The Rise Of A Legend

Craig "Real Name No Gimmicks" Lockhart is already a Local Legend in his hometown of rough and tough Detriot city. Having earned a record of 15 wins 13 by way of knockout he is a top prospect in the eyes of many major promotions. His sole loss came at the hands of Siyar Bahadurzada when the bout was stopped due to a severe cut which has since turned itself into a nasty scar on craig's cheek. He has impressive wins over Terry Martin, Tim Boetsch, and Frank Trigg. Craig has been training Brazillian Jiu Jitsu for 7 years and has currently Joined Sityodtong Training camp to improve on his skills. He has quickly become friends with UFC's Marcus Davis and Kenny Florian. Craig is working currently on his boxing, wrestling and submission skills. Although he is unemployed at the moment he is anxiously waiting for his chance to prove that he has what it takes to become a legend.

WEC Sign Craig "Real Name No Gimmicks" Lockhart Sunday Week 1 April 2008 mmajunkie.com In breaking news WEC finally last night put the rumours to rest and signed Craig "Real Name No Gimmicks" Lockhart (15-1-1) to their promotion. He joins WEC's expanding Light Heavyweight division with such names as Frank Trigg (Whom Craig has a 1st round KO win over) Doug Marshall and Craig Zellner. The signing is set to be announced officially tomarrow in a conference call. As we understand it, the contract is for 5 fights, his first is expected to be announced soon.

Monday Week 2 April 2008 Taken from whowantstofight.com Interviewer: How does it feel Craig knowing that since you have signed with World Extreme Cage Fighting or WEC for short your stocks have gone up? Craig: It's a lot to take in right now to be honest.... I have worked and trained hard for this, In my eyes I'am the best fighter in the Light Heavyweight division. With time and hard work I will prove to myself and the world that I'am the best Interviewer: When you were signed to WEC Frank Trigg who you stopped via KO in the 1st round was heard saying he'd like to avenge that loss...any comments? Craig: Frank is a tough guy but he's going downhill from here....he's 35 i'm 25, and we all know he's no Randy Couture. He's also still 5'8 he hit puberty a long time ago he's not going to grow an extra couple inches. Interviewer: Is there anyone in the MMA world who you would most like to fight? Craig: I haven't given much thought into this question.......hmmmm.......Well in my eyes like I said I'am the best....therefore I want to fight the best. I'd like to fight Chuck, Rampage, anyone I will fight anyone. Put me in a cage with a Lion and i'll fight the damn thing. Interviewer:What is it like training with Kenny Florian and Marcus Davis? Craig: It's an honor for me....They are both great fighters I have been working on my submission skill with Kenny he's really got a knack for making people tap out. Marcus has been Teaching me the boxing game, they don't call him hand grenade for nothing. Interviewer: any word on who you're first opponent will be? Craig: Ya I'll be in the main event against Reese Andy Monday week 3 June 2008 don't miss it. Interviewer: Craig good luck with your fight Craig: Thank you

Results Monday Week 3 June 2008 WEC 34: Nowhere To Run - California - 2,485 In attendance Todd Moore vs Scott Norton - Todd Moore Wins UD (*) Justin Robbins vs Ian McCall - Ian McCall Wins KO 30 seconds into 2nd round (**) Jose Aldo vs Rich Crunkilton - Jose Aldo Wins UD (*) Manny Tapia vs Mark Hominick - Manny Tapia Wins TKO in 2:28 of Round 1 (**) Mark Munoz vs Jesse Forbes - Mark Munoz Wins UD (*) Jens Pulver vs Jesse Moreng - Jens Pulver Wins TKO in 1:40 Of Round 1 (**) Yoshiro Maeda vs Leonard Garcia - Leonard Garcia Wins KO in 4:21 of round 2 (**) Craig Lockhart vs Reese Andy - Craig Lockhart wins UD (***) Match of the night - Manny Tapia vs Mark Hominick KO Of the night - Leonard Garcia Top earners Mark Munoz and Craig Lockhart Both earned $15,000 for their performance

Craig's Post Fight Thoughts My first true fight for a major promotion and I got the win....made some good money finally. It just seems surreal fighting...doing what I love to do and making so much money for doing this I love it. Reese Andy was tougher than I thought he would be I figured i'd put him down in the later minutes of the first but he went the distance. I just looked at Yahoo.com and i'm the number 1 Light Heavyweight in WEC after my win. Brian Stann is the champion a few more fights and i'll have my title fight....he's a brawler like me so gotta be careful he's got some heavy hands.....I know I can beat him. The fans in California enjoyed my match I was surprised to recieve so many cheers. I'm ranked 9th in the world at Light Heavyweight this is unreal i'm only 25 and i'm up there with Quinton Jackson and Chuck Liddel as the best in the world. A fighter by the name of Brian Olson is comming to check out the gym I have never heard of him before.

Title Shot According to WEC's website Craig Lockhart One of WEC's top Light Heavyweights will face Brian Stann at WEC 36: Brain Damage. Lockhart who is 15-1-1 MMA and 1-0-0 With WEC will get the title shot replacing recently injured Renato "Babalu" Sobral. Sobral was injured yesterday while training for his shot at the WEC Light Heavyweight belt. Stann The current WEC LHW champion is 5-0-0 comming into the match and many fans see him as the underdog in this fight. "I'm just going to prove to everyone that doubts me that I belong on top, plain and simple" is what Stann had to say when asked about being the underdog. Also on the card we will see Brian Bowles (4-0-0) take on Jeff Bedard (9-1-0) the winner of this fight could decide who gets a shot at the bantomweight title, currently held by Miguel Torres.

WEC 36: Brain Damage We have a new LHW champion of the world and his name is Craig Lockhart. Craig "Real Name No Gimmicks" Lockhart beat Brian Stann by Knockout in 2:35 of round 4 to win the WEC Light Heavyweight Championship. The match which was held in Nevada was in front of a packed 3,058 people. Stann the underdog rocked Lockhart a couple times with a couple vicious punches in the final seconds of the 3rd round and had it only been 3 rounds Stann would have got the decision. Lockhart who was down all 3 rounds landed a thundering hook to the jaw to knock Stann out cold. Lockhart is now according to WEC's website the 10th most popular fighter in WEC as voted by the fans. Yahoo.com has Lockhart as the 9th best Light Heavyweight in the world and pound for pound he is ranked at 34th. We are looking forward to seeing who he faces in the next couple months.

Archived