Need Some Canadian Help!

keefmoon

Okay everyone, here's the deal. In one weeks time I'm going to Canada for the first time (well, I've been to Niagra Falls for a couple of days but that doesn't really count in my eyes!) and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on things to do? I'm going to Toronto or a week and Calgary for two (which annoying means I'll have to put back bringing my diary back by another 3 weeks, but hey). In Toronto I'll be staying about 5 mins from the CN Tower and in Calgary staying with my uncle on the outskirts. Of course I want to go up the CN Tower, I have tickets to see the Blue Jays at the Rogers Centre, I'll be doing a few Calgary Stampede related things and going to see Niagra Falls again and go to Banff. Apart form this, what would you recommend?

Sure, sure. I do like me some hockey, although of cours eit isn't as big over here as it is with you. I'll defintely give it a look. As for the Rockies I most definitely will be going in to them. From what I've seen it looks stunning so I would be stupid not to!

You gotta, gotta, gotta go to the dungeon. Find out where it is, (it's in Calgary right???) and get your a$$ franchised on over there. My brother used to live in Canada, you have to go to Jasper and Banff from the sounds of things. Also, I reckon going into Montreal and that would be neat too with the French influence. Then again, I'm a sucker for French things full stop after going to France earlier this year (best place on Earth, but I think Canada may come close).

Cheers Tristy Banff is an absolute must from what I've heard. My uncle lives in Calgary and he said he's gonna take time off work to take me out there because he thinks it's really worthwhile. As much as I want to go to Montreal, it would probably be a bit too expensive as I'm doing Calgary and Toronto, neither of which is too close form what I understand (and I've gotta say I'm surprised France is your favourite place. I've always been more of an Italy man personally but hope to eventually move out to the States, despite my overwhelming love of being English, but that's off topic.) The Dungeon is a good shout. Does anyone know anything about it, like if you can go to visit it or anything? Would be amazing to give it a looksie. Cheers for the suggestions bud, muchios appreciente.

[quote=keefmoon;449284]Cheers Tristy Banff is an absolute must from what I've heard. My uncle lives in Calgary and he said he's gonna take time off work to take me out there because he thinks it's really worthwhile. As much as I want to go to Montreal, it would probably be a bit too expensive as I'm doing Calgary and Toronto, neither of which is too close form what I understand (and I've gotta say I'm surprised France is your favourite place. I've always been more of an Italy man personally but hope to eventually move out to the States, despite my overwhelming love of being English, but that's off topic.) The Dungeon is a good shout. Does anyone know anything about it, like if you can go to visit it or anything? Would be amazing to give it a looksie. Cheers for the suggestions bud, muchios appreciente.[/quote] Here is the wikipedia for the dungeon [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart_Dungeon"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart_Dungeon[/URL] It says that they were giving tours for it but I don't know if they still are

[QUOTE=keefmoon;449284]...I've always been more of an Italy man personally but hope to eventually move out to the States, despite my overwhelming love of being English, but that's off topic.[/QUOTE] First off, good lad but, dear god, do you scare me sometimes :p. Second, good luck with the trip. Quote The Raven Nevermore

[QUOTE=jamck;449323]Here is the wikipedia for the dungeon [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart_Dungeon"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart_Dungeon[/URL] It says that they were giving tours for it but I don't know if they still are[/QUOTE] Cheers for the link. Interesting, the wording seems to imply you can't which would be a damn shame when you consider pretty much all of my favourite wrestler trained there. [QUOTE=Nevermore;449377]First off, good lad but, dear god, do you scare me sometimes :p. Second, good luck with the trip. Quote The Raven Nevermore[/QUOTE] Ha, thanks! My only thing about England is that I'd only want to live in the south-east, but the real money is in London and I don't want to work in London. I don't speak any other languages so it would have to be US, Canada or Oz really, and so far I've only been to the States which I really liked. Unless you were referring to the love being English bit, which I would be surprised about. Who wouldn't love being English?! Can't believe I'm going tomorrow :eek:

[QUOTE=keefmoon;449966]Ha, thanks! My only thing about England is that I'd only want to live in the south-east, but the real money is in London and I don't want to work in London. I don't speak any other languages so it would have to be US, Canada or Oz really, and so far I've only been to the States which I really liked. Unless you were referring to the love being English bit, which I would be surprised about. Who wouldn't love being English?! Can't believe I'm going tomorrow :eek:[/QUOTE] Nah, it was the combination of you having a soft spot for Italy (as I do, for obvious reasons) and you planning to go and live and work in the states (which we, on my end, do - and I thought I'd mentioned). If you later say you plan on living in New York or Massachusets, it will just get disturbing. ...and now you've just capped it all off with your sentiments about the South-East and London :p. I think you may well be a future incarnation of myself. No, wait, scratch that... I would never support Southend! :D Have a good trip, dude, and be wary of those Frenchies. Quote The Raven Nevermore

For Alberta... The Calgary Stampede is a must. So too Banff (and Jasper and Lake Louise if you can fit them in.) Catching a Calgary Stampeders (CFL Football) game might be good for a laugh. I can't recall how far it is from Calgary but a trip to Drumheller is in order if you're a fan of dinosaurs. The Royal Tyrell Museum is fantastic.

Archived