World Wrestling Entertainment: Behind the Scenes

[U][B]Stamford, Connecticut|August 2007[/B][/U] "And what exactly do you mean by 'attitude problem'?" [B]"Well Joey, perhaps you're not aware of this, but arriving late for the [I]third time in a month[/I] isn't exactly something you'd expect from a model employee."[/B] I rolled my eyes as Styles attempted to retort. It wasn't as though this is the first time he'd had to punish one of the guys, but Joey Styles? Wasn't he one of the guys who, judging from the opinion of internet, can never do wrong? Well, I supposed this proves just how much the internet really knew about some of the wrestlers. [B]"Ok, so look. Joey, I don't know if you have a history of this sort of thing, because I'm new here, remember? But honestly, I'm telling you now...if this happens again, then you're out of a job."[/B] "So fire me then, if that's what you want. Trying to force me out of the company...well I wont' allow it, I -" [B]"Oh, give it a rest Joey. Just suck it up and try to arrive [I]on time [/I]in the future. You know as well as I do that you don't want to lose your job."[/B] "But -" [B]"Joey, look at me. Do you honestly want us to get rid of you right now? Because we can do just that, you know we can."[/B] "Uh...n -" [B]"Exactly. Now, it's been nice talking to you, but I really have to end this. I'll see you."[/B] Joey mumbled something, but turned around and left the office without arguing. I slammed the office door, walked back to the desk and fell back into my seat. Just as my eyes were beginning to close over, the secretary's voice rang in my ears. "Mr. McMeekin, Stephanie's here to see you." I groaned, but told the secretary to send her in. Stephanie McMahon, daughter of Vince, opened the door almost immediately, and sat wearily on the seat opposite to me. She looked as tired as he was, yet somehow her beauty still managed to fill the room like a bright light. [I]"Hey, I take it you're tired?"[/I] [B]"Yeah, I just dealt with Styles. But you don't look too energetic yourself Steph."[/B] She covered her mouth, trying to stiffle a yawn. [I]"Yeah, it's been a tough day. Benoit's still persistant about wanting to continue wrestling regularly."[/I] [B]"But you couldn't coincide, eh?"[/B] [I]"No way, not with his risk of injury. We could never let him continue. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he just walked out on us."[/I] [B]"Seriously?"[/B] [I]"Yeah, I was talking to him, and he was just so bitter. Honestly, you should have heard some of the stuff he was saying. Not appreciated, the best damn wrestler we have...Seriously, I think it might just be best to let him go, he's never going to agree to being 'just' an agent."[/I] [B]"But surely he'll be even more at risk if he's able to wrestle outside of the company?"[/B] [I]"Yes, but you see, he's going to quit anyway. You weren't there, you didn't hear him. Sacking him is the most efficient thing we can do right now. So, he'll be at risk, but it's his problem now. If he doesn't want our support, then so be it. Nope, he's gone, I've made up my mind."[/I] I could obviously spot the flaws here, but even so, I had to agree. This is what I love about Steph. She's as human as anyone, yet she's so fiery when she needs to be. [B]"Well, I suppose you're right. We'd better get the papers...although perhaps we shouldn't tell Benoit until after his match with Lashley come Tuesday, we don't want to spoil anything."[/B] So, with that, we got down to the paper-work, Stephanie ceasing all talking and getting stuck in, whilst I tried doing the same, attempting not to gaze into her ample cleavage. [CENTER]***[/CENTER] [QUOTE]OOC: Right, so this is taking place three months into my WWE game, started in June 2007. The main protagonist is me, and in case you didn't gather this already, the diary's going to include both on-screen and backstage stuff.[/QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://www.thescore.ca/img/shows/wwe_raw.jpg[/IMG] [B]WWE Champion: Kane[/B] [I]d. John Cena at SummerSlam 2007[/I] [B]Intercontinental Champion: Mr. Kennedy[/B] [I]d. CM Punk at SummerSlam 2007[/I] [B]World Tag Team Champions: Johnny Nitro & Kenny Dykstra[/B] [I]d. The Hardy Boyz & WWE Tag Team Champions Londrick at SummerSlam 2007 to unify the titles[/I] [B]Women's Champion: Melina[/B] [I]d. Mickie James at SummerSlam 2007[/I] [B]Face roster:[/B] [I]Men:[/I] John Cena Shawn Michaels Jeff Hardy Matt Hardy CM Punk Ken Shamrock Trevor Murdoch Lance Cade Drew Galloway [I]Women:[/I] Mickie James Victoria Ivory Maria Ashley [I]Tag Teams/Stables:[/I] The Hardy Boyz (Matt & Jeff Hardy) Trevor Murdoch & Lance Cade [I]Injured and/or inactive:[/I] Triple H The Boogeyman [B]Heel roster:[/B] [I]Men:[/I] Kane Randy Orton Mr. Kennedy Johnny Nitro Kenny Dykstra Santino Marella Goldust Shelton Benjamin Charlie Haas Chris Masters Stevie Richards [I]Women:[/I] Melina Jillian Hall [I]Tag Teams/Stables:[/I] Johnny Nitro & Kenny Dykstra The World's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin/Charlie Haas) [I]Injured and/or inactive:[/I] The Great Khali Hardcore Holly Daivari Beth Phoenix [IMG]http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/graphics/WWFSMKDN.jpg[/IMG] [B]World Heavyweight Champion: Edge[/B] [I]d. The Undertaker on SmackDown[/I] [B]United States Champion: Montel Vontavious Porter[/B] [I]d. Chris Benoit at Judgement Day 2007[/I] [B]Cruiserweight Champion: Juvi Guerrera[/B] [I]d. Chavo Guerrero at SummerSlam 2007[/I] [B]Face roster:[/B] [I]Men:[/I] Batista Booker T Rey Mysterio Finlay Paul London Brian Kendrick Paul Burchill Juvi Guerrera Rikishi Super Crazy Jimmy Wang-Yang Shannon Moore Funaki [I]Women:[/I] Candice Michelle Kristal Marshall Torrie Wilson Sharmell [I]Tag Teams/Stables:[/I] Londrick (Paul London/Brian Kendrick) Jimmy Wang-Yang & Shannon Moore [I]Injured/Inactive:[/I] The Undertaker [B]Heel roster:[/B] [i]Men:[/i] Edge Montel Vontavious Porter Ric Flair Viscera Kevin Thorn Carlito William Regal Matt Striker Val Venis Chavo Guerrero Deuce Domino Dave Taylor Kid Kash Jamie Noble [I]Women:[/I] Luna Ms. McCool Bonnie Banks Cherry [I]Tag Teams/Stables:[/I] Edge's Army (Edge/MVP/Ric Flair/Viscera) SmackDown Teaching Staff (Profs. Matt Striker & Val Venis w/Ms. McCool) Deuce 'N' Domino (w/Cherry) [I]Injured/Inactive:[/I] Anthony Thomas Katie Lea [IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/saimbaig/ExtremeChampionshipWrestling.png[/IMG] [B]ECW Champion: Bobby Lashley[/B] [I]d. Vince McMahon at One Night Stand 2007[/I] [B]Face roster:[/B] [I]Men:[/I] Bobby Lashley Chris Benoit Tommy Dreamer Nunzio Balls Mahoney Brian Major Brett Major Brad Armstrong [I]Women:[/I] Layla [I]Tag Teams/Stables:[/I] The Major Brothers (Brian & Brett Major) Tommy Dreamer & Balls Mahoney [B]Heel roster:[/B] [I]Men:[/I] Umaga Vader Elijah Burke Marcus Cor Von Sylvester Terkay The Miz Robbie McAllister Rory McAllister Mike Knox Don Marshall [I]Women:[/I] Trinity Kelly Layla Terri Powers [I]Tag Teams/Stables:[/I] The New Breed (Elijah Burke & Marcus Cor Von) Extreme Vixens Inc. (Trinity/Kelly/Layla/The Miz) The Highlanders (Robbie & Rory McAllister w/Terri Powers) The Urban Outlawz (Mike Knox & Don Marshall) [I]Injured/Inactive:[/I] Gregory Helms [/CENTER] [QUOTE][B][I]OOC: Next - 'What's Been Happening' and PPV Results[/I][/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback guys. :) [CENTER]***[/CENTER] [I]Looking back on...[B]June 2007.[/B][/I] [QUOTE][B]OnlineWorldofWrestling.com|WWE Hires Rookie for Booking Job[/B] According to Dave Meltzer, WWE have hired the relatively inexperienced Tto a booking job backstage. McMeekin, aged 24, is from Belfast, Northern Ireland, and has had previous experience in FWA in the UK and APW her in the States. The latter stint was a short one though, and it is surprising that the WWE would hire him over more experienced bookers and favourites among the more powerful names of the company. How high up his position will be still remains unknown. However, the Observer states that it will be quite a few rungs up from the typical WWE-beginner.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Results from the Draft Lottery Special RAW[/B] ECW's Bobby Lashley d. The Great Khali via DQ (Umaga interfered) [B]- Umaga drafted to ECW[/B] SmackDown's Batista d. RAW's World's Greatest Tag Team [B]- Kevin Thorn drafted to SmackDown[/B] ECW's Tommy Dreamer d. SmackDown's MVP (non-title Extreme Rules match) [B]- Chris Benoit drafted to ECW[/B] RAW's Randy Orton won an interpromotional 15-man Battle Royal [B]- CM Punk and Kane drafted to RAW[/B] SmackDown's Edge d. RAW's John Cena (Khali interfered) [B]- Ric Flair drafted to SmackDown[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Supplementary Draft Picks Revealed[/B] [I]WWE.com announced the superstars drafted on Tuesday...[/I] [B]To Raw...[/B] - The Boogeyman - Daivari - Stevie Richards - Hardcore Holly - Jillian Hall - Ashley Massaro [B]To SmackDown...[/B] - Carlito - Viscera - Eugene - Matt Striker - Torrie Wilson [B]To ECW...[/B] - Gregory Helms - The Miz - Robbie McAllister - Rory McAllister[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B][U]RAW, SmackDown and ECW present...WWE Vengeance[/U][/B] [I]Pre-show:[/I] [B]WWE Tag Team Championship[/B] Londrick d. Deuce 'N' Domino to retain... William Regal d. CM Punk [I]Main show:[/I] [B]Ladder Match for the World Tag Team Championship[/B] The Hardy Boyz d. Johnny Nitro & Kenny Dykstra to retain... [B]Latina Street Fight for the Women's Championship[/B] Melina d. Candice Michelle to retain [I]Thus, Candice must leave RAW and the women's division[/I] [B]2/3 Falls Match for the United States Championship[/B] MVP d. Ric Flair (2 falls to 1) to retain... [B]Tables Match[/B] The New Breed d. Chris Benoit & Tommy Dreamer [B]Steel Cage Match for the ECW Championship[/B] Bobby Lashley d. Vince McMahon to become NEW champion... [B]Ambulance Match[/B] Shawn Michaels & Mick Foley d. Randy Orton & Umaga [B]Falls Count Anywhere Match for the WWE Championship[/B] John Cena d. The Great Khali to retain... [B]'Last Chance' Last Man Standing Match for the World Heavyweight Championship[/B] Edge d. Batista to retain... [I]Batista can never challenge for Edge's title again[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]WWE Ending Tri-Branded Idea[/B] As of today, WWE have officially brought an end to the monthly tri-branded PPV idea. Whether it's due to repetitiveness or a lack of PPV time for certain superstars, it cannot be confirmed. However, we [I]can[/I] that Vengeance, set to take place at the end of the month, will feature RAW superstars only.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]More Info on WWE PPVs[/B] WWE.com announced earlier today that the monthly tri-branded PPV idea has ended. We can now announce that although RAW will have its own PPVs, ECW matches will be featured on the SmackDown events. It is possible that belief is that this will make the potentially lacking SmackDown-only PPVs seem more 'marquee', and therefore more attractive to the potential buyer. The following is the PPV schedule until WrestleMania 24 in April '08: [B]Vengeance - [COLOR="Red"]RAW[/COLOR]; Great American Bash - [COLOR="Blue"]SmackDown [/COLOR](featuring [COLOR="Purple"]ECW[/COLOR]); SummerSlam - Tri-branded; Unforgiven - [COLOR="red"]RAW[/COLOR]; No Mercy - [COLOR="blue"]SmackDown [/COLOR](featuring [COLOR="purple"]ECW[/COLOR]); Cyber Sunday - [COLOR="red"]RAW[/COLOR]; Survivor Series - Tri-branded; Armageddon - [COLOR="blue"]SmackDown [/COLOR](featuring [COLOR="purple"]ECW[/COLOR]); Royal Rumble - Tri-branded; No Way Out - Tri-branded; WrestleMania 24 - Tri-branded.[/B] As you can see, Cyber Sunday will continue to run as a RAW-only PPV, whereas all events taking place on the 'Road to WrestleMania' will be tri-branded, including No Way Out, formerly a SmackDown PPV.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][U]RAW [B]presents...WWE Vengeance[/U][/B] [I]Pre-show:[/I] Victoria d. Ivory [I]Main show:[/I] [B]Intercontinental Championship[/B] Santino Marella d. CM Punk to retain... [B]Women's Championship[/B] Melina d. Mickie James to retain... World's Greatest Tag Team vs. Murdoch & Cade ends in a no-contest The Great Khali (w/Daivari & Eric Bischoff) d. The Boogeyman [B]World Tag Team Championship[/B] Nitro & Dykstra d. The Hardy Boyz to become NEW champions... [B]Six Pack Challenge for the WWE Championship[/B] John Cena d. Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, Kane, Mick Foley & Sgt. Slaughter to retain[/QUOTE]

Archived