Jack Avatar Comes To WCW! (1991)

[CENTER][B][SIZE=5]WCW Power Hour[/SIZE] Thursday, Week 3, January 1991 Gold Dome Shreveport, Louisiana Attendance: 1,924 Tony Schiavone and Bob Caudle welcome everyone to WCW Power Hour! Our main event for tonight features Beautiful Bobby Eaton taking on the ever-dangerous Dan Spivey! ------ [SIZE=4]Charlie Norris vs. Steve Williams[/SIZE] This match featured the domination of Dr. Death Steve Williams over the Native American Charlie Norris. The crowd wasn't very into the hard-hitting contest, though. And Dr. Death picked up the victory following a Doctor Bomb. Winner: Steve Williams Match Time: 3:34 Match Rating: E ------ [QUOTE][B]A video begins to play... This Tuesday night all the talking is over with. All the sneak attacks are done. It's going to be one on one with Sting trying to take back the WCW World Heavyweight Title from the Nature Boy Ric Flair. It's going to be live and only on pay per view at the Clash of the Champions![/B][/QUOTE] ------ [SIZE=4]World Television Title Match: Tom Zenk defends against Black Bart[/SIZE] The fans are wondering just how Black Bart got a World Television Title shot but here it is. The fans enjoyed this match better than the last one and the Z-Man showed his stuff as he heads toward the Clash to defend that belt against Michael Wallstreet. The Z-Man picked up a win with a Flying Drop Kick! Winner: Tom Zenk Match Time: 3:33 Match Rating: D- Following the match, Zenk was attacked from behind by Michael Wallstreet with Alexandra York by his side. Wallstreet dropped Zenk with the Stock Market Crash and then slid the television title belt over his waist, motioning that he's going to be taking the belt at the Clash. ------ [SIZE=4]Van Hammer vs. Awesome Kong[/SIZE] Another match the fans didn't care for as Heavy Metal Van Hammer took on Awesome Kong. Hammer was a little off his game tonight but these two had some great chemistry inside the ring. Hammer got the pinfall following the Flashback. Winner: Van Hammer Match Time: 4:07 Match Rating: E ------ [QUOTE][B]A video begins to play... It's American pride vs. Russian Superiority at the Clash when the Total Package Lex Luger defends the United States Heavyweight Title against the Russian Nightmare Nikita Koloff! Which country will come out on top? Find out at the Clash of the Champions! Order now and avoid the rush![/B][/QUOTE] ------ [SIZE=4]Badstreet vs. Brian Pillman[/SIZE] The lesser known member of the Freebirds, Badstreet, takes on Brian Pillman in this Light Heavyweight battle. The two had very poor chemistry inside the ring but the fans care a little more for Pillman since he has the upcoming match at the Clash where he will take on Jushin Thunder Liger. Pillman got the victory following a Missle Dropkick. Winner: Brian Pillman Match Time: 3:58 Match Rating: D Following the match, Jim Ross came into the ring. [U][COLOR=RED]Jim Ross[/U] Brian, Brian. I was wondering if I could get a few words with you.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Brian Pillman[/U] Of course, Jim. What's on your mind?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=RED]Jim Ross[/U] We are less than a week away from the Clash of the Champions where you will be taking on japanese star Jushin Thunder Liger for the WCW Light Heavyweight Title belt. Both of you have gone through some great superstars to get there. Any comments as we move toward the Clash?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Brian Pillman[/U] You're right, Jim. Jushin Thunder Liger is a great athlete. He wouldn't be here in WCW if he wasn't. But I am more than ready to match him hold for hold at the Clash of the Champions. I think that I am just as good or better than he is inside the ring and I will prove it when I win the WCW Light Heavyweight Title.[/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]Jim Cain and Tim Parker vs. The Vegas Connection[/SIZE] Cain and Parker were already in the ring when we came back from commercial. The Vegas Connection came down and this was mostly dominance from Vinnie Vegas during this match. He threw Cain and Parker around like they were rag dolls and even nailed Parker with the Snake Eyes before DDP asked for a tag in. Vegas made the tag and Page lined up Parker, nailing him with the Diamond Cutter and making a cover and getting the three count as Vegas gave Cain a big boot inside the ring and the Vegas Connection continue their winning ways. Winners: The Vegas Connection Match Time: 4:48 Match Rating: E ------ Backstage, the focus turns to Paul E. Dangerously [U][COLOR=RED]Paul E. Dangerously[/U] Beautiful Bobby Eaton, I know you're sitting back there preparing for your match tonight with Dangerous Dan Spivey but Dan Spivey will NOT be your opponent at the Clash of the Champions. Your opponent is going to be even tougher than him. He's going to be truly the toughest man on the planet, not to mention the best looking. At the Clash, you better beware because if you think you know who I am going to select, you are in for an awakening.[/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]Bobby Eaton vs. Dan Spivey[/SIZE] And it's main event time with Beautiful Bobby Eaton stepping into the ring with the ever-dangerous Dan Spivey. Spivey attacked Eaton quickly from the opening bell and was relentless in this match, barely letting Eaton catch a breath early on. But the fans were behind Beautiful Bobby and he began to rally back. It took three dropkicks just to knock Spivey off his feet but when Eaton finally did he went up top quickly and it was an Alabama Jam on Spivey! Eaton didn't go for the pin, though. Instead, he went up top and hit a SECOND Alabama Jam before finally covering and hooking the leg: 1...2...3! Eaton wins it and we're out of time! We'll see you at the Clash! Overall Rating: D+ TV Rating: .17 on TBS and .00 on TSN[/B][/CENTER]

[B]Friday, Week 3, January 1991[/B] [B]WCW Power Hour[/B] went off without a hitch and we are heading toward the Clash of the Champions! [B]Universal Wrestling Federation[/B] was given an opportunity to become our developmental league. Several other promotions were approached for working agreements. They are: [b]Border City Wrestling[/b] in Canada, [b]Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libra[/b] in Mexico, [b]All Star Wrestling[/b] in United Kingdom and [b]Catch Wrestling Assocation[/b] in Europe. [B]King Kong Bundy[/B] returned to wrestling today. It is being mulled over offering him a contract but it hasn't been offered just yet. [B]Saturday, Week 3, January 1991[/B] [B]UWF[/B] rejected our advances to become their parent company. Too bad, huh? All of the other working agreements were signed, though. [B]Polynesian Pacific Wrestling[/B] was approached about becoming a developmental league for WCW. [B]Sunday, Week 3, January 1991[/B] [B]WCW Saturday Night[/B] drew a 1.51 rating on TBS. [B]PPW[/B] rejected our offer to become their parent company. [B]Monday, Week 3, January 1991[/B] TSN have sent word that they are unhappy with the ratings of [B]WCW Power Hour,[/B] and want to see improvements. [B]WCW Power Hour[/B] drew a .17 rating on TBS and a .00 rating on TSN. It definitely seems like we'll be losing our [B]WCW Power Hour[/B] on TSN. [B]Tuesday, Week 3, January 1991[/B] This is the day. WCW's [B]Clash of the Champions![/B] Everyone seems ready and we have a great main event lined up.

[CENTER][B][COLOR=BLUE]L I V E this Tuesday night from the Reunion Arena in Dallas, Texas and broadcast on Pay-Per-View[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE=6]WCW CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS XIV![/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=4]MAIN EVENT![/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B]WCW World Heavyweight Title Match: Ric Flair defends against Sting[/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=BLUE][SIZE=4][B]-PLUS!-[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]WCW World Tag Team Titles Match: Doom defends against the Steiner Brothers[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Russian Chain Match, United States Heavyweight Title on the line: Lex Luger defends against Nikita Koloff[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]A Worker Making His Debut vs. Joey Maggs[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Paul E. Dangerously's Athlete vs. Bobby Eaton[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]WCW World Television Title Match: Tom Zenk defends against Michael Wallstreet[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]The Southern Boys vs. The Freebirds[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Sid Vicious vs. El Gigante[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]The Youngbloods vs. Arn Anderson and Barry Windham[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]WCW Light Heavyweight Title Match: Brian Pillman vs. Jushin Thunder Liger[/B][/QUOTE] Predictions/Comments/Questions/Concerns Always Appreciated! Plus extra points if you can figure out the mystery athletes.[/CENTER]

Ah, I remember these days. Give the Patriots a little push. I don't know why but I always liked those guys. I just can't remember who the Nightstalker is. I remember Thomas Rich and Richard Morton.. god that was horrible gimmick for both guys. WCW World Heavyweight Title Match: [B]Ric Flair[/B] defends against Sting WCW World Tag Team Titles Match: Doom defends against [B]the Steiner Brothers [/B] Russian Chain Match, United States Heavyweight Title on the line: [B]Lex Luger[/B] defends against Nikita Koloff [B]The Equaliser (?maybe?)[/B] vs. Joey Maggs Paul E. Dangerously's Athlete [B]('Stunnin' Steve Austin)[/B] vs. Bobby Eaton WCW World Television Title Match: Tom Zenk defends against [B]Michael Wallstreet[/B] The Southern Boys vs. [B]The Freebirds[/B] [B]Sid Vicious[/B] vs. El Gigante The Youngbloods vs. [B]Arn Anderson and Barry Windham[/B] WCW Light Heavyweight Title Match: [B]Brian Pillman[/B] vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

[QUOTE=Tweek It;458230]Ah, I remember these days. Give the Patriots a little push. I don't know why but I always liked those guys. I just can't remember who the Nightstalker is. I remember Thomas Rich and Richard Morton.. god that was horrible gimmick for both guys. WCW World Heavyweight Title Match: [B]Ric Flair[/B] defends against Sting WCW World Tag Team Titles Match: Doom defends against [B]the Steiner Brothers [/B] Russian Chain Match, United States Heavyweight Title on the line: [B]Lex Luger[/B] defends against Nikita Koloff [B]The Equaliser (?maybe?)[/B] vs. Joey Maggs Paul E. Dangerously's Athlete [B]('Stunnin' Steve Austin)[/B] vs. Bobby Eaton WCW World Television Title Match: Tom Zenk defends against [B]Michael Wallstreet[/B] The Southern Boys vs. [B]The Freebirds[/B] [B]Sid Vicious[/B] vs. El Gigante The Youngbloods vs. [B]Arn Anderson and Barry Windham[/B] WCW Light Heavyweight Title Match: [B]Brian Pillman[/B] vs. Jushin Thunder Liger[/QUOTE] Just in case you're interested, the Nightstalker is Bryan Clarke aka Adam Bomb aka Wrath. Thanks for your predictions, though! If anyone else wants to get some in, feel free.

[CENTER][B][SIZE=5]WCW Clash of the Champions XIV[/SIZE] Tuesday, Week 4, January 1991 Reunion Arena Dallas, Texas Attendance: 15,000 Inside the Reunion Arena, the cameras pan around the building as Jim Ross and Gordon Solie welcome everyone to the Clash of the Champions where tonight in our main event we will be seeing Ric Flair defend the WCW World Heavyweight Title against Sting! Jim Ross predicts a Sting win while Gordon Solie predicts a Flair one and we're off to our opening matchup! ------ [SIZE=4]WCW Light Heavyweight Title Match: Brian Pillman vs. Jushin Thunder Liger[/SIZE] The opening matchup is a title match, the finals of the WCW Light Heavyweight Title tournament. Though the fans weren't as into it it was a great back and forth high flying contest between the two that could have been much worse. Pillman went up top for that Flying Dropkick but Liger caught him with a dropkick of his own! Liger looked around for a moment before picking up Flyin Brian and dropping him with a Brainbuster! He floated over and hooked the leg: 1...2...3! We have a new Light Heavyweight Champion! Winner: Jushin Thunder Liger Match Time: 11:04 Match Rating: D+ ------ [U][COLOR=RED]Tony Schiavone[/U] Hello everyone. I hope you've been enjoying the Clash of the Champions so far. I'm Tony Schiavone backstage with the man who will be challenging for the WCW World Heavyweight Title tonight: Sting. Sting, you've got to be excited about this chance tonight.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Sting[/U] Excited? You think I'm excited, Tony? OWWWWWW! Tonight, I win back my WCW World Heavyweight Title. I am ECSTATIC! Ric Flair, tonight in front of all my little Stingers, it's gonna be SHOWTIME, pal! OWWWWW![/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]The Youngbloods vs. Arn Anderson and Barry Windham[/SIZE] Definitely a match showcasing two members of the Horsemen. And both of them came out looking great within this match though the fans were booing them as usual. Anderson got the pinfall on Mark Youngblood following a Gourdbuster. Winners: Arn Anderson and Barry Windham Match Time: 7:38 Match Rating: D ------ [SIZE=4]Sid Vicious vs. El Gigante[/SIZE] Two big men going at it in this match with a member of the Horsemen taking on the 7'7" big man El Gigante. Gigante slapped hands with the crowd as he walked out to the ring. Inside the ring, the two showed some great chemistry with one another as the match went back and forth. Sid Vicious in particular looked very good in this match and he picked up the win following an enormous Choke Slam on El Gigante! Winner: Sid Vicious Match Time: 6:33 Match Rating: C ------ [SIZE=4]The Southern Boys vs. The Freebirds[/SIZE] A semi-short tag team encounter that saw the problems between the two Southern Boys explode in this match. Steve Armstrong spent the majority of the time within the match with Tracy Smothers refusing to tag in much to the boos of the crowd toward him. The Freebirds looked good in this match and just as Tracy Smothers was about to leave the apron Steve Armstrong managed to tag him in and tossed him in over the top rope! Armstrong slipped out of the ring and watched as Michael Hayes hit a DDT on Tracy Smothers and picked up the pinfall victory. Winners: The Freebirds Match Time: 5:33 Match Rating: D+ Smothers slowly recovered following that attack and Steve Armstrong came back out to talk to him but Smothers blindsided him! Smothers choked Armstrong on the ropes and then dropped a big elbow to the back before leaving the ring. ------ [SIZE=4]WCW World Television Title Match: Tom Zenk defends against Michael Wallstreet[/SIZE] The WCW World Television Title was on the line as the Z-Man defending it against Michael Wallstreet. Of course Wallstreet had Alexandra York in his corner and she provided him some guidance whenever the match went wrong for him. Wallstreet was slightly off his game during the match. It took a distraction from Alexandra York for Wallstreet to hit the Write-Off and win the Television Title. Winner: Michael Wallstreet Match Time: 7:44 Match Rating: C- ------ [U][COLOR=GREEN]Ric Flair[/U] Whoooo! Later on tonight, Sting, you are going to have to walk that aisle one more time against the WCW World Heavyweight Champion. I know you've got goosebumps, maybe some butterflies in your stomach but I'd be scared too if I was stepping into the ring with Ric Flair. Tonight, there will be no interference from the Horsemen. Just you and me one on one. Remember to be the man, you have to beat the man and this belt around my waist proves that I am the man. Tonight, Sting, I am going to prove to you that diamonds are forever and so is Ric Flair. Whooooo![/COlOR] ------ [SIZE=4]Paul E. Dangerously's Athlete vs. Bobby Eaton[/SIZE] Bobby Eaton came out to the ring first and began stretching as Paul E. Dangerously walked out with cell phone in hand. He took up the microphone. [U][COLOR=RED]Paul E. Dangerously[/U] Bobby, tonight you better be prepared to meet the best wrestler in the history of WCW and the best looking man in the company. Introducing to you none other than 'Stunning' Steve Austin![/COLOR] The crowd was slightly shocked to see the WCW newcomer walk out and toward the ring. He slid inside, posing for the cameras that went off and shook hands with Paul E. before the match began. This was a pretty good match for Austin's debut here in the company as he went toe to toe and man to man with the veteran Beautiful Bobby Eaton. A good, open back and forth matchup that ended with a cell phone shot from Paul E. and a Piledriver from Austin to get the pinfall victory. Winner: Steve Austin Match Time: 9:44 Match Rating: C- ------ [U][COLOR=RED]Missy Hyatt[/U] Hello everyone, Missy Hyatt back here in the locker room area alongside the Russian Nightmare Nikita Koloff. Nikita, tonight you get a chance to win the United States Heavyweight Title from Lex Luger. Would you really take the belt back to Russia if you won it?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Nikita Koloff[/U] This is part of problem with America: letting women have prominent role in the company to ask stupid questions of Nikita. Yes, I am going to take belt back to Russia to become Russian Heavyweight Championship when I beat Lex Luger in my own Russian Chain match later on tonight. Tonight, Russian Nightmare prove his worth in the ring and prove why he is king of Russian Chain match.[/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]A Worker Making His Debut vs. Joey Maggs[/SIZE] Joey Maggs was already in the ring when a worker came down wearing a red sequined robe and slid inside the ring being handed a microphone. [U][COLOR=RED]Rick Rude[/U] Cut the music! What I would like to have right now is for all you fat, out of shape Dallas, Texas sweathogs to keep the noise down while I take my robe off and show you what a real man is supposed to look like. Hit my music![/COLOR] Rude's music played as he stripped off the robe to boos from the crowd and swiveled his hips. The match itself was all Ravishing Rick Rude inside the ring against Joey Maggs and Rude looked excellent in there. Rude picked Maggs off the mat late in the bout and dropped him with the Rude Awakening neckbreaker before standing over him and swiveling those hips. He planted a foot on Maggs chest and got the 1...2...3! Winner: Rick Rude Match Time: 5:41 Match Rating: C ------ [QUOTE][B]A video begins to play... The video is focused on the United States Title matchup coming up next between Lex Luger and Nikita Koloff and ends with Luger's challenge to make it a Russian Chain match! And that match is coming up...next![/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=4]Russian Chain Match, United States Heavyweight Title on the line: Lex Luger defends against Nikita Koloff[/SIZE] The crowd was pumped for this one as it's another case of United States against Russia. Luger came out to a huge ovation while Koloff came out to the chants of 'U.S.A., U.S.A.' Koloff ignored the chants as best he could as both men got attached to that Russian Chain. The beginning of the match was a power struggle with both men pulling on the chain and moving forward, trying to get more leverage until they met in the center of the ring and exchanged punches! Luger started to get the better of Koloff and lifted him off his feet in a military press slam to the mat! Luger flexed for the crowd, taking in the cheers as he looked over at Koloff with fire in his eyes and got up the U.S.A. chant again! Koloff yelled at the crowd to be quiet and that got them even more riled up. The two men met in the center of the ring and locked up. Koloff with a kick to the gut - Bodyslam on the Total Package. Remember the objective of this match isn't a pinfall or submission but to drag your opponent around and touch all 4 corners. Koloff lashes Luger on the back with that chain. The Russian Nightmare wraps the chain around his fist and punches right against the back of the Total Package. Luger is crawling around the ring and Koloff brings him to one corner, hitting it with his hand. Koloff begins to move toward another corner but Luger grabs the ropes and stops the movement! Luger with rights and lefts to Koloff. Luger kicks Koloff in the gut - high vertical suplex on the Russian Nightmare! Moving to later in the bout, both men have gone back and forth in this one with several corner touches but no one seems able to hit that fourth corner. Nikita sends Luger to the outside and then slides out a different way, taking up the slack on that chain and trying to pull Luger into the ringpost but Luger fights back. Luger holds onto the Russian Chain and Koloff's eyes go wide as Luger yanks on it and it's Koloff who hits the steel ringpost! Luger comes over and rams Koloff into it again and again and Koloff is busted open! Gordon Solie comments that Koloff's face is turning into a crimson mask! Luger slides into the ring and yanks Koloff in by the chain, flexing to cheers from the crowd. He grabs the Russian Nightmare and lifts him up - Human Torture Rack!!! He's got Koloff in the rack! But Koloff uses that big body to fight out of it. Luger grabs Koloff and moves him toward a corner, hitting the turnbuckle but Luger doesn't see Koloff hit the bottom buckle! Luger drags Koloff to the second one and it's touched by both men! Koloff tries to fight slightly against Luger to no avail as Luger brings him to the third turnbuckle and both touch there! One more turnbuckle to go but Luger doesn't realize that Koloff has hit all the turnbuckles as well! Luger brings Koloff toward the final turnbuckle and Koloff rakes his eyes! Luger shoves Koloff back - right into the turnbuckle! Luger comes running in for a big avalanche in the corner, hitting the final turnbuckle as the bell sounds. Luger raises his arms, celebrating as Koloff lies against the turnbuckle. Randy Anderson takes the title belt...and hands it to Koloff! [U][COLOR=RED]Gary Michael Cappeta[/U] Ladies and Gentlemen, your winner of the match and NEW United States Heavyweight Champion The Russian Nightmare Nikita Koloff![/COLOR] Luger is upset in the ring, yelling and trying to figure out what happened! Winner: Nikita Koloff Match Time: 15:04 Match Rating: B- ------ [SIZE=4]WCW World Tag Team Titles Match: Doom defends against the Steiner Brothers[/SIZE] And it's time for another title bout, the WCW World Tag Team Titles on the line as Doom with Teddy Long defend against the Steiner Brothers. A very very good tag team bout here coming off the heels of the Russian Chain match. The Steiner Brothers both stood out as being excellent inside that ring with Rick Steiner hitting Butch Reed with a full-release German Suplex early in the bout and getting a 2 count. Ron Simmons went toe to toe with Scott Steiner on the mat, surprising Scott with some technical wrestling he wasn't ready for. Late in the match, Rick Steiner had been double-teamed for quite some time against both members of Doom but he managed to tag in Scott! Scott went right after the Doom members, knocking Ron Simmons off the apron and hitting Butch Reed with a tilt-a-whirl suplex! Scott got the crowd pumped up and excited as the Dog Faced Gremlin came back in and lifted Butch Reed on his shoulders: Steiner DDT on Reed! Scott made the cover: 1...2...broken up by Ron Simmons! In comes Rick: Steinerline on Simmons! Scott Steiner makes a signal for the end and sends Butch Reed toward the ropes - Frankensteiner! Scott makes the cover and hooks the leg: 1...2...3! We have NEW WCW World Tag Team Champions! Winners: The Steiner Brothers Match Time: 10:45 Match Rating: B- The Steiner Brothers were handed the belts by referee Nick Patrick just in time to get attacked from behind! The crowd booed as Vinnie Vegas dropped Rick with a big boot and did the same to Scott. He lifted Scott Steiner and dropped him with a Snake Eyes on the turnbuckle, sending Scott down to the mat. Rick was slowly getting up and Diamond Dallas Page nailed the Diamond Cutter! The crowd was irate at this attack! The Vegas Connection grabbed the belts and raised them up in the air, leaving the ring with the belts! What a travesty! ------ [QUOTE][B]A video begins to play... This one begins at Starrcade 1990 where Ric Flair was unmasked as the Black Scorpion after losing to Sting inside a cage. It moved on to where Flair beat Sting on WCW Saturday Night for the WCW World Heavyweight Title. And the Horsemen attacks continued. Now tonight there will be no Horsemen, no sneak attacks. It will be one on one Sting vs. Ric Flair. Winner is the WCW World Heavyweight Champion![/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=4]WCW World Heavyweight Title Match: Ric Flair defends against Sting[/SIZE] And it's main event time, folks. This one should go down in the record books as a classic as Sting comes out to cheers from the crowd and then the Nature Boy walks out to boos. Both men looked as focused as they've ever been with Flair wanting to keep the title and Sting wanting to win it back. The two men meet in the center of the ring eye to eye with both men talking trash. Flair shoves Sting and Sting doesn't budge! Sting shoves Flair and down goes the Nature Boy, sliding all the way back into the corner! Flair gets up, fists raised in the air before he runs those hands back through his hair and begins to circle the ring. Sting lets loose an 'OOOWWWWW!' that is returned by the crowd. Flair ducks out of the way of a lock-up and begins to strut from one side of the ring to the other, releasing a 'Whoooo' that is booed by the crowd. The two men finally lock up in the center of the ring and Flair wrenches on a side headlock. He buries his forearm against Sting's head. But the Stinger uses his power, grabbing Flair's arm and beginning to raise it up to an overhead wristlock. Flair cries out and then kicks Sting in the gut to break the hold. Flair brings Sting over to a corner and lays into him with a chop! A second chop and Sting shrugs that one off! Sting turns Flair around into the corner and begins laying into him with rights and lefts! He climbs up the turnbuckle - Monkey Flip on Flair! Flair quickly rolls out of the ring to break Sting's momentum. Later in the match, Flair has made his way back in and has taken the advantage, beginning his usual working on the knee of Sting. At the moment he has Sting in the corner and is laying chop after chop on the red chest of Sting. So far there has been no interference, not even from Woman who is on the outside of the ring standing in Flair's corner. The Nature Boy slams Sting on the mat in the center of the ring and bounces off the ropes - knee drop on Sting! Flair makes the cover: 1...2...kickout! Sting kicked out to some cheers from the crowd! The crowd is chanting Sting's name as Flair locks on a Sleeperhold. It is electric here in Dallas, Texas! Flair is slowly bringing Sting down, putting all of his weight into that Sleeperhold. Slowly Sting slumps down toward the mat and referee Nick Patrick checks on Sting, raising his arm and it falls...once. Nick Patrick signals one time. He raises the arm again...it falls! Nick Patrick signals two times. One more time and Ric Flair will retain the WCW World Heavyweight Title. Sting's arm goes up and falls, no! Sting keeps it in the air at the last minute. waving that arm to rally the crowd behind him. They stomp their feet, clap their hands trying to get Sting back into this one! Sting is slowly getting to his feet. He lays an elbow into Ric Flair's chest and then lifts him up: belly to back suplex on Ric Flair and both men are down! They are both winded and breathing heavy in this one as Nick Patrick begins his ten count. At three, they both begin to stir. At six, Sting and Flair are using opposite ropes to get to their feet. At eight, they're both back up and meet in the center of the ring! Sting tosses punches while Flair uses chops! Flair with a rake to the eyes of Sting! Sting is blinded and throws a punch blindly, Flair ducks and then counters with a chop! Flair ducks another wild punch and gives another chop. Sting feigns a punch and Flair ducks! Flair raises back up and Sting lays into him with right hand after right hand! A boot to the gut! Sting grabs Flair and raises him up military press fashion, making him land throat-first on the top rope but Sting holds that knee that Flair's been working on! He's hurt badly! Flair falls back into a corner and Sting sees it! Sting comes running/limping toward Flair and leaps - STINGER SPLASH - NO!! Flair moved at the last second and Sting hit the turnbuckle hard! Flair with a clip to the back of the knee of Sting and he pulls him to the center of the ring - FIGURE 4 LEGLOCK!! Flair locks it in and Sting cries out in pain! Sting lasts several minutes in the Figure 4 before referee Nick Patrick calls for the bell, declaring the match over. Winner: Ric Flair Match Time: 20:15 Match Rating: B+ Both men have been in a very very hard-fought match here tonight and the Figure 4 is broken as referee Nick Patrick hands Ric Flair the WCW World Heavyweight Title belt. But, wait a second, we have company! Big Van Vader is being led to the ring by Harley Race! They both slide inside the ring and there's a staredown between Vader and Flair for a moment. Sting is barely moving on the mat. And Vader - Splash to Sting! Ric Flair smiles and slips out of the ring, walking away as Big Van Vader and Harley Race put the boots to Sting. Vader moves Sting over into the corner. Sting just got done with a grueling twenty minute encounter with Ric Flair and now Big Van Vader comes off the turnbuckles with a second rope Splash! Big Van Vader grabs Sting and pulls him in...Power Bomb on Sting. The crowd here in Dallas boos as Vader raises his fingers in that 'V' fashion and that's all we have for you here at the Clash. Overall Rating: B[/CENTER][/B]

I was wondering what Bam Bam Bigelow is up to in the game. I always signed him during that time period and had him either team or feud with Vader. I figure he is in WWF around this time period if I remember correctly. Bigelow/Sting versus Vader/Flair.. it could work! Great card. I didn't see Nikita beating Luger, but shockers are always good.

[QUOTE=Tweek It;459294]I was wondering what Bam Bam Bigelow is up to in the game. I always signed him during that time period and had him either team or feud with Vader. I figure he is in WWF around this time period if I remember correctly. Bigelow/Sting versus Vader/Flair.. it could work! Great card. I didn't see Nikita beating Luger, but shockers are always good.[/QUOTE] Bam Bam Bigelow is actually with three different promotions at the moment. He is touring with New Japan and has a P.P.A. contract with UWF and Tri-State Wrestling Alliance. That is definitely an interesting idea though that I may pursue down the road. Thanks for your comments on the card, always fun to toss in the shockers.

[B]Wednesday, Week 4, January 1991[/B] The feedback from fans about the [B]Clash of the Champions[/B] was excellent. Everyone seems to think we struck gold with the show. The PPV Buy Rate for [B]Clash of The Champions[/B] was 2.54. A pretty good start for us. Coming soon? The next [B]WCW Saturday Night[/B] where anything can and probably will happen, including an announcement on [B]Ric Flair's[/B] next opponent.

[CENTER][B][COLOR=BLUE]L I V E this Wednesday night from theBayfront Convention Center in Corpus Christi, Texas and broadcast Saturday night on TBS[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE=6]WCW SATURDAY NIGHT![/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=4]MAIN EVENT![/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B]El Gigante vs. Big Van Vader[/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=BLUE][SIZE=4][B]-PLUS!-[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]WCW World Television Title Match: Michael Wallstreet defends against Van Hammer[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Sam Houston vs. Rick Rude[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Ricky Morton vs. Arn Anderson[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Non Title: Ric Flair vs. Brian Pillman[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Steve Austin vs. Eddie Guerrero[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]The Hardliners vs. The Patriots[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Non Title: The Steiner Brothers vs. Sexton Hardcastle and Christian Cage[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]The Juicer vs. Dean Malenko[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Plus at the end of the show, find out who Ric Flair's opponent will be at WCW Wrestle War![/B][/QUOTE] Predictions/Comments/Questions/Concerns Always Appreciated![/CENTER]

Archived