In my latest WCW Game I was thinking of bringing in the Undertaker from the WWF as he left the WWF and is currently a free agent. I want to play the game as realistic as possible so I was wondering if I was to sign The Undertaker would I be able to call him The Undertaker or in 'real world' terms would that not be allowed due to Vince McMahon owning the name. I'm not to worried about the dead man gimmick (if that's what Vince owns) because I was thinking of bringing Taker in as his American Bad Ass gimmick. So even though in real life Taker would never leave the WWF if he was too could I still call him The Undertaker or is that just not possible. basically is The Undertaker name trademarked or owned in anyway by Vince McMahon. Thanks in advance.

WWF/E trademarks every idea they come up with on their own, whether it's the Undertaker, the American Bad Ass, King Booker, or Three Minute Warning... They can't trademark a gimmick (otherwise there's no way that Shark Boy would be doing his Austin ripoff gimmick), but the names are trademarked.

Archived