UFC - Division by division

What i've done is erased all the competition there is only UFC a company owned by me. What I've done is took the best fighters in the world and signed them to the UFC. I take the best fighters from every division and face them off against eachother to see who is the best. i'm currently in the year 2009 a couple top fighters have retired (Liddel, Couture, Henderson) also we have signed some new fresh talent (Newbies who were generated in their place) If there are any fighters whose name you do not see on the roster feel free to post and let me know i'll do my best to sign them. I currently have 2 TV shows UFC Fight Night which gets the fighters who are in the process of rebuilding themselves.....and UFC Rising for the fighters who are trying to make a name.

UFC Rising Fight Card and previews MAIN EVENT Matt Hughes (42-9) VS Dan Lauzon (10-2) [B][U]Matt Hughes[/U][/B] Matt Hughes is already a certified legend in any MMA circle you enter wheather it be in America or anywhere else in the world. With an impressive (42-9) record he has fought the best and beaten them. Matt Hughes is a 2 time UFC Welterweight champion and is looking to win the Lightweight title before father time gets the best of him. Hughes however has lost a step many say and is currently on a 4 fight losing streak. His last fight was a UD loss to another UFC veteran Rich Clementi. Hughes is looking to silence his critics that say his best years are behind him can he get the W? [B][U] Dan Lauzon [/U][/B] Dan Lauzon is a hungry fighter who recently signed with the UFC. At the age of 21 Dan has an impressive record of (10-2). Lauzon is 1-1 inside the octagon losing by TKO to Spencer Fisher back in 2006. His most recent fight was against Cole Miller where he TKO'ed Miller at 1:51 in the 3rd round. Lauzon is looking to make a name for himself and with a win over Matt Hughes it is guaranteed he will.

Fight #2 [U][B]Jeff Curran (30-10-1)[/B][/U] Jeff Curran is a veteran in the fight game with a combined total number of fights at 41. Curran was picked up by the UFC last week and hasn't fought for them since 2004 (he lost a tough fight to Matt Serra via UD). He is currently on a 2 fight losing streak, and has won once in his last 5 fights. His opponant? Another veteran in the fight game............. [B][U]BJ Penn (13-7-1)[/U][/B] BJ Penn is another legend that will be on UFC Rising's fight card this comming sunday. BJ Penn has held both UFC Lightweight and welterweight belts at one time in his career. Since Penn's win over Sean Sherk at UFC 84 he has not only lost the title but also lost another 2 times after. He is currently on a 3 fight losing streak and many believe he has to win this fight in order to turn things around. His most recent loss was to Tatsuya Kawajiri where he was TKO'ed in the third round at 3:23.

Fight #3 [U][B]Nick Diaz (18-8)[/B][/U] Nick Diaz has fought some of the best Lightweights in the world and he is only 26 years old. This is Diaz 2nd tour with the UFC on his first he went 6-4 with the promotion. Since his return he has fought once.....His first fight he fought Joe Stevenson to a win via UD....His second fight however he lost to Mark Hominick via UD. Diaz is looking to get the win this sunday and climb up the ranks towards a title shot can he do it? [U][B]Clay Guida (25-10)[/B][/U] Prior to signing with the UFC Guida held the Strikeforce lightweight title. Since signing with the UFC in January 2007 he has had mixed success. Guida has a record of (3-4) inside the octagon. His last 3 fights have all gone to UD with wins over Corey Hill and Din Thomas his loss came from contender Vitor Ribeiro.

Fight #4 [U][B]Joe Stevenson (29-11)[/B][/U] "Big Daddy" may have the record of a veteran but he is only 27 years old. Joe has seen his stock fall recently as he is currently on a 3 fight losing streak his last a UD loss to Kurt Pellegrino. Many say that Stevenson had his 15 minutes of fame and he was over rated as a fighter. Stevenson is now 6-5 inside the octagon can he get the win this sunday and begin his climb back into a contender's position? [B][U]Melvin Guillard (23-9-2)[/U][/B] Guillard is one of the hardest hitting Lightweights in the division. He has a record inside the octagon of 4-5. He has 2 losses in his last three fights, however his last fight he beat Dominic Cruz in a UD battle. Guillard is looking to put another L to the name of Stevenson this sunday.

Fight #5 [B][U]Manvel Gamburyan (10-3)[/U][/B] Manvel is one of the most under rated fighters in the UFC. Many point out the height disadvantage he faces versus many other taller Lightweights. Manvel holds a record of (3-2) since joining the UFC he has won 2 of his last 3 fights....His last however was a loss to a tough Eddie Alvarez at UFC 97. [B][U]Nate Mohr (9-6)[/U][/B] Nate Mohr was one loss away from being cut from the UFC. The 26 year old had lost 2 fights back to back when he faced Kurt Pellegrino in a rematch at UFC Rising in January of 2009. Pellegrino had gotten the best of Mohr via submission back in 2006 in their first meeting. With a new camp behind him Mohr was able to get the win in their next match 3 years later. Mohr has also faced Gamburyan before the outcome? Manvel won via submission in 2007.

Fight #6 [B][U]KJ Noons (7-3)[/U][/B] KJ Noons has fought once since joining the UFC in May the result? A knockout loss to Jeremy Stephens. Noons is looking to get his first win inside the octagon this sunday. [B][U]Jim Miller (13-2)[/U][/B] Jim Miller is 3-1 in his last 4 fights. since comming to the UFC in August of 2008 he has gained wins over David Baron and Matt Grice. He however lost his last fight via Submission to Joe Lauzon. Miller is looking to get back to his winning ways this sunday.

Fight #7 [B][U]Kurt Pellegrino (12-6)[/U][/B] Pellegrino is a tough lightweight who whenever seems to be losing always makes a rebound. Prior to his last fight which was a UD win over Joe Stevenson he had lost 3 in a row. Since joining the UFC he has garnered a record of 4-5 he is looking to get his winning percentage in the octagon to 500 this sunday VS........... [B][U]Terry Etim (11-2)[/U][/B] Etim has fought 4 times since 2007 he holds a record of 2-2 inside the cage. His 2 loses come from inside the cage....however his last fight against Matt Grice went his way as he was victorious in a UD battle.

Fight #8 [B][U]Gray Maynard (6-1)[/U][/B] Maynard lost his most recent fight by way of knockout versus Luigi Fioravanti. Prior to that he had a 3 fight win streak going for him. Luigi dealt Maynard his first loss how will that effect him this sunday when he takes on......... [B][U]Justin Buchholz (9-3)[/U][/B] Justin is 2-2 inside the octagon in his last fight he avenged a loss versus Matt Wiman at UFC 92. Justin is looking to get his 10th win this sunday and move up the ladder.

Fight #9 [B][U]Matt Veach (9-1)[/U][/B] Matt Veach is comming off a winning streak as he lost his last bout to a tough Thiago Tavares. Many felt Veach was outmatched but he held Thiago to a UD win and showed a lot of heart. [B][U]Abel Cullum (12-3)[/U][/B] Since Joining the UFC Cullum is 1-2 his last fight was against Nate Diaz where Cullum got the win via UD. If Cullum can really be taken serious in the UFC has yet to be seen. Perhaps this sunday will give us an answer.

Fight #10 [B][U]Alvin Robinson (10-5) [/U][/B] Alvin Robinson was once considered a bright prospect by many UFC fans. As of recent he has simply looked horrible. He has lost his last 2 fights to Matt Fiodirosa and Sam Stout. [B][U]Carlos Quinlon (7-1) [/U][/B] Carlos is 1-1 inside the octagon his win came versus Abel Cullum via Knockout. Many actually thought Carlos was going to beat Josh Thompson when they met at June's UFC Fight Night but Thompson handled Carlos with ease. If Carlos can make a splash in the UFC has yet to be seen but after this sunday we will see where he stands among the competition

Lyoto Machida In breaking news Lyoto Machida has been suspended for one year for failing a drug test. The 31 year old was a shoe in to get the next LHW title shot, when UFC Owner Dublin Sky was asked to comment all he could say was " F*cking S*it......it's all son of a b*tch I can't believe it"

Come on now Does it really matter? you must be a picky person....You prob don't like when your coffee is to hot or your water is to cold or when there is to much bacon on your pizza.....But if you want it all in one post next time sure I can do that for ya bud :D

Sorry Sorry I didn't make things very clear this is the card for the "has beens" the bottom of the barrel fighters..in this case lightweights....After this card comes the Fight Night card which has the could be contenders.....and then finally the Pay per view with the Champion right now (Urijah Faber) all these happen within a month......next month I move onto Welterweights....You have to remember I have signed all of the best.....I have a huge roster.....I'm new at this gimme a break if there are any questions I will answer them.....I'm just playing a game I love....I find the results to be interesting so I choose to share.

[QUOTE=Dublin Sky;467001]Results will be posted tomarrow I was wondering if there was a way to paste the results play by play onto here instead of typing it all word for word? any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE] Click on insider, it will allow you to do so.

Well To be honest there are a lot of events.....I hold 3 events a month. I wasn't going to make a thread but I find it to be exciting and I want to share my results I don't care about making things fancy. I wasn't even thinking about making a thread until 2009 i'm not good at this sort of stuff. I enjoy reading the results of other's universes but to be honest I simply just don't have the time to go back on the past year and type out all the past results i'm sorry. Once again if there is a way I can just copy and paste the old results I will, but if I can't and this frustrates you then don't read I don't really care to be honest.

Sunday Week 2 November 2009 Welcome everyone and thanks for watching UFC Rising.....We have an attendance of 1,432 here tonight in Delaware. The first fight of the evening is [U][B]Alvin Robinson VS Carlos Quinlon[/B][/U] Round 1 Robinson starts strongly, hitting two stiff jabs to the gloves, stinging the hands of Quinlon. The third strike is a meaty left hook that narrowly misses. If that had hit, Quinlon may well have been decapitated. Despite leaning backwards, Quinlon throws a mighty kick that explodes across the chest, Robinson staggers back. That was an enormously powerful blow, and Robinson didn't see it coming at all. They circle for a moment, sizing each other up. Quinlon throws a flurry of jabs, but Robinson blocks them easily. A right hand from Robinson lands below the eye, and a straight left glances off the shoulder. Another exchange doesn't see either fighter get an advantage. Robinson throws a heavy left, but Quinlon goes underneath it. Another hard kick from Quinlon, this time smashing into the left thigh. Robinson almost get knocked down. He throws a left hook in retaliation which misses by a mile, and gives Quinlon the chance to hit another big kick, this time to the ribs. The round has been pretty even, with the exception of those kicks by Quinlon which have really made a big difference. As the round comes to an end, it looks like those will make sure that Quinlon wins the round on points. End of the round. Blurcat.com gives that one to Quinlon by 10-9. Round 2 Tentative circling to begin with. They meet in the center, but quickly fall into a clinch. Quinlon gets a nice shot in to the ribs. Robinson gets a pair of punches to the side of the head, but they lacked power. The referee breaks them up eventually. Quinlon presses forward, flicking out straight rights. Robinson leans in to throw a looping left hand. Quinlon avoids it, and it allows him to throw a powerful counter punch that catches Robinson right above the ear. Great punch. Quinlon moves in and throws a devastating right hand. Robinson just about manages to parry it, but it still caught him on the shoulder. Robinson throws a right hand counter, but Quinlon swats it aside and lands a big left to the chest. Robinson clinches up again. So far, Quinlon's power is allowing him to control this round, Robinson is simply being out-gunned thus far. They end up next to the cage. Robinson gets in a couple of nasty right hands to the chest. That's the first time this round that he looks to have actually hurt Quinlon. Quinlon pushes Robinson up against the cage and unloads with three big right hands. One got through and caught Robinson above the left eye, the other two hit home across the chest. Robinson clinches up again to avoid getting obliterated, and the round ends before they are broken up. The round is over. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Quinlon. Round 3 Good start from Robinson, taking Quinlon down almost immediately! Quinlon scrambles though, and gets back to his feet without taking any damage at all. Robinson will be disappointed with that. Quinlon comes in and throws two big right hands, but neither connects, and they put him off balance, allowing Robinson to score with a nice right hook to the side of the head, crunching into the top of the ear. Quinlon felt that one for sure. He stalks Robinson, trying to back him up against the cage. It doesn't work though, Robinson keeps out of the way. Quinlon tries a kick, but Robinson catches the foot and uses it for a trip. Robinson gets Quinlon down for the second time, and this time is right on top of him in guard position. Robinson throws some punches, then tries to pass. Quinlon doesn't allow it, and tries to grab an armbar in response. Robinson easily stops that, and throws some more punches. That becomes the pattern, as the fight falls into a predictable pattern; punches from Robinson followed by a pass attempt, with Quinlon blocking the pass and throwing the occasional punch in response. The round ends like that, just as the referee was about to stand them back up. End of round 3. Blurcat.com gives that one to Robinson by 10-9. The judges scores are unanimous, and give a score of 29-28 to Carlos Quinlon. ** Notes - Carlos Quinlon gets the win and improves to 8-1 (2-1) in the octagon [B][U]Match 2[/U][/B] [B][U]Matt Veach VS Abel Cullum[/U][/B] Round 1 The fighters come together right in the center. Cullum throws out a jab, but Veach bobs out of the way and uses a right hand to glance a blow off the side of the ribs in response. Veach works an angle and storms in suddenly with three crisp jabs and a looping overhand punch, Cullum covered up quickly but at least one of the jabs hit home. Veach is making Cullum look sluggish in comparison, such is the speed and crispness with which he is delivering strikes. Cullum hits a low kick before back-pedalling to avoid a clubbing blow. Cullum looks to be working an angle. They meet in the center to exchange a flurry of strikes that gets the crowd on their feet. Veach got slightly the better of it, he definitely snuck through a right hand that rocked Cullum slightly. Cullum initiates a clinch, and the action grinds to a halt. Cullum looks out of ideas, he is being repeatedly lured into these exchange of strikes, but Veach is clearly winning them. Cullum needs to find some way to deal with them. Not much time left in this round. The referee separates them. Veach tries a speculative high kick, but Cullum saw it coming and was well out of range by the time it came. Cullum tries to work an angle, but Veach is having none of it and fires off a straight right hand to keep him from stepping in. Comfortable round for Veach, he will probably be disappointed not to have done more damage given his dominance of the striking in this round. End of the round. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Veach. Round 2 Slow start, both fighters are throwing tentative punches without threatening anything more powerful. Cullum puts together the first exciting moment, stringing together four punches in quick succession, but Veach defended well. Straight right from Veach in response, but it caught nothing but gloves. They start circling. The referee tells them to fight, the lack of action so far is worrying. They get in close and exchange body shots, Cullum probably getting the slightly better punches in, and then fall into a clinch. That goes nowhere, and the referee separates them. Veach gets a nice kick in just before the time expires, but it's unlikely that is going to stop the judges giving that round to Cullum. That's the end of the round. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Cullum. Round 3 The two fighters circle. Cullum flicks out a couple of jabs, then an unconventinal looping right hand. Veach easily side-steps it, but trips and falls to the ground! He is up quickly, before Cullum could get in. Replays confirm that it was purely a stumble, the punch was well wide of the mark. Veach moves in, ducks under a big right hand, and gets two crisp jabs in before getting smothered into a clinch. One of those jabs landed hard, Cullum is a little rattled. They struggle in the clinch, both throwing small punches to the back and ribs. The referee separates them. Cullum forces Veach back up against the cage, and starts throwing jabs. He looks to be keeping Veach in position, waiting to unload a big punch. Cullum does, lunging in with a huge right cross, but Veach saw it coming and goes underneath it, scoring with a right hand to the gut on the way past. Cullum turns and tries to follow up immediately, but gets tagged with a wicked left hook that drops him to one knee. Cullum is up quickly, causing Veach, who was about to dive in, to back off. Replays show that the punch connected, but Cullum was already going downward to duck the punch, so it wasn't as powerful as first thought. Cullum throws a high kick, but it doesn't do anything but cause Veach to step back. The time expires without anything further of note happening. That's the end of the round. Blurcat.com gives that one to Veach by 10-9. The three judges all give the match as 29-28 to Matt Veach. ** Notes - Veach gets the win in a close fight and is back to his winning ways [B][U]Match 3[/U][/B] [B][U]Gray Maynard VS Justin Buchholz[/U][/B] Round 1 Buchholz comes out fast, but gets hit with a counter right hand strike when he throws a left hand which was too high. Maynard moves in and hits a nice body shot before they clinch. Buchholz gets in a short, sharp jab to the side of the head, it looked to hit right on the ear. Maynard didn't like that, and scores with two knee strikes and a punch to the cheek. They break apart. Maynard swings and hits a nice right hand. Buchholz fires off a series of sharp jabs, all hitting gloves. He throws out a looping left, but gets tagged with a punch to the jaw and stumbles to the ground! Maynard dives in to finish him off, but he scrambles back up quickly and they end up facing off on their feet again. Replays show that the punch barely connected, it was more of a stumble on Buchholz's part than anything else. It might not look that way to the judges though. Maynard looks more confident after that, and puts together a nice chain of strikes, ending with a scathing low kick that catches Buchholz on the outside of the calf. He definitely felt that. Time is running out; Maynard will probably take this round on the judges' score cards, primarily due to that one dubious knock down. That's the end of the round. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Maynard. Round 2 Slow start; nearly a full minute of circling, occasional fakes, and long-range jabs. Neither fighter is creating much. Maynard works an angle, but takes a low kick to the shin when he advances. They clinch, and end up with Buchholz backed up against the cage. Maynard gets a couple of right hands to the body, but his attempts at knee strikes are deflected by Buchholz, who uses his legs well to defend. Maynard pulls free and takes a step back, then powers in a right hand. Buchholz gets out the way, ducks under a second right hand, and backs up to the center. Maynard follows, and we're back to circling. Uninspiring action so far, they've both been fairly devoid of inspiration. Maynard hits a couple of right hands, both hitting gloves, then a left hand to the body that connected. That was the best shot of the round so far. Buchholz tags him with a flicked jab to the cheek, but it had virtually no power on it. Buchholz leans in to a looping left, but it puts him off balance and it's only at the last second that he gets his chin out of the way of a vicious right cross that comes back. If that had hit, we may have had a knock out. Time runs out with them standing, circling again. The round is over. Blurcat.com gives that one to Maynard by 10-9. Round 3 Maynard pushes Buchholz up against the cage in a clinch. Maynard throws a knee, then a couple of short punches to the side of the head. Buchholz pushes him away and steps in to score with an uppercut. Maynard took it flush on the chin and is rocked! Another right hand drops Maynard against the cage, and Buchholz follows up by unloading with a barrage of punches. The referee gets in and pulls Buchholz away, he wins the match by TKO. Buchholz wins via 3rd round TKO with the official time being 1:44. ** Notes - Buchholz surprises many with the turn around win in a devastating fashion [B][U]Match 4[/U][/B] [B][U]Kurt Pellegrino VS Terry Etim[/U][/B] Round 1 Etim is the first to score a meaningful blow, tagging Pellegrino with a jab to the cheek. Pellegrino uses a nice straight left to return fire. Etim comes in to work the body, but Pellegrino saw it coming and uses a quick takedown to put Etim onto the floor, falling into guard. The fight falls into a lull as a pattern develops; Pellegrino punctuating attempts to pass guard with some sharp punches to the body and face, while Etim parries away any big blows and puts all of his effort into making sure Pellegrino doesn't get a better position. Things heat up as Pellegrino manages to break the guard and get through into a half mount. Etim hits a nice clean right hand in response. Pellegrino throws a couple of hard punches to the stomach. He has one leg trapped, and is trying to pull that free so that he can move further up the body and really start pounding away. Etim knows that having the leg trapped is his key to not ending up in huge trouble, and so has it locked up tight. Pellegrino tries a half-hearted attempt at a kimura, but Etim defends it well. The round ends with Pellegrino still unable to transition into side control, although he has landed enough shots to have lit up Etim's upper body with red marks, and definitely won the round on points. The first round is over. Blurcat.com gives that one to Pellegrino by 10-9. Round 2 Quick start to the round from Etim, he comes storming in with a flurry of jabs. Pellegrino defends it well, parrying them away. Nice straight right from Pellegrino connects. Etim gets in close and hits a pair of nice body shots, then they clinch up. Etim pushes Pellegrino back against the cage and goes for a trip, but Pellegrino blocks it. Pellegrino suddenly pushes forward off the cage and uses the momentum to take Etim down to the ground, into guard. Pellegrino fires off a couple of tentative punches, testing out the guard of Etim. Pellegrino tries to pass the guard, but can't, Etim isn't going to let him get a better position, as he knows that Pellegrino will start raining down punches. Pellegrino tries a big right hand, but it's easily defended. Etim gets a punch of his own in, but it didn't connect properly. Pellegrino again tries to get past the guard, but again is foiled. It's turned into a bit of a stalemate, although the referee probably won't stand them up as long as the punches continue to flow. Pellegrino fakes an elbow before trying to pass the guard for a third time, and briefly has side mount, but Etim fought it hard and gets back to guard within seconds. Butterfly guard by Etim, and Pellegrino is having trouble generating any attacking threat. He'll probably win the round as he has been more aggressive, but Etim has defended the danger well. The round ends. Blurcat.com gives that one to Pellegrino by 10-9. Round 3 Flat start to the round, thirty seconds of circling without any actual contact. The fans begin to get a bit restless. Etim is the first to try something, stringing together a couple of jabs and a low kick, but Pellegrino blocked the first two and avoided the latter. A lunge from Etim is meant to set up a punch, but it's clumsy and just leaves him off balance. Pellegrino is quick to react, and gets a great shot to the side of the face in before Etim can cover up. That landed above the left eye and has left an ugly red mark. No cut, but that will start to swell and could give Etim some problems later on. Etim moves in for a right hook, but takes a hard kick to the knee, then is forced to retreat so as not to get caught with the two right hands that follow. Pellegrino is staying on it though, and glances three shots off the gloves of Etim before they wind up in a clinch. That punch above the eye, or maybe the mistake that led to it, seems to have completely thrown Etim off, since that moment he has been comprehensively out-struck and is now in danger of losing this round. They struggle in the clinch, neither fighter managing a great deal more than minor blows. Etim goes for a trip, but Pellegrino cleverly spins out of it and the two fighters are back to circling. Not a great round for purists, it has all been a bit disjointed, but that one shot from Pellegrino may prove decisive. As the round comes to an end, they wind up back in another clinch, with nothing coming of it. The third round is over. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Pellegrino. The three judges all give the match as 30-27 to Kurt Pellegrino. * Notes - Boring fight Pellegrino with an easy win here, his winning % in the UFC is now at 500. [B][U]Match 5[/U][/B] [U][B]KJ Noons VS Jim Miller[/B][/U] Round 1 The two fighters meet in the center with an exchange of jabs, but neither gets anything but gloves or air. They go right into a clinch, with only a few seconds of the match gone. Miller gets a knee to the ribs in, but it wasn't particularly hard. They break. They clinch. Noons hits a knee. Body shot from Miller. Noons goes for a second knee, but gets shoved away. He seems to stumble as he steps backward, and falls to the floor in an awkward moment. Miller is on him fast, and scores with a big punch that landed sweetly. Miller presses the advantage and starts wailing away, although most of the punches aren't landing very well. A few are though, and Noons can't do much more than cover up. An elbow finds its way through, and looked like it landed on the bridge of the nose. Big right hand from Miller, who is expending a lot of energy on this attack. Noons tries to grab a guillotine, but can't get it. Left hand, connects, from Miller. That landed hard on the chin, and that convinces the referee to get in and stop the match. A controversial decision. Miller wins via first round TKO at 1:49. Notes - The referee has been fired as the match was stopped way to early in my eyes and many others. Noons has been a huge disappointment he really needs to step his game up. Miller has been performing well, we'll see how he can do against tougher competition. ** [B][U]Maincard matches..........Match 6[/U][/B] We are live from Delaware being broadcast on HBO tonight we would like to thank our sponser's ESPN, Pepsi, and Budweiser Beer. [B][U]Manvel Gamburyan VS Nate Mohr[/U][/B] Round 1 There is some tentative circling to begin with, before they meet in the center for the first action of the round. It's a tight affair, both fighters heavily using the jab, but Gamburyan looks to get the better of it, landing with one crisp strike to the face in particular. Mohr backs off, a little shaken. Replays show that it landed right on the nose. Gamburyan press the action, forcing Mohr back against the cage and upping the tempo with rapid-fire lefts and rights, bobbing and weaving at the same time to keep from getting caught with a counter punch. Mohr clinches up. Gamburyan is displaying a much more accomplished and confident striking game than Mohr, the technique and speed with which the punches are being delivered is leaving Mohr looking ragged in comparison. The pattern continues once they've been separated, with Gamburyan looking the sharper of the two. He isn't overwhelming Mohr by any means, but he is comfortably controlling the pace and tempo of the round, and preventing Mohr from stamping any sort of mark on it. The round ends. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Gamburyan. Round 2 Slow start; nearly a full minute of circling, occasional fakes, and long-range jabs. Neither fighter is creating much. Gamburyan works an angle, but takes a low kick to the shin when he advances. They clinch, and end up with Mohr backed up against the cage. Gamburyan gets a couple of right hands to the body, but his attempts at knee strikes are deflected by Mohr, who uses his legs well to defend. Gamburyan pulls free and takes a step back, then powers in a right hand. Mohr gets out the way, ducks under a second right hand, and backs up to the center. Gamburyan follows, and we're back to circling. Uninspiring action so far, they've both been fairly devoid of inspiration. Gamburyan hits a couple of right hands, both hitting gloves, then a left hand to the body that connected. That was the best shot of the round so far. Mohr tags him with a flicked jab to the cheek, but it had virtually no power on it. Mohr leans in to a looping left, but it puts him off balance and it's only at the last second that he gets his chin out of the way of a vicious right cross that comes back. If that had hit, we may have had a knock out. Time runs out with them standing, circling again. End of the round. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Gamburyan. Round 3 Gamburyan meets Mohr in the center. They exchange tentative long-range punches. Mohr steps in to press the action, but gets caught with a right hand. Gamburyan scores with a left too, then a crisp jab. Mohr backs off, that exchange did not go in his favour by any means. Gamburyan presses the advantage and gets in a couple more jabs, forcing Mohr onto the back-foot, all the way until he is up against the cage. Gamburyan stands just in range and starts throwing occasional straight rights, forcing Mohr to try and react in time. Mohr parries a few shots away, but also gets caught with a couple. He steps forward and tries to get a clinch, but Gamburyan keeps away from it and continues to flick quick jabs out. Mohr is really getting schooled so far, Gamburyan's hand speed and technique have allowed him to completely control everything about this round, Mohr hasn't been able to generate anything of note. Mohr tries to change that by coming after Gamburyan, but Gamburyan meets him in the center and exchanges punches, again winning the encounter comfortably. The final minute of the round sees Mohr try two more times, and in neither can he manage to break Gamburyan's control. The round is over. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Gamburyan. Manvel Gamburyan wins the match, getting a score of 30-27 from all three judges. ** Notes - Manvel is a bit impressive here tonight while Mohr was a little reminesint of Kalib Starnes. I don't see Mohr being resigned when his contract is up but we'll see. [B][U]Match 7 [/U][/B] [B][U]Joe Stevenson VS Melvin Guillard[/U][/B] Round 1 Guillard doesn't hold back, starting by immediately shooting in for a takedown. Stevenson sprawls and keeps him at bay. Guillard pushes harder, but Stevenson has the much better position and manages to flip him over, putting Guillard on his back. Stevenson gets sucked into his guard though. Stevenson throws out a right hand, parried away by Guillard. The guard is quite tight, for the moment at least Stevenson looks content to stay there and throw some punches. Guillard isn't offering any sort of attacking threat yet, instead concentrating on keeping the strikes from landing. A big punch is driven into the ribs, Guillard thought it was going for the face. Another punch lands in the same place, and a red mark starts to develop. Guillard reaches up and pulls Stevenson down into a clinch, and tries to work an armbar from the bottom. Stevenson defends it easily, and gets in a sharp jab to the face too. He stands up slightly, leaning forward into the guard, and starts throwing some right hands. One gets through, the others are parried. Guillard looked like he might be considering trying to apply a triangle then, as Stevenson was very exposed, but he didn't get a chance due to the ferocity of the punches. Stevenson gets back down to kneeling in the guard. Another right hand lands to the ribs. Guillard fires off two punches from his back, but Stevenson defends them easily by simply leaning backward out of reach. Stevenson stands again, the guard remaining tight around him, and throws another couple of bombs. This time Guillard does try to apply the triangle, and an armbar at the same time, but Stevenson breaks free. Time is ticking down, looks like Guillard will survive this ground and pound attack. The round ends without further note. The first round is over. Blurcat.com gives that one to Stevenson by 10-9. Round 2 Guillard comes out fast, but gets hit with a counter right hand strike when he throws a left hand which was too high. Stevenson moves in and hits a nice body shot before they clinch. Guillard gets in a short, sharp jab to the side of the head, it looked to hit right on the ear. Stevenson didn't like that, and scores with two knee strikes and a punch to the cheek. They break apart. Stevenson swings and hits a nice right hand. Guillard fires off a series of sharp jabs, all hitting gloves. He throws out a looping left, but gets tagged with a punch to the jaw and stumbles to the ground! Stevenson dives in to finish him off, but he scrambles back up quickly and they end up facing off on their feet again. Replays show that the punch barely connected, it was more of a stumble on Guillard's part than anything else. It might not look that way to the judges though. Stevenson looks more confident after that, and puts together a nice chain of strikes, ending with a scathing low kick that catches Guillard on the outside of the calf. He definitely felt that. Time is running out; Stevenson will probably take this round on the judges' score cards, primarily due to that one dubious knock down. End of round 2. Blurcat.com scores 10-9 Stevenson. Round 3 They circle to begin the round. Guillard throws two short jabs, then a long-range looping right hand. Stevenson had to be on his toes to get out of the way, and does. Guillard goes to follow up, and narrowly avoids walking right into a right cross. He bobs underneath it, then comes in fast with a right hand. Stevenson parries it with his gloves, then shoots in and scores with a nice takedown. Guillard tries to sprawl, but was too late and can only pull guard as he crash-lands to the ground. Stevenson fires off a couple of tentative punches, testing out the guard of Guillard. Stevenson tries to pass the guard, but can't, Guillard isn't going to let him get a better position, as he knows that Stevenson will start raining down punches. Stevenson tries a big right hand, but it's easily defended. Guillard gets a punch of his own in, but it didn't connect properly. Stevenson again tries to get past the guard, but again is foiled. It's turned into a bit of a stalemate, although the referee probably won't stand them up as long as the punches continue to flow. Stevenson fakes an elbow before trying to pass the guard for a third time, and briefly has side mount, but Guillard fought it hard and gets back to guard within seconds. Butterfly guard by Guillard, and Stevenson is having trouble generating any attacking threat. He'll probably win the round as he has been more aggressive, but Guillard has defended the danger well. End of round 3. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Stevenson. The official scores are in; two judges give 30-27, the other 29-28, all for Joe Stevenson. ** Notes - Good match, some good first round action....Joe Stevenson looking like his old self here tonight......Melvin showed some promise. [B][U]Match 8[/U][/B] [B][U]Nick Diaz VS Clay Guida[/U][/B] Round 1 The round starts with some tentative striking. Both fighters look to be using their strikes merely to keep the opponent off-balance while they work for an angle for a takedown, rather than actually trying to inflict too much damage. Diaz goes for the first takedown, but Guida has it well-scouted and they merely end up in a clinch. They tussle, ending up all the way back against the cage. Both fighters try trips, but neither gets anything. Finally, the referee steps in and separates them. Guida storms back in almost immediately and takes Diaz down, into guard. It's hard to say whether that was just a good takedown or whether Diaz just had a lapse in concentration. Guida tries to pass the guard but can't, with Diaz employing a rubber guard now. There's a definite stalemate, Diaz is defending very well but isn't really offering any attacking threat or really trying to get out of this predicament. Guida makes a big effort to pass, and manages to get to half guard, but Diaz has him tied up pretty well all the same. Time is ticking away, what has been a very tame round looks set to end without much in the way of highlights. It'll have to go to Guida on points, the takedown is really the only noteworthy thing that has happened. End of the round. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Guida. Round 2 Guida hits some tentative punches, then comes in fast and forces Diaz to back up against the cage, where they clinch. Guida hits a nice body shot, but takes two short punches to the side of the head in return. Diaz tries a trip, but it doesn't go anywhere. They separate, with Guida having to stay sharp to avoid a scorching right hand from Diaz. Guida forces Diaz back against the cage, where they clinch up. Guida has the better position, all the leverage is with him. He uses that to lift Diaz up onto his shoulder, turns...and hits a running slam that gets the crowd going crazy! Big power takedown from Guida. Diaz pulls guard, but he has to be stunned from that. Guida fights his way out into half guard. Big clubbing blow from Guida, Diaz dealt with it well. Guida half-stands, his right leg still trapped between Diaz's, and starts unloading with a barrage of bombing right hands. Diaz takes one right to the jaw, then another smashes hard into his nose. More devastating punches rain down, and the referee pulls Guida off, preventing Diaz from taking any more damage. Official time of the TKO is 4:09 of the second round. ** Notes - I thought Diaz would recover after round 1 but Guida came prepared and ended the fight ground and pound style nice win. [U][B]Match 9 [/B][/U] [B][U]Jeff Curran VS BJ Penn[/U][/B] Round 1 Fast start by Curran, who has thrown three crisp jabs in the first twenty seconds, although none of them got past the gloves. Penn circles, drawing a lunge from Curran, allowing him to score with a nice low kick to the front leg. Curran ignores that and darts in for a takedown, but only ends up holding one leg, Penn hopping on the other to remain vertical. Curran tries to push forward to complete the takedown, but Penn manages to pull them all the way back to the cage before ultimately going down. That's a much better position to be in though, he has his corner right there, and can use the cage to effectively cut off any form of attack to the left hand side of his body. Curran has one leg trapped between Penn's, and is struggling to get it free. He throws a couple of punches, none of them doing much damage, and then tries to work on one of the arms. It might be a kimura that he looking for. Penn defends it well, without fully escaping it, Curran can't really do a lot with it due to how much he is having to stretch to apply it, due to his leg being trapped. Penn suddenly releases the leg and scrambles up, looking to take Curran's back. Curran was ready for it though, and blocks it by pinning a half-standing Penn up against the cage. It's a precarious position for both fighters. Penn throws a couple of short-range punches. Curran gets a leg in and trips Penn, putting him back on the ground, albeit this time in full guard. It was a nice escape attempt from Penn, at least he can take heart from the fact that it resulted in a better defensive position. Time is running out, it looks like this round will end with them in this position. The 1st round ends. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Curran. Round 2 Curran throws two high punches, then steps in for a hook to the body. Nice combination, but Penn defended with ease. They clinch up next to the cage, but a short struggle only ends with them separating and coming back in. They come together, both throwing punches. Curran gets a nice clean shot in, and Penn stumbles backwards and falls to the floor. Curran is on top of him quickly, and unloads with two more big punches, both connect solidly. The referee jumps in and pulls him away before a third is thrown, this match is over by TKO. Replays show the referee may have been slightly early. The official time of the TKO is 1:21 of round 2. *** Notes - BJ Penn is washed up it's official......only last year he was world LW champion and now he is at the bottom of the food chain. [B][U]Main Event [/U][/B] [B][I][U]Matt Hughes VS Dan Lauzon[/U][/I][/B] Round 1 They circle to begin the round. Lauzon throws two short jabs, then a long-range looping right hand. Hughes had to be on his toes to get out of the way, and does. Lauzon goes to follow up, and narrowly avoids walking right into a right cross. He bobs underneath it, then comes in fast with a right hand. Hughes parries it with his gloves, then shoots in and scores with a nice takedown. Lauzon tries to sprawl, but was too late and can only pull guard as he crash-lands to the ground. Hughes throws out a right hand, parried away by Lauzon. The guard is quite tight, for the moment at least Hughes looks content to stay there and throw some punches. Lauzon isn't offering any sort of attacking threat yet, instead concentrating on keeping the strikes from landing. A big punch is driven into the ribs, Lauzon thought it was going for the face. Another punch lands in the same place, and a red mark starts to develop. Lauzon reaches up and pulls Hughes down into a clinch, and tries to work an armbar from the bottom. Hughes defends it easily, and gets in a sharp jab to the face too. He stands up slightly, leaning forward into the guard, and starts throwing some right hands. One gets through, the others are parried. Lauzon looked like he might be considering trying to apply a triangle then, as Hughes was very exposed, but he didn't get a chance due to the ferocity of the punches. Hughes gets back down to kneeling in the guard. Another right hand lands to the ribs. Lauzon fires off two punches from his back, but Hughes defends them easily by simply leaning backward out of reach. Hughes stands again, the guard remaining tight around him, and throws another couple of bombs. This time Lauzon does try to apply the triangle, and an armbar at the same time, but Hughes breaks free. Time is ticking down, looks like Lauzon will survive this ground and pound attack. The round ends without further note. End of round 1. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Hughes. Round 2 The round starts with some tentative striking. Both fighters look to be using their strikes merely to keep the opponent off-balance while they work for an angle for a takedown, rather than actually trying to inflict too much damage. Lauzon goes for the first takedown, but Hughes has it well-scouted and they merely end up in a clinch. They tussle, ending up all the way back against the cage. Both fighters try trips, but neither gets anything. Finally, the referee steps in and separates them. Hughes storms back in almost immediately and takes Lauzon down, into guard. It's hard to say whether that was just a good takedown or whether Lauzon just had a lapse in concentration. Hughes tries to pass the guard but can't, with Lauzon employing a rubber guard now. There's a definite stalemate, Lauzon is defending very well but isn't really offering any attacking threat or really trying to get out of this predicament. Hughes makes a big effort to pass, and manages to get to half guard, but Lauzon has him tied up pretty well all the same. Time is ticking away, what has been a very tame round looks set to end without much in the way of highlights. It'll have to go to Hughes on points, the takedown is really the only noteworthy thing that has happened. The round ends. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Hughes. Round 3 An exchange of strikes in the center starts the round, both fighers hit nice jabs amongst the flurry of punches. They end up clinched. Lauzon hits a punch to the ribs, and takes one back in return. Hughes pushes forward and the rush causes Lauzon to stumble and get taken down, pulling guard as they hit the ground. The fight falls into a lull as a pattern develops; Hughes punctuating attempts to pass guard with some sharp punches to the body and face, while Lauzon parries away any big blows and puts all of his effort into making sure Hughes doesn't get a better position. Things heat up as Hughes manages to break the guard and get through into a half mount. Lauzon hits a nice clean right hand in response. Hughes throws a couple of hard punches to the stomach. He has one leg trapped, and is trying to pull that free so that he can move further up the body and really start pounding away. Lauzon knows that having the leg trapped is his key to not ending up in huge trouble, and so has it locked up tight. Hughes tries a half-hearted attempt at a kimura, but Lauzon defends it well. The round ends with Hughes still unable to transition into side control, although he has landed enough shots to have lit up Lauzon's upper body with red marks, and definitely won the round on points. End of round 3. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Hughes. All three judges give a score of 30-27 to Matt Hughes. ** Notes - Hughes was definitly the more dominant fighter and it proved with an easy win over a young Dan Lauzon. The general feeling amonst the fans was that the show wasn't that bad it was decent. Matt Hughes suffered a Knee Injury and will be out for 2-6 months Kurt Pellegrino suffered an ankle injury and will be out 1-2 months Justin Buchholz suffered a knee injury he will miss 1-2 months Jeff Curran and Matt Hughes were the 2 big earners making $50,000 each. Gray Maynard, Abel Cullum and Matt Veach were all Resigned

Well Well i'm not to good at this and I knew that I was just trying to have a lil fun contribute something to the forum. I wasn't being defensive I was just simply saying that if the way I do things doesn't attract you to the thread then so be it. You don't need to act like a lil hoe about things if you had something negative to say to me you coulda PMed me and said it instead of being a punk. i'm not going to continue this thread so selkeurti84 you can go back to playing with yourself.

so wait i'm being a punk my posting for everyone to see rather than pm? wouldn't it be more of a punk move if i pm'd you? Also how does one define a punk move when it comes to these internet wars? Is it even possible to be a punk in this case, I stand my initial prognosis. Retard it is...this is fun

Archived