I just started with them last night, and I'm having a rough time making any progress. I have a show on Monday and Friday. After a full month of these shows, every single one has hurt popularity. I think the best rating I got for a match was Marat vs Kikkawa as a B+. My average rating seems to be C- for every match. Some of the wrestlers also confuse me. Raul and Billy are MMA fighters, and every single time I book them, there's always a lack of psychology. When I book them against each other, it's still a bad match. This is my first time ever really playing with a pure wrestling company, and wondered if anyone had any advice for this company.

My suggestions: 1. Put those all-MMA guys in very, very short matches so that their lack of psychology doesn't affect on the match outcome. And INSPIRE is not about long matches even, look at the given match times. 2. Use the "All out" booking note; When you do short matches the guys can go with full speed the whole match time (slighy taking consideration of their stamina levels) 3. Hire guys who can do great matches (see: GCG, PGHW roster) In TEW07 INSPIRE always hired Samoan Machine (and other Samoan guys), Shingen Miyzaki, Jack Marlowe etc.. :P Hope these would help, I have not tried INSPIRE in TEW08 yet and I won't for a long time. I'd say they may be quite hard to book because of the totally different product compared to others and the very narrow kind of wrestlers they use (High MMA-skills and ruthlessness etc). If you want to run a real Pure-company, I'd say GCG is the promotion for you. You can do way longer matches with them and get far more better ratings because of the superb roster. And also ROF is also nice, altough the start is quite hard for them.

I actually had to test if I was suggesting the right things, and here's the results. Every match was contested in a Shoot fight -match type and in every match I used the "all out" booking note: [IMG]http://koti.mbnet.fi/sadhappy/inspire.jpg[/IMG] Some random notes that I saved for closer definition of the problem: "Mohamed El Yaaggoudi and Willie York have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. The bout [B]dragged in the middle, with a lack of flow[/B] being noticeable" "Kalu Owusu and Bali So'oialo have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances." "(Billy Russel vs. Raul Hughes)The match suffered because of the [B]lack of selling on display. The match had very little drama of flow to it[/B], as nobody in the ring had the psychology to take control properly" "(Watson vs. Bingci)The match suffered because there was [B]not enough selling shown. The match suffered from a lack of psychology[/B], it could have really used somebody with the knowledge of how to construct a proper flow. " "(Okazaki vs. Kohklov)The match suffered because there was [B]not enough selling[/B] shown." Show rating C+, and it didn't lower the popularity (or atleast it didn't say it) I'm gonna test the exact same card but even more shorter matches as even in a 5-8min match that lack of psychology seems to really hurt the match rating in some cases. I think it's quite interesting to see the results :) Economy level was D-, wrestling industry D. EDIT: Test 2: Same card, same winners. Shorter matches: All the card matches are just 1+5min as the shoot fight match type. The second last match was 2+5min, and main event was 12+5, 1h card. [IMG]http://koti.mbnet.fi/sadhappy/inspire2.jpg[/IMG] Slightly better card, altough some chemistries were changes obviously: "Kalu Owusu was really off his game tonight. Kalu Owusu and Bali So'oialo have pretty good chemistry," "Billy Russell and Raul Hughes have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. The match suffered because of [B]the lack of selling[/B] on display" "Mike Watson and Li Bingci don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. [B]The match suffered from a lack of psychology[/B]" (the match was just 1min long!) "(Okazaki vs. Khoklov)The match suffered because there was [B]not enough selling[/B] shown." So conclusion of test 2: Less notes of lack of psychology or lack of selling, so I'd suggest stickin with those really, really short matches: Watson and Bingci was 1min long, and still they didn't have the required psychology :D Wrestling industry was at C+ this time, so it might have had something to do with it the results. Or maybe not, because there actually was far less notes of bad psychology/selling. The second card still received a C+ rating, since the two main events got the same rating; The rest of card was a slighlty better rating-wise than the first, because of the 1min matches.

My pleasure :) I became curious about this thing so I just had to test it. Hope it helped! I'd say that when putting a match where both wrestlers lack psychology and/or selling, obviously you just have to book the match really short. That seems to be the main key in booking with INSPIRE: 1 minute match was enough for Watson vs. Bingci :D

Archived