fred Sampson but he will also be challenged by fan favourite Eric Canyon. Sampson and Canyon have both promised the fans that they will rid the AWA of The Stro. Stro has said he has the most experience and that he will not lose to either of these young guys. Stro seems confident but when he gets in the ring will he be able to retain the gold? Ontop of all this you will see Eric Priest take on Dave Stewart and you will see Matt Longtime go 1 on 1 with Aaron Epic. Last month Longtime and Priest won a tag match but had to cheat to do it. Commisioner Mike Rotundo has said the two teams will fight in singles matches this month. [/quote] I was happy with the card but i did not like how the AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship got phased out. This wasnt my intention but Stro really isnt a big enough name to compete with the talent we have coming in. I figure that Stro will have to lose the belt pretty soon as he isnt doing a good job and he's only had it for a month so far...

-411mania.com AWA Mountain State returns to the Las Cruces Arena with a double main event featuring Sean "X-Pac" Waltman taking on Mike Pittman and Brother Runt taking on Aaron Aguilera in a Hardcore Match. [B]Commisioner Rotundo makes an appearance![/B] Mike Rotundo walks out as he gets applauded by the audience for being there. Rotundo enters the ring and is handed a microphone from Benny English. Rotundo immediatelly goes into hype mode as he tells us that there will be 2 title defences and 2 HUGE Main Events. Rotundo tells the fans to enjoy the show and he mentions he'll be back later with an announcement. [B]AWA Singles Match: Matt Longtime W/ Eric Priest Vs Aaron Epic W/ Dave Stewart[/B] Epic walks out first with Stewart. They get the fans on there side by hugging some audience members. Longtime walks out as Priest accompanies him to ringside. Priest gets in an arguement at ringside as Longtime slides in. Longtime and Epic begin to brawl as Longtime hits a nice suplex early and begins to kick away at the ribs of Epic. Epic eventually mounted a come back and even hit a hurricarana off the top rope and got a 2 count. The end came when Priest grabbed Epics leg which distracted him. Stewart attacked Priest but Longtime hit a low blow and hit a splash off the top rope for the 3 count and the victory. [B]Stewarts Challenge![/B] Dave Stewart is checking on Epic as Longtime and Priest celebrate. Stewart mentions that he's meant to have a match with Eric Priest later on the show. Stewart suggests they do the match right now. Priest agrees and slides into the ring. [B]AWA Singles Match: Dave Stewart W/ Aaron Epic Vs Eric Priest W/ Matt Longtime[/B] Priest stands in the ring as the referee checks him. Priest immediatelly takes the advantage on Stewart as he beats him down in the corner and hits a hip toss out of the corner. Priest continued dominating but Stewart would not stay down. Priest even hit a cross body from the top rope and only managed a 2 count. Priest eventually got frustrated as he ordered Longtime to get him a chair. Longtime did as Priest went to hit Stewart with it. Stewart ducked and Priest hit the chair against the ropes and it hit Priest in the face. Stewart hit a missile dropkick from the top and covered Priest for the three count and the victory. As Stewart and Epic celebrate in the ring Eric Priest and Matt Longtime attack them from behind and leave them down and out. Epic and Stewart eventually recover and swear for revenge. [B]Mike Pittman in the ring![/B] Mike Pittman enters the ring as he is handed a microphone. He thanks the audience for coming to see him take on Sean Waltman tonight. Pittman says this is the biggest match in his career and that he's a little nervous about wrestling such a big name. Pittman says he's gonna win in the match and show the Mountain State fans that he can a win big match. He dedicates his performance to the fans as he walks back up the ramp. [B]AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship Match: Eric Canyon Vs Fred Sampson Vs The Stro W/ Ron Niemi[/B] Eric walks out first as he slaps hands with the audience and gets them on his side. Fred Sampson is out next as he seems to be 100% focused on winning the Mountain State Championship. Stro is out next as he looks smug with Niemi talking into his ear. Stro slides into the ring as the bell rings. This wasnt a very good 3 way. Stro really can't go anymore and he makes AWA Mountain State look bad by being there champion. Sampson and Canyon did well and they even hit some nice top rope moves and a plancha over the ropes was used. Stro got the victory when he locked The Encore onto Sampson. Sampson didnt tap out but instead he passed out which gave Stro the victory. [B]Stro's challenge![/B] Stro stands in the ring as he kicks Canyon out of the ring and is handed a microphone. Stro says he is issuing an open challenge and says anyone can accept it and recieve a title match next month. Nobody comes out as Stro says that everyone is afraid of him. Some familiar music plays as JERRY LYNN walks out and the crowd pops big for Jerry. Jerry is given his own microphone as he says next month he'll happily take on Stro for the AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship. Stro freaks out and tries to kiss up to Jerry but Jerry says he'll see Stro next month. Jerry walks to the back as Stro and Niemi have a small private chat in the ring and then also walk to the back. Benny English then stands in the ring and says it's time for the intermission. ---Intermission--- [B]AWA World Ladies Championship Match: Amazing Kong (C) Vs Alexa Thatcher[/B] Thatcher made her way out first as the crowd took a liking to her immediatelly as she handed out plastic jewelery to the kids in the crowd. Kong made her way down with her 3 belts (AWA, TNA and SHIMMER) and handed them to English. Kong slides in and immediatelly begins her beatdown on Thatcher and eventually squashed her into the corner. Thatcher then recieved a splash from the top rope. Kong then hit a sitdown powerbomb and got the three count. Kong was handed all three of her belts as she walked to the back with another succesful title defence. [B]AWA Singles Match: Mike Pittman Vs Sean "X-Pac" Waltman[/B] Pittman walks out first as the crowd cheers for him. Pittman enters the ring and stands in the corner as Tom Conway checks him for weapons. X-Pacs music plays as X-Pac makes his way out and slaps some hands before entering the ring. This match was a very good cruiserweight match with lots of countering and it showed how good X-Pac can be on a good day. X-Pac hit a moonsault but landed on his feet which then saw Pittman hit a beautiful enziguri for a 2 count. Waltman went for the X-Factor late in the match but Pittman managed to counter it into a lariat. Pittman climbed to the top rope and hit a Moonsault for the victory which shocked the AWA Mountain State audience. After the match X-Pac and Pittman hug as the two then celebrate for the fans and leave for the back together. [B]AWA Hardcore Match: Aaron Aguilera Vs Brother Runt[/B] Aguilera walks out first with a chair and a trashcan. Aguilera throws the stuff into the ring and slides into it. Brother Runt is out next as he is dragging a table behind him. Runt enters the ring and hits a nice dropkick immediatelly which begins the match. Runt grabs Aguileras chair and hits him with it. This was your basic WWE Hardcore Match but the Mountain State fans ate it up. Runt hit a double stomp onto the chair as the crowd really liked that and cheered for Runt. Runt hit a Runt Dog (Formerly Dudley Dog) through a table but only got a 2 count. The end came when Runt attempted another Runt Dog but Aguilera countered and hit a Fishermans Suplex onto an upright chair. Runt was out at this time as Aguilera hooked the leg and Tom Conway hooked the leg giving himself a victory. [B]Rotundo speaks![/B] Rotundo comes onto the stage way and congratulates the 2 men for the awesome match. Rotundo says that next month the AWA Mountain State will have a show featuring The Stro taking on Jerry Lynn he hypes that as a huge match as he continues. Rotundo told the audience that he had gotten into contact with a promoter from the Lower Mid South region. Rotundo told the fans that they would be able to catch AWA Mountain State at "A Night of Legends I" Rotundo walks to the back as Benny English hypes both events and thanks the audience for attending ---End of Show--- I was the one who really recieved the phone call. A Night of Legends is a convention for the fans from the 80's to meet there idols and it's a good idea but they wanted some new talent and Gagner somehow got us involved as the promoter felt that having Stro and Rotundo on our shows gave us an old school feel. Also the Night of Legends promoter informed me that they'd like us to use some legends from the convention on the shows and i was happy to have that happen. So we got the booking and will run 2 shows in July. I wonder how much both shows will draw. It'll be interesting and i figured i should work on a card for both shows as soon as possible.

I sat at my computer ready to type up the card for the next show. During the couple days since our last show i had gotten into contact with The Sandman and New Jack who were going to wrestle at my regular show. Along with this i recieved a card from the Night of Legends promoter. I was told to put the card on my website and hype it. I did as he said and i must admit the card looked pretty good. Not alot of my talent was used but that was okay since it's a Night of Legends Show and not an AWA Mountain State show even though we are heavily featured. First i thought i'd put a card up for the show my promotion was doing and not one we were featured on. [quote]AWA Mountain State returns to the Las Cruces College Basketball Arena for AWA Mountain State: Survival! this show will feature 6 huge matches and 2 title matches! In the Main Event of Survival! We will see The Stro defend the AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship against Jerry Lynn. Jerry Lynn answered an open challenge last month and has said The Stro's championship reign will come to an end at the Las Cruces Arena. Stro said that Lynn is tough but Stro is simply tougher. Who will leave with the Championship Belt? In our Semi Main Event we will see a battle of ECW Originals as The Sandman takes on New Jack. Sandman has said at the Las Cruces arena he's gonna drink some beers and take New Jack to the extreme. When New Jack was asked for a comment he said he's gonna show the fans what Extreme really meant. "ECW might be run by an egotistical ***hole but Extreme still lives" said New Jack. Who will win the battle of the ECW Orginals? In another title match we will see the dominating champion Amazing Kong defend her championship in a Triple Threat Match. Kong will not only defend her championship against the woman she defeated last month but she will also defend against Adara James. Kong has beaten both of these women at AWA Mountain State shows but can she beat both at the same time? Along with that match we will see Mike Pittman who comes off a huge win over Sean "X-Pac" Waltman teaming up with Aaron Epic and Dave Stewart to take on Eric Priest, Matt Longtime and AJ Kirsch. This Six Man Tag Team Match looks to be a huge match with Pittman promising to take care of all three men. Also on the card you'll see Aaron Aguilera who comes off a huge victory over Brother Runt taking on rookie Mike Fury. Aguilera has said he will prove why he is the man to look for at future shows. Aguilera has said he'll teach Mike Fury some respect aswell. Along with those 5 fantastic matches you'll see a huge Triple Threat Match featuring Fred Sampson taking on Adam Jacobs and Eric Canyon. Sampson has promised to break the losing streak he's been on lately and prove why he deserves a shot at the AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship. Quick card: ---AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship Match--- The Stro W/ Ron Niemi (C) Vs Jerry Lynn ---Battle of the ECW Originals--- New Jack Vs The Sandman ---AWA World Ladies Championship Match--- Amazing Kong (C) Vs Adara James Vs Alexa Thatcher ---AWA Six Man Tag Team Match--- Mike Pittman, Aaron Epic and Dave Stewart Vs AJ Kirsch, Eric Priest and Matt Longtime ---AWA Singles Match--- Aaron Aguilera Vs Mike Fury ---AWA Triple Threat Match--- Fred Sampson Vs Adam Jacobs Vs Eric Canyon [/quote] I thought this was a decent card for the show i thought Sandman, Lynn and Jack would draw some money for us from the show. I got a phone call from the Night of Legends 1 promoter who informed me that he'd added a show to the convention meaning we'd have to do two shows. I was fine with it and he sent me the card. I figured i might aswell post the card for the first night first. [quote]Legends of Wrestling and AWA Mountain State is proud to present a "Night of Legends 1 Night 1" which will come to you from the Pan Concert Hall in the Lower Mid South regions of the United States. This show will feature some of the top independent talent from the Mid South and of course the legends you all love to see in action competing in 7 fantastic matches. The Main Event of Night 1 will feature a HUGE Tag Team Match as we see legendary NWA Tag Team Rock N'Roll Express take on Legendary WWF Tag Team Demolition. Fans of both teams have been waiting for this match for years and Night of Legends 1 Night 1 will deliver it to you. Demolition has said they will prove they and the WWF were dominate. The Rock N'Roll Express promise to show the old school fans that the NWA was always better then the WWF. Who will come out on top? Along with this we will see a AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship Match as the winner of Jerry Lynn/The Stro will have to defend their championship belt against The Barbarian in a singles match. Barbarian was asked for comment but was not avaliable for one. His agent has said that Barbarian is looking at controlling the indy scene and that Barbarian plans to start by taking the AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship. Can he do it? Also on the show you will witness Mike Pittman making an open challenge to any legend in the arena. With such a huge line up of legends in the building we could see Pittman challenged by potentially anyone. Pittman has said he is excited to recieve this match with a legend and will do his best to come away with the victory. We will also see a AWA World Ladies Championship Match as Amazing Kong defends her Championship Belt against Luna Vachon. Luna has said she is one of the best womens wrestlers ever and will have no trouble defeating Amazing Kong. Luna has proclaimed that she wants all 3 of Amazing Kongs championship belts on the line. Kong agreed and thus we will see a TNA Knockouts, AWA World Ladies and SHIMMER Championship match. Can Luna walk away with more gold then a jeweler or will we see Kong make Luna just another victim? The Sandman will also be in action in a "Battle of Extreme" when The Sandman takes on The Zombie in a rematch from the very first ECW on Sci Fi television show. When The Sandman was told his opponent he laughed and asked Legends of Wrestling officials if they were serious. Zombie apparently has been brooding and waiting to finally get some revenge on The Sandman. Also in action will be Aaron Aguilera who challenged The Warlord on AWA Mountain States website. Aguilera has said he will prove to the fans at the Concert Hall that he can beat anyone even "Jacked up freaks" can Aguilera walk away with the victory? In other action we will see former WWE World Tag Team Champion Sylvan Greinier go 1 on 1 with the loser of the AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship Match. Sylvan has proclaimed that he is embarassed to be taking on the loser of the title match. Sylvain says it will be no problem beating a loser. Quick card: ---WWF Vs NWA Legendary Tag Team Match--- Demolition Vs Rock N'Roll Express ---AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship Match--- Jerry Lynn/The Stro (C) Vs The Barbarian W/ The Warlord ---Mike Pittmans Open Challenge--- Mike Pittman Vs ??? ---AWA World Ladies, TNA Knockouts and SHIMMER World Championship Match--- Amazing Kong (C) Vs Luna Vachon ---Battle of Extreme Hardcore Match--- The Sandman Vs The Zombie ---Singles Action--- Aaron Aguilera Vs The Warlord W/ The Barbarian ---Singles Action--- Jerry Lynn/The Stro Vs Sylvain Greinier [/quote] I liked this card alot i didnt know who my opponent was at all during the show and i managed to convince The Sandman to be our vendor guest in a hope to sell more of our merchandise at the convention. The show looked good so i posted the second nights card on the website. [quote]Legends of Wrestling and AWA Mountain State is proud to present a "Night of Legends 1 Night 2" which will come to you from the Pan Concert Hall in the Lower Mid South regions of the United States. This show will feature some of the top independent talent from the Mid South and of course the legends you all love to see in action competing in 6 fantastic matches. In the Main Event you will see a huge match as Rock N'Roll Express take on The Barbarian and The Warlord in a tag team match. The Rock N'Roll Express said they're used to beating up bigger teams and will have no problem taking The Barbarian and The Warlord to school. In our Semi Main Event we will see Jerry Lynn take on Sylvain Greinier. Jerry has said he is looking forward to wrestling Sylvain Greinier and getting a big time win over a former WWE World Tag Team Champion. Sylvain was asked for a comment but talked in pure french untill he said one line in English which was "Stupid Americans" will Lynn manage to beat Sylvan Greinier? In AWA World Ladies Championship Match action we will see Amazing Kong defend her Championship against Luna Vachon in a rematch from the night before. Who will walk away as AWA World Ladies Champion? We will see Mike Pittman make an open challenge for the second night in a row as he promises to beat yet another legend for the fans at the Concert Hall. Pittman said he will take on anyone aslong as they are a legend. Along with this a huge tag match will be made as we will see Eric Priest and Matt Longtime take on WWF Tag Team Legends Demolition in a tag team match. Demolition has said they are looking to beat some respect into Priest and Longtime. Priest and Longtime laughed at the Legends and said they're both washed up and it'll be an easy win. Also we will see a Fatal Four Way Hardcore Match featuring The Sandman taking on The Zombie, Rob Conway and The Stro. All 4 men in the match have been in the big leagues of wrestling and look to prove to the audience who is best. Who will leave the ring the victor? Quick Card: ---Legends Tag Team Match--- Rock N'Roll Express Vs The Barbarian and The Warlord ---USA Vs France Grudge Match--- Jerry Lynn Vs Sylvain Greinier ---AWA World Ladies Championship Match--- Amazing Kong (C) Vs Luna Vachon ---Mike Pittmans Open Challenge--- Mike Pittman Vs ??? ---Past Vs Present Tag Team Match--- Demolition Vs The Centerfolds ---Fatal Four Way Hardcore Match--- The Sandman Vs The Stro W/ Ron Niemi Vs Rob Conway Vs The Zombie [/quote]

-411mania.com AWA-Mountain State returns to Las Cruces arena tonight featuring The Stro taking on Jerry Lynn and The Sandman taking on New Jack. Before the show Benny English simply hyped the show up and promised that the show would not disappoint. [B]AWA Triple Threat Match: Adam Jacobs Vs Eric Canyon Vs Fred Sampson[/B] Jacobs is out first as he gets a mixed reaction from the audience. Canyon is out next as he gets cheered and Sampson wanders out and also gets a big cheer from the audience. This was your basic triple threat match with nothing major happening but all three men put in a nice effort. Sampson hit some beautiful take down moves and suplexes. Sampson eventually got the victory when Eric Canyon was knocked off the apron. Canyon turned around and was met by a Powerslam. Sampson then covered and got the three count and the victory. [B]Aguilera on the microphone![/B] Sampson is celebrating in the ring as Aaron Aguilera walks out with a microphone. He walks and talks as he tells Sampson to leave. Sampson shrugs and exits the ring as Aguilera enters. Aguilera talks about how nobody expected him to beat Brother Runt but he did. Aguilera says that tonight Mike Fury thinks he has a shot at beating him. Aguilera calls Fury crazy as he calls Fury out to the ring. [B]AWA Singles Match: Aaron Aguilera Vs Mike Fury[/B] Fury walked out as Aguilera smirked at him. Fury entered and the squash began with Aguilera hitting a nice backdrop leaving Fury down and out. Aguilera locked Fury in a sleeper hold and used the ropes to gain an advantage. Fury cut out of it and hit a chop but Aguilera kicked him low and hit a powerbomb. Aguilera signalled for the end and hit a Seated Chokeslam for the 3 count and the victory. Aguilera isnt down however as he hits another Seated Chokeslam and grabs a chair from ringside. He throws referee Tom Conway to the floor as he hits Fury multiple times with a chair. Aguilera yells something about a title shot as he leaves the ring and walks to the back. [B]AWA Six Man Tag Team Match: Mike Pittman, Aaron Epic and Dave Stewart Vs The Centrefolds and AJ Kirsch[/B] Mike Pittman, Aaron Epic and Dave Stewart walked out first as the fans cheered the team. The team waited in the ring as Priest, Longtime and Kirsch walked out and got booed. Priest got the microphone and talked about how Stewart was lucky to get a victory last month. Kirsch grabs the microphone and says tonight he will snap Mike Pittmans neck. Pittman jumps at Kirsch as the bell rings starting the match. Pittman did the face in peril deal whilst the opposite team beat him down and isolated him from his corner. Longtime messed up late in the match when he got ****y which allowed Pittman to hit a picture perfect Enziguri. Pittman tagged to Epic as he cleared house on all the heels except for Longtime. Epic hit a top rope DDT but only got a 2 count. Stewart got tagged in and hit a reverse DDT which lead to a tag for Pittman. Pittman hit a beautiful Tornado DDT and pinned Longtime for the victory. AJ Kirsch slides in and knocks Pittman down as the 2 brawl to the back. Priest and Longtime stand off with Epic and Stewart as the two teams begin to brawl to the back. Benny English gets the microphone and informs the audience that we'll be taking a short intermission. ---Intermission--- [B]Rotundo talks![/B] The fans begin to go back to there seats when they see Mike Rotundo walking down. Rotundo is handed a microphone as he thanks the audience for coming tonight. He promotes the legend show and says some AWA Mountain State talent will be appearing on the show. He encourages us to help out there good friends by going to the show. Rotundo says tonight is bound to be special as there is still 2 title matches remaining and a battle of ECW Legends. Rotundo said he is out here to simply thank the audience for there support. Rotundo bows as he walks to the back. [B]AWA World Ladies Championship Match: Amazing Kong (C) Vs Alexa Thatcher Vs Adara James[/B] Thatcher walks out first as the crowd cheer her. James is next as the crowd also cheer her. Both women wave to the audience as Kong walks down with all 3 of her Championships. Kong charges the ring as Adara James tries to attack Kong but recieves a huge clothesline. Kong dominated this match which was really a glorified squash match. Kong trampled Thatcher and hit an overhead press slam to the floor. Adara went for a clothesline but Kong didnt budge. Kong spear tackled her and splashed Adara twice. Kong hit a Sitdown Powerbomb for the three count and retained the AWA World Ladies Championship. [B]Rotundo talks with Kong![/B] Kong is standing in the ring as Rotundo stands infront of the entrance way. Rotundo says that Kong has now beaten 2 of the top ladies in AWA Mountain State. Rotundo says next month Kong will really be put to the test. Rotundo tells the audience to check the website to see who the woman to take on Kong next month will be. Kong nods her head as she points at Rotundo and grabs ahold of Alexa Thatcher. Kong hits a huge Sitdown Powerbomb and signals for Rotundo to bring it on. [B]Battle of the ECW Originals Match: The Sandman Vs New Jack[/B] "Enter Sandman" by Metallica plays through the Las Cruces Arena as The Sandman walks out and the fans go nuts. Sandman does his normal entrance and enters the ring and drinks a beer. New Jack walks down as he hits Sandman with a toaster to start the match. This was your WWE type of Hardcore Match with both men doing there main moves but obviously only being at the show for the pay day. Sandman eventually hit a shot with his Singapore Cane off the top rope and pinned New Jack. The Sandman then invited 2 people into the ring and they drank a beer. Sandman exits the ring as Benny English says it's time for the Main Event. [B]AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship Match: The Stro W/ Ron Niemi (C) Vs Jerry Lynn[/B] Jerry Lynn jogs out first as the crowd cheer him. Lynn slaps some hands and waits as The Stro walks out next with Ron Niemi in tow. Niemi grabs a microphone and calls Jerry Lynn washed up and old. Lynn grabbed a microphone from ringside and told Niemi that he was the manager of The Stro and Stro was older and more washed up then Lynn has ever been. Stro drops his belt and charges the ring as the match begins. This match wasnt very good but Lynn managed to make it atleast somewhat decent with him showing off his original moves. Stro managed to fight back and hit a nice suplex for a 2 count. Lynn hit the Cradle Piledriver late in the match but Ron Niemi pulled the referee out of the ring. Niemi tried to attack Lynn but Lynn hit him with a Cradle Piledriver also. Referee Tom Conway recovered as Lynn scooped Stro up and hit him with a scoop slam. Lynn signalled for the end as he picked Stro up and hit a Cradle Piledriver. Lynn hooked the leg and got the victory as the fans erupted into cheers. Lynn celebrates over the fallen Stro as Ron Niemi slides in behind him and clocks Lynn with the AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Title Belt. Stro recovers and helps Niemi on the 2 on 1 beatdown. Mike Pittman sprints out with a chair as Stro and Niemi bail from the ring. Stro and Niemi stand in the entrance way as Lynn recovers and is handed a microphone. Lynn challenges them to a tag match next month. Niemi refuses saying he can't wrestle as he is just a manager. Lynn says that Stro can find any wrestler in the world to team with him next month. Stro and Niemi share a small conversation and Stro agrees to the match. Lynn says it will be Jerry Lynn and Mike Pittman Vs The Stro and a Mystery Partner at the next show. Pittman grabs the microphone and tells Stro to find a good partner because he'll need one. Both teams walk to the back as Benny English says the show is finished and tells us to come back next month for more AWA Mountain State action. ---End of Show--- I liked this show and i felt Jerry winning the belt was a good move for us. I didnt know who Kong was taking on as of yet but i knew who Stro was teaming with and i was hoping the man would draw some money for us when he was announced. I now looked forward to the 2 legend shows and man was i glad i wasnt paying for that legends show. I heard from Jerry Lynn at this show that the promoter for Night of Legends I spent 15,000 dollars just on the talent alone. I was shocked at this and hoped there'd be a Night of Legends II...

-awastars.com [B]Scott Garland wins AWA World Heavyweight Championship![/B] At a recent AWA Supershow the AWA World Heavyweight Champion Steve Corino went to the ring and made an open challenge to anyone within the AWA. Scott Garland entered the venue as the crowd gave him a huge "Scotty 2 Hotty" chant. Garland hit "The Worm" on Corino and then hit a nice neckbreaker on Corino to finish him. The audience was shocked as Garland held the Title Belt up. The AWA wishes to congratulate Scott Garland (Scotty 2 Hotty) on his victory over Steve Corino. [B]New AWA World Tag Team Champions![/B] At an AWA Mid South Show on Sunday the 350 fans in attendance witnessed Michael Von Payton and Shayne Hawke put the AWA World Tag Team Championships on the line against Carl Leduc and Ruffy Silverstein. Leduc and Silverstein dominated and won the match when Leduc hit a huge lariat on Michael Von Payton. The AWA wishes to congratulate Carl Leduc and Ruffy Silverstein on the victory.

-411mania.com Night of Legends I Night 1 is on tonight featuring a huge Demolition Vs Rock N'Roll Express Main Event. Before the show AWA Mountain State Announcer Benny English came to the ring and hyped the show as being one of those shows that nobody ever forgets. He thanks the audience for being there and thanks Night of Legends promoters for inviting him and AWA Mountain State to be apart of this. English says it's time to start the show as the crowd pops. [B]NOL Singles Match: The Stro W/ Ron Niemi Vs Sylvain Greinier[/B] Stro walks out first as the crowd boo's him. Niemi argues with some fans as Stro waits in the ring. Sylvain comes out next to mixed reactions as Sylvain makes sure he is also a heel by yelling at some fans in French. Stro and Sylvain didnt really mesh well in the ring with Stro dominating early and Niemi cheating for Stro. Sylvain eventually fought back with some clotheslines and finally hit a Scoop Slam. Stro rose to his feet and got hit with a Running Powerslam for the 3 count. Stro recovered as Niemi grabbed the microphone and said that the match doesent count as Sylvain isnt even a legend. Stro agrees and says in the books it was a victory for Sylvain but in Stro's mind it wasnt. Stro and Niemi leave. [B]NOL Singles Match: Aaron Aguilera Vs The Warlord W/ The Barbarian[/b] Aguilera walks out first as he shakes some hands and enters the ring. Warlord walks out as him and Barbarian try and play heel but are cheered anyway. Warlord dominated this match as Aguilera basically just bumped around for Warlord. Aguilera tried to hit a Sitdown Chokeslam late but Warlord bounced off the ropes and hit a running clothesline. Warlord covered and got the three count. [B]Rock N'Roll Express in the ring![/B] Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson walk out with microphones as the audience applaud them. Robert grabs the microphone and begins to speak. Gibson talks about the old days and how this show reminds him of the old days. Ricky grabs the microphone and agrees with Gibson. Morton says that tonight they'll beat Demolition and show why they're former NWA World Tag Team Champions. [B]NOL Battle of Extreme Hardcore Match: The Sandman Vs The Zombie[/B] Zombie walks out first as he enters the ring and stands there with his arms out stretched. "Enter Sandman" by Metallica plays as Sandman walks in through the front door with some beers and a cigarette. He does his usual entrance and enters the ring. Zombie tries to grab at Sandman but Sandman canes him in the head and continually canes him. Sandman is laughing his ass off as he hits the White Russian Leg Sweep with the Cane around Zombies head. Sandman covers and gets the victory. [B]Stro mocks The Sandman![/B] The Stro and Ron Niemi make there way out in the entrance way. Stro says that Sandman got famous for being an alcoholic and caning people. Stro calls The Sandman pathetic and says that he will kick Sandmans ass tommorow night. Sandman smirks and drinks a beer as Stro shakes his head and walks to the back. [B]AWA World Ladies, TNA Knockouts and SHIMMER World Championship Match: Amazing Kong (C) Vs Luna Vachon[/B] Luna Vachon walks out first as she plays to the crowd and slides into the ring. Kong walks out next as she throws all her belts in the ring and immediatelly slides in and hits a huge clothesline on Vachon. Kong grabs at Vachon and throws her into the corner and lifts her to the top rope. Kong hits a Belly to Belly Suplex off the top rope. Kong then hits a splash on the downed Vachon and hits the Sitdown Powerbomb to get the victory. ---Intermission--- [B]Mike Pittmans open challenge![/B] Mike Pittman walks out with a microphone as he slides into the ring and says he is honored to be at such a huge event. Pittman says he thought he'd never be on a show with the guys he watched growing up. Pittman says he is here to make an open challenge to anyone in the back. Pittman repeats his challenge as Rob Conway makes his way out. Pittman backs into a corner as Conway slides into the ring and the bell rings. [B]NOL Singles Match: Mike Pittman Vs Rob Conway[/B] Pittman launches at Conways legs and trips him and locks in a headlock. Conway gets out of it and chops Pittman twice and hits a suplex leaving Pittman down and out in the centre of the ring. The match was very even with both men throwing everything at the other. Pittman hit a Tornado DDT late in the match for only a 2 count. Pittman climbed to the top looking for his Moonsault but Conway hit him low and hit a neckbreaker for only a 2 count. The fans are chanting for Pittman as Pittman recovers and hits a Hurricarana into the corner. Pittman then hits a huge tornado DDT and pins Conway for a 2 count. Conway then recovered and picked Pittman up for a Death Valley Driver but Pittman slides out and hits a Reverse DDT for the 3 count and the victory. Pittman stands up and celebrates as Conway stands up. Pittman offers his hand but recieves a punch to the face as Conway begins beating down on Pittman. Jerry Lynn sprints out with the AWA Mountain State Championship around his waist as he clears the ring. Lynn gets the microphone and says tonight he has a match against The Barbarian. He invites Barbarian to come out right now. [B]AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship Match: Jerry Lynn (C) Vs The Barbarian W/ The Warlord[/B] The Powers of Pain walk out as Mike Pittman walks to the back leaving Lynn alone. Barbarian charges into the corner as Lynn jumps over him immediatelly and hits him with a nice Hurricarana. This match wasnt that good as it was a huge mismatch but Lynn did some nice stuff and even attempted the Cradle Piledriver. Barbarian went for a suplex late in the match but Lynn managed to get his feet on the top turnbuckle and hit a Senton onto Barbarian knocking him to the floor. Lynn landed in a pinning position as referee Tom Conway counted the pinfall and gave Jerry Lynn the victory. [B]NOL Legends Tag Team Match: Demolition Vs Rock N'Roll Express[/B] Rock N'Roll Express come out first as the crowd cheers them. Rock N'Roll Express play to the crowd as Demolition walks out and the fans go crazy. Demolition enter and even get the streamer treatment. Demolition and Rock N'Roll Express were seperated as Benny English did the formal ring introductions. After them the bell rang as Ax and Robert Gibson started out. This match was good for the memories of the tag teams and the match was decent but it wasnt amazing. Both teams got the spots they were famous for in and eventually Ricky Morton hit a huge Superkick into Smash but Smash didnt fall. Robert Gibson then hit a Flying Cross Body off the top rope onto the groggy Smash for the 3 count and the victory. Gibson recovered as he thanked the audience for attending. He said tommorow night the Powers of Pain are going down. Demolition and Rock N'Roll Express hug as the show ends with a handshake from both teams. ---End of Show--- Man this show was entertaining for me anyway. I loved seeing the older guys and i thought my match with Conway was good. The crowds turned out aswell as the promoter drew 1100 people to this show which hopefully covers the 15,000 dollar fee's that he spent.

-411mania.com The Second Night of Night of Legends is on tonight featuring the Powers of Pain taking on the Rock N'Roll Express in a Tag Team Match. [b]NOL Four Man Hardcore Showdown: The Sandman Vs Rob Conway Vs The Stro W/ Ron Niemi Vs The Zombie[/b] Stro walks out first as he enters the ring and yells at the audience. Conway is out next as he stands in the entrance way and slowly walks into the ring and plays to the audience. Zombie walks out next but Sandman jumps him from behind and begins caning him. Sandman runs down to the ring and gets booed big time for not doing his entrance. Conway grabs Sandman and gets him into the corner and begins punching at Sandmans back. Stro and Conway team up and hit a double suplex which leaves Sandman out. Stro and Conway boot away at Sandman untill Conway turns on Stro and clotheslines him down. Sandman recovers and canes Conway and Stro recovers and gets caned too. Sandman grabs a Ladder from ringside as he throws it at both Conway and Stro. Ron Niemi tries to attack Sandman but Niemi recieves a Cane shot for his worries. Sandman climbs the ladder as Zombie gets back into the ring and climbs up the ladder. Sandman canes him as Stro climbs to the top rope and hits a DDT off the top of the ladder. Conway tries to get the better of Stro but Stro locks Conway in The Encore and Conway taps. [B]Rotundo hypes the next match![/B] Mike Rotundo comes out as the crowd cheers for Rotundo. Rotundo enters the ring and says that he believes he belongs with the legends. Rotundo says the next match will feature a tag team that are truly legendary. Rotundo says he's gonna be the special guest referee for this match. [B]NOL Past Vs Present Tag Team Match: Demolition Vs The Centerfolds Special Guest Referee: Mike Rotundo[/B] Centerfolds are out first as they enter the ring and try and intimidate Rotundo. Rotundo has none of it though and pushes Matt Longtime away from him. Demolition make there way out as the fans go nuts for them. Demolition enter the ring as the brawl immediatelly begins with Demolition dominating. This was pretty much a squash with Priest only managing to get the better of Ax after hitting Ax low. Longtime got tagged in and immediatelly recieved a Powerslam from Smash which got Demolition the victory. Demolition leave the ring as Rotundo tries to help Centerfolds up. Centerfolds shove Rotundo away and begin beating Rotundo down. Mike Pittman sprints out as he hits Priest and Longtime with some right hands. Pittman dropkicks Priest out of the ring and helps Rotundo to his feet. [B]Mike Pittmans Open Challenge![/B] Mike Pittman is handed the microphone as Rotundo stands with him. Pittman says he'll take care of the Centerfolds at a later date. Pittman says he is here for the Legends Open Challenge. Pittman says he will take on anyone in the building aslong as they're a legend. Pittman talks about how he beat Rob Conway last night and says tonight he is looking for a greater challenge. Some music familiar to WCW fans plays as Buff Bagwell walks out with a smirk on his face. [B]NOL Singles Match: Buff Bagwell Vs Mike Pittman W/ Mike Rotundo[/B] Bagwell was playing the heel in this match as he flexed at some women at ringside and slides into the ring. Pittman offers his hand but Buff slapped him and went on offense. Buff hit some nice moves and really showed that he belonged on this card. Pittman fought back with 2 clotheslines and dropkicked Bagwell. Pittman signalled to the top as he hit a BUFF BLOCKBUSTER ONTO THE OUTSIDE. The fans are going nuts as Pittman and Buff are both down. Pittman slides Buff into the ring and hits a beautiful DDT on the limp Bagwell and covers for the 3 count and the victory. ---Intermission--- [B]AWA World Ladies Championship Match: Amazing Kong (C) Vs Luna Vachon[/B] Vachon walks out first as she says to the camera "It aint happening again" obviously referring to her loss to Kong last night. Kong runs out as Vachon tries to get an advantage early but Kong spears her to the canvas. Vachon tries to kick at Kong but Kong spinebusters Vachon. Kong signals for the finish and hits a Sitdown Powerbomb. This gives Kong the 3 count and the victory as Kong slides and walks up the ramp. As Kong is about to walk behind the curtain we see someone hit Kong with a huge Lariat. The person takes the mask off to revel Ms. Chif. Ms. Chif screams that she's coming for the AWA World Ladies Championship at the next show. Chif runs off through the crowd as Kong slowly recovers. [B]AWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship Match: Jerry Lynn (C) Vs Sylvain Greinier[/B] Sylvan is out first as the audience gives him a mixed reaction. Greinier stands in the corner as Lynn sprints out to the ring and immediatelly begins brawling with Sylvain. Lynn hits a picture perfect suplex from corner to corner. This was a very fast paced match with Jerry using all his moves but Greinier continually kicking out. Sylvain hit a top rope neckbreaker for a 2 count. Lynn signalled for the Cradle Piledriver late in the match but Sylvain kicked him low and rolled him up for a 2 count. Lynn then flipped out from a Powerslam and hit a Cradle Piledriver for the 3 count. The audience erupted as Lynn posed with the belt. Lynn jumps off the top turnbuckle as The Stro and Ron Niemi jump him from behind. The audience begins chanting for Pittman as Pittman sprints out with a chair. Stro and Niemi bail out as Lynn and Pittman stand in the ring staring at Stro and Niemi. [B]NOL Tag Team Match: Rock N'Roll Express Vs Powers of Pain[/B] Powers of Pain are out first as they pose in the ring and await the Rock N'Roll Express. Rock N'Roll Express come out as the crowd erupts into cheers for them. Benny English does a really nice ring introduction as the bell rings. Rock N'Roll Express were dominated right from the start. Barbarian dominated Gibson and hit him with a huge suplex. Gibson tagged to Morton as Morton began the comeback. Morton hits a huge missile dropkick from the top rope as Warlord grabs ahold of him. Gibson saves Morton as Morton stumbles for a cover on Barbarian but only gets a 2 count. Morton and Gibson hit a double dropkick as Morton climbs to the top rope and hits a legdrop. Morton hooks the leg and gets the 3 count and the victory. The fans go nuts as the Rock N'Roll Express stand tall in the ring and hug. ---End of Show---

-awastars.com [quote]AWA Mountain State returns to the Las Cruces Arena for 2 and a half hours of Wrestling action! In our Main Event we will see Jerry Lynn and Mike Pittman team up to take on The Stro and a Mystery Partner. We found out earlier this week that The Stro picked former WWF and WCW World Tag Team Champion Rick Steiner to be his tag team partner. Stro has said that he and Rick have an understanding and Stro promised to end Lynn and Pittmans careers. Can Stro and Steiner do it? Also in an AWA World Ladies Championship Match we will see the reigning and defending AWA World Ladies Champion Amazing Kong take on current SHIMMER Star Ms. Chif. Ms. Chif attacked Amazing Kong at Night of Legends Night 2 and promised to take the belt at AWA Mountain State: Mysteries. Can Ms. Chif take the belt away from Amazing Kong? Mike Rotundo has said that the match will be a hardcore match. The odds are in Ms. Chifs favour. Will she leave with the belt? Along with this we will see fan favourite Aaron Aguilera be challenged by Adam Jacobs. Jacobs has said he'll try his best against Aguilera as that is all he can do. Aguilera has said he'll easily beat Jacobs. Aguileras reasoning for beating Jacobs is because he's better then Jacobs. In a Hardcore Tag Team Match we will see Aaron Epic and Dave Stewart team up to take on The Centerfolds. Epic and Stewart have said that this tag match will be the match that ends the feud. Priest and Longtime have said that it's time to take out the garbage. Along with those 4 matches we will see Fred Sampson take on AJ Kirsch and we'll also see Alexa Thatcher take on Adara James in what promises to be 2 fantastic matches! AWA Mountain State: Mysteries looks to be a huge event featuring the top talent from the Mountain State region. Who will be the victors? What will happen? Be sure to be at the Las Cruces Arena to find out! Quick card: ---AWA Tag Team Match--- Jerry Lynn and Mike Pittman Vs The Stro and Rick Steiner W/ Ron Niemi ---AWA World Ladies Championship Match--- Amazing Kong (C) Vs Ms. Chif ---AWA Singles Match--- Aaron Aguilera Vs Adam Jacobs ---AWA Hardcore Tag Team Match--- Aaron Epic and Dave Stewart Vs The Centerfolds ---AWA Singles Match--- Fred Sampson Vs AJ Kirsch ---AWA Ladies Action--- Adara James Vs Alexa Thatcher[/quote]

-awastars.com [quote]The American Wrestling Association has huge news today as AWA proudly wishes to inform it's fans that an AWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship will be made and will be decided in a 16 man tournament at the Las Cruces arena next month. The Las Cruces arena is where AWA Mountain State regularly runs it's shows. Next month we will see a huge 16 man tournament to crown the AWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion. AWA Officials have named the 2 first opponents naming Kirby Mack who is the former AWA World Light Heavyweight Championship. Kirby gets a shot in the tournament because the lineage of the World Light Heavyweight Championship will be joining the AWA World Junior Championships lineage. Participant number 2 will be AWA Mountain States top junior heavyweight Mike Pittman. Mike Pittman has said he is looking to prove himself to the AWA as a whole. AWA Officials are proud to announce that there will be 8 USA Participants and 8 Japanese participants to be announced tommorow afternoon at 12 PM on the dot. Be sure to check AWA Stars to see the tournament participants and brackets![/quote]

Archived