MAW: 10 Simple Rules...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A little good news ahead of the Invitational: SWF's latest pay-per-view offering, Hell Freezes Over, blew. I mean, it was worse than some of the stuff we've been putting on, without international superstars to carry us. On the back of that showing, SWF have finally surrendered their position as top company in the world – TCW are now in the #1 spot. * [QUOTE][CENTER][B]TEW.com RCI preview[/B][/CENTER] It’s January and, a little earlier than usual, it’s time for the Rip Chord Invitational. Amid rumours of a turbulent few months for Mid Atlantic Wrestling, the company has pulled out all the stops to put their biggest stars forward for the tournament this year. It’s an open field, with all eight entrants bring their credentials to the game. I would say that Bradford Peverell can probably be discounted – his losses outweigh his wins since his debut, although his well-defined gimmick gives him credibility. His reliance on his fists also makes him stand out among MAW’s usual roster of technicians and aerialists. The Kid Arachnid gimmick is one with a lot of meaning in MAW. I don’t believe that Jay Chord’s abrupt departure was part of the plan when a second Kid was introduced. Will Arachnid be a part of the tournament beyond his first round match with Jared Johnson? I suspect he will – his very presence at this stage indicates he’ll be in the mix. Wanda Fish is a less likely winner. MAW have got on with things with her, not particularly harping on about gender disparities, and simply showing that as talented a worker as her can be a success. I don’t think that a woman who has talked openly about retirement is likely to win the title, though – although if she’s still around in a year with a legacy to be proud of and her retirement imminent... Well, then she might get the big win. JD Morgan has momentum on his side – maybe more than anyone outside the Heavyweight champion. Saying that, his All Action title could be on the line at any point on Friday night, and that could cause trouble for him. Firebird, Fumihiro Ota and Providence all come into the show having drifted a little in recent months. Ota and Firebird have been in tag matches a lot of late, and the idea of a Dark Raptors/Team OMGsplosion feud had a lot of people drooling in anticipation. Providence has a character that can erupt at a moment’s notice – but he’s been quiet in recent weeks. Any of them might make the final – but I don’t see either veteran gaining anything from a win, while Providence has yet to show any desire for the gold. So, assuming the brackets published indicate the way the tournament will run (never a guarantee with Rip around), I expect Arachnid to advance over Johnson in a close match, Firebird to be troubled by Peverell but sneak through, Providence to topple Ota, and Fish to beat Morgan. In the semi finals, Arachnid will go over Firebird, and Providence will topple Fish. And then... The first two tournaments seemed to exist to prepare workers for immediate title shots. Under James Casey’s rule, it’s more been a case of springboarding workers towards the main event. In Jay Chord and Kirk Jameson’s case it worked, but Antonio and Primus Allen are still mired in the midcard. I suspect that the bookers want to see Providence moving up the card, and have been keeping him under the radar of late. Equally, Kid Arachnid needs to lose that mask now Jay isn’t around to give him meaning. So I think Providence will take the tournament, and unmask Arachnid as his coup de grace. But as regular readers of my predictions will know, I’ve been wrong before. As for the rest of the show, Lockdown will continue their dominance of the tag division by taking the belts, Primus Allen will get his second shot at the main event with a win over Kirk Jameson, and as for the main event... I think that Aaron’s going to sneak it. I think that MAW want him to drop the belt, when it happens, to one of their own. Anyway, I have a plane to catch. North Carolina, here I come! [RIGHT]~Jason Reso[/RIGHT][/QUOTE] * [CENTER][B]MAW The Rip Chord Invitational[/B] RCI: Kid Arachnid vs. Jared Johnson RCI: Bradford Peverell vs. Firebird RCI: Fumihiro Ota vs. Providence RCI: Wanda Fish vs. JD Morgan Smith & Singh vs. Ford & Speed vs. Lockdown Kirk Jameson vs. Primus Allen Randy Bumfhole vs. Aaron Andrews [/CENTER]

Well I doubt anyone will be able to pick the card again but here goes; MAW The Rip Chord Invitational RCI: [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jared Johnson [I]JJ doesn't seem to have much in his destiny[/I] RCI: Bradford Peverell vs. [B]Firebird[/B] [I]Bradford is never going to be a breakout star[/I] RCI: [B]Fumihiro Ota[/B] vs. Providence [I]Too close to call, is based on my other picks and what I assume is the heel/faces[/I] RCI: Wanda Fish vs. [B]JD Morgan[/B] [I]With a push JD could break out of the midcard. On the other hand I could see a Wanda run into the Semis.[/I] Smith & Singh vs. Ford & Speed vs. [B]Lockdown[/B] [I]New champs after shenanigans (MAW level shenanigans anyway)[/I] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Primus Allen [I]Primus to remain "mired in the midcard" [/I] Randy Bumfhole vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] [I]He's not losing to Randy[/I] RCI: Kid Arachnid df Firebird RCI: JD Morgan df Ota RCI: JD df The Kid to win RCI Probably one of the least packed RCI cards ever! But still some worthy competitors.

MAW The Rip Chord Invitational RCI: [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jared Johnson RCI: Bradford Peverell vs. [B]Firebird[/B] RCI: Fumihiro Ota vs. [B]Providence[/B] RCI: [B]Wanda Fish[/B] vs. JD Morgan Smith & Singh vs. Ford & Speed vs. [B]Lockdown[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Primus Allen Randy Bumfhole vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] Firebird beats and unmasks Kid Arachnid(...KC Glenn?) before losing to the shocking RCI champion Wanda Fish.

MAW The Rip Chord Invitational RCI: [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jared Johnson RCI: Bradford Peverell vs. [B]Firebird [/B] RCI: Fumihiro Ota vs. [B]Providence [/B] RCI: Wanda Fish vs. [B]JD Morgan[/B] Smith & Singh vs. Ford & Speed vs. [B]Lockdown[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Primus Allen Randy Bumfhole vs.[B] Aaron Andrews[/B]

[B]MAW The Rip Chord Invitational[/B] RCI: [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jared Johnson RCI: Bradford Peverell vs. [B]Firebird[/B] RCI: Fumihiro Ota vs. [B]Providence[/B] RCI: Wanda Fish vs. [B]JD Morgan[/B] [I]JD Morgan wins the RCI.[/I] Smith & Singh vs. Ford & Speed vs. [B]Lockdown[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Primus Allen Randy Bumfhole vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] [I]It just doesn't feel right.[/I]

MAW The Rip Chord Invitational RCI: [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jared Johnson - He seems to be getting a push, so yup. RCI: Bradford Peverell vs. [B]Firebird[/B] - Take the evil psycho over the cycle-riding tough guy. RCI: Fumihiro Ota vs. [B]Providence[/B] - Ota's a name, the former Patriot isn't...yet. RCI: [B]Wanda Fish[/B] vs. JD Morgan - Upset special! Morgan's title isn't on the line. Aranchid Kid over Providence in the finals. Smith & Singh vs. [B]Ford & Speed[/B] vs. Lockdown - Two fueding teams, other team sneaks out with the titles. Kirk Jameson vs. [B]Primus Allen[/B] - Sure, why not try the semi-annual Primus push? Randy Bumfhole vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] - Not the show to drop the belt at.

[I]OOC: No-one thinks Randy's going to win? Shame on you all - he's a former SWF superstar! A global icon! The star of his class! :D[/I] [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: The Rip Chord Invitational Friday, 12th January 2012[/CENTER] RCI: Kid Arachnid vs. Jared Johnson[/B] A second successive sell-out crowd at the Biker Museum saw a slow start to the show, as the fans weren't keen on the idea of two faces squaring off. It was a closely contested match, with both men having periods in control, but ultimately Arachnid won out with a Cradle Piledriver for the win. Winner: Kid Arachnid (D-) * After the match, the two men exchanged a respectful handshake. * [B]RCI: Bradford Peverell vs. Firebird[/B] This was better. Firebird weathered the early storm as Peverell unloaded with his hard punches, softening up the masked man with great, clubbing, blows to the face and chest. Firebird retaliated with his trademark quickfire offence, using his considerable experience advantage to deflect as much of Peverell's assault as possible, and scoring quickly and hard with strikes and blows. Peverell began to unleash the big bombs, nearly scoring with a Dream Left Hook on the charismatic masked man, only for Firebird to twist away at the last second, using the momentum to run Peverell into the ringpost shoulder-first. Peverell staggered back out of the corner, and was downed with a spinning leg lariat, before Firebird took to the air with the Phoenix Firebird Splash to make his way through to the semi-finals. Winner: Firebird (C-) * “Broadway” Brandon Smith and “Sensational” Kashmir Singh were backstage, preparing to cut a promo when they were jumped from behind by Lockdown. The two hired guns wailed on their opponents, leaving them down on the ground before tipping a stack of shipping crates onto their prone bodies. Providence approached the scene as Lockdown sprinted off. The masked man gazed admiringly on the chaos before him, not moving as trainers and EMTs checked on the fallen champions, who were moving but didn’t seem coherent. [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]“Such beautiful carnage. Inspired,”[/COLOR] he said, with a crooked smile. [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]“I can’t help but admire the minds that came up with this. Everyone should find a little room in their lives for pure entropy, and it would seem that my former mentor and his friend have discovered that for themselves. Of course, if you give your life over to chaos, as I have done, then you have to rely on providence to guide you. This year, my sights are set on something more than just beating one guy at a time. This year, I want the recognition that others aspire to. It was a shock to me, but providence guides me. And I guess a guy can only cause so much chaos before he starts to find some order there. Over the New Year I was out and about, flapping the butterfly’s wings for it, and I came to realise that one man can only do so much. That night, as I walked an old homeless man to a soup kitchen, shattered the hand of a pickpocket and pushed three loving couples into a freezing pond, I realised that I was a man alone. And that is right, and proper – for in this ever-changing world in which we live in we cannot rely on alliances and friendships. But my message of chaos would be heard more clearly, and from further afield, if I were recognised as a champion. So for those who possess gold, be warned. My quest to alert others to the glory of utter lawlessness requires me to glorify myself in the view of the world. And that means that I seek that by which you define yourselves.”[/COLOR] * [B]RCI: Fumihiro Ota vs. Providence[/B] The show continued to improve with this strong offering from two more of our masked superstars. Providence and Ota work well together, the ninja's guile and unpredictable offence meshing smoothly with Providence's wild approach to any match. The match seesawed back and forth as the unhinged Providence used his own body as a weapon, seeking to inflict enough pain on Ota to win the match – even at the expense of his own well-being. This gave Ota several opportunities to capitalise on as his opponent often missed his target, but Providence seemed implacable, twice blocking Ninja Strikes that might have finished him off. Ota even resorted to his little-used bag of ninja tricks, cracking open a smoke capsule to buy himself some breathing space – and getting away with it because that kind of foreign object just doesn't show up in any referee's rulebook. Eventually, though, he took control of the match as Providence's wild assault began to take its toll, and a series of roundhouse kicks was followed by a Ninja Strike to put Providence down for the count. Winner: Fumihiro Ota (C) * Backstage, Greg Ford and Marc Speed were warming up for their match using some gym equipment when Lockdown made their second appearance of the night, ambushing their fellow challengers from behind and laying them out. They made short work of the former Fallen associates, finishing by picking up the heavy-looking equipment and dumping it onto their unmoving bodies. * [B]RCI: Wanda Fish vs. JD Morgan[/B] Seems like a while since we've seen a match this good. I had a feeling it would be the pick of the first round matches. It was good, honest, give and take wrestling with both veteran competitors leaving it all in the ring as they sought to gain an advantage. Fish had the definite speed advantage, being several years younger than her opponent – but that gave Morgan the strength and size advantage, and he made it tell as he was able to outmuscle Fish time and again. While Fish tried to stay out of Morgan's reach and strike fast before fading away, Morgan was able to catch her enough to put a hurting on her, and was able to wear her down enough to force a submission with a Cross Atlantic Stretch to become the final semi-finalist. Winner: JD Morgan (C+) * Before the tag title match, Smith, Singh, Ford and Speed entered the arena together. All four men looked grim and determined, their usual natural rivalry seemingly forgotten as they helped one another into the ring, each man nursing their own blossoming bumps, bruises and cuts. Brandon Smith took the mic: [COLOR="Blue"]“Lockdown, you’re a pair of idiots, aren’t you? No wonder you rent yourself out to Aaron Andrews – you can’t do your own thinking for yourselves. You see, you just beat yourself out of a tag title match. We’ve got ourselves a medical exemption after your little ambush – we don’t have to fight when we’re too badly injured.”[/COLOR] Kashmir Singh took the mic from his partner: [COLOR="Blue"]“You see, Lockdown, when you use your fists first you make yourself a lot of enemies. The four of us probably won’t be sitting front row centre together when the Star Wars musical takes its bow but we can agree on one thing: You don’t deserve your title shot... unless you make it worth our while.”[/COLOR] Greg Ford took the mic for a few rare words: [COLOR="Blue"]“We can have our match anytime, Lockdown. These guys are the champions. We’re the Number one contenders.”[/COLOR] Marc Speed finished it off: [COLOR="Blue"]“So if you want in, and you want this match to go ahead now... then we want your careers on the line. Here and now.”[/COLOR] Lockdown responded by boiling out of the dressing room, charging towards the ring, diving under the bottom rope and trying to take on all four men at once. * [B]Smith & Singh (c) vs. Ford & Speed vs. Lockdown[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Tag Team titles[/COLOR] The fans were crying out for Lockdown to lose this match – and they did, as all four men charged the hired thugs in the opening moments of the match. The beatdown was brutal and simple, with the champs targeting Shady K while Lockdown's other victims laid a beating on Knuckles. Only a few minutes passed before K tasted a Cal Cutter to put Lockdown out of the match – and out of the promotion. The match then came down to a straight two on two contest, and any good feeling left between the two teams evaporated as they tore into one another. The difference maker was Kashmir Singh, who weathered everything the challengers threw at him, before nailing a Cal Cutter from nowhere to score the pin on Ford for the successful title defence. Winner: Smith & Singh (C-) * Firebird was shown backstage, perched atop the back of a chair in a small but impressive display of balance. He was looking past the camera, but when he spoke it was clear that he was addressing us: [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“Among the many benefits of seeing this world in its true light, I am able to function as well on my own as I am in a team. My allegiance to my lord the Black Eagle is absolute – and yet we would both enjoy success by ourselves in this company. We both entered this Invitational tournament with the intent of winning, and now it falls to me to uphold our honour in this contest. Once tonight is passed, whatever the result, allow me to make this clear: The Fallen will dominate this promotion.”[/COLOR] * [B]RCI: Kid Arachnid vs. Firebird[/B] Ouch. I was hoping for something special in this match, with these two seemingly perfectly geared for a show-stealing effort. Instead, we get this – an okay match, but I would never have expected it to be a comedown from the previous match. It wasn't even a case of bad chemistry – just a lack of spark for both men (and some nerves on Arachnid's part, I suspect) that led to some miscommunications and an ultimately average match. The match was put to bed when Arachnid scored with a Cradle Piledriver to advance to the final. Winner: Kid Arachnid (D+) * Backstage, and Aaron Andrews was glaring at an unusually subdued Lockdown: [COLOR="DarkRed"]“You got yourself fired,”[/COLOR] he snarled in a low, dangerous tone. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“You got yourself fired, and now I can’t even sneak you out there for the main event. I was thinking you could be hot dog vendors – but then I realised you probably can’t even count enough to make change on a ninety-nine cent corndog! “Get out of my sight,”[/COLOR] he growled. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“And if I don’t get my money back in my account by tomorrow evening then I’ll make the beating you took tonight feel like a hug from your mothers in comparison.”[/COLOR] Scowling, Andrews snatched up his title belt and stalked off, leaving Lockdown jobless, broke and feeling very sorry for themselves. * Haley Buck led JD Morgan down to the ring: [COLOR="Magenta"]“Here he is, my prince of champions – and your upcoming Invitational tournament winner!”[/COLOR] The crowd booed, with a light sprinkling of cheers from the more appreciative fans thrown in. [COLOR="Magenta"]“I know that the fans in the Mid Atlantic appreciate excellence when they see it – and that’s the way it should be. And there is no-one in this company better than JD Morgan right now. Let anyone who thinks they can stand against him test their mettle. My boy will send them back to the locker room with their tail between their legs – and he’ll still be the All Action champion and bringing in the big money for us both!”[/COLOR] Haley giggled, looking very pleased with herself. Morgan rolled his eyes slightly, before ushering her out of the ring as Fumihiro Ota made his entrance. * [B]RCI: Fumihiro Ota vs. JD Morgan[/B] This helped raise spirits. Morgan and Ota are old hands at the business, and helped get things back on track with a fine example of hope wrestling – that is, everyone hoped Ota would find a way past Morgan and his cackling manager. Despite Ota unleashing his full range of ninja tricks, Morgan was as implacable as ever, showing surprise when Ota ropewalked and leapt off the centre of the top rope for a diving DDT attempt, but otherwise keeping his cool as he wore down the masked man's defences, eventually scoring with A Shot Of JD for the win to put him in the final. Winner: JD Morgan (C) * There was another airing of a Primus Allen video. We’d spent a bit more on this one, as Allen was shown throwing around some of our smaller workers, smashing up the inside of a derelict warehouse and ripping apart a punching bag with a series of hard punches, before a spinning clothesline snapped the chains holding it upright and threw it halfway across the gym. Backstage, Kirk Jameson was shown watching the end of the video. He turned to the camera: [COLOR="Blue"]“I have to be honest, the thought of stepping into the ring with Primus Allen scares me. A blow to the wrong part of me could put me in hospital. He could leave me concussed, crippled... or worse. “But that’s the price I have to pay. I have to fight everyone in front of me. It’s what I do. It’s how I improve. And one day, someday... I’ll face off against the opponent that I really want to fight...”[/COLOR] * [B]Kirk Jameson vs. Primus Allen (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Traditional title[/COLOR] Someone, somewhere, is capable of getting Primus Allen to score consistent C-rated matches. It doesn't appear that it's Kirk Jameson, despite his strengths. This was a fairly short match, designed purely to get both of them on the card. Allen used his immense strength to his advantage, outmuscling Jameson before planting him with a Sit Out Powerbomb for the win and successful title defence. Winner: Primus Allen (D+) * Kid Arachnid was shown alone, in The Firm’s locker room: The lights were dimmed, and he was leaning forwards, his arms resting on his knees and his head hanging down. His mask was only half-fastened, giving us a fleeting glimpse of the face underneath. [COLOR="Blue"]“I have to be honest,”[/COLOR] he said, slowly. [COLOR="Blue"]“Tonight’s been a hard night. Fighting Jared and Firebird... That would be more than enough, usually. To know that in a few moments time that I’ll be going out there to face off against JD Morgan for the Rip Chord Invitational title... That’s just... amazing. To have come so far when I’ve only been in this business a few months... “But it’s all for nothing if I don’t win tonight. I’ll just be another guy who lost when the shot came his way. And that’s not who I want to be. “JD Morgan, even your worst enemy couldn’t deny what an amazing wrestler you are. I’m half-beat before I even step in the ring with you, and I’ll bet you were probably not even breathing hard at the end of your last match. But I’m going to give this match everything I’ve got. I can’t do anything less.”[/COLOR] * [B]RCI: Kid Arachnid vs. JD Morgan[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]Rip Chord Invitational title[/COLOR] This was again a very little bit disappointing, but at the same time served as a welcome for Kid Arachnid to the big leagues. He matched Morgan move for move in a strong technical offering. With Haley Buck cheering him on from ringside, Morgan seemed confident in the early going, but as the match went on and Kid Arachnid hung with the veteran without seeming at all out of his depth, Morgan grew more and more agitated – at one point even looking to Buck for guidance. But Buck is present more for her morale boosting than her technical knowledge, and the split-second distraction allowed Arachnid to seize control of the match, striking Morgan with a series of hard blows before nailing a Cradle Piledriver. When this only scored a two count, however, Arachnid scored with a Superkick to put Morgan down – and this time it was enough for the three! Winner: Kid Arachnid (C-) * Arachnid looked as though he couldn’t believe the evidence of his own senses. He looked around wildly, from the fallen JD Morgan, to the referee raising his arm, to the crowd, and on to Rip bringing the Invitational trophy into the ring. Shakily, he climbed to his feet and shook hands with Rip, who looked cautious about doing so with a man wearing the Arachnid mask and garb. Arachnid went to the four corners with the trophy, holding it above his head as Rip applauded. Then he returned to the centre of the ring and picked up a mic: [COLOR="Blue"]“Maybe it’s time to be honest with myself. I put this mask on for a reason – to try and make the same impact that Jay Chord did. I didn’t want to mock him. I didn’t particularly want to be like him. I just wanted the same respect that he had. “Tonight I’ve taken the same first step that he did. I didn’t do it out of motivation for revenge. I didn’t do it because I wanted to set an ambush... I did it for me – to prove myself. To show that I can achieve greatness in this business. “I want tonight to be the first of many nights like this in my career. I want to be the greatest wrestler in the world. And if, and when, I get there... I want people to know who I am.”[/COLOR] Reaching up to his mask, he undid the fastenings and slid it off his head. [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/KCGlenn.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [COLOR="Blue"]“My name is KC Glenn. I hope that it’s a name you’ll be hearing a lot more of very soon.”[/COLOR] * Bumfhole and Andrews stood in the back, staring one another down. [COLOR="Blue"]“I hate you, Aaron,”[/COLOR] Randy said, his gaze locked on Andrews. [COLOR="Blue"]“I hate the fact that you carry that belt when almost anyone else would be more worthy. You’re a coward, only concerned with keeping your place on top.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]“But I am on top,”[/COLOR] Andrews replied. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Because I’ll do anything it takes to stay there. And if I go beyond your noble limits to make sure I keep my belt, well, that’s only because you don’t know that it takes to be champion, Randy. And so long as I have any say in the matter, you never will.”[/COLOR] * [B]Randy Bumfhole vs. Aaron Andrews (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Heavyweight title[/COLOR] The two men circled one another cautiously for several moments at the start of the match. Both men seemed to want to savour the meeting after so many harsh words and deeds exchanged in the last several months. Andrews opened proceedings by lashing out with a boot to the gut, but Bumfhole blocked the attack and swarmed his opponent, sending Andrews to the mat with Bumfhole raining blows down on him. Andrews escaped to the arena floor, and looked around frantically – but with Lockdown gone, there wasn't even any chance of an illegal run-in. Instead, he had to re-enter the ring, where he cautiously tied up with the challenger. Once again, though, he found himself down on the canvas as Bumfhole fired off a snazzy armdrag, before going to work with a wristlock. For the next several minutes, Andrews found himself stymied at every turn as Bumfhole outfought, outwrestled and just plan outthought him. Andrews eventually resorted to pulling referee Dwight Kumas in front of him to forestall a Bumfhole clothesline, Randy pulling up just in time to avoid cleaning Kumas' clock. Andrews used this to his advantage, finally going on the offence with a series of clotheslines of his own. The match tipped back and forth, with the two men evenly matched. Although Bumfhole seemed to have the edge in terms of ability, Andrews was utterly unwilling to let go of his title – and prepared to use any tactics to his advantage. He hobbled Bumfhole with a series of kicks to his ankle, before wrapping the wounded limb around the ringpost and even using it to apply a figure four, hanging himself upside down for leverage with the steel post acting as the fulcrum. Although he broke on four-and-a-half, the damage was done, and Bumfhole was limping for the rest of the match. And yet, Andrews struggled to capitalise on the injury. Bumfhole is nothing if not ring-aware, and managed to keep Andrews away from the wounded ankle. His mobility was limited, but he fought hard to keep Andrews on the back foot, pummelling him with punches and kicks – although less of the latter as each one visibly pained him. As hard as Bumfhole fought, though, Andrews kept chipping away, using his mobility to land big strikes. With Bumfhole intent on preserving his ankle from further damage, Andrews was more or less able to strike at will elsewhere on the challenger's body, and while Randy gave everything he had, a series of knee strikes from Andrews culminated with a knee drop to Bumfhole, splitting him open over his left eye. Half-blinded from the spilled blood, Bumfhole was more vulnerable still, and although he came up swinging, Andrews was able to pick him off at his leisure, firing off a spinning backhand strike that almost knocked Bumfhole to the ground, sending him stumbling into the ropes. Bumfhole rebounded weakly, but Andrews used the momentum to strike with a Twisting Face Crusher to secure a decisive win in his biggest victory to date. Winner: Aaron Andrews (B-) [B]Overall: C+[/B] [I]Next: Money, money, yeah, yeah...[/I]

[I]OOC: Just when I caught up to J Silver's [URL="http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=21524"]USPW diary[/URL] post count, he goes and starts up again. If you haven't read this classic before, it's well worth it. If you have, pop on over and welcome him back :D[/I] * After the show, our fans were heard to comment that KC Glenn was used too much. They might not much like what we have planned for the next few months, then... * It's taken four years, but the Rip Chord Invitational is now considered by tew.com to be of Above Average importance – our first show to receive such an accolade. * Backstage, Aaron Andrews continued to live up to his growing reputation as Jay’s successor. He tried to prank Kirk Jameson, but was much more annoyed by the laid-back Kirk’s lack of response than Kirk was about the scattering of his personal possessions around the backstage area. Despite this, I still felt compelled to dress down Aaron – who at least takes his punishment like a man instead of running off and whinging about me behind my back. He promised to be more considerate in future, although I guess that’s something I’ll believe when I see it. * I appreciate that this may fall under the heading of kicking them when they're down, but news has leaked from SWF headquarters – read, Steve Flash gave me a ring and told me – that Remo will not be signing a contract extension with SWF when his deal comes up in a couple of weeks. Shady K, meanwhile, has signed for RIPW – but only on a PPA deal. Knuckles will be joining his long-term partner, but in his case he’s signed a developmental deal. * After suffering a semi-herniated spinal disc, Raul Hughes has decided to hang up his boots. Already operating in semi-retirement, the injury has convinced the 46 year old that all his years of hard effort are enough – and after holding the Burning World title and being a three time INSPIRE King Of Fighters, he is sure to go down as one of Japan's most successful imports. * This time it was Hugh who called. Rich Money has knocked back SWF's offer of an extended contract as well. TCW and/or NOTBPW could soon be significantly richer up top if they snap up either of these guys. Former SWF midcarder Nate Johnson has signed for FCW on a PPA deal. The talented Canadian has been on our radar for a while, as a sort of younger Steve Flash – but I suspect that his greater Canadian overness means that he wouldn't sign for us without some big money. I'd actually be slightly surprised that he's signed for FCW – but Kirk Jameson has been Puerto Rican champion there for almost nine months now, having toppled Shawn Gonzales, and held off the challenge of Gonzales, Puerto Rican Power and others quite handily. In terms of show quality, I have to say, they're right up there with us – maybe even slightly ahead. * More bad news for the SWF (we love it!). Lead announcer Duane Fry has been stolen by NOTBPW. This may be the biggest blow yet for Richard, as Fry has been the Supreme Voice for the last eleven years. Elsewhere, TCW have re-signed Bart Biggz, NYCW have extended the contract of Aaron Andrews, and Elmo Benson has become the latest worker to leave SWF. * A strong showing for us in January saw us finish first in the regional battles for the Mid-Atlantic and Great Lakes regions, and second in the Tri-State area. We also turned a profit of just over $24,000, restoring us to about where we were at the start of December. Three or four more months like that and we might actually have something to show for my more than four years in charge... * Curtis Jenkins contract is being allowed to run down. After something like five years in the company, and over thirty-five matches in my four years in charge, any improvement he's made has been marginal. Also coming up for renewal in the next month or so are Nathan Coleman (who was brought in to do a job, did it, and leaves with our thanks), Joe Benning, Matt Hocking, Riley McManus, Raphael, Sheriff Blaze and Marshall Dillon. The last three will probably be re-signed, although we may let them go and try and re-sign them in six months or so. The others... well, they'll be leaving with our blessings and thanks. In the further future, Jefferson Stardust, Roderick Remus, Jonnie Perez, Nelson Callum and, painfully, Max Mayhem and Hugh Lee are all on the chopping board. I figure we’ve about thirteen people more under contract than we actually need – so cutting them won’t be a bad thing, and allows us to add one or two more talented workers to bolster the midcard. * As may be evident, our ‘projects’ for the coming months are Jared Johnson and KC Glenn. Both men are signed to reasonably long contracts, both have decent all-round skills, and both are pretty entertaining on the mic – Glenn in particular has benefited from working with Rip a lot under the radar on the tour shows. On a lesser scale, Raphael, Lassana Makutsi, and an as-yet-undebuted worker are also works in progress. The last one we hope will benefit from some high-level patronage... * Marc Speed has changed from a Super Junior style to that of a Technician. That should help him in MAW – his only employers at this time. [CENTER][B]MAW Leap Into The Unknown[/B] Amazing Fire Fly vs. Providence Bradford Peverell vs. JD Morgan KC Glenn vs. Primus Allen Wanda Fish and ??? vs. Raphael and Citizen X Kirk Jameson vs. Black Eagle Jared Johnson vs. Aaron Andrews Randy Bumfhole vs. Firebird[/CENTER]

[B]MAW Leap Into The Unknown[/B] Amazing Fire Fly vs. [B]Providence[/B] Bradford Peverell vs. [B]JD Morgan[/B] [B]KC Glenn[/B] vs. Primus Allen [B]Wanda Fish and ???[/B] vs. Raphael and Citizen X [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Black Eagle Jared Johnson vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] [B]Randy Bumfhole[/B] vs. Firebird Doesn't Marc Speed start as a technician? :P He jumped to Super Junior and then back to tech? :P

[QUOTE=FINisher;534317]Doesn't Marc Speed start as a technician? :P He jumped to Super Junior and then back to tech? :P[/QUOTE] Marc Speed is a regular wrestler at the start of 2008. Picks: [B]MAW Leap Into The Unknown[/B] Amazing Fire Fly vs. [B]Providence[/B] Momentum booster for Providence Bradford Peverell vs. [B]JD Morgan[/B] Substitute JD Morgan for Providence, above KC Glenn vs. Primus Allen - PICK EM If this is a title match, then Allen retains in a close one (likely with heeliference or chicancery) to set up a rematch; If its non-title then KC Glenn wins to setup a title match Wanda Fish and ??? vs. [B]Raphael and Citizen X[/B] Raphael is one of your projects (though of course our mystery guest could be too), so although you don't like X all that much from what I can tell, I;ll pick the heels Kirk Jameson vs. [B]Black Eagle[/B] Jameson could probably use a win, but I like your portrayal of Black Eagle so I pick the dark one to pick up the victory. Jared Johnson vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] Johnson may be a project, but Andrews is the champ [B]Randy Bumfhole[/B] vs. Firebird Two guys who could use a win after losing their matches at the Invitational, but Firebird is a heel and I don't know of any other faces ready for a program with Andrews

There's no such thing as using KC Glenn too much! Silly fans. I'm very happy to see he's got a big place in your long term plans. [B]MAW Leap Into The Unknown[/B] Amazing Fire Fly vs. [B]Providence[/B] Bradford Peverell vs. [B]JD Morgan[/B] KC Glenn vs. [B]Primus Allen[/B] [B]Wanda Fish and ???[/B] vs. Raphael and Citizen X (guessing Wanda's partner is the aforementioned yet-to-debut worker) [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Black Eagle Jared Johnson vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] [B]Randy Bumfhole[/B] vs. Firebird

MAW Leap Into The Unknown Amazing Fire Fly vs. [B]Providence[/B] Bradford Peverell vs. [B]JD Morgan[/B] [B]KC Glenn [/B]vs. Primus Allen [B]Wanda Fish and ??? [/B]vs. Raphael and Citizen X [B]Kirk Jameson [/B]vs. Black Eagle Jared Johnson vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] [B]Randy Bumfhole[/B]vs. Firebird

[B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Leap Into The Unknown Friday, 5th February 2012[/CENTER] Amazing Fire Fly vs. Providence[/B] Go figure – two shows ago, this one pulled a C-. I suppose it was a case of right place, right time – and this doesn't seem to have been either. It was an okay match, but starting the show with it was probably not the best idea. Providence scored with an Eye Of Providence for the win. Winner: Providence (D) * Rip entered the ring before the All-Action title match: [COLOR="Purple"]“Normally I’d come up with some crazy stipulation to make things interesting. But I don’t want to overdo things. So tonight, the All Action title match will be a straight-up wrestling match. No gimmicks, just two men trying their hardest to beat each other. It may be old school, but it still works.”[/COLOR] * [B]Bradford Peverell vs. JD Morgan (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="purple"]MAW All Action title[/COLOR] This was better. JD Morgan has carved himself a niche as someone who can carry most of our midcard to decent matches, and mix it up with almost any style of worker. In this case, he traded blows with Peverell, wilting slightly under the youngster's determined offence, but playing the rope-a-dope beautifully, letting Peverell slug himself into a state of exhaustion before unleashing his own offence, culminating in Peverell being trapped in the Cross Atlantic Stretch in the centre of the ring, with no option but to tap out. Winner: JD Morgan (C-) * KC Glenn was backstage, looking a little nervous: [COLOR="blue"]“This has all happened pretty fast,”[/COLOR] he said. [COLOR="Blue"]“All that time I spent wondering what it’d be like to be on top of the world and then all of a sudden that’s where I am. Two years ago, Primus Allen was in my position. I figure that he’s as good an opponent as any for me to take my bow as Invitational champion against.”[/COLOR] On a side note, one of the best outcomes of the On Tour shows has been the improvement in Glenn’s mic skills. Barely able to speak legibly in public when he signed for us, an extensive and intensive program of sharing promo time with Rip Chord and other notable speakers while appearing in the Great Lakes and South East has seen his skills skyrocket. Although he still has a southern twang to his voice, he’s now one of our better speakers – proof that brute repetition can pay dividends, even if it was a bit harsh on the people who paid money for their wrestling and got six minutes of a guy in a mask mumbling... * [B]KC Glenn vs. Primus Allen (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="purple"]MAW Traditional title[/COLOR] This was me testing Glenn to see whether he could be the one to get Primus above a C-. The results were inconclusive – with a little heat behind it, this match might be more impressive. It got the same rating as Jameson/Allen, after all. We sent the match to a time limit draw, as neither man would be well served by a loss at this point. Winner: No-one (D+) * Wanda Fish was backstage, and with her a flame-haired young woman who we’ll soon come to know as Thea Davis. Davis is in the background, striking a heavy punch bag, and it’s clear that we’ve joined them during a training session in progress. [COLOR="mediumturquoise"]“I have to be honest, I never expected my time here in MAW to be easy. I knew I’d be fighting some of the best wrestlers in the world. I’m glad that I took the chance – no question about that, and I still have every hope of being a success.[/COLOR] [COLOR="mediumturquoise"]“But at the same time I want to be remembered as more than someone who was just in this business for themselves. I have a few years left, I hope, and some of that time I want to spend forming my legacy. I’ve been looking out for a young wrestler to guide through their first few rocky years, but I had no idea that I’d find a protégé as talented as the woman behind me, Thea Davis.”[/COLOR] Behind her, Davis finished off her routine with a series of hard strikes, ending on a spinning back elbow that left a deep dent in the surface of the heavy bag. [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]“I’m not claiming that she’s going to be a world champion overnight,”[/COLOR] Fish said. [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]"But she’s the most talented worker of her age I’ve seen in years – male or female. And I hope that with my help she’ll turn out to be something truly special.”[/COLOR] * [B]Wanda Fish and Thea Davis vs. Raphael and Citizen X[/B] X doesn’t seem to like wrestling women – he’s underperformed both times that he’s been up against Wanda, which is a shame. Thea Davis is a prospect we spotted several months ago. I had a vague idea of bringing her in, putting her under a hood and then sending her out for an eventual reveal at some undetermined point. Instead we’ve brought her in as Fish’s protégé, as Wanda isn’t getting any younger if we’re being honest. It was an okay match, with the commentary team on form to make it sound good on DVD. Thea, as the lowest member of the roster, took the fall, being taken down with X’s Flaming Anarchy for the pin. Winners: Raphael and X (D+) * Kirk Jameson was taping his fists in his locker room when the door opened, and Sienna LeNoir slipped into the room. She was wearing very little – a negligee that could generously be described as covering the important things, although from certain angles... Jameson looked at her curiously. [COLOR="blue"]“Eagle send you?”[/COLOR] he asked, shortly, before returning to taping his wrists. [COLOR="Gray"]“My master wishes to encourage you...” [/COLOR]Sienna breathed. [COLOR="gray"]“Encourage you to see the benefits of his vision... He knows that you are not ready to Fall... But surely you can see the benefits of... stepping aside before your match...”[/COLOR] Sienna slinked forward, moulding herself against Jameson, who rolled his eyes. [COLOR="blue"]“Sienna, not that you’re not attractive, but come on now,”[/COLOR] he said, taking hold of her gently and pushing her away. [COLOR="blue"]“Firstly, you’ve tried this before. Now, back then I was all kinds of naïve and I didn’t realise you were trying to trick me. Nowadays I’m a bit more knowledgeable. But I’m not angry at you, Sienna. I just want to ask you something: Are you really happy doing this? Are you happy being bound to Black Eagle, and doing his bidding? Don’t you want to choose your own path in life?”[/COLOR] Kirk let go of her, and she stood as though frozen in place. [COLOR="Blue"]“Just think about what I’ve said. I’ve already seen my best friend go to the bad because he didn’t seem to know any better. I don’t want it to happen to anyone else if I can help it.”[/COLOR] * [B]Kirk Jameson vs. Black Eagle[/B] Matches like this make me appreciate just how good Hugh de Aske really was. I shouldn’t complain – this was still acceptable for a company at our level. But Kirk and Eagle are main eventers, and in an ideal world they’d be putting on better matches than this. I think the blame has to fall at Eagle’s feet – this is the same rating that Jameson got against Primus Allen, who’s a weaker wrestler than Eagle, and while there may be a significant difference between a low D+ and a high one, this didn’t feel like it was a particular improvement. Anyway, it was a quite entertaining match with Eagle trying to outpace the slower Jameson, but the technically excellent Jameson repeatedly scoring with wear-down holds that reduced Eagle’s agility and mobility bit by bit until he eventually was able to lock in a Kirk-Hold to score the submission. Winner: Kirk Jameson (D+) * Aaron Andrews came down to the ring: [COLOR="DarkRed"]“I’m sure you all know that I fired Lockdown for gross incompetence. However, before I did so there were a few men who had the temerity to act as though my employees were somehow responsible to them. Men who attempted to obstruct my employees in the execution of their duty. These men – Jared Johnson, Kashmir Singh and Brandon Smith – will be called to account over the coming weeks. Lockdown may not have been worth the money that I invested in them, but there is a principle at stake. And in order to fulfil my requirements as champion, each of these three matches will be title defences – starting right now, with Jared Johnson!”[/COLOR] The fans liked the idea of Andrews putting his title on the line – but none of his three chosen challengers are exactly big names in the company... * [B]Jared Johnson vs. Aaron Andrews (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="purple"]MAW Heavyweight title[/COLOR] A few test matches on this show – this being the most obvious one of all. Johnson has some momentum behind him following his turn and general good guy actions of late, and I was curious about his ability to hang up top. What I learned was that he ideally won’t be fighting Aaron Andrews again – the two have zero chemistry, and it really dragged down the match, making it probably the worst of the night. We did our best on commentary to gloss over it, but I was incredibly grateful not to have booked this as the main event – instinct, I guess. Andrews took the win with a Twisting Face Crusher. Winner: Aaron Andrews (D) * Firebird stood in the centre of the ring: [COLOR="darkorange"]“The triumphal march of The Fallen continues,” [/COLOR]he intoned. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“Randy Bumfhole, your vanquishing tonight will set you on the path towards your eventual Fall. It cannot be resisted – no matter your supposed moral strength. All must eventually face the darkness, and when I defeat you tonight, you will be closer to the inevitable.”[/COLOR] Randy Bumfhole emerged from the back, looking angry. [COLOR="Blue"]“Fall this, darkness that. Firebird, I don’t live by anyone’s rules. I can tell for myself what’s right and wrong – and I know that you’re so far wrong you can’t see right from the top of a mountain on a clear day. As for beating me? You’ve got talent, Firebird, I won’t deny it. So it’s a possibility. But if you beat me tonight then it’s a win for you and a loss for me. In the grand cosmic scheme of things that you seem to think you operate on, it doesn’t matter. I can assure you that I’m not going to plumb the depths you live in just because you manage to get my shoulders on the mat for three.”[/COLOR] * [B]Randy Bumfhole vs. Firebird[/B] Although I don’t want to be ruled by worker demands, this match may have been better with a Bumfhole win, as he requested. However, the truth is that Randy is on his way out of MAW unless we somehow get to Cult in the next few months. We started negotiations very early with a view to an Andrews/Randy rematch at WiABA in October, possibly after a Randy victory for the title at the RCI. But Randy doesn’t want to negotiate – his work for TCW has seen his star rise to the point where he’s too over to re-sign with us, and while he’ll honour his contract he’s not interested in extending it by so much as a day. In short, his value to us now lies in what overness we can leach from him to other workers, and while he’s not just going to be jobbed out (I don’t work that way) he’s now going to be used to make people look good. Anyway, Firebird is probably the most deserving of that kind of push on our roster, with his unique ability to have strong singles or tag matches almost regardless of opponent. The match was good, with both men competing evenly and neither enjoying a particular advantage, and in the end Firebird scored a minor upset with a Phoenix Firebird Splash for the win. Winner: Firebird (C+) [B]Overall: C-[/B] [I](Weak semi-final... But also lots of people used too much)[/I] [I]Next: Goodbye. Again...[/I]

Shame that Andrews and Johnson had no chemistry, but the show was still an interesting read. Almost seemed like a backstage segment with all the behind-the-scenes stuff on Glenn and Bumfhole...Randy will definitely be missed, but it must be nice for a change to have such advance notice of a main eventer leaving.

[I]OOC: That right there would be a match worth seeing :p Anyway, I'm off work sick today, and missing the Christmas bash because of it. Still, I get to spend the day playing TEW so it's not all bad :cool:[/I] * After the show, Black Eagle was overheard spreading unrepeatable rumours about Rock Downpour, our colour commentator. Now, I fined Eagle – and that despite the fact that we could really do with him behaving himself and sticking around over the next few months – but at the end of the day, who upsets the man calling their matches? I mean, Rock can bury Eagle if he chooses. Neither Rip nor I would really make much of an effort to stop him. * [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]“James?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]“Hey Wanda. What’s up?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]“Erm...”[/COLOR] I looked up from my desk, having double-checked Raphael’s new contract for any potential issues before I got Rip to sign off on it. [COLOR="Green"]“Wanda?”[/COLOR] She frowned as she came in and sat down. [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]“I’ve been thinking...”[/COLOR] she began, and then stopped again. [COLOR="Green"]“Thinking?”[/COLOR] I prompted. [COLOR="Green"]“Is this about you signing on with Triple-A? You know we don’t mind you working there. They’re good people.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]“Not Triple-A, no,”[/COLOR] she said. [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]“I was thinking about my promo the other night.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]“What? Working with Thea?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]“And passing the torch,”[/COLOR] she said, with a nod. [COLOR="Green"]“You’re retiring?”[/COLOR] I said, my voice rising half an octave in panic. I’d been thinking about ways to expand again, and Wanda had been pretty much at the forefront of that list. [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]“Not right this minute, but in a few weeks time,”[/COLOR] she said. [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]“I like working with Thea – but be honest, am I ever going to be a titlist here?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]“Long term?”[/COLOR] I asked. She nodded. [COLOR="Green"]“Probably not. I’d love it if fans could buy you as a legitimate threat in the main event, Wanda – but there’s a lot of prejudice there. If anyone could do it, it’d be you – but while the fans can cope with you going over a Nathan Coleman or Citizen X...”[/COLOR] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]“With an Aaron Andrews or JD Morgan in there, it just doesn’t work, I know,” [/COLOR]she said. [COLOR="Green"]“Look, let me know when you want to have your last match,”[/COLOR] I said. [COLOR="Green"]“I want to make sure you go out on a high.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]“You don’t have to do that,”[/COLOR] she said, sounding pleased nonetheless. [COLOR="Green"]“Wanda,”[/COLOR] I said. [COLOR="Green"]“You cost us enough that I think we ought to get [I]one[/I] main event out of you.”[/COLOR] We laughed, and I could tell that she wasn’t too offended. She left my office with a smile on my face. I waited until I was sure that she was gone to scowl and dig up my plans for the next few months. There were some rewrites needed... * [CENTER][B]MAW All Or Nothing[/B] "Broadway" Brandon Smith vs. Providence Amazing Fire Fly and Jared Johnson vs. Ford & Speed Lassana Makutsi vs. Raphael Fumihiro Ota vs. JD Morgan KC Glenn and Randy Bumfhole vs. The Dark Raptors Kirk Jameson vs. Citizen X "Sensational" Kashmir Singh vs. Aaron Andrews[/CENTER]

[B]MAW All Or Nothing[/B] [B]"Broadway" Brandon Smith[/B] vs. Providence Amazing Fire Fly and Jared Johnson vs. [B]Ford & Speed[/B] [B]Lassana Makutsi[/B] vs. Raphael Fumihiro Ota vs. [B]JD Morgan[/B] [B]KC Glenn and Randy Bumfhole[/B] vs. The Dark Raptors [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Citizen X "Sensational" Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] I hope you get better Casey. No I don't. Wait. I do. But no. I mean. If being sick means more diary than. But on the other hand. Wait. I'm confused. :(

MAW All Or Nothing [B]"Broadway" Brandon Smith[/B] vs. Providence Amazing Fire Fly and Jared Johnson vs. [B]Ford & Speed[/B] Lassana Makutsi vs. [B]Raphael[/B] Fumihiro Ota vs. [B]JD Morgan[/B] KC Glenn and Randy Bumfhole vs. [B]The Dark Raptors[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson [/B]vs. Citizen X "Sensational" Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B]

I haven't been able to keep up with your diary due to college, so these are going to be done pretty much on the fly. [B]"Broadway" Brandon Smith[/B] vs. Providence [B]Amazing Fire Fly and Jared Johnson[/B] vs. Ford & Speed Lassana Makutsi vs. [B]Raphael[/B] [B]Fumihiro Ota[/B] vs. JD Morgan KC Glenn and Randy Bumfhole vs. [B]The Dark Raptors[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Citizen X "Sensational" Kashmir Singh vs.[B] Aaron Andrews[/B]

Archived