MAW: 10 Simple Rules...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Great Lakes Smackdown Monday, 8th November 2012[/CENTER][/B] Donnie J and Casey Valentine came face to face backstage. [COLOR="Sienna"]“Every year at this time Antonio makes sure to remind me that he’s won this tournament before. It’s galling that he has something over me, so tonight I’ll put you down, and go on to fulfil my potential.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“If you do, then bravo. But I’m not going to make it easy for you, Casey. I’ve faced a lot of people who’ve claimed potential. And you know what? A lot of them try and coast through on it. I never had potential. No-one took me under their wing. I just got in the ring and fought like my life depended on it, every time I could.”[/COLOR] * [B]RCI Round 1: “Dogfight” Donnie J vs. Casey Valentine[/B] This was a fairly straightforward opener. The first round of the RCI tends to be used by us as a way of seeing who might be ready to step up a grade. Casey, if anything, has gone backwards – this was a disappointing match considering who his opponent was. Donnie went through easily enough, although Casey as always got some decent brawling in along the way. Winner: Donnie J (D) * [B]The XX Factor vs. The Canadian Blondes[/B] This was a relatively short match, serving as JD Morgan’s introduction to life as a road agent – his first assignment while he recovers from his injury. On the evidence of this match, he might need some work... It was kind of a nothing match, with little real flow to it, and while we did out best on commentary, I think that everyone was glad when Oscar Golden pinned Thea Davis after O, Canada! Winners: The Canadian Blondes (E+) * [B]Quentin Queen vs. Providence (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW All Action title[/COLOR] Queen’s education in his role as punching bag continued in this match, as Providence pummelled him from bell to bell, including a spot where he clotheslined Queen over the top rope, followed him to the outside and smashed his head into the announcers’ table a couple of times – drawing a shriek from Katie, who was making her own debut on commentary at this show. Ultimately, Providence scored with an Eye Of Providence for the win. Winner: Providence (D-) * Sean Deeley was sitting backstage with Haley Buck, with a chilled bottle of champagne sitting in an ice bucket. He took a sip from a crystal glass, as Haley ran through the notes. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Peverell, this is what success looks like. You know, Haley and I checked your records here in MAW, and it’s dreadful. You have something like one win across the last eleven months. It’s hardly impressive, but then, it’s not surprising, either. You see, you lack style, Peverell. You lack finesse. You have your famed ‘hands of stone’, your ‘one-two’ combination. Well, I assure you that I can brawl with the best of them, but I can also go to the air, and no-one can match me on the mat. You can try your best to keep up with me, Peverell, and no question that it will be a noble effort, I suppose. Just accept that this match will only end in defeat for you, and it will make the crushing reality of my triumph that much easier.”[/COLOR] * [B]Bradford Peverell vs. Sean Deeley (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Traditional title[/COLOR] Losing JD Morgan is a blow softened substantially by Deeley’s arrival – even if the succession was a bit less co-ordinated then I like. He carried Peverell to his best match in MAW, I believe, aided by the fact that the two men had pretty good chemistry, with Peverell understanding Deeley’s leads very well indeed, en route to a submission loss via Front Choke Lock. Winner: Sean Deeley (C+) * Backstage, and Eddie Powell was warming up. Lord Geoffrey Windameer approached him. [COLOR="Blue"]“So, you think you’re better than me?”[/COLOR] he demanded. [COLOR="Blue"]“You, a commoner, believe that you’re a ‘great wrestler’? You were tolerable when you were a clown, but you can’t seriously expect anyone to take you seriously just because you’ve cut your hair off.” [/COLOR] Powell stood up suddenly, turning so that he was right in Windameer’s face, forcing the aristocrat back a step. [COLOR="Blue"]“Let’s find out, shall we?”[/COLOR] he said. Rip appeared between the two, and cleared his throat. [COLOR="Purple"]“Sounds like a great idea. We’ll make it the main event. You know, I wish everyone could make my job so easy...”[/COLOR] * [B]Eddie Powell vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer[/B] Damn. This could, even should, have been great. Two very talented workers, coming off strong matches last week... But chemistry shot them in the feet, as they fumbled their way through a match lasting almost a third of the show. Powell fought ferociously, while Windameer used every shortcut going as he scored a win out of nowhere in a closely contested match, countering a Motion Censor into a High Society. Winner: Lord Geoffrey Windameer (D+) [B]Overall: D+[/B] [I](Good enough for the territories, I guess...)[/I] * [CENTER][B]MAW Remember November[/B] RCI: Quentin Queen vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer RCI: Jared Johnson vs. Firebird Spectrum Infinity vs. Always Breakin’ Hollywood “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. Providence Bradford Peverell vs. Rudy Velasquez El Heroe Mexicano vs. The Great Ota Eddie Powell and “Dogfight” Donnie J vs. Aaron Andrews and Sean Deeley[/CENTER]

RCI: Quentin Queen vs. [B]Lord Geoffrey Windameer[/B] [I]The Lord is more experienced and also won his last match, so this seems like an obvious choice to me.[/I] RCI: Jared Johnson vs. [B]Firebird[/B] [I]I don't see Johnson breaking out of the Tag ranks anytime soon, so Firebird advances.[/I] Spectrum Infinity vs. [B]Always Breakin’ Hollywood[/B] [I]Your Tag Division is quite competitive, with most teams being able to beat any other on their day but ABH seem to have a more focused push and are more likely to threaten the champs than Spectrum.[/I] “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Providence[/B] [I]Straight forward title defence for Providence. [/I] [B]Bradford Peverell[/B] vs. Rudy Velasquez [I]I'm actually surprised at how little Peverall has won of late, despite being involved in the Fallen- Knight's Templar feud. However I think he gets back on the winning track here.[/I] El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]The Great Ota[/B] [I]Ota's more established.[/I] Eddie Powell and “Dogfight” Donnie J vs. [B]Aaron Andrews and Sean Deeley[/B] [I]Better talent on the heel side, I think it would be more valuable to keep Andrews-Deeley strong than to have them put over Powell and Donnie.[/I]

[B]MAW Remember November[/B] RCI: Quentin Queen vs. [B]Lord Geoffrey Windameer[/B] RCI: Jared Johnson vs. [B]Firebird[/B] Spectrum Infinity vs. [B]Always Breakin’ Hollywood[/B] “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Providence[/B] Bradford Peverell vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez[/B] El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]The Great Ota[/B] Eddie Powell and “Dogfight” Donnie J vs. [B]Aaron Andrews and Sean Deeley[/B]

RCI: Quentin Queen vs. [B]Lord Geoffrey Windameer[/B] RCI: Jared Johnson vs. [B]Firebird[/B] Spectrum Infinity vs. [B]Always Breakin’ Hollywood[/B] “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Providence[/B] [B]Bradford Peverell[/B] vs. Rudy Velasquez El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]The Great Ota[/B] Eddie Powell and “Dogfight” Donnie J vs. [B]Aaron Andrews and Sean Deeley[/B]

[B]MAW Remember November[/B] RCI: Quentin Queen vs. [B]Lord Geoffrey Windameer[/B] RCI: Jared Johnson vs. [B]Firebird[/B] Spectrum Infinity vs. [B]Always Breakin’ Hollywood[/B] “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Providence[/B] Bradford Peverell vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez[/B] El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]The Great Ota[/B] Eddie Powell and “Dogfight” Donnie J vs. [B]Aaron Andrews and Sean Deeley[/B]

[QUOTE=James Casey;580713] [B]MAW Remember November[/B] RCI: Quentin Queen vs. [B]Lord Geoffrey Windameer[/B] RCI: Jared Johnson vs. [B]Firebird[/B] Spectrum Infinity vs. [B]Always Breakin’ Hollywood[/B] “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Providence[/B] [B]Bradford Peverell[/B] vs. Rudy Velasquez El Heroe Mexicano vs. The Great Ota [B]Eddie Powell and “Dogfight” Donnie J [/B]vs. Aaron Andrews and Sean Deeley[/QUOTE] I agree with TK's reasoning for Andrews and Deeley winning, but also think that, in the long run, a win here could benefit Powell and put him on his way to being someone who is valuable enough to keep strong against your main eventers. :)

RCI: [B]Quentin Queen[/B] vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer RCI: Jared Johnson vs. [B]Firebird[/B] Spectrum Infinity vs.[B] Always Breakin’ Hollywood[/B] [B]“Sensational” Kashmir Singh[/B] vs. Providence Bradford Peverell vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez[/B] El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]The Great Ota[/B] Eddie Powell and “Dogfight” Donnie J vs. [B]Aaron Andrews and Sean Deeley[/B]

RCI: Quentin Queen vs. [B]Lord Geoffrey Windameer[/B] [I]Queen's not ready for this yet, and won't be until he turns heel and goes by Babyface McQueen[/I] RCI: [B]Jared Johnson[/B] vs. Firebird [I]I seen Firebird taking the fall here to capitalize on his further, umm, falling[/I] Spectrum Infinity vs. [B]Always Breakin’ Hollywood[/B] [I]ABH is getting the harder push[/I] “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Providence[/B] [I]Providence takes this one, but not without a fight[/I] [B]Bradford Peverell[/B] vs. Rudy Velasquez [I]I can't see Velasquez taking this [/I] El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]The Great Ota[/B] [I]Heroe's just not big enough[/I] Eddie Powell and “Dogfight” Donnie J vs. [B]Aaron Andrews and Sean Deeley[/B] [I]Andrews pins Powell[/I]

[I]OOC: Seven predictions? You all must be bored... :p Congrats to Tigerkinney, BoomKing and Scapino for their victories in the DOTM polls this month, incidentally - all three have put together some great reading[/I] * [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Remember November Friday, 11th November 2012[/CENTER] RCI Round 1: Jared Johnson vs. Firebird[/B] It’s good to test our tag workers in the occasional singles match. While Johnson is capable, a match like this showed how far he is away from regular singles competition, with Firebird having to lead him through the whole match, before advancing to the next round with a Phoenix Firebird Splash. Winner: Firebird (D+) * Lord Geoffrey Windameer was shown backstage, taking a drink from what may – or may not – have been the same champagne that Sean Deeley was drinking at the last show. [COLOR="Blue"]“The concept of this Invitational tournament appeals to me. My ancestors jousted, or competed in swordfights to determine the better man. Today, I fight with fist, and with foot – but the result will be the same. Just as my ancestors were champions of the lists, so I shall be the Invitational Champion.”[/COLOR] * [B]RCI Round 1: Quentin Queen vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer[/B] Queen’s appeared a lot since signing, but that’s mainly because he’s a disposable crash mat, and Windameer made short work of the youngster on his way to the next round with a High Society for the win. Winner: Lord Geoffrey Windameer (D-) * A new video played of Spectrum Infinity, with the masked duo competing in a dirtbike race (finishing joint first) and thrashing anyone who hits on Dawn afterwards. Backstage, and ABH were shown watching the video, laughing and sneering to themselves as Haley Buck ran through their notes for the match ahead. * [B]Spectrum Infinity vs. Always Breakin’ Hollywood[/B] This was an evenly contested match, about average for our tag team division. ABH are probably one of our more promising teams, although I wonder if Primus Allen will ever truly deliver on his considerable potential. He does seem to be improving, though, as the brawling tactics of ABH were countered by Scarlet Strike’s technical skill and Blue Shift’s speed, and it fell to Primus’ improving technical skills to tip the balance before he flattened Scarlet with a Hollywood Boulevard. Winners: Always Breakin’ Hollywood (D) * Kashmir Singh was backstage, the soundtrack from Rent playing in the background. [COLOR="Blue"]“Providence and I have a long history. Once, we were friends. Now he pursues his indetermanistic lifestyle of carefree, almost whimsical, chaos as though he has found a true calling in the pain of others. For one such as I, who thrives on the great beauty that life has to offer, this is an unthinkable life. Perhaps, tonight, I can show my old friend a better way...”[/COLOR] * [B]“Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. Providence (c)[/B] in a [COLOR="Purple"]Street Fight[/COLOR] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW All Action title[/COLOR] This was a wild brawl from bell to bell, playing to both men’s strengths. Providence is the stronger brawler, and had the advantage, but Singh was able to dip into his better all-round skills to keep in touch with the face-painted champion. However, when the fight spilled out of the ring, and Providence sent his challenger flying into the ring steps, it began to become clear that Singh was operating in uncharted waters, whereas his wild opponent had no problems navigating the match’s rules, eventually bringing the title belt into the ring and using it to put the match to an abrupt end when he planted Singh onto it with an Eye Of Providence. Winner: Providence (C-) * [B]Bradford Peverell vs. Rudy Velasquez[/B] This was another brawl, although less wild than the match that preceded it. The two men have similar gimmicks, that of growing up on the streets. But where Velasquez’ upbringing has made him hard and insular, Velasquez is always determined to reach out to others. It made for an interesting contrast as Velasquez is utterly minimalist in his approach to a fight, doing what he has to do to win, and no more, whereas Peverell likes to play to the crowd, and at points during the match backed off from his opponent rather than press an advantage that he felt was unfair. Clearly Peverell viewed Velasquez as less of a threat than The Fallen, and this approach cost him the match as he was caught by Velasquez with a Street Cutter to continue the Latino fighter’s recent good form. Winner: Rudy Velasquez (C-) * El Heroe Mexicano was shown backstage, beaming at the camera. [COLOR="Blue"]“Some say that I’m the greatest wrestler to ever come from Mexico, and that when I go to the air it’s like watching a fighter jet swoop on plate of fajitas. All I know is... I’m El [I]Heroe[/I] Mexi[I]cano[/I].”[/COLOR] * [B]El Heroe Mexicano vs. The Great Ota[/B] EHM is one of those guys I could build a company around – but for his not wanting to work in the United States right now. Another reason to hit Cult, then, as doing so might be enough to help him change his mind. These two excellent fighters traded high speed, high impact offence in a non-stop battle that could scarcely have been different from the preceding brawls, and Heroe did everything in his power to put Ota over before falling to a Ninja Strike in his last appearance on loan. Winner: The Great Ota (C+) * Aaron Andrews and Sean Deeley was backstage. Deeley was preparing for their match in detail with Haley Buck, who had reams of notes on their opponents. Andrews was skulking in the back of the room, his first appearance since losing his title showing that a lot of his usual confidence seemed to have left him. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Andrews, pay attention,”[/COLOR] Deeley demanded. Andrews turned and shot a glare at him. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“These jokers aren’t who I’m after. I didn’t ask for this match. I couldn’t care less about these two. I just want my rematch.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="SlateGray"]“You may not care, but I do,” [/COLOR]Deeley said. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“And I won’t be happy if you bring that kind of attitude into our match.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]“I don’t care about that, either,”[/COLOR] Andrews retorted. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“You think your career is of any significance to me? Think again.”[/COLOR] Deeley stood up, and strode across to glare down at his partner. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“You had better start caring, Andrews. You may have an automatic rematch, but Chord won’t book that match until it will earn him some money – and you sitting backstage and scowling until you get your way hasn’t got you that match yet, has it? Now, I want to earn myself a title match, and to do that I need to keep winning. I might be able to beat Donnie J and Eddie Powell on my own, and if you’re going to continue to sit there like a schoolgirl who’s just been kicked to the kerb by her first love then I’ll have to try – but are you prepared to take the risk?”[/COLOR] Andrews scowled, but grudgingly turned his attention to Haley’s notes. * [B]Eddie Powell and “Dogfight” Donnie J vs. Aaron Andrews and Sean Deeley[/B] The presentation of Deeley and Powell as main eventers continued in this battle, which saw them aligned with two of our most over workers. The two teams competed well, with all four men getting a chance to shine and little time wasted with rest holds. Deeley almost seemed to be trying to impress Andrews during the match, causing him to take his eye off the ball a little – drawing Andrews’ only reaction to his work, as he yelled at his partner of the evening to focus, Deeley just avoiding a Motion Censor as a result. The match soon degenerated into all four men fighting each other, with Andrews not entirely caring if some of his shots caught Deeley as he swung at Donnie. In the end the referee restored order, and the match ended almost immediately after as Andrews caught Donnie with a Twisting Face Crusher to give the heel duo the win. Winners: Andrews and Deeley (C) [B]Overall: C[/B] [I](Perfectly happy with that – it was a bit of a placeholder show. It was enough to help the show rise in importance.)[/I]

There’s a rumour doing the rounds that NOTBPW have made a number of contract offers in the last few days. Well, yes they have. Fortunately, Aaron appears to think that working for two Global companies would stretch him too much as he’s not leaving us for the Stones. * Steve Flash has picked up the SWF North American title, defeating Joe Sexy. Flash has really gotten over since moving to Supreme, and this has to be seen as his biggest career win. It's pretty deserved, as well, as Flash has made the best of his situation in SWF. The title win was only his 13th match of the year, including a two month gap between matches from September to earlier this month. Now he has the belt, I hope he goes on to do great things – it would be a shame if it was his swansong. * In TCW, Remo continues to impress. He's been MVP of the South-West based company's shows a number of times since signing, and while he's only won one of his four matches so far, his performances and general presence make him a big star. * A sample of EX2010's show names includes a fair smattering of Engrish – Split Wrist Reign, for example – but also Who Booked This Crap?, The Scary Closet and Make The Puffin Face. Gotta love Japan... * Lord Geoffrey Windameer, Donnie J and Eddie Powell have all inked contract extensions. * [CENTER][B]MAW Season’s Beatings[/B] RCI: “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. The Great Ota RCI: Eddie Powell vs. Antonio Amazing Fire Fly and The XX Factor vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer and The Canadian Blondes Scarlet Strike vs. Raphael “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. Rudy Velasquez Blue Shift vs. Aaron Andrews Kirk Jameson vs. Providence[/CENTER]

RCI: [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith[/B] vs. The Great Ota RCI: [B]Eddie Powell[/B] vs. Antonio Amazing Fire Fly and The XX Factor vs. [B]Lord Geoffrey Windameer and The Canadian Blondes[/B] Scarlet Strike vs. [B]Raphael[/B] “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez[/B] Blue Shift vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Providence

[B]MAW Season’s Beatings[/B] RCI: “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. [B]The Great Ota[/B] RCI: [B]Eddie Powell[/B] vs. Antonio Amazing Fire Fly and The XX Factor vs. [B]Lord Geoffrey Windameer and The Canadian Blondes[/B] Scarlet Strike vs. [B]Raphael[/B] “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez[/B] Blue Shift vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Providence

MAW Season’s Beatings RCI: “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. [B]The Great Ota[/B] [I]Ota's been very solid for you of late, so I'd expect him to advance[/I] RCI: [B]Eddie Powell[/B] vs. Antonio [I]Powell's gradual push continues[/I] Amazing Fire Fly and The XX Factor vs. [B]Lord Geoffrey Windameer and The Canadian Blondes[/B] [I]Out of all of these Lord Geoff is getting the biggest push right now, so his team will win[/I] Scarlet Strike vs.[B] Raphael[/B] [I]I think Raphael should have the edge here, having more singles experience[/I] “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez[/B] [I]Velasquez has been on a good roll of late[/I] Blue Shift vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] [I]Easy win for the former champion[/I] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Providence [I]Champion vs champion match, but I don't see Providence taking the big belt.[/I]

“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. [B]The Great Ota[/B] Think Scapino blew any chances of a bush for dozer hehe. RCI: [B]Eddie Powell [/B]vs. Antonio Amazing Fire Fly and The XX Factor vs. [B]Lord Geoffrey Windameer and The Canadian Blondes[/B] Scarlet Strike vs. [B]Raphael[/B] “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez[/B] Blue Shift vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Providence

[B]MAW Season’s Beatings[/B] RCI: “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. [B]The Great Ota[/B] RCI: [B]Eddie Powell [/B]vs. Antonio Amazing Fire Fly and The XX Factor vs. [B]Lord Geoffrey Windameer and The Canadian Blondes[/B] Scarlet Strike vs. [B]Raphael[/B] (really?) “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez[/B] Blue Shift vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Providence

[I]OOC: I don't know why, but booking the RCI always brings out the worst in my memory – I'm completely unable to remember who's already been booked on a card, if they've been booked in a tournament match. Originally, it was supposed to Eddie Powell vs. Raphael – but Powell’s facing Antonio. And Antonio was supposed to be a part of the six-man match, with The Second Sons teaming with Windameer instead of The Canadian Blondes. That’s just one story among many that are mirrored across almost every show that an RCI match takes place on. In short, I'm an idiot.[/I] [CENTER][B]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Season’s Beatings Friday, 5th December 2012[/CENTER] RCI: “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. The Great Ota[/B] Just as proof that a certain masked/painted Japanese wrestler is about the best man that you could hope to sign to a given promotion, Ota here put over the Bulldozer despite the face being a lower midcarder, and Ota being a main eventer. How do you like them apples, Blue Shift and Quentin Queen? Anyway, this was a decent opener, although Ota seemed a bit out of it at times which caused the flow to break up a little. Ota flew around the ring but was ultimately unable to avoid the grasp of Smith for too long, eventually being caught with a Backdrop Driver to send the former tag champion through. Winner: Brandon Smith (D+) * Raphael was backstage, and had something to say: [COLOR="Blue"]“I will show you what I am capable of.”[/COLOR] * [B]Scarlet Strike vs. Raphael[/B] This was a short match, but the brevity failed to disguise the fact that we'd thrown out two undercarders for the match. Damn scheduling conflicts... Raphael picked up the win with an Italian DDT. Winner: Raphael (E-) * [B]Amazing Fire Fly and The XX Factor vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer and The Canadian Blondes[/B] A nice random six-person tag match followed, with XX Factor's ideal opponents across the ring from them, as the Blondes are lightweights with not much more body mass then the women. Fly, for his part, kept Windameer busy while the two teams tussled it out, before Fly went to the air with a Sky High Fire Fly onto Windameer that put the aristocratic one down for the count. Winner: Amazing Fire Fly and The XX Factor (D-) * Eddie Powell was backstage, appearing almost switched off as he sat unmoving, staring blankly ahead until a staffer approached him to tell him that his match was next. * [B]RCI: Eddie Powell vs. Antonio[/B] It would make Rip very happy if, one day, Casey Valentine or Antonio were to show signs of anything more than competency in ring. By extension, it would make me very happy as well. Sadly, it's never happened, and even with great chemistry between these two, this was still a below-average singles match, ended with a Motion Censor after ten minutes. Winner: Eddie Powell (D) * Backstage, and Kashmir Singh approached Rudy Velasquez ahead of their match. [COLOR="Blue"]“Rudy, I’ve been wondering, do you ever have fun?”[/COLOR] Singh asked. [COLOR="Blue"]“You seem so... joyless. So devoted to fighting. I’m sure it brings you success, but do you not yearn for more? For lights, glamour, glitz?”[/COLOR] Velasquez turned a thousand yard stare on his opponent, who subsided somewhat. [COLOR="Blue"]“When I wasn’t at school as a kid, I was on the streets. Home was an abandoned warehouse, condemned as unfit for people to work in, let alone live in. We shared that space with a couple of dozen other people, and you made damn sure you slept with one eye open. I spent as little time there as I could, but I had to take care of my mom and my sisters. I learned to fight so that people wouldn’t take advantage of my family or me, esse. Now, you tell me if it sounds like there’s been time for fun in my life?” “You should always make time for fun, Rudy, especially now you’re grown up-“ “My family’s still back there,”[/COLOR] Velasquez snarled. [COLOR="Blue"]“I send them money so they get off the streets, but after all they did for me, keeping me out of jail a bunch of times, I ain’t gonna let nothing stand in my way of making the money they need to have the life they deserve. And tonight I’ll knock your fool ass out. You live your life how you want, Singh, but don’t come around to me and try and change me. I’m doing this the way that’s worked for me my whole life – putting the people I love first, and everyone else last.”[/COLOR] * [B]“Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. Rudy Velasquez[/B] Velasquez for once showed some fire in this match, going after Kashmir for what he perceived as a slight against him and his upbringing. Singh didn't seem to realise what his opponent's problem was, but then, with Rudy on the rampage, his time for introspection was limited and after an enjoyable match that largely saw Singh on the defensive, he fell in fairly short order to a Street Cutter. Winner: Rudy Velasquez (C-) * Aaron Andrews stood in the ring, the expression on his face suggesting that someone had waved a rotten egg under his nose. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“I’m told that the powers that be here in MAW are waiting for the right moment to ‘allow’ me my rightful rematch for the Heavyweight title,”[/COLOR] he said, his tone making clear what he thought of this decision. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“In the meantime, I have to face whoever they throw in front of me which, at this time of year, means that I have to face whoever isn’t entered in the Invitational tournament. So, whoever you are, get out here now – I’m not in a good mood, and want someone to suffer.”[/COLOR] Spectrum Infinity’s music played for the second time as Blue Shift came out to face the ex-champion. * [B]Blue Shift vs. Aaron Andrews[/B] Blue Shift has some moderate overness hidden behind that mask of his – on other days, he goes by the name of Acid II. That's all well and good, but it gives him an ego I could do without, so therefore I've taken a leaf out of Tommy's book and decided to give him the occasional high-profile loss. Not every match will be against Aaron Andrews, which is good as he has no chemistry with him, which really hurt the match. It was okay, though, as the masked man was basically massacred by the former champ, before falling to a Twisting Face Crusher. Winner: Aaron Andrews (D+) * Kirk Jameson came to the ring to the usual rapturous reception, the fans still popping extra hard at the sight of him with the belt. Before he could address the crowd, however, Providence emerged from the back. [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]“Time flies when you’re having fun, Kirk Jameson,”[/COLOR] he said. [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]“You’ve been having fun with that belt, I know. I saw you and Thea Davis going back to your hotel room last night.”[/COLOR] Jameson coloured but said nothing. [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]“It doesn’t make you a bad person. Everyone needs love. I had a girlfriend. Had. She was great. Really understood me. Shared a lot of common interests... She should be out in twelve, fifteen years.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Do you have a point?”[/COLOR] Jameson demanded. [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]“Should I?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“If you’re trying some kind of mind games on me-“[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]“Just saying, you’re always being watched, Kirk Jameson. Providence is always watching, always waiting on the right time. And tonight, Kirk Jameson, you’ve been selected. You may be good, I mean, you’re even the champion... But tonight you get shown that providence is always waiting to strike, and show you your true place in the universe...”[/COLOR] * [B]Kirk Jameson (c) vs. Providence[/B] for in a [COLOR="Purple"]two out of three falls match[/COLOR] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Heavyweight title[/COLOR] The painted brawler attacked Jameson straight out of the blocks, blitzing the champion and almost immediately taking the match outside. Jameson won back some momentum by avoiding a charge that caused Providence to collide with the ringpost, and for the next few minutes Providence was on the receiving end, rather than the giving. Eventually, he rolled out of the ring and grabbed a chair, blasting Jameson with it as he reached through the ropes to try and pull Providence back in. The referee immediately called for the bell to give the first fall to Jameson – but had no choice but to count the immediate pin as Providence slid in and made a cover. The deciding fall, however, was not so easy for the painted brawler, as Jameson kicked out at the last split second. Rising up, he threw everything he had at the challenger, putting him on the back foot even as Providence tried to put him down with an Eye Of Providence – only for Jameson to counter into a piledriver that put Providence down and in perfect position for The Bullseye from the top rope to give Jameson a successful title defence. Winner: Kirk Jameson (C+) * Jameson was celebrating in the ring when someone leapt over the guard rail and slid into the ring. Before anyone had the chance to react, the intruder blasted Jameson with a big boot that put him down on the mat, before hauling him up and planting him with a move that was familiar to everyone in the arena, even before Rock called it on commentary: [COLOR="Blue"]"Rahn to the Hills! That's..."[/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/GhenghisRahn.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="Blue"]"...Genghis Rahn! The former TCW World champion has just annihilated Kirk Jameson!" [/COLOR] Wrestlers and staff swarmed the ring as Rahn stood over his victim. No-one seemed to want to risk Rahn's wrath, and when one person was foolish to try and enter the ring, Rahn's clothesline turned him inside out and upside down. Rahn, standing victorious over the fallen champion, was the last thing the fans saw as the show came to a close. [B]Overall: C-[/B] [I](A storyline show, with nothing outstanding on offer at all...) OOC: Can I just note, for the record, that the Jameson/Providence angle was the best performance I’ve had from two workers I’ve developed myself – to see them score a C- for an angle really surprised me. I knew Jameson was capable, as he’s been delivering for some months now. But Providence really hit it out of the park. C- in an angle for a regional fed is just awesome, really.[/I]

After the show, Aaron Andrews got himself into trouble, for the eighth time in his MAW career. I mention that, because we’ve actually gone almost six months without any trouble. Andrews seemed to feel that appearance of Genghis Rahn – who’d been sitting on the sidelines for six weeks, patiently awaiting his first appearance – overshadowed him. As is often the case, I had to hold fire for a few seconds as I reminded myself that wrestling is not real – but all too often, the wrestlers forget that. Anyway, Andrews had pulled a prank where he’d spiked Providence’s makeup with itching powder. The former Masked Patriot’s face was red raw from the scratching before he managed to wash the last of it off, and only the intervention of Brandon Smith, who’s become Providence’s best friend backstage in the last few weeks, prevented him laying one on the former champion. I came close to physically hauling Andrews into my office. Katie’s been suffering with morning sickness recently, and that’s meant depressingly early mornings for me, which in turn leaves me short on temper a lot of the time. I chewed Andrews out, warning him that such antics had no place in a professional promotion such as MAW. The look on his face as he promised to be more considerate in future said it all – Aaron had fallen out of love with MAW. The last few months had seen him blossoming in popularity in TCW, and I definitely got the feeling that coming to MAW was becoming more of a chore for him as he became used to the superstar lifestyle enjoyed by those higher up the TCW rankings. There was still several months to go on Aaron’s contract, I reminded myself. We had a lot of time left that we could use Aaron for. But... it seemed unlikely that he’d be re-signing with us. Perhaps, though, it was time to start considering what was best for the company... * [CENTER][B]MAW South East Smackdown[/B] RCI: Lassana Makutsi vs. Sean Deeley The XX Factor vs. The Canadian Blondes The West Texas Peacekeepers vs. Ford & Speed "Sensational" Kashmir Singh vs. Aaron Andrews "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith vs. Genghis Rahn[/CENTER]

RCI: Lassana Makutsi vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [I]There were a few mild upsets on the last show, such as BBS going over Ota. However I feel with Makutsi part of the tag champs, he'll be staying a tag guy for a while, so Deeley advances. [/I] The XX Factor vs. [B]The Canadian Blondes[/B] [I]Following their win in the Six Man, I'm going to call the upset for the girls in regular tag action ![/I] The West Texas Peacekeepers vs. [B]Ford & Speed[/B] [I]One of those coin flip tag matches.[/I] "Sensational" Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] [I]Even though it look like Andrews may be on his way out, it seems like it's because he has 'outgrown' MAW and I don't see Andrews being that willing to put Singh over.[/I] "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith vs. [B]Genghis Rahn[/B] [I]I think there's pretty much no chance of Rahn losing on his debut.[/I]

MAW just won't seem the same without Aaron Andrews around. [B]MAW South East Smackdown[/B] RCI: Lassana Makutsi vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [B]The XX Factor[/B] vs. The Canadian Blondes The West Texas Peacekeepers vs. [B]Ford & Speed[/B] "Sensational" Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith vs. [B]Genghis Rahn[/B]

[B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: South East Smackdown Monday, 8th December 2012[/CENTER] RCI: Lassana Makutsi vs. Sean Deeley[/B] In this first round match, the two men were largely presented as evenly matched, but Deeley had the definite edge on his opponent, coming out in front time and again, and eventually sealing the win with a Front Choke Lock. Winner: Sean Deeley (C-) * Genghis Rahn made his way down to the ring, an arrogant sneer plastered across his face. He barked at one or two fans, before taking up a mic. [COLOR="Blue"]“You should worship me as wrestling royalty, damnit!”[/COLOR] he yelled. [COLOR="Blue"]“You see before you the only undefeated World champion in wrestling history. No-one could take that belt off me. Everyone who tried ended up beaten into submission, from which you can be sure I drew immense satisfaction. When the promoters couldn’t find anyone to beat me, when they couldn’t even find someone to step into a ring with me, they fired me. I’ve proven myself against the best – and they were found wanting. “Now I’m here, and if you didn’t get to see me annihilate the competition out west, you’re in for a treat. They say that here is the place to come for true competition. I say that history is about to be repeated.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Over my dead body,”[/COLOR] Aaron Andrews declared, emerging from the backstage area. [COLOR="Blue"]“That can be arranged. Who are you?”[/COLOR] Rahn sneered. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“I’m Aaron Andrews, the last Heavyweight champion. I’ve got a rematch clause for the title. It doesn’t take a genius to work out you want a shot, but it won’t be until I’m done with Jameson – and I’ve got a lot in mind for him, so get yourself a comfortable chair and a long book to keep you busy.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“How about I just beat the ---- out of you until you hand me that contract?”[/COLOR] Rahn asked. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Try if you like, Rahn. You see, I remember you from out west, and I know I could have taken that title off you. I’ve only gotten better since then.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“You must have done, because I don’t remember you at all. Were you one of the little punks who ran and hid whenever I showed up to fight?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“Gentlemen, enough,”[/COLOR] Rip declared, standing up at the announcers’ table. [COLOR="Purple"]“Listen to me, Genghis Rahn’s attack has left Kirk Jameson out of action for a while. He wants to fight Rahn when he comes back.”[/COLOR] The crowd popped to hear this. [COLOR="Purple"]“On the other hand, I don’t want martial law running this place – it’s my company, and I’m in charge. Aaron does have a guaranteed rematch.”[/COLOR] The crowd popped for this, as well. [COLOR="Purple"]“So, here’s what we’re going to do. Tonight, both of you will face an opponent of my choosing. If either man is particularly impressive in their performance, I may choose that man to get the next title shot. You both have strong cases. Now it’s time to really convince me.”[/COLOR] * [B]The XX Factor vs. The Canadian Blondes[/B] This was never going to match up to the opening segments, and just highlighted how far both teams have to go. Flash Savage seemed off his game during the opening exchanges, but Kristen Pearce at ringside geed him up enough that later in the match he was able to resume his team's offence and wear down Jaime Quine with a series of quick and brutal limblocks that culminated in a Canadian Crab to give the former four-time tag champions the win. Winners: The Canadian Blondes (E) * [B]The West Texas Peacekeepers vs. Ford & Speed[/B] A definite step up from the previous match, this contest featured some surprising technical exchanges from the brawlers Greg Ford and Marshall Dillon. Ford came out on top, as Dillon seemed eager but unpolished, and this lack of finesse saw him fall victim to a Cross Armbreaker from Marc Speed as Sheriff Blaze looked on in despair from the outside. Winners: Ford & Speed (D) * Aaron Andrews made his way down to the ring: [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Having to ‘prove’ myself to old man Chord because some freakshow like Rahn decided to try and jump to the head of the queue... This company’s gone to the dogs. I can see now that I was blinded by being the champion, but maybe that was holding me back. Without that belt, I’ve become a star in the real world... I should just leave here, and never look back. “But that’s not what I’m going to do. I’m going to make damn sure that when I go, this company collapses without me. I’m going to start by breaking whoever it is the relic in charge thinks will provide me with a challenge, and then I’ll move on to beat my old friend Kirk so badly that he can’t walk anymore, let alone wrestle. And then... Then, I’ll walk out of here, and throw the title belt in the bin somewhere out west.”[/COLOR] * [B]"Sensational" Kashmir Singh vs. Aaron Andrews[/B] Once in the ring, Singh tends to drop his more outrageous mannerisms and become a gifted all-rounder. In this match, he targeted his offence on Andrews' back, trying to reduce the former champion's mobility. Andrews stayed one step ahead, though. His superior skills allowed him to limit the damage done by Singh's offence and while he was down for two on several occasions, he remained unruffled and eventually put Singh away with a Twisting Face Crusher. Winner: Aaron Andrews (C) * [COLOR="Blue"]“My ‘opponent’ for this title shot doesn’t even want to hold the title if he wins it,”[/COLOR] Rahn said. [COLOR="Blue"]“I do. I want to prove myself again. I want to prove that I am the best fighter, and that anyone who steps in the ring with me will fall at my feet, beaten into submission. That has always been the way. And nothing will change.”[/COLOR] * [B]"Bulldozer" Brandon Smith vs. Genghis Rahn[/B] This was a bit of a mess. Rahn went over a year without wrestling after leaving TCW, and while he's taken part in a lot of matches on the indy circuit, he was still rusty. It also may have been a mistake to push Brandon Smith as a main event attraction, as the fans just aren't willing to buy into that. Although shorter than the semi-final match, this went too long, and suffered badly as a result. A Rahn To The Hills eventually put Smith down for the count after an enthusiastic, but messy, brawl that left Rahn standing tall to end the show. Winner: Genghis Rahn (D) [B]Overall: D[/B] [I](Good enough for the territories. I'll just keep telling myself that...)[/I]

Congratulations to Frankie Perez, who's signed a written deal with NOTBPW. He's a sure-fire success waiting to happen. However, Tim Westybrook may be leaving the Global company. The Stones’ head booker Larry Wood, who should know a thing or two about how to present wild big men, is understood to feel that he has nothing for Westybrook. * Erik Strong has re-signed with SWF. It's good to see one of our guys continuing to prosper in the big leagues. SWF's Christmas Clash featured a genuine MOTY contender as Sexual Aggression toppled Mario Heroic and Chris Caulfield in the main event. No room for Strong, but Ernest Youngman, KC Glenn, Lead Belly, Citizen X and Paul "Windameer" Huntingdon all stared at the lights on the show, while Steve Flash and Steve Gumble defended their North American and Shooting Star titles respectively – in Gumble's case, against de Aske. * [CENTER][B]MAW End Of Days[/B] RCI: “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. Providence RCI: Amazing Fire Fly vs. Aaron Andrews Team Honor and The XX Factor vs. The Canadian Blondes and Always Breakin’ Hollywood "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer Bradford Peverell vs. Genghis Rahn Eddie Powell vs. Sean Deeley Kirk Jameson vs. Firebird[/CENTER]

Archived