What exactly affects the price of a show you hold? Not counting worker costs, I know that location hire costs money, as does show size... Does promotion size come into play? Or show length? Has anyone managed to put together a list? I'm trying to decide if it's more expedient to do two small shows, two medium shows, one long medium show, do a brand split... The possibilities are many and varied, and some idea on how to work out my finances would be helpful :)

promotion size and length do not come into play directly as length is connected to show size and having to fill the time with worker costs. So the ones you mentioned and Michael Wayne are it. Size only increases the other plus merchandise costs. You can cut show costs via tv deals and in case of ppv´s ppv deals.

I've noticed different types of matches will blow up your production costs. I did a last man standing match playing Mid-Atlantic Wrestling, and I almost passed out from sticker shock when I noticed that my production costs gained an extra $15,000. I'm still trying to figure out that small, medium formula you're working with too. Somebody please share some light into that, because it's awfully hard to play the smallest promotion in TEW's C-verse.

[QUOTE=Deevious;467356]I've noticed different types of matches will blow up your production costs. I did a last man standing match playing Mid-Atlantic Wrestling, and I almost passed out from sticker shock when I noticed that my production costs gained an extra $15,000. I'm still trying to figure out that small, medium formula you're working with too. Somebody please share some light into that, because it's awfully hard to play the smallest promotion in TEW's C-verse.[/QUOTE] Quite why a last man standing match would cost anything extra. As far as I'm aware you don't need any special props to hold one do you? A cage match or even a ladder match I could understand.

[QUOTE=Deevious;467356]I've noticed different types of matches will blow up your production costs. I did a last man standing match playing Mid-Atlantic Wrestling, and I almost passed out from sticker shock when I noticed that my production costs gained an extra $15,000. I'm still trying to figure out that small, medium formula you're working with too. Somebody please share some light into that, because it's awfully hard to play the smallest promotion in TEW's C-verse.[/QUOTE] I'm not sure this is true. I'm playing a game as FCW and have run a few last man standing matches. I've never noticed an extra $15,000 charge and since I have to keep a close eye on my finances I'm pretty sure I would have seen it. I'm not positive, but I don't think the LMS match was the cause of the $15K.

Archived