21CW: Accurate For The Next 100 Years...

[I]I'm not much of a backstory man myself really, and as for this diary, I especially intend there to be little to no outside-of-shows stuff. I'll let the shows/previews speak for this diary, rather than some bollocks about a magic phone call from some owner in the middle of the night :p Enjoy![/I] [CENTER] [IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l304/Weden7/21CW-1.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]Roster[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]Main Event:[/SIZE] [COLOR="Red"] Heels: Joss Thompson w/ Kathleen Lee Stevie Stoat Jonathan Faust[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"] Faces: Pit Bull Brown Adam Matravers w/ Phoebe Plumbridge[/COLOR] [SIZE="5"]Upper Midcard:[/SIZE] [COLOR="Red"]Heels: Nightmare Leo Price w/ Kathleen Lee Rolling Johnny Stones[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"] Faces: DJ Reason Daniel Black Francis[/COLOR] [SIZE="5"]Midcard:[/SIZE] [COLOR="Red"]Heels: Luke Cool Chuck Frisby Mister King Igor Ivanoff Ivan Ivanoff[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Faces: Phillip Cooper Red Dragon[/COLOR] [SIZE="5"]Lower Midcard:[/SIZE] [COLOR="Red"] Heels: N/A[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Faces: Davey London Genocide Agent Suicide Agent Davey Celtic[/COLOR] [SIZE="5"]Openers:[/SIZE] [COLOR="Red"] Heels: Stefan Raynor[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"] Faces: Nate Manchester[/COLOR] [SIZE="5"]Enhancement Talent:[/SIZE] [COLOR="Red"] Heels: Louie Peyton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"] Faces: N/A[/COLOR] [SIZE="5"] Managers:[/SIZE] [COLOR="Red"] Heels: Kathleen Lee[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"] Faces: Phoebe Plumbridge[/COLOR] [SIZE="5"]Tag Teams:[/SIZE] [B]The Anglo-Scots Connection:[/B] Davey Celtic/Davey London [B]The Assassins' Guild:[/B] Stefan Raynor/Louie Peyton [B]The Elimination Agents:[/B] Genocide Agent/Suicide Agent [B] The Ivanoff Brothers:[/B] Igor Ivanoff/Ivan Ivanoff [B]The Takeover:[/B] Joss Thompson/Leo Price [SIZE="5"]Stables:[/SIZE] [B]The Takeover:[/B] Joss Thompson/Leo Price/Kathleen Lee [SIZE="5"]Champions:[/SIZE] [B]21st Century Tag Team:[/B] The Anglo-Scots Connection (Won in July) [B]21st Century United Kingdom:[/B] Daniel Black Francis (Won in December) [B]21st Century World:[/B] Jonathan Faust (Won in July)[/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l304/Weden7/21CW-2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] It's the first Best of British Wrestling of the new year, and what a show we've got lined up for you! The Takeover will be testing their abilities against DJ Reason and Pit Bull Brown, will they be able to prove themselves worthy of the hostile takeover they desire or will they crumble at the challenge? Adam Matravers and Stevie Stoat will be facing off to determine the #1 contender to Jonathan Faust's iron-like grip on the 21st Century World title, a reign that has lasted 6 months and counting! Who will be the next man to face the champion? Talking of Jonathan Faust, he will be in attendance tonight, undoubtedly scouting out his potential opposition! Does he have anything else in store? Nightmare will also be in action against Phillip Cooper, despite the size difference will Cooper be able to pull off an upset in the battle of the young rookies? The round off this action-packed show, The Anglo-Scots Connection will be up against the Ivanoff Brothers in a defence of their 21st Century Tag Team titles! Who will come out on top? All this and more, on 21CW's Best of British Wrestling! [CENTER] [B]21st Century Tag Team Championship:[/B] The Anglo-Scots Connection (c) vs. The Ivanoff Brothers Nightmare vs. Phillip Cooper [B]#1 Contender for 21st Century World Championship:[/B] Adam Matravers vs. Stevie Stoat The Takeover vs. Pit Bull Brown & DJ Reason Also in attendance: [B]21st Century World Champion[/B], Jonathan Faust.[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=Nedew;455223][I]I'm not much of a backstory man myself really, and as for this diary, I especially intend there to be little to no outside-of-shows stuff. I'll let the shows/previews speak for this diary, rather than some bollocks about a magic phone call from some owner in the middle of the night :p Enjoy![/I] [/QUOTE] That's why I started my '07 diary as a guy who hates getting phone calls and leaves them off the hook :D Besides, who uses phones anyway? It should be a magic e-mail

[QUOTE=praguepride;455236]That's why I started my '07 diary as a guy who hates getting phone calls and leaves them off the hook :D Besides, who uses phones anyway? It should be a magic e-mail[/QUOTE] Exactly, I mean i don't have anything against it as some of the diaries that use said plot device are great, but it's just a little bit clichéd by now :D

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l304/Weden7/21CW-2.jpg[/IMG] Thursday, Week 1, January 2008 Recorded at Edgware Hall, London, on Wednesday [B]Steve Smith (SS):[/B] Welcome, ladies and gents, to the first Best of British Wrestling of the new year! I can't wait to see what we've got lined up tonight, it's unbelievable Jeff! [B]Jeff Nova (JN):[/B] Nor me Steve, nor me! We've got the tag titles on the line, The Takeover up against Pit Bull Brown and DJ Reason in the main event, we've got Matravers vs. Stoat, and... well, here's the first match of the night, Phillip Cooper vs. Nightmare! [B] SS:[/B] Should be one to watch! Cooper is the first one, sporting his... interesting fashion choices. Today, his outfit is a vibrant green, which probably has viewers frantically fiddling with their TV dials already. He does his usual playing to the front-row crowd, then hops up into the ring. [B]Phillip Cooper (PC):[/B] Alright then! Who's ready for me up against Nightmare then eh!? He gets a modest reaction for this, still needing to draw the puzzled southerners into it. [B]PC:[/B] Mad for it, come on! If he thinks he can come down here with me and show me anything other than a 3 count for me, he's sadly mistaken this lad! I've got fashion and passion i have, he's got some big tattoos, what's he gonna do with them then eh? Squirt ink at me? Come on then Nightmare, i'll show you the best of Madchester! [B]JN:[/B] He's brave, if I were the size of Cooper i certainly wouldn't sound that confident! [I](D+)[/I] Nightmare obliges to Cooper's request, and comes down to the ring. The referee assumes his position, and we're underway with the first match of the night. [B]Phillip Cooper vs. Nightmare[/B] Well, Cooper may have overestimated his own abilities. He was bouncing off of Nightmare for the whole 3 minutes they were in the ring together, before Nightmare made the inevitable pin for the win. [B]Winner:[/B] Nightmare [I](E+)[/I] [B]SS:[/B] Cooper could talk himself up, but certainly not wrestle as well as he could speak! Unbelievable Jeff! [B] JN:[/B] Did anyone really have their money on him there? Nightmare was bound to win from the start in my book. As they discuss that match, the camera cuts to just outside Edgeware Hall, where we see a limo pull up. The door opens, and out steps 21st Century World Champion, Jonathan Faust. [I](D)[/I] [B]SS:[/B] The champion has arrived, he'll undoubtedly be doing scouting for tonight's #1 contendership match. But he's here already, unbelievable Jeff! Back inside, The Anglo-Scots Connection of Davey's Celtic and London make their way to the ring, clutching onto their belts of 6 months. They are swiftly followed by the Ivanoff Brothers, who ocassionally yell ramblings about 'The Motherland' and such. [B]JN:[/B] I really like these kids, the Anglo-Scots Connection. Davey Celtic is from the same mean streets of Glasgow as me, and I don't need to tell you Steve what London's like eh! [B] SS:[/B] Certainly not Jeff, it's wild out there. They'll be fighting like beavers! [B] 21st Century Tag Team Championship The Anglo-Scots Connection vs. The Ivanoff Brothers[/B] Whilst certainly more even than the first match of the night, it is the certainly the 'Russians' who have the edge here. This advantage stays constant throughout the whole match, and before long we've got new tag champions. [B]Winners and NEW 21st Century Tag Team Champions:[/B] The Ivanoff Brothers [I](E-)[/I] [B]SS:[/B] New year, new tag champions! Unbelievable Jeff! [B] JN:[/B] Well I may have tipped the Connection, but that match just proved me wrong completely! I think they'll back after the titles soon enough though, I'd expect a rematch. After that display though, The Ivanoffs might be pretty keen on granting one! We cut to backstage where Luke Cool (LC) and Mister King (MK) are deep in discussion, Mister King his usual confusing self. [B] LC:[/B] Plenty of lovely ladies in that crowd... I know where i'm headed afterwards, eh, eh, nudge nudge wink wink! [B]MK:[/B] London girls... I'd watch out if I were you. [B]LC:[/B] Skirt is skirt mate, you're not gonna be scaring me with that! [B] MK:[/B] A friend of mine had a london bird once... she seemed just as nice as some of those out there in fact. Bright, bubbly girl she seemed at first. [B]LC:[/B] Seemed? [B] MK:[/B] Yeah, seemed. It didn't last though. Once she'd taken him back to her place, she did the most horrible things to him. You don't want to know where she managed to fit her whole arm... King leans forward and whispers into Cool's ear a horrifying tale of pain and debauchary, and by the time he's finished Cool is looking terrified. Just as King winks at him when he's done, Chuck Frisby (CF) rushes up behind Cool and swiftly spanks him, which sends him nearly through the roof. [B] CF:[/B] Alright duckies! Oooh my dear, Luke, you look awfully flushed, you look like you've had a truck driver from Bristol, that's the certainly the face I was pulling after I had, ooooh i say! Cool says no more, other than shrieking and running away in terror, covering his rear the whole time. King just chuckles to himself and walks away, leaving Frisby to mutter "tut tut, working men.." and go off skipping. [I](D)[/I] With that over, we see a video hyping the upcoming encounter between Adam Matravers and Stevie Stoat, chronicling each mans journey through 21CW thus far. It leaves with a three-way shot of both men with the champion, Jonathan Faust, in the centre. [I](D-)[/I] [B] SS:[/B] This match up next has got me as excited as I've ever been, I can't wait, it'll be a display like no other! [B]JN:[/B] Certainly Steve, I think we can certainly expect a great match here. The #1 Contendership will only add passion to each man! Not only that, do you see who that is in the front row there? None other than Jonathan Faust, the champion himself. I'm sure he'll be taking notes here! [B] #1 Contendership for the 21st Century World Championship Adam Matravers w/ Phoebe Plumbridge vs. Stevie Stoat[/B] Steve and Jeff were spot on with their predictions, as this match was as back and forth as they come. Plenty of near falls and even a plancha or two from Matravers, whereas Stoat tried to keep the match on it's feet, trying to take down Matravers through his intensely paced style. In the end, high-risk triumphed over high-speed, as Matravers got the win and the title shot. [B]Winner and NEW #1 Contender for the 21st Century World Championship: [/B]Adam Matravers [I](D+)[/I] As Matravaers gets his arm raised by the referee, Jonathan Faust (JF) stands up, hops over the crowd barrier, and snatches the microphone from the ring announcer. [B]JF:[/B] Well played there, but it'll take more than a bit of flash to take the belt from around my waist! And you may interested in hearing that I've decided the date for your shot. You'll have to be patient though, as I've pencilled it in for the next Supershow of 21st Century Wrestling: The Great British Challenge 1, this March! Get training Matravers, and I'll see you then. Faust climbs back into the crowd, but instead of resuming his seat walks straight to the exit, clearly have seen and said what he came for. Matravers simply nods at him as he exits, then returns backstage, Phoebe Plumbridge by his side. [I] (D+)[/I] [B]SS:[/B] Well we may have to wait a few months for that match, but i've just been informed of a title defence that's sooner! Next week, we'll see 21st Century United Kingdom Champion, Daniel Black Francis, face off against Rolling Johnny Stones in a title defense, right here on Best of British Wrestling, next week! Unbelievable Jeff! [I](E+)[/I] [B]JN:[/B] I look forward to that, but i'm also impressed by Faust's scheduling there. He's got plenty of time to prepare, and even gets an extra couple of months added onto his reign! Can't fault him for intelligence in doing that! [B]SS:[/B] But on a 21CW Supershow, the pressure will certainly be on him! It'll have to be seen whether or not he can cope with that. [B] JN:[/B] As a World Champion, he's come up against pressure and succeeded. We'll see in March Steve! [B]SS:[/B] Yes we certainly will, but onto more pressing matters. Coming right up is our main event, The Takeover of Leo Price and Joss Thompson up against Pit Bull Brown and DJ Reason. Here we go! The Takeover make their way out, led by their 'executive consultant', Kathleen Lee. All three have smirks firmly imprinted on their faces, clearly borne from confidence. Their opponents, in the form of Pit Bull Brown and DJ Reason make their way out soon after, a make-shift team to fend off the hostile attitudes of the aptly-named Takeover. [B]The Takeover w/ Kathleen Lee vs. Pit Bull Brown & DJ Reason[/B] With the crowd giving this match a well-deserved sense of atmosphere, it only adds to the even display that's on show. Each of the 4 men get themselves a firm slice of involvement, with Lee helping herself to some as well, making sure to distract her foes at every oppurtunity. Her presence proves crucial, as finally DJ Reason has had enough of her as he proceeds to chase her around the outside of the ring. Price occupies him there, leaving Brown to fight a losing battle against Joss Thompson, who manages a 3-count victory against him. [B]Winners:[/B] The Takeover [I] (D)[/I] Thompson doesn't let up though, laying into the downed Brown. Brown's tag partner doesn't fend any better either, as Leo Price has by now got one over him and beating him down against the crowd barrier. He throws his beaten foe into the ring, as Lee follows as well. The trio continue their beatdown, the pleading ref being ignored by them. [I](E+)[/I] Kathleen Lee (KL) acquires a microphone, and she proceeds to start a tirade against the entire promotion. [B]KL:[/B] THIS is the strongest 21CW has to offer against us? The champion has already ran away, and the next best things are these two? That #1 Contender Matravers is NOTHING! He wouldn't stand a chance either of my men, and we are more than willing to prove that! Where is he then? No rushing down to face us? That's right, because he's afraid, and scared, and weak! All of you are! She marches over to Pit Bull Brown and stands over him, smiling briefly before planting a firm boot into his groin, resuming her scowl. [B] KL:[/B] WEAK! That's what you are, 'Pit Bull'! Hah! Give it a rest Harry! You're useless and you know it! You can't fight back, because we're better than you! Face it! She lets out a terrifying cackle at this stage, before directing her attention at the stunned into silence announcers table. [B]KL:[/B] And you two... Jeff, you're an over the hill 'strong'man, and as for your little friend, he wasn't even good enough to talk about football! What business then does he have discussing a REAL sport? This blatant attempt at instigating heat from a largely football supporting crowd works well. [B]KL:[/B] Hah! Listen to all of you! You're gonna be seeing plenty more of us in future, this is our company, you remember that! She points at the semi-concious Brown and Reason, [B] KL:[/B] And you two, you're only the first! We'll gladly sort everyone in this company out! Goodbye Britain, get used to your new leaders! She drops the microphone, rant over, as her triumphant clients play to the crowd. The show fades out, not a word uttered by Nova or Smith. [I] (D+)[/I] [B]Show Rating:[/B] D [I]No prizes for guessing who SS was paying tribute to repeatedly :D I'm not too sure on the layout myself, any suggestions?[/I]

Archived