MAW: Rising Up

[CENTER][B]Roster[/B] Antonio Cameron Vessey Casey Valentine Citizen X Curtis Jenkins Dale Clarke – [I]Announcer[/I] Duke Hazzard – [I]Colour Commentator[/I] Erik Strong Ernest Forthdyke-Hume Findlay O'Farraday Flash Savage Huey Cannonball Jay Fair – [I]Referee[/I] Jefferson Stardust Kristin Pearce Marv Earnest – [I]Ring announcer[/I] Max Mayhem Mean Jean Cattley Oscar Golden Ricky Douglas Riley McManus Rip Chord – [I]Road Agent[/I] The Masked Patriot [B]Championship History[/B] [B]Mid Atlantic Championship[/B] December 2005 – July 2006: The Mean Machine July 2006 – February 2007: Steven Parker February 2007 – June 2007: Mainstream Hernandez June 2007 - ?: Erick Strong [B]Mid Atlantic Tag Team Championship[/B] December 2005 – March 2006: D.C. Rayne & Eddie Howard March 2006 – August 2006: Oscar Golden & Flash Savage August 2006 – June 2007: D.C. Rayne (2) & Eddie Howard (2) June 2007 - ?: Oscar Golden (2) & Flash Savage (2) [B]Rip Chord Invitational Challenge[/B] 2006: Mainstream Hernandez 2007: Mainstream Hernandez (2)[/CENTER]

[CENTER]How did I end up here? Three months ago I was booking a backyard wrestling gig in Britain, apparently one of Rip’s people spotted how good of a booker and announcer I am and got in touch with Rip, since apparently Mean Jean wanted to focus on his wrestling over booking. I didn’t even know I was any good. Oh, and by the way, my names Dale Clarke. Now I’m here in Rip’s office, having only started this job yesterday. Rip Chord, Mean Jean Cattley and Marv Ernest are sitting around the table with me. [COLOR="Blue"]Rip Chord: So, how was your first day?[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Dale Clarke: It was good Rip.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]Jean: I think we should get down to business.[/COLOR] I look over at Jean. I can see that he is not sure that I’m the right man for the head booker’s position. I can’t really blame him, I don’t even know if I’m the right man for this job. [COLOR="Blue"]Rip: Right. Here you go kid; this is a list of goals that you must achieve if you plan on keeping this job.[/COLOR] I look down at the piece of paper I was just given. Five bullet points stared back at me. [LIST][*]In two years time, MAW must have at least as much popularity in America as when the goal was set. [*] At the end of eighteen months, Casey Valentine must have reached at least C+ grade momentum. [*] Over the next eighteen months, Antonio must be kept above a B+ momentum. [*] Over the next twelve months you cannot hire or extend the contract of any wrestler who has less than a D- in basics. [*] Over the next twenty two months ou cannot hire or extend the contract of any wrestler who has less than a D- in Safety.[/LIST] I looked up at Rip while cringing inside. [COLOR="Red"]Dale Clarke: These are… doable.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Rip: Good, good. Now, what do you have planned for the Rip Chord Invitational?[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Dale Clarke: I want to include the entire roster, all sixteen men. We hold two small shows between now and the Rip Chord invitational, four qualifying matches on each, with the rest of the tournament on the main show.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]Marv: Don’t you think that will drain our money.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Dale Clarke: Not if done correctly, and it will also gain us popularity.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]Jean: I’m up for it.[/COLOR] I look at Rip Chord, who puts his feet up on the table and with a grin… [COLOR="Blue"]Rip: Right, get to work kid.[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B]MAW Proudly Presents… Make your Mark: Show One Live from The Stanley Hall Friday Week 1 January 2008[/B] [B]All matches are Rip Chord Invitational Challenge Round One Matches[/B] Erick Strong V. Flash Savage Mean Jean Cattley V. Riley McManus Oscar Golden V. Heuy Cannonball Casey Valentine V. Curtis Jenkins [I]Card Subject to change.[/I][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/evlddd/MAW.jpg[/IMG] Make your Mark: Show One Live from The Stanley Hall Friday Week 1 January 2008 Attendance: 107 All matches are Rip Chord Invitational Challenge Round One Matches Erik Strong kicked off the show, cutting a promo on his match later with Flash Savage. Strong promised victory, and guaranteed that he would walk away with the Rip Chord Invitational Cup. D- [B]Casey Valentine defeated Curtis Jenkins in 5:46 by pinfall[/B] Not a great match by any length, but a decent first match of the tournament. Building up Valentine is going to be a problem unless I get him into the ring with somebody who can pull off a good match. [I]Rating: E[/I] After the match Rip Chord himself came down to the ring, and announced that he is giving his support to Casey Valentine, promising that Valentine will win the Rip Chord Invitational Challenge. [B]Oscar Golden defeated Huey Cannonball in 8:34 by pinfall with a Golden Shower[/B] I was really hoping for more from Oscar, but there was a complete lack of chemistry between these two. Golden is definitely a prospect for the future, and with a few big wins could be one to watch for 2008. [I]Rating: E[/I] [B]Mean Jean Cattley defeated Riley McManus in 14:07 by pinfall with a Mood Swing[/B] The best match of the night so far. Jean put on the star performance here, and really held this match together. McManus is a decent talent, and could do well. Mean Jean is definitely one to watch in this tournament. [I]Rating: D[/I] Prior to the main event Flash Savage revealed that he had negotiated with Rip Chord for the main event to also feature the MAW Championship on the line! [B]Mid Atlantic Championship Match Erik Strong defeated Flash Savage in 15:13 by pinfall with a Strong Sault[/B] A good match considering Savage isn’t used to wrestling in the main event. Erik is the current star of MAW, and is one of the wrestlers who I plan to build the show around. [I]Rating: D-[/I] [I]Final Rating: D-[/I] Final Notes: A good first show. Star performance of the night goes to Mean Jean Cattley. The crowd were really against the segments, although they are needed to build the popularity of the wrestlers, which is top priority right now.[/CENTER]

Archived