A New Face: The Story of the Storm.

Katsuya

It's Late 2005. The Wrestling Business in the CornellVerse is getting better. Recently, two new promotions opened up: Australia South Wrestling, a locally based Australian Federation, with only 3 wrestlers signed so far, and F*(k The Rules, a Smaller fed in the USA, with no one signed as it only opened a few days before this story begins. [B]---Phil Chase's Gym---[/B] Chris Halpin had just finished his training with Phil Chase. But his name wasn't Chris Halpin anymore. No, now his name was Stormrider, a mystical masked wrestler. He had his moveset all figured out, including a very special finisher him and Phil had thought up. [U]WRESTLER:[/U] Name: Stormrider Age: 19 Birthdate: March 1986 Nationality: British Size: Middleweight Overness: 0 Everywhere [U]MOVES:[/U] [B]Strikes[/B] [B]Big Cat Pounce - Strike Finisher, to be Renamed to: 200 MPH Smash[/B] Chair Shot To Back Charging Forearm Forearm Blow Forearm To Back Of Head Headbutt Jab Punch Knee Lift Knife Edge Chop Lariat Clothesline Punch Flurry Repeated Knee Lifts Roundhouse Punch Running Clothesline Triple Forearm Blow [B]Standing[/B] Abdominal Stretch Arm Wringer Arm Wringer Smash Arm Wringer Takedown Atomic Drop Belly to Belly Suplex Bodyslam DDT [B]Double Arm DDT - Secondary Standing Finisher, Renamed: Blitzkrieg[/B] Double Leg Trip Drop Toe Hold Fireman's Carry Takedown Front Facelock Full Nelson Hammerlock Hammerlock Drive Implant DDT Inverted Atomic Drop Kneeling Jaw Breaker Neckbreaker Piledriver Ring Apron Ram Ring Post Smash Russian Legsweep Schoolboy Roll Up Short Arm Clothesline Side Headlock Takedown Sleeper Hold Snap Suplex [B]Storm Cloud - Main Finisher. Created by Phil Chase & Stormrider. Inverted Piledriver/Shoulder Breaker, causing heavy damage to the head and arms.[/B] Stump Piledriver Suplex Twisting Face Crusher Twisting Neckbreaker Vertical Suplex [B] Ground[/B] Bow And Arrow Lock Elbow Drop Figure Four Leglock [B]Ground Roundhouse Kick - Ground Finisher, Renamed: Roof Ripper[/B] Knee Drive To Arm Legdrop To Arm Rear Crossface Blows Rear Seated Chinlock Seated Back Kick Seated Punch Flurry [B]Top Rope[/B] Falling Angel Moonsault Kikkawa Flying Knee Super Face Crusher - Top Rope Finisher, Renamed: Fissure [B]Rebound[/B] Backdrop Big Boot Hip Toss Sidewalk Slam Spinebuster [B]Corner[/B] Corner Knife Edge Chop Corner Spear [B]Ocean Wave, Corner Finisher, Renamed: Tsunami[/B] Repeated Shoulder Ram Turnbuckle Smash [B]Ropes[/B] Devine Intervention Disturbing The Peace

SKILLS & ABILITIES: Spirit - 10 Power - 8 Technique - 40 Speed - 4 Psychology - 32 Stamina - 40 Toughness - 21 Charisma - 13 Microphone - 10 Safety - 36 Looks - 62 Respect - 0 DAY 1: So, I'm free from the Gym and on my own. I have $10,000 in the bank, so that's good enough to start off. I immediately phoned Phil, as well as Ricky my Fitness Instructor. We sorted out my regime for now, mainly designed to help bring up my main skills. I figured it wouldn't be that bad if I waited a while to try and build up my microphone work. Then, I went to talk to my agent Jerry. We did some calls with promotions, and my contracts ended up looking like this, with all being Pay per Appearance (except the try outs, for now): 21st Century Wrestling - $20, Opener, Face Australia South Wrestling - $20, Opener, Face 4C - Try Out, Heel Combat Zone Coastal Wrestling - $20, Opener, Face New York City Wrestling - $20, Opener, Face Ring of Fire - $24, Lower Midcarder, Face Ultimate Combat Ring - Try Out, Face United States Pro Wrestling - Try Out, Heel World Level Wrestling - Try Out, Face It was a lucky thing that I was in America at the time, as I had to quickly drive to the USPW show where I was to have my first try out. I got there, and was told I would open the show against T-Rex. Plus, it wouldn't be any normal match. No, my first match would be First Blood. I talked to some people backstage when I arrived, trying to sweet talk the women and got some Psychology Tips from a few of the guys too. I went out there for my first match soon after. [B]MATCH 1: USPW Live Wire First Blood: [U]Stormrider def. T-Rex[/U][/B] Who is this Stormrider! He's apparently been trained by Phil Chase, and he manages to win his first ever match by busting T-Rex open in 13 Minutes. Stormrider managed to stop T-Rex's offense for around 5 minutes, keeping Rex on the ground by using moves which wore down Rex's arm. Rex though took control, and it only took a few powerful slams before Storm was reeling. Storm kept coming back though, using a Devine Intervention to weaken Rex. Rex managed to land his Elevated Powerbomb, but it didn't bust Storm open. A Leaping Piledriver by Rex was blocked, and Storm landed one of his finisher, the 200 MPH Smash (Big Cat Pounce really). He missed on the Ground Roundhouse Kick though, and Rex tried to nail the Leaping Piledriver as Storm was stunned. Storm broke the Piledriver, and clotheslined Rex. He nailed the Ground Roundhouse Kick immediately after, and Rex began to bleed from his forehead. [U]Rating: C+ (Good debut for Stormrider)[/U] Savage Fury def. Cheetah Boy, 2-1 Handicap Eric the Bull & Danny Rushmore def. Al The Hillbilly, 2-1 Handicap Darryl Devine def. Mick Muscles to retain the USPW National Title (Defended: 1) Jim Force & Hell Monkey def. Giant Redwood & Sheik Mustafa Captain USA def. Corporal Doom to retain the USPW World Title (Defended: 1) DAY 2: I woke up and checked me phone. The night before had been great, and I was 1-0 in my proffesional career. T-Rex had been singing my praises to alot of people, and I thought I had the contract. Indeed, when I phoned Jerry, he said he had negotiated a $40 Opener slot with USPW for me. He then faxed me over my schedule for the next 2 weeks Thursday, Week 1: WLW Change the World Friday, Week 1: ASW Payback's A Bitch Saturday, Week 1: UCR Paradise City Sunday, Week 1: WLW Destructive Appetite Thursday, Week 2: WLW Change the World Friday, Week 2: ROF Break Like The Wind Sunday, Week 2: WLW Destructive Appetite I was worried in a way of the time constraints for some of the shows. I knew that ASW probably wouldn't be able to sign enough people by the time the show started on Friday. Therefore, I would probably be able to get a flight from Japan to Portugal, where the UCR show was being held, with a return flight for Destructive Appetite. The trickiest would be between Change the World & Break Like The Wind, but again, RoF didn't have enough people to hold a show most likely. The News Headlines weren't many, in fact there were only 3, all of them involving F*(k The Rules. Gil Thomas had taken over as owner, while American Buffalo had handed his notice into NYCW to become the FTR head booker. Phil Chase phoned me to congratulate me on my win as I was getting my tickets for Japan. He also said that I had roughly gained about 3% overness in America. I figured that was good, and also that the fans liked my style. NEXT UPDATE: WLW, UCR and maybe ASW & ROF.

DAY 4: Japan I arrived at the WLW Show, where I was told I would open the show with Ketsueki Karasu. Backstage, I talked to Karasu and he seemed to be a good guy. I also talked to Emerald Angel, Tic, Insane Machine and the head booker, Haru Kurofuji, with all of them being helpful and giving me some tips for the mic. [B]MATCH 2: WLW Change the World Singles: [U]Stormrider def. Ketsueki Karasu[/U][/B] Win 2 out of 2 for Stormrider, and what a way to do it. Kicking out 3 times from Karasu's Springboard Rana finisher, Stormrider eventually hit his Tsunami finisher to beat Karasu at 15:32. Karasu dominated the opening minutes, before Storm nailed a Kikkawa Flying Knee to knock Ketsueki down. A wave of punches ended with a Russian Legsweep. Karasu fought back, taking a big advantage after Storm missed 2 Devine Intervention's. Storm eventually hit the Devine Intervention, but Ketsueki nailed the Springboard Rana, but a last minute kick out saved Storm. Shortly after, Ketsueki gave Storm the other 2 Rana's, but Storm kept fighting back. Eventually, Karasu missed a fourth Rana, allowing Storm to nearly hit the Storm Cloud finisher, yet to be seen by the world. Ketsueki managed to get into the turnbuckles, and as the referee pulled the two apart, Storm backed up then charged forward to nail the Tsunami out of nowhere. [U]Rating: B- (Great chemisty between the two, with Stormrider continuing to impress.)[/U] Deano Machino & Hachigoro Maeda def. Beetle Kimura & Konosuke Hama Fox Mask def. Ninja Shunji Insane Machine def. Tic Cage: Dark Eagle def. Koji Kojima Awesome Thunder def. Burning Taka****a DAY 5: Still in Japan What a day to wake upto. It appears that as I slept, the whole wrestling world went on a signing and firing frenzy. I want go into too much detail, but the 2 big stories were the releases of Mike Watson & Tadakuni Toshusai from BHOTWG. Phil had left me a message saying my overness in Japan had gone up also by roughly 3%. I phoned Jerry then, who said that the ASW show would defenitely not be going ahead. He then told me that WLW had organised a meeting for later in the day regarding my future. I was confident that I would pass the grade, as much like with T-Rex, Ketsueki had been telling people that I was very talented. LATER THAT DAY I walked out of the boardroom, shaking hands with Great Hisato at the same time. He had just offered me an Opener position for $40 each appearance, which I gladly accepted. I figured that if I was booked on every show this month, I would make $320, and that's just from one promotion! DAY 6 - Europe Travelling = Tiring. Anyway, I'm in Moscow ready for UCR Paradise City. I wouldn't call Moscow Paradise, but who really cares? I'm scheduled against Captain Hero in the opener which should be good. I attempted to sweet-talk the owner, Louis Figo Manico and he seemed pretty cool. Time to fight! [B]MATCH 3: UCR Paradise City Singles: [U]Stormrider def. Captain Hero[/U][/B] There is no stopping this Stormrider kid, or so it would seem. Captain Hero found it out, as despite managing to lock in the Scorpion Deathlock 2 times for a good period of time, Stormrider powered through with two of his Roof Ripper finishers. An even enough start between both wrestlers, before Hero managed to take the advantage. The advantage was quickly lost though when Stormrider went up top and smashed Hero with the Kikkawa Flying Knee. Hero took a big amount of energy from Stormrider though after a Rana, then a Twisting Neckbreaker, before he encountered Devine Intervention from the young rookie. Both men seemed to be dangerously close to losing, especially Stormrider after Hero locked in the Scorpion Deathlock just before the 20 minute mark. Inadvertently, as he freed himself Stormrider knocked the referee out, which meant when he delivered the Roof Ripper there was no one to count. By the time the referee had woken up though, Hero was back in control and locked in the Deathlock for the second time. Stormrider fought out of it once again too many people's shock. Resting in the corner, Stormrider seemed easy prey for a dropkick, but when Hero attempted it, Stormrider slammed him to the mat. Hero jolted up, clutching his head - right into the second Roof Ripper. This time, the referee made the count to award Stormrider win 3 out of 3. [U]Rating: B- (Good match once again, could have been better had they not have tired too quickly)[/U] Cannonball Logan def. Bully Benrubi Mr. Evilness def. Ruud Van Anger White Knight def. The Big Bad Dark Falcon def. Frank De Pain Puffy The Sand Iron Player def. Inky The Squid Boy Louis Figo Manico def. Byron AFTER THE SHOW Louis Figo Manico asked me to come to a private corner. He said that many people had been impressed by my match with Hero, and therefore he offered me the same deal as WLW - $40, Opener position. I accepted quickly, then phoned Jerry & Phil. Jerry agreed it was a good deal, while Phil told me I was off to a great start, and my European overness was upto 3%. I then went to the airport for my return trip to Japan for the next WLW show. NEXT UPDATE: 2 Helpings of WLW!

[B]MATCH 4: WLW Destructive Appetite Singles: [U]Stormrider def. Insane Machine[/U][/B] Stormrider picks up the win, but it seemed like he paid the price for it. After the match, he had to be helped backstage with what appeared to be a concussion. The match itself saw Stormrider once again overcome the odds by beating Insane Machine, despite finding himself locked in the Camel Clutch for a long amount of time. Machine dominated from the start, but Stormrider managed to weaken Machine's arm, allowing him to deliver some Devine Intervention, followed by some Crossface Blows. Machine fought back, and things seemed to go wrong for Storm when Machine got ontop of him for some Seated Punches. A punch seemed to either be a little stiff, or just wrongly positioned, as Storm seemed to struggle to compose himself after the match. Eventually Machine got the Camel Clutch locked in, but Storm guided himself to the ropes and grabbed them. A Glittering Magician Knee failed for Machine, and Storm took the opportunity to deliver the Double Arm DDT finisher he likes to call the Blitzkrieg to win. [U]Rating: C+ (Could have been slightly better, but Stormrider's apparent injury probably dragged this down).[/U] Day....6? No, 8...I think. My head is swimming. I can't remember any of last night, or what other matches there were. I woke up in a hospital bed, I know that. The WLW's American doctor, Dr. Burton said I had suffered a Minor Concussion during my match with Machine. I could wrestle, but I would be stunned slightly during my matches, and I should take it easy. I fell asleep quickly, and when I woke up, I was in Ketsueki's house. Being the cool guy he is, he had insisted I stay with him while I recovered in case things took a turn for the worse. He also told me that Phil had been calling frantically. I managed to phone Phil and told him I would be okay. Phil said I had better take it easy, but I was adamant to wrestle despite his wishes otherwise. He told me my overness had gone up another 2% to 5% overall in Japan, which was very good. I smiled - and fell asleep again. [B]MATCH 5: WLW Change The World Singles: [U]Stormrider def. Ninja Shunji[/U][/B] Perhaps one of the most enjoyable squashes I have ever seen. The people at WLW seem really high on Stormrider, and for good cause. Fighting through his concussion, Storm showed off his devastating Storm Cloud finisher 2 times before the match was over. Shunji began in control for the first 3 or so minutes. Then, Storm absoulutely demolihed him, in this order - Kikkawa Flying Knee, to Devine Intervention, to Rear Crossface Blows, to Figure Four Leglock, to 200 MPH Smash. From the on, Shunji tried to nail a punch here or there, but fell to a Roof Ripper, then the Storm Cloud. It's hard to describe it, but imagine a Vertabreaker/Shoulder Breaker cross. It looks fantastic, that's for sure. A Blitzkrieg followed, then another Storm Cloud and finally a Roof Ripper to end the match. [U]Rating: C+ (Enjoyable Squash, and a longer rematch would be nice.)[/U] Day 12 Having finished my stay in Japan (for now), I caught a plan to Britain for the RoF show. I'm staying with Ketsueki when I get back to Japan after this show. Oh, that's right - I got the schedule for the rest of the month. Friday, Week 2: ROF Break Like The Wind Sunday, Week 2: WLW Destructive Appetite Wednesday, Week 3: CZCW Big Trouble Thursday, Week 3: WLW Change The World Saturday, Week 3: 4C Breakdown Sunday, Week 3: WLW Destructive Appetite Tuesday, Week 4: NYCW Lost In The City Thursday, Week 4: 21CW Number Of The Beast Thursday, Week 4: WLW Change The World Sunday, Week 4: WLW Destructive Appetite Phil also phoned me to tell me I'd done well with my injury the night before, and my overness was upto 6%. Time for Break Like The Wind, and my debut in my home country. NEXT UPDATE: ROF, WLW. OOC: Stormrider's actually Middleweight. The reason behind the contracts is that Storm's trying to get over in as many markets as possible. Plus, ASW probabaly won't have enough people for shows for another 5 months...

Archived