PGHW - Only the Strong Style Survive

Good show, and I liked the backstage interviews with the participants. Musashibo smashing the trophy over Kunomasu, makes me care a little more about the upcoming Glory Crown showdown, it makes Musashibo look desperate to keep his title and that he knows that Kunomasu is a major threat. The Grades could have been a little better, but I think you made the slight error of making the whole show, the tournament alone. With the format being wall to wall tournament matches, the semi finals and finals matches struggled to top the first round match ups. I would have taken a bit of time off the first round matches and slotted a couple of short mid-carder matches after the first and semi final rounds. They probably wouldn't score a great grade, but they would provide the crowd with a bit of a breather and you there's a good chance the grades would have been higher of the semi's and finals.

[CENTER][SIZE="6"][B]Mito Miwa Retires![/B][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o109/hrdcoresidebrns/PGHW%20Dynasty/MitoMiwa.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] In a shocking turn of events, PGHW star Mito Miwa has officially announced his retirement from the in-ring rigors of professional wrestling! Due back any day after a supposedly successful shoulder surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff, the news comes as a complete shock to management. Miwa issued a press release stating that while his desire to return to PGHW was strong, he felt as though he could no longer compete at the level necessary to be competitive, and would rather retire than let the fans down with anything less than a fully-recovered Pride Warrior. This of course has huge implications not only for the company as a whole, but also for Miwa's tag partner Akinori Kwakami. Having been hoping to enter the Elite Tag Series this year with his mentor, Kwakami will now have to face the very real scenario of missing the tournament altogether. Still, experts have speculated that this may be the change that Kwakami needed, and that Miwa's retirement may in fact be a blessing in disguise for the youngster, who will have to prove himself as a singles competitor in the months to follow.

Archived