Question on Unemployment

Just a quick questions regarding been unemployed. Firstly I always start off with the lowest reputation I play TEW like I play Footy Manager been crap at the start and working my way up to glory. In 2007 I found it difficult to either jump from one promotion to another (obviously after having a good reputation), it was also difficult to start unemployed with a low reputation and get a job at the bottom of the pile. Has this changed for 2008 can you start unemployed with no rep and sneak a job with a dodgy promotion or will I be waiting around forever? Cheers in advance.

It depends on the game world. If you start with a low reputation then you will only realistically be able to get a job with a small promotion; if there are not many in the game world then your job prospects are not good. If you're playing with a database where there are many, they're a lot better. You are much better of playing as an employer booker and jumping from promotion to promotion as a career path rather than putting your future in the hands of fate and hoping that a promotion loses its booker.

Thanks guys, I should have mentioned that this relates to the C Verse data and it does make sense that a real world mod or any mod really would be easier to start unemployed as they have a much larger promotion pool. I've just got 2008 about 10 minutes ago so I'm off to see what's changed.

Archived