i have two tv shows thing is when i go to meeting its always my top fighters who have the most interest such GSP Anderson Silva Quinton Jackson etc thing is i dont want to keep putting my top fighters in free events so what i want to no is if i put fights with an expected interest of low or average in my tv shows will i lose popularity

[QUOTE=martin2k8;429803]i have two tv shows thing is when i go to meeting its always my top fighters who have the most interest such GSP Anderson Silva Quinton Jackson etc thing is i dont want to keep putting my top fighters in free events so what i want to no is if i put fights with an expected interest of low or average in my tv shows will i lose popularity[/QUOTE] Not in my experience. The Public seems to have a lot lower expectations of your free TV shows, meaning I generally use them to build up my crappy fighters so they can eventually graduate to the PPV events. In 2001 as a massive promotion, I barely ever get good ratings on my PPV shows because I like to stick on unexciting or unknown fighters as well as famous ones, but my TV shows are always a success, no matter how crappy the matches are. I think my TV shows are what keeps me from moving down from Massive.

TV shows are a must for promoting younger fighters. You don't always have to put on a good fight as the main event. Look at the advice and see what it says about your main and co-main event fights. If you still don't want to use your most popular fighters, then run the show from an area you're not popular in so your main event can consist of subpar fighters. Of course, if the show is being shown in an area you're popular in, you'll still have to put on some decent fights.

I love them. They really don't make you any money whatsoever. But they are great at picking up your image. I see it this way, my PPV's are about fifty fifty on gaining positive exposure. I've never lost favor from running tv shows. So it's a way to continue gaining. Even when the tv shows are crap, people like them.

Archived