Beyond Sweat & Tears: Choice #1

Beyond Sweat & Tears: Choice #1  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Beyond Sweat & Tears: Choice #1

• Mid Atlantic Wrestling
    • New York City Wrestling
    • Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling
    • (Ignore them and create a new company)

With my diary having the foundation set as a reality show and bringing some interactivity into my diary i have offered a choice of which promotion to sign with to the readers. The choices are: [QUOTE][B][FONT="Arial"]Pre-Production Meeting Notes:[/B] After putting out feelers to some of the smaller promotions out there, we have had some bites. Our first offer came from Rip Chord of [B]Mid Atlantic Wrestling[/B]. Rip Chord was a legend in the 1980's and a recovering alcoholic, so to get him on the show could make for some excellent television. His promotion MAW is a training ground for todays youngsters and could provide us with some excellent conflicts. Our second offer came from Derek Bradford (aka The Stomper) of [B]New York City Wrestling[/B]. The Stomper is well known to the aging wrestling fans and his promotion NYCW is seen as a final curtain for yesterdays stars. We could use NYCW and its wrestlers to get a nostalgic feel which while bringing in the older viewers, could alienate newer fans to the sport who dont know them. Our final offer came from Mitch Naess of [B]Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling[/B]. Mitch Naess is well known from his days in DaVE and had created his own company after DaVE collapsed. He wants to use the popularity gained from the show to boost PSW up in peoples eyes, and by working with him, we should be able to gain access to DaVE's fans who will be looking for a fix of what they used to see. The one drawback i see of PSW is some of the violence involved in the matches which could put off the non-hardcore fans. The sponsors and suits at Sports America are considering the options and will let us know in a few days which promotion we will agree a deal with.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Which one of these do you reckon would make the best television. The poll will be up for maybe 8 hours or until we have a fairly obvious winner.

Again my first choice is PSW as stated in the other forum. However, if I had a second choice it would be NYCW. Again the characters are golden. You have Sammy the Shark and Spike just to name a couple. It could be really fun to see how you develope them

I picked NYCW, as they have the most $ in their coffers. Personally, I believe the more $ you have, the more potential for "creative freedom" you have. Not that PSW or MAW are struggling, but...well, you know what I mean. I hope...

The lines are closed so your votes will no longer be counted although you may be charged. We recieved 24 votes and as you know, 1 vote is a million people so 24 million of you voted. The results are in: In 4th place was Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling with 3 million. In 3rd place was Mid Atlantic Wrestling with 4 million. In 2nd place was the creation of a brand new company with 8 million So this years winner is New York City Wrestling with 9 million Thank you all for watching and we will see you in the fall for choice #2

Archived