MAW: 10 Simple Rules...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suzanne Brazzle and Kristabel Plum vs. Nadia Snow and Jaime Quine vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez and Deborah Young[/B] Bradford Peverell vs. [B]Firebird[/B] Eddie Powell vs. [B]Swoop McCarthy [/B](c) – MAW Traditional title [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley and “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith[/B] vs. Tim Westybrook and Aaron Andrews

[I]OOC: By the time I go to bed tonight, I should be halfway through the ten shows. Interesting how much quicker it is to just play through and not bother writing stuff down - even when things are different. Differences include Summer Showdown pulling a C+ instead of a B-, and as a result NYCW got the show of the month for June. Also, I got a brand new event after the 1st July On Tour show: Michael Ferdinand's bad attitude has resulted in the locker room rising up against him in concern over his antics. That's pretty cool - he is a cancer, but he's a talented one, and as he appears happy to lie down for everyone, it looks like we might find out what would have happened if Jay Chord had come in with comparable talent and attitude, but different parentage :cool: As a celebration of progress, here's the final Nationwide before Beach Blast. But seriously - back up. Regularly. I intend to fill my new 400GB hard drive with TEW saves and music. I urge you to do the same :)[/I] * [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Nationwide Friday, 19th July 2013[/CENTER][/B] [B]Bradford Peverell vs. Firebird[/B] A solid opener, exactly the sort of thing we want our fans to expect from MAW. A sold out Asylum crowd was ready for a night of action, and Firebird and Peverell delivered. On commentary, we noted the issues that both men have had of late, with Firebird in conflict with El Heroe Mexicano, and Peverell in pursuit of his lost Traditional title. Their styles are obviously very different, but Firebird showed off by trading shots with his opponent at one point, showing that age is no barrier to improvement. In the end, he was able to outmanoeuvre his opponent and put him down long enough to score with a Phoenix Firebird Splash for the win. Winner: Firebird (C-) * Firebird took the mic: [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“Light versus dark is the challenge before me. El Heroe Mexicano has set himself in direct opposition to me. He lives his life in the light, and feels somehow that he is able to stand against me. Does he want to be a hero? Does he truly wish to show me the ‘error’ of my ways? Whatever his reasoning, he will be disappointed – my chosen path is correct and proper. Without the darkness, I would be a lesser man, a lesser fighter. Heroe, you are bright and you claim to live in the light, but when I vanquish you this Saturday, you will come to realise the benefits of the darkness...”[/COLOR] * [B]Suzanne Brazzle and Kristabel Plum vs. Nadia Snow and Jaime Quine vs. Joanne Rodriguez and Deborah Young[/B] I'd toyed with the idea of sending this out first, but the dynamic was so unusual that I felt that it warranted a little protection in the cool-down spot on the show. The storyline focused on the interaction between the three women set for the title match at Beach Blast, with their partners never all sharing ring-time. J-Ro made it clear to Young that she was not to go after Snow or Quine. Snow, less readily, returned the favour. This led to the face team taking an awful beating in what essentially became a four-on-two handicap match, although at one point some miscommunication between Young and Snow saw the champion nailing the 240lb monster with a high kick – and Young grabbing her and pressing her high in the air. She held her there for several long seconds before J-Ro managed to convince her to set her down. Young scowled, and tossed Snow into Plum, before turning and leaving the ring – abandoning her partner even as Snow grabbed the downed Plum and hit her with a Blonde Ambition for the win. Winners: Nadia Snow and Jaime Quine (D+) * After the bell, Brazzle slapped Joanne as she rushed to celebrate with Snow. [COLOR="Blue"]“What’s your problem, Joanne?”[/COLOR] she demanded. [COLOR="Blue"]“You’ve been standing between me and Snow for weeks now – what’s she got on you?”[/COLOR] Rodriguez glared at Brazzle. [COLOR="Blue"] “Nothing – I’m just happy that my friend is successful,”[/COLOR] she replied. [COLOR="Blue"]“Your friend...”[/COLOR] Suzanne replied, as Snow looked on, leaning languorously against the turnbuckle. [COLOR="Blue"]“Are you as stupid as you seem? Or is all this just an act?”[/COLOR] Rodriguez didn’t reply. [COLOR="Blue"]“That’s it, isn’t it? You’re not here to help Snow out – you’re waiting to ambush her when you get the chance, aren’t you?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Shut your face,”[/COLOR] Joanne snarled. [COLOR="Blue"]“Not denying it, are you?” [/COLOR]Brazzle said. [COLOR="Blue"]“Nadia, have you really been taken in by this?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Suzanne, darling,”[/COLOR] Snow replied. [COLOR="Blue"]“I have faith in Joanne. She’s never given me any reason to doubt her.”[/COLOR] Suzanne regarded her uncertainly, seemingly unsure of whether Snow was speaking the truth. [COLOR="Blue"]“You see?”[/COLOR] Rodriguez replied. [COLOR="Blue"]“I’d do anything for my friend.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Touching...”[/COLOR] Brazzle replied. [COLOR="Blue"]“But what if I do this?”[/COLOR] Taking a couple of steps back, she suddenly charged forward towards Snow. Before she landed a clothesline, though, Rodriguez was there, throwing herself in Brazzle’s path and taking the attack herself. [COLOR="Blue"]“Huh, what do you know?” [/COLOR]Brazzle asked, looking down at the fallen J-Ro as Snow looked on. [COLOR="Blue"]“Maybe she is legitimate. No offence, Joanne. I’d like to believe that you’re for real, but while I may be optimistic, I’m not completely naïve. The real test will be this Saturday, with the belt on the line. Will you take the bullet then?”[/COLOR] She looked up at Snow, who hadn’t moved. [COLOR="Blue"]“Snow.” “Dear Suzanne,”[/COLOR] Snow replied.[COLOR="Blue"] “Does it bother you that I have such a good friend? I don’t suppose that your endlessly sunny disposition could be a mask to hide your true feelings, could it? Well, I have a date, so I can’t linger – but do let me know if you want to have tea one day. I do believe in helping those less fortunate...”[/COLOR] With that, Snow swept from the ring, only pausing to have the skirt of her attire reattached by her attendant butler, who was then dispatched to collect Rodriguez and carry her up the aisle in Snow’s wake, leaving Brazzle alone in the ring. [COLOR="Purple"]“Women,”[/COLOR] Rip mused. [COLOR="Purple"]“As long as I live, I don’t think I’ll ever understand how their minds work...”[/COLOR] * The camera cut to Rip at the announcers’ table. [COLOR="Purple"]“Last month’s Summer Showdown saw two tremendous matches between Swoop McCarthy and Bradford Peverell, and Eddie Powell and Rudy Velasquez. This month, at Beach Blast, I’ve decided that all four men will be going at it in a Fatal Fourway match. These four are among the brightest lights in the company right now, the main event stars of tomorrow, perhaps. I know that neither pair feels that their issues were resolved last month, so let’s see what happens when we mix them up this Saturday.”[/COLOR] * [B]Eddie Powell vs. Swoop McCarthy (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Traditional title[/COLOR] This was a fun match, very reminiscent of the earlier confrontation with Swoop working a power style against the primarily aerial assaults of Powell. The two put together a tidy match, with Swoop looking more and more like a star every time he competes. With the title on the line, I think most folks knew that the result was going to go Swoop's way, and so it proved as he surprised Powell with a Running Powerslam to look strong going into the weekend. Winner: Swoop McCarthy * Backstage, and Aaron Andrews was glaring at Sara Silverman. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“There was me, thinking that paying Westybrook meant that he was my employee.”[/COLOR] Sara didn’t look up from her laptop. [COLOR="Gray"]“When your cheques started to bounce, Mr. Westybrook needed an alternative source of income. I have been able to secure him a lucrative contract with this company – which means that he now fights those that he wishes to fight, not whom you choose for him to fight.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]“And I suppose you’ll tell me that you have no say in the matter?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Gray"]“Well, I’ve been his agent for only a short time, and secured him a title rematch tomorrow night. And interest in his services have certainly perked up somewhat since I started advertising. Mr. Westybrook’s time is far too valuable to waste on seeking out clients – it is far more efficient to have them come to him, and he can then select the roles that he finds most suitable for his talents.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Fine. At least he can help me get some revenge on Cattley tonight.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Gray"]“Well, perhaps. You see, your record of late has not been impressive. Mr. Westybrook feels that placing you in the ring with the World champion would be an inefficient waste of your talents. Better for you to focus on Brandon Smith, who my research has shown has a weakness when facing someone with your particular talents. Mr. Westybrook will handle the champion. I would advise that you stick to this assignment, should you wish to share in the winner’s side of the purse – I believe that it would be to your considerable benefit at this time...”[/COLOR] Andrews’s face turned red, but he didn’t deny her implication. [COLOR="Gray"]“Good. I shall let Mr. Westybrook know that you have agreed.”[/COLOR] * Jean Cattley was backstage. [COLOR="Navy"]“I’m not a man who talks a lot. I prefer just to get the job done in the ring. I have to speak about Tim Westybrook, though. ‘The Iron Man’ is one of the toughest wrestlers in the world – so tough, in fact, that I don’t know if anyone in this company can beat him. He’s been here for six months now, and he’s never been pinned, never submitted... Considering the talent in MAW, that’s an achievement worth mentioning. If anyone can beat him, though, it’s me – it has to be me. This,”[/COLOR] he slapped the faceplate of the title belt, [COLOR="Navy"]“means that you’re the best. I’ve faced Westybrook, one-on-one, and I didn’t beat him. He didn’t beat me either, but he’d already had a match at that point. I need to know if I can beat him, or I’ll always wonder... “Tomorrow night we’ll go at it one more time. And we’ll find out for certain if my hold on this title is as solid as it has to be for me to be considered the best.”[/COLOR] * [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley and “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. Tim Westybrook and Aaron Andrews[/B] Match of the night honours go to this high-powered tag match, although being the go-home match for the main event, there was even more story involved than usual. On commentary, we noted that this was the third time Cattley and Westybrook had met, with no decisive result as yet. Meanwhile, Brandon Smith was out to prove himself as he went against Westybrook once more. And Andrews was just out to spoil the faces' night. Cattley and Westybrook were shown to be evenly matched, with Westybrook seeming to take pleasure in showing technical skills to stymie Cattley in the early going. Ultimately, in something of a shock, it was Smith who scored the win as he caught Andrews with an Inverted Piledriver. After the bell, Cattley and Westybrook had to be separated by Smith and the referee, the closing image of the show one of them staring one another down. Winner: Cattley and Smith (C) [B]Overall: C[/B] [I]Next: Well, who knows? I know what happened first time around, and it was DRAMA!!! But this time it may just be a Beach Blast preview...[/I]

Guest codey
I don't understand how you got Swoop over enough to be able to get your midcard title so quickly. I've been working with him for 3 months now on a touring schedule and he's still auto pushed to enhancement talent. And my promotion is nowhere near the size of yours.

[QUOTE=codey;616822]I don't understand how you got Swoop over enough to be able to get your midcard title so quickly. I've been working with him for 3 months now on a touring schedule and he's still auto pushed to enhancement talent. And my promotion is nowhere near the size of yours.[/QUOTE] If you only worry about whether he's over enough in your neck of the woods, you can always ignore autopush. Plus, Swoop's been getting TV exposure, and possibly higher match ratings?

[I]OOC: No drama this time around - previously I fired Aaron Andrews (admittedly he only had a week on his contract anyway, but the gesture was important). Feel free to guess how many of the following ways I messed up, resulting in restarts, on my 'quick' play through from my backup... :rolleyes: 1. Misbooked shows - Beach Blast one week early 2. Misbooked shows - Other monthly shows stil booked 3. Misbooked shows - Beach Blast same night as Nationwide 4. Misbooked shows - On Tour matches booked for Nationwide[/I] * Another 0.01 rating. * [CENTER][B]MAW Beach Blast[/B] Suzanne Brazzle vs. Nadia Snow (c) vs. Joanne Rodriguez – MAW Women's title El Heroe Mexicano vs. Firebird Tag team title gauntlet featuring: Always Breakin’ Hollywood (c), Team Honor, The Canadian Blondes, The West Texas Peacekeepers, Ford & Speed and Two Smoking Barrels – MAW Tag team titles “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer Bradford Peverell vs. Eddie Powell vs. Swoop McCarthy (c) vs. Rudy Velasquez (c) – MAW Traditional and All Action titles “Machine” Jean Cattley (c) vs. Tim Westybrook – MAW World title[/CENTER]

[quote=foolinc;617762]You can't complain about misbookings till you screw up a title change. :p[/quote] n00bs! :p [B]MAW Beach Blast[/B] Suzanne Brazzle vs. Nadia Snow (c) vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez – MAW Women's title[/B] [B]El Heroe Mexicano[/B] vs. Firebird [B]Tag team title gauntlet featuring:[/B] Always Breakin’ Hollywood (c), Team Honor, The Canadian Blondes, The West Texas Peacekeepers, [B]Ford & Speed [/B]and Two Smoking Barrels [B]– MAW Tag team titles[/B] [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith[/B] vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer Bradford Peverell vs. Eddie Powell vs. Swoop McCarthy (c) vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez (c) – MAW Traditional and All Action titles[/B] [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley (c)[/B] vs. Tim Westybrook – [B]MAW World title[/B]

Suzanne Brazzle vs. Nadia Snow (c) vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez[/B] – MAW Women's title [I]Time to put the womens belt on the best female wrestler on the roster[/I] [B]El Heroe Mexicano[/B] vs. Firebird [I]You're really getting behind El Heroe Mexicano[/I] Tag team title gauntlet featuring: [B]Always Breakin’ Hollywood (c),[/B] Team Honor, The Canadian Blondes, The West Texas Peacekeepers, Ford & Speed and Two Smoking Barrels – MAW Tag team titles [I]I know people in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones (as my Tag Division isn't much better) but your tag division is really, really MEDIOCRE. ABH are the best of the bunch here and they ain't that great. Perhaps a new team does need to win, to elevate them....aargh but who ? I'll play it safe and stick with the champs.[/I] [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith[/B] vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer [I]BBS wins, as you try desperately to get him properly over as a singles wrestler. [/I] Bradford Peverell vs. [B]Eddie Powell[/B] vs. Swoop McCarthy (c) vs. Rudy Velasquez (c) – MAW Traditional and All Action titles [I]Is this title unification ? or will it be 2/3 falls with a belt on the line in each match. I'd say that Powell wins A belt here , just not sure which and whether or not he wins both belts.[/I] [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley (c)[/B] vs. Tim Westybrook – MAW World title [I]Cattley retains for now and Westybrook gets some heat back with a post match attack.[/I]

[B]MAW Beach Blast[/B] Suzanne Brazzle vs. [B]Nadia Snow (c)[/B] vs. Joanne Rodriguez – MAW Women's title [B] El Heroe Mexicano[/B] vs. Firebird Tag team title gauntlet featuring: Always Breakin’ Hollywood (c), Team Honor, The Canadian Blondes, The West Texas Peacekeepers, Ford & Speed and [B]Two Smoking Barrels[/B] – MAW Tag team titles [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith[/B] vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer Bradford Peverell vs. Eddie Powell vs. [B]Swoop McCarthy (c)[/B] vs. Rudy Velasquez (c) – MAW Traditional and All Action titles [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley (c)[/B] vs. Tim Westybrook – MAW World title

Suzanne Brazzle vs. Nadia Snow (c) vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez[/B] – MAW Women's title [B]El Heroe Mexicano[/B] vs. Firebird Tag team title gauntlet featuring: [B]Always Breakin’ Hollywood (c), [/B]Team Honor, The Canadian Blondes, The West Texas Peacekeepers, Ford & Speed and Two Smoking Barrels – MAW Tag team titles Ah time to honour some contract promises. “[B]Bulldozer” Brandon Smith[/B] vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer Bradford Peverell vs. Eddie Powell vs. [B]Swoop McCarthy (c)[/B] vs. Rudy Velasquez (c) – MAW Traditional and All Action titles Swoop there it is and yeah unification or scramble type? [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley (c)[/B] vs. Tim Westybrook – MAW World title Not yet but soon

Suzanne Brazzle vs. [B]Nadia Snow (c) [/B]vs. Joanne Rodriguez – MAW Women's title El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]Firebird[/B] Tag team title gauntlet featuring: Always Breakin’ Hollywood (c), Team Honor, [B]The Canadian Blondes[/B], The West Texas Peacekeepers, Ford & Speed and Two Smoking Barrels – MAW Tag team titles [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith[/B] vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer Bradford Peverell vs. Eddie Powell vs. Swoop McCarthy (c) vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez[/B] (c) – MAW Traditional and All Action titles “[B]Machine” Jean Cattley [/B](c) vs. Tim Westybrook – MAW World title

[B]MAW Beach Blast[/B] [B]Suzanne Brazzle [/B]vs. Nadia Snow (c) vs. Joanne Rodriguez – MAW Women's title [B]El Heroe Mexicano[/B] vs. Firebird Tag team title gauntlet featuring: Always Breakin’ Hollywood (c), [B]Team Honor[/B], The Canadian Blondes, The West Texas Peacekeepers, Ford & Speed and Two Smoking Barrels – MAW Tag team titles [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith[/B] vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer Bradford Peverell vs. Eddie Powell vs. [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B] (c) vs. Rudy Velasquez (c) – MAW Traditional and All Action titles [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley [/B](c) vs. Tim Westybrook – MAW World title

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;617795] [I]I know people in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones (as my Tag Division isn't much better) but your tag division is really, really MEDIOCRE. ABH are the best of the bunch here and they ain't that great. Perhaps a new team does need to win, to elevate them....aargh but who ? I'll play it safe and stick with the champs.[/I] [/QUOTE] Yeah, I know. I've been meaning to sort this out for a while. You'll see over the next couple of posts that wheels are in motion - one team at least will be split up, and one is likely to be let go entirely. My big problem with writing a diary like this is developing characters for the various workers and, to a lesser extent, developing feuds to go along with them. The tag division has been weak in the diary for those reasons since - at least - Lockdown left, eighteen game months ago or more. A big part of the revision will depend on the way in which the company goes post-Beach Blast. If we renew our TV deal, the tag division will be explicitly focused on the On Tour shows. If we don't, it will become the focus of the Medium shows (That is, of the Big, Medium and Small brands, the tag division will be on the Medium one - but more on that in due course, if it happens...). There is a greater plan going on here, and if anything the reboot has meant me really focusing on what's [I]wrong[/I] with my roster, as I've played through some of the shows from the last three weeks of this diary three or four times, making me realise just how, I don't want to say worthless so we'll go with [I]undeveloped[/I] some of these guys are. After Beach Blast, there'll be a roster review posted. I've settled on nine workers who are - more or less - likely to be cut. Some of these will be replaced, some won't, but the idea ultimately is to have the Traditional and All Action titles becoming explicitly separate from one another. Right now, there's too much overlap from having two midcard belts, so one has to drop down to Low Level. To that end, I expect we'll be cutting the number of tag teams from eight to six - losing two or maybe three current teams (by all means name the ones you really don't care about. I'm at about seven, as I still like Two Smoking Barrels, and am unsure about the Peacekeepers) and maybe bringing one in. I'll then focus on actually giving the teams personalities (the horror!). Part of that may actually be putting the managers I have to use - did anyone else know that, for example, Jenny manages Two Smoking Barrels? So, yeah, it's on the list of things to do. Promise... :D * Elsewhere, I'm caught up to the end of Beach Blast, which is where this whole thing kicked off anyway. Once it's written, I'll post it - but I'm off to Raw tomorrow night, so it may be Tuesday.

[I]Seeing as you sort of asked of it, I'll give me opinion on the teams involved in the Gauntlet match[/I] [B]Always Breakin’ Hollywood[/B] The current champs and right now I feel the tag ranks is the best place for them. They just need stronger challenges to help legitimize their title reign. [B]Team Honor[/B] The other team with recent Tag Title run experience. However there's a feeling of been there, done that with them in the Tag ranks and I wouldn't mind seeing these guys pursue singles run. [B]The Canadian Blondes[/B] They may be former champions but that was long time ago. Perhaps it's time to cut the Blondes from the roster. They're very stale and have been for a long time. [B]The West Texas Peacekeepers[/B] As jobberish as the Blondes, but I kind of like the Peackeepers. There's always a place on the roster for low paid workers just there to do jobs (I take it the Keepers don't get paid alot of dollar) and for me they at least have a bit more personality than the Blondes. [B]Ford & Speed[/B] Without a proper team name, these two always feel like a pair of guys you don't know what to do with thrown together. You either need to get behind them as a team, and that means giving them a proper name/gimmick or split them. [B]Two Smoking Barrels[/B] Only just recently formed, so this pairing should definitely be kept together for the forseeable future.

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;618317] [B]Ford & Speed[/B] Without a proper team name, these two always feel like a pair of guys you don't know what to do with thrown together. You either need to get behind them as a team, and that means giving them a proper name/gimmick or split them. [/QUOTE] True story, Sara Silver was originally brought in with a view to managing these two, as she'd be the perfect catalyst for a change of fortune. Unfortunately, she's on too much money to use as a midcard manager, so we'll have to see what happens with them...

[QUOTE=James Casey;618625]True story, Sara Silver was originally brought in with a view to managing these two, as she'd be the perfect catalyst for a change of fortune. Unfortunately, she's on too much money to use as a midcard manager, so we'll have to see what happens with them...[/QUOTE] Have her make it a stable... She sees some potential in them so takes them on as well. Facilitates a rise in fortunes... Maybe even makes for a jealousy storyline eventually as Westybrook doesn't like Ford & Speed moving up the card nearer to his spot...

[I]OOC: We're baa-aack...[/I] [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Beach Blast Saturday, 20th July 2013[/CENTER] Bradford Peverell vs. Eddie Powell vs. Swoop McCarthy (c) vs. Rudy Velasquez (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Traditional and All Action titles[/COLOR] This was a high-octane opener, exactly what I was hoping for in putting these four men on first. With both titles on the line, it was clear that both faces had the potential to come out of the match as big winners – but while that drove them onwards, the potential for both heels to take a heavy loss kept them on their toes. Equally, the heels weren't able to co-operate for long in defending their titles, as each was clearly conscious of the possibility of capturing a second title. The action see-sawed back and forth wit all four men getting equal chance to show off their moves, and impromptu alliances leading to unusual – but nonetheless effective – double- or even triple-team manoeuvres. Ultimately, it seemed to be the case that the punishment meted out was so even that no one man was so beaten down as to take the pinfall, and the match went to a time limit draw with nothing decided. Winner: No-one (C+) * Tag team title gauntlet featuring: [B]Always Breakin’ Hollywood (c), Team Honor, The Canadian Blondes, The West Texas Peacekeepers, Ford & Speed and Two Smoking Barrels[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Tag team titles[/COLOR] This match was fought under elimination rules, with teams entering every three minutes. The last team standing would take the titles. We kicked off with Two Smoking Barrels and Ford & Speed in the ring, with Josh Jones being the standout performer, showcasing strong technical skills. The champions joined the mix, with Primus Allen going up against Jones as Lenny Brown, Greg Ford and Speed laid waste to Quentin Queen, a Cross Armbreaker from Speed putting the youngster down and his team out of the match. The two heel tandems then tussled for a spell before Team Honor entered the fray, with Lassana Makutsi and Jared Johnson each diving onto one member each of the duelling heel pairs from the top rope. Ford and Brown were left down outside the ring, and Makutsi went after Allen, unleashing a quickfire variety of armlocks that kept the champion on the defence. Johnson, for his part, tied Ford up with a series of leglocks that prevented the brawler from obtaining a vertical base. Seeing their partners in trouble, Brown and Speed attempted to intervene, only to be cut off as the West Texas Peacekeepers joined the fight. Marshall Dillon nearly snapped Brown in half with a spear tackle, while Sheriff Blaze landed a superkick on Speed that sent him flying into the guardrail. The four men brawled outside the ring as Johnson tied Ford up in a Carolina Crossface and, unable to force his way to the ropes, Ford tapped out. Last to enter were the Canadian Blondes, looking unusually focused as Kristen Pearce led them to the ring. Pearce and Buck almost immediately entered into a slanging match with each other as the Blondes circled the ring, looking for an opportunity to enter the fight. They found one in Makutsi, who was half-powerbombed by Allen before Johnson prevented the worst of the move. However, as Allen tussled with the North Carolinan, the Blondes slid into the ring and drilled Makutsi with O, Canada! The pinfall was academic. The match was down to three teams – the Peacekeepers, ABH and the Blondes. Flash Savage dived over the top rope to the outside, flattening Brown, Blaze and Dillon. That left Golden in the ring with Allen and, while that would normally be a mismatch, Allen had been worn down by his battles while Golden was fresh. The battle that followed was much more even, with the well-rounded Golden trading blows with Allen with surprising effectiveness, and the champions seemed to be on the verge of elimination. However, Blaze made the inadvertent save as he dived into the fight, trading punches with both men as Brown, Savage and Dillon scuffled on the outside. Blaze's intervention served to earn him the attention of both is chosen foes, and for his pains he ate a spike piledriver, Golden leaping from the second rope to add extra emphasis to the move. Golden and Allen regarded one another curiously as they faced one another across the ring. They were reinforced by the appearance of their partners, joining them in the ring. The heel tandems stared one another down for a long moment, their respective managers urging them to attack, before they charged forward, Allen nearly decapitating Savage with a lariat, but Golden fairing better as he nailed a low dropkick to Brown's knee, turning the high impact star inside out as he crash landed on the canvas. As quick as a hiccup, Golden was back on his feet, meeting the onrushing Allen with a dropkick that sent the bigger man back into the corner. Charging forward, Golden's luck was in as Brown crawled across his path. Without hesitating, Golden used Brown as a stepping stone to launch himself high into the air, crashing into Allen as Pearce cheered him on. Allen staggered out of the corner, winded and somewhat bewildered by the turn of events. Golden, clearly running on adrenaline, mounted the turnbuckles behind him, leaping off and scoring with a Golden Shower that was enough to snatch the win and, for the fifth time, make the Canadian Blondes the MAW Tag Team champions! Winners: The Canadian Blondes (D) * After the bell, the Blondes celebrated their upset win, their faces displaying the same disbelief present on many fans' faces. Together with Kristen Pearce, they hoisted the titles high as Lenny Brown helped Primus Allen to his feet - before planting him back on the mat with an almighty uranage. The Blondes made their way up the ramp as Haley Buck entered the ring and stood by Brown. [COLOR="Magenta"]"Primus, you cost this team the tag team titles,"[/COLOR] she said, as Brown glowered at his partner. [COLOR="Magenta"]"I had such high hopes for you, and you made an excellent choice in your partner. But despite your strength, despite your speed... You're just not as good as you should be. Your presence deprives Lenny his rightful place at the centre of attention. You cost us a spot on Conan last week, and the producers of Batman passed over Lenny for a role because we insisted on you being a part of the deal... Primus, you've been holding us back, so you're out."[/COLOR] For good measure, Brown punctuated Buck's words by scaling the top turnbuckle and leaping off, crushing the prone Allen with a swanton bomb. [COLOR="Magenta"]"For old time's sake, Primus, we'll leave it here. But consider this a friendly warning. Try and get in Lenny's way, and what you just tasted here will seem like you're back on Hollywood Boulevard, being fed steak by starlets and champagne by stars."[/COLOR] * Lord Geoffrey Windameer was backstage, dressed in his finest suit and with a clipboard under one arm. [COLOR="Blue"]“Greetings, everyone,”[/COLOR] he said, with perfect diction. [COLOR="Blue"]“I am your host, Lord Geoffrey Windameer. Welcome to the first edition of a new segment I’ll be hosting called Windameer’s Wonders. I shall be looking at the great and good of Mid Atlantic Wrestling, analysing their strengths and their weakness, and revealing exactly how they are inferior to yours truly in every way that matters.”[/COLOR] He walked down the corridor, talking over his shoulder to the camera as it followed him. [COLOR="Blue"]“My first subject is a former Tag Team and Six Man champion, and a product of your National Football League. He has been described as one of the brightest prospects of the company… for around six years now. There are those who believe that his undeniable speed and strength will eventually be enough to allow the so-called ‘Bulldozer’, Brandon Smith, to become one of the elite.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“However, as a student of form from my earliest days, I can reveal that this former, heh-hem, football player is nothing more than a flat track bully. Oh, he looks impressive against someone weaker than him, and there are those who lack his all around talent who don’t excel in a way that allows them to outwrestle him. But the simple truth is that Brandon Smith can easily be outwrestled, and in addition he is so reliant on his power that should he face someone his superior in that area, he cannot adapt.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Now, I would not lay claim to superior power to Brandon Smith – I am an honest man, and no fool. But I am certainly capable of outwrestling him.”[/COLOR] He stopped outside the door to Brandon Smith’s locker room. [COLOR="Blue"]“My expert team of assistants have analysed Smith’s abilities, and I have applied the final polish to their plan. I assure you, he can be beaten.”[/COLOR] He rapped on the door, and Smith answered with a scowl on his face. [COLOR="Blue"]“Good evening, Smith. I trust you are ready to be pinned? I shall see you out in the ring.”[/COLOR] With that, he strode off, tapping his clipboard against his leg as he went. Smith glanced at the camera. [COLOR="Blue"]“Y’all know he’s full of hot air. Ah know it too. But what the heck, Ah wasn’t booked tonight, so Ah thought Ah’d give him a shot. And hey, if he has spotted a weakness in mah game, better that I know about it now then when gold depends on it…”[/COLOR] * [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer[/B] This was an above average contest from both men. The storyline was simple enough, with the arrogant Windameer taunting the gifted Smith throughout, riling up the former football star and taking advantage of his temper as much as he suffered for it. However, while Smith was reacting, and getting his licks in, Windameer was the proactive one, dictating the tempo of the match almost from bell to bell, and as the match drew near the ten minute mark, for once he dropped the comedy from his act and unleashed a flurry of offence capped with a High Society for the win. Winner: Lord Geoffrey Windameer (C) * Suzanne Brazzle was walking to the ring, only to find Joanne Rodriguez, Nadia Snow and Snow’s butler coming the other way. [COLOR="Blue"]“I don’t think we have anything more to say to one another,” [/COLOR]Brazzle said, coolly. [COLOR="Blue"]“But it’s good to see that your man has been polishing the belt, Nadia. I see he’s here to do more than just take your skirt off... wherever you are…”[/COLOR] Nadia gasped, but J-Ro stepped in front of her. [COLOR="Blue"]“I knew that you were that kind of cheap little guttersnipe, Suzanne, no matter what you pretend. Jealousy is ugly – and it’s not like you make it any prettier.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Joanne, please,”[/COLOR] Nadia said, recovering her poise and laying a languid hand on Rodriguez’ arm. [COLOR="Blue"]“Do not let her distract you. Far better to wound her in the ring – through my retention of this title she covets so.”[/COLOR] Nadia swept past Suzanne, the butler in her wake. J-Ro lingered behind. [COLOR="Blue"]“Yes, that’s what you want, isn’t it Joanne?”[/COLOR] Suzanne asked. [COLOR="Blue"]“Being such a good friend – it’s not crossed your mind that you could walk out of the match tonight as the champion…”[/COLOR] Suzanne grinned and walked off, as J-Ro glared daggers at her back. * [B]Suzanne Brazzle vs. Nadia Snow (c) vs. Joanne Rodriguez[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Women's title[/COLOR] For much of the match, this contest mirrored the previous night's three-way tag match, with J-Ro and Nadia on much the same page. Rodriguez let Snow, who was wearing a fabulous piece of scarlet designer ringwear, take the lead in handing out a beating to Brazzle, who did her best, but all too often was just unable to compete against her two foes. J-Ro did little in the early going, letting Nadia handle the heavy lifting as her and Suzanne traded blows, stepping in whenever Brazzle looked to be taking control, but mostly letting her friend control the match. As the match went on, however, Rodriguez got more and more involved in the match, showing off as Snow tried to keep it simple. Breaking out some impressive aerial skills, she brutalised Brazzle with a leaping legdrop from the top rope, before launching herself into a moonsault that would have ended the match. Fortunately for Brazzle, she avoided the move and Rodriguez crash landed. Brazzle was able to fight back against Snow, scoring with a Brazzle Dazzle moments later as the distracted Snow found herself out of position. Before Brazzle could capitalise, however, she was targeted by Rodriguez, who took her down with a high dropkick. Slowly, achingly, Rodriguez climbed the turnbuckle once more and took flight for a J-Rocker, but Brazzle pulled Snow in the way of the move, and Rodriguez caught her friend with the finisher. Rodriguez rolled upright, looking down at Snow with an unreadable expression on her face. Before she could make a move, however, Brazzle nailed her with the Brazzle Dazzle, putting J-Ro down and allowing Brazzle to dive on top for the cover to take the MAW Women’s title! Winner: Suzanne Brazzle (C) * Suzanne made her way up the ramp, newly-won title belt held high above her head. In the ring, Nadia stared in disbelief at the fallen Rodriguez, who was clutching her head. Bitter disappointment spread across her face, Nadia helped Rodriguez upright and supported her up the aisle. The camera zoomed in on Rodriguez' face, revealing the same look of disappointment that sat on Nadia's, as Rock wondered aloud whether it came from Nadia losing her title... or J-Ro not being the one to win it... * El Heroe Mexicano entered the ring. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"Firebird takes life so seriously, and he's got lost in his own darkness. He says that it makes him strong, but Firebird, I can tell you that it doesn't. "You see, some say that my speed comes from chasing away from all those jealous boyfriends, or that my agility comes from all those nights on the dancefloor."[/COLOR] He smiled, and shrugged. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"All I know is that I'm El Heroe Mexicano. I love life, and I won't fall in with Firebird's belief in this darkness of his. Firebird, you were something of a hero of mine growing up, a symbol of how you can be a success in life by being honest, and decent. But when you went to the bad, I knew someday I'd have to try and turn you back to the good - that's why I came to MAW. Tonight, I aim to bring that goal to completion."[/COLOR] Firebird's music played, and he stepped out onto the ramp. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]"People keep trying to save me, to show me the error of my ways... I don't know why. El Heroe Mexicano, it's good to know that I was your hero when you were younger. That means I already have a way into your soul. Whether you Fall or not is irrelevant in so many ways, and yet... If you Fall, it will feel so good, it will reaffirm my belief in my path. If you can fall, you who claim to be so bright and true, then I will know that the darkness can claim anyone. And if that’s the case, then the darkness will inevitably claim you all…”[/COLOR] * [B]El Heroe Mexicano vs. Firebird[/B] Mexicano is already one of the best wrestlers around, and he showed that in this match against the man who might be considered his predecessor. The two put forth an aerial exhibition of stunning skill, with seemingly every second move taking them airborne as they clashed over the ring. However, Firebird is no slouch, and unusually for him a lot of his offence took the form of straight up brawling, perhaps as he felt that he couldn’t compete with the younger Heroe in the air, unlike many of his foes. The more experienced Firebird found an edge as he unleashed a flurry of punches that drove Heroe to the mat, stunning him and allowing Firebird to work over the younger man’s legs, torqueing them and depriving him of his speed and agility. With Heroe slowed, Firebird had the better of the closing exchanges, and while his adversary showed spirit in holding on as long as he did, Firebird was able to pick up the win with a Phoenix Firebird Splash. Winner: Firebird (B-) * Before the main event, a new hyped video for Tim Westybrook was shown, narrated by Sara Silverman. [COLOR="Gray"]“This is Tim Westybrook, the Iron Man…”[/COLOR] Westybrook was shown running along a coast line, his footprints in the sand as far as the eye could see. He was still breathing normally, with no hint of sweat on his brow. [COLOR="Gray"]“…he can bench press over 800 pounds…”[/COLOR] Westybrook was shown doing so, and barely straining. [COLOR="Gray"]“…and carry 200 pounds over five miles in less than forty-five minutes…”[/COLOR] This was also shown. [COLOR="Gray"]“…all as part of his daily training regime. He is talented…”[/COLOR] Various TNT Whirlwinds were shown. [COLOR="Gray"]“…powerful…”[/COLOR] Westybrook was shown drilling two opponents at once. [COLOR="Gray"]“…and agile…”[/COLOR] A flying clothesline to Jean Cattley in their first match. [COLOR="Gray"]“…in short, he is the next World champion.”[/COLOR] * [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley (c) vs. Tim Westybrook[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW World title[/COLOR] From the bell, Westybrook dominated the opening exchanges. Without the detriment of a hard match earlier in the show, as he had gone through on the previous event, it seemed that Westybrook would dispose of Cattley with ease. However, as the match passed the ten minute mark, Cattey began to take control of the action. Sara Silverman looked pensive at ringside as her client was pushed back, with the MAW legend by focusing his flurries of offence on Westybrook’s neck. He seemed to be causing some damage to his monstrous opponent, albeit at the expense of considerable pain to himself. Jean continued his assault with his focus on Westybrook’s head and neck, trying to stagger the larger man and take away his sense of balance. He succeeded, to a degree, as Westybrook seemed unsteady on his feet, and unable to use his immense size to his advantage, allowing the champion to control an extended period of the match. Even as Cattley continued his assault, though, Westybrook seemed to gain a second wind, powering up and out of the headlock he was trapped in, and driving Cattley again and again into the turnbuckles. Dragging the champion out of the corner, he tried for a TNT Whirlwind, but Cattley was able to reverse into a DDT that left both men down. At ringside, Silverman appeared concerned, but she watched on in silence as Westybrook struggled to his feet on a count of eight, with Cattley right behind. The two traded blows, Cattley inevitably getting the worse of the blows, but his own shots consistently finding the challenger’s head and driving him back. Eventually, Westybrook launched himself forward with a huge lariat that would probably have ended the match there and then – but Cattley ducked under his arm, and as Westybrook turned, Cattley tried for a Mood Swing, only to be backdropped by Westybrook, who missed an elbow drop as Cattley rolled clear in the nick of time. The match continued with neither man able to build significant momentum, keeping the crowd on the edge of their seats as they went back and forth, too evenly matched for the momentum to settle conclusively with one rather than the other, and too worn down to take advantage of the mistakes each made. Finally, the bell rang for the end of the match, leaving Cattley slumped in the corner of the ring, and Westybrook standing – barely – in the centre, his legs shaking under him as he stared blearily in the champion’s direction. Winner: No-one (B-) [B]Overall: C+[/B] [I](Note: Fulfillment of contractual obligation to Brazzle … Originally, the first match was a B-, the Women’s match a C-, the main event a B, the final score a B- ... Flash Savage, on screen for all of six minutes, was overused. Go figure.) Next: Roster analysis, SWF's latest signing, and some hints for the future...[/I]

Archived