I am a little confused as to how I can find out my level of importance within a region. Is it simply a case of multiplying my popularity by the importance of the area? If so, has anyoen figured out the grade boundaries for importance yet so I can see how close I am to growing?

This is straight from the help file. If this doesn't answer your question then I have no clue what you want. Using this you can calculate your popularity percentages into importance to check how youre doing. This is a measure of the strategic importance of the region. It is a key figure as it directly impacts a promotion’s size; a promotion with 60% popularity in a region with 25% importance would only actually get 15% towards its size rating (25% of 60). If the importance is set as being too low in too many regions, it can become impossible for promotions to reach certain size levels. It is highly recommended that most regions do not fall below 85% unless there is a good reason.

I'm lost as to what else you need... Look at the Size screen for your promotion. That tells you the Importance needed for the next level and your current importance. You know the grades for each level, because you just quoted one and they're in the help files. You know the Regional Importance values, because they're in the Game World screen (click on the required Flag). You also know your popularity percentage, because it's in the in-game editor. So all you need to do is: [B]Popularity[/B] times 0.[B]RegionalImportance[/B] For example, if you're at 24.5% popularity in the Mid-West, you'd just do: 24.5*0.90 = 22.05% Importance. So to get to E+ from there, you'd need 7.1% more Importance. (29.1 - 22.0) Which is 7.8% (7.1/0.90) more popularity in the Mid-West.

Seing as how this thread was already started and my question was of similar nature i thought I'd take it over :p Is importance now the factor for deciding if your shows improve popularity in a region. For instance: Popularity is B in one region but importance is C+ If my show is a B- would I gain, or lose popularity in that region?

[QUOTE=Grudge;443653]Seing as how this thread was already started and my question was of similar nature i thought I'd take it over :p Is importance now the factor for deciding if your shows improve popularity in a region. For instance: Popularity is B in one region but importance is C+ If my show is a B- would I gain, or lose popularity in that region?[/QUOTE] A promotion's importance in any region is [B]calculated [/B]from a promotion's overness in said region. You would lose overness from your B- show, and THUS, your promotion's overness in said region would fall as well.

Just to clarify, because Actarus just used the word 'overness' three times to mean two different things ¬_¬: Whether or not you gain or lose popularity is worked out based purely on your existing [B]popularity[/B] in a region, like it was before. Your [B]importance[/B] doesn't matter when running shows, not even to determine how many people will show up. It ONLY matters when determining the size of your promotion.

Yea I got ya man, I knew what he ment. I just needed a simple answer like yes or no, I know what they are and the difference. I just wasn't sure if this year was like last year in that a show has to be higher than your promotion's pop to improve it seeing as how we have Importance now. I thought it was just wasn't sure, thx for clarification.

Archived