WWE: Chopps universe

[B][CENTER]Raw Preview for Week 1 of August[/CENTER][/B] Arn Anderson was named GM of Raw last week. He has promised some major changes to Raw in the coming weeks. What does the new GM have planned for the flagship program of the WWE? One change that has already taken place is the acquisition of Smackdown superstar Matt Hardy. Matt will team with his brother Jeff in a fatal 4-way tag match for the Tag Team Titles against the champions Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch as well as The WGTT and Paul London and Brian Kendrick. Candice Michelle will also defend her title this week against former champion Mickie James. This promises to be a good match up as both women have been on roles as of late. Who will come out on top this time? Speaking of title defenses, Umaga is set to defend his title Monday against the young star Cody Rhodes. Cody has won his last three matches and it appears he has caught the attention of our new GM. Can Cody get a huge upset early in his career and capture some singles gold along the way? John Cena will have a tough night when he goes toe to toe with Mr. Kennedy. This is a non title match but one has to believe if Kennedy can pull out a win he would be favored to be the new number one for Cena's WWE Championship. Speaking of number contenders, Randy Orton and Bobby Lashley will face off as well Monday. A win by either of these men would send them up the ladder as well for the chance to face Cena at Summer Slam. All this and much more this Monday live on the USA Network from Nashville, Tennessee at 9pm. Quick Picks: Hardys VS Cade and Murdoch VS WGTT VS London and Kendrick Candice VS Mickie James Umaga VS Cody Rhodes Cena VS Mr. Kennedy Orton VS Lashley

[B][I]Monday Night Raw recap[/I][/B] Snitsky defeated Jim Duggan before RAW started in a lackluster match. Skitsky scored a pinfall with a pump handle slam. [B]C-[/B] Monday Night Raw kicked off with a bang as Bobby Lashley was in the ring demanding a title shot. Randy Orton appeared on the entrance ramp to shut Lashley up. After some verbal jawing they decide to have a match tonight to decide the rightful number one contender. Perhaps they forgot we have a new GM on RAW. [B]B-[/B] After our first commercial we had Carlito defeat Sandman in a good opening match. Carlito scored a pin fall here with help from Marella.[B] B-[/B] After the match Carlito and Marella continued to work on Sandman for a while continuing the turn of Marella from hated Italian to hated Italian. [B]D+[/B] Returning from commercial Umaga destroyed Cody Rhodes in 3 minutes successfully defending his I.C. Title. [B]C+[/B] As we go to commercial there is a quick video letting us know the Hardy's are up next. [B]C+[/B] Lance Cade and Trever Murdoch took a beating for over 20 minutes from WGTT, London and Kendrick and the Hardy's but in the end they were able to climb the ladders and retain their Tag Team Championships. [B]B-[/B] As the competitors were leaving the ring we cut backstage to Arn Anderson's office. He tells the fans that tonight, Mr. Kennedy will face John Cena in a non title match. He also tells us that he has signed a huge FA. However this FA is under a different contract and Anderson isn't sure when he'll be available. He also informs us that Jeff Hardy has just been traded to ECW. We cut back to the ring where the Hardy's are walking up the ramp. Jeff looks disappointed. Anderson informs us that part of the trade was that Hardy get a title shot against John Morrison for the ECW Heavyweight Title at Summerslam. Thus giving us our first match for Summerslam. [B]B+[/B] Randy Orton defeated Bobby Lashley. However it took 3 RKO's to keep the man down for the 3 count. [B]B[/B] After the match Orton took the mic and asked for Anderson to come out and announce Orton as the number one contender. Anderson did in fact come to the entrance ramp but it wasn't to make Orton the challenger. Anderson informed Orton that this was a big victory for him, but he isn't the number one contender. As Anderson went to leave, he stopped and informed Orton that an old friend is coming back and wants to have a word with Orton. Triple H's logo then appeared on the titontron and underneath it said returning at Summerslam. [B]B+[/B] As we cut to commercial we see Candice Michelle walking backstage. [B]C+[/B] Mickie James defeated Candice Michelle to win the WWE Women's Title. [B]C-[/B] After the match the lights in the arena turned red and fog filled the arena before some music started to play throughout the arena. A figure appeared and made his way down to the ring wearing a long black robe and hood. He entered the ring and stood in the middle of the ring with his bowed down. Mickie James looked scared and Candice high tailed it out of the ring. As Mickie went to do the same, the figure lifted his arm and reached for her touching her on the shoulder. The lights came back to normal and the figure raised his head looking into the camera. "Welcome friends. Welcome to my church. I am the angel of Hardcore. I am Chopps. I am here to save you all from the mediocre wrestling you have been stuck watching for the last 7 years. I am here to save Alexis Laree. I am here to save her from this shell of a life she has made for herself. She has been chosen as the one who will sacrifice herself for the rest of you." Chopps turned to Mickie and began to kiss her. After he turned back to the camera. "Children, Mickie James is dead. Please, i endure you all to welcome to the WWE, Alexis Laree, your new WWE Women's Champion. Together we shall save you all. And soon, very soon the chosen one shall be brought to you all." [B]B[/B] As we come back from commercial Lawler and Ross recap what just happened in the ring moments ago. [B]B[/B] Backstage Arn Anderson is on the phone. He is vividly upset over what just happened. The phone call ends with "Thank you Shane, i'll see you next week on Raw."[B] B[/B] Val Venis defeated William Regal in a terrific match. Two veterans that really know how to make a good match great. [B]B[/B] Ross and Lawler inform us all that Michael Cole and JBL are here at ringside to watch Raw as Smackdown is also here in Nashville this week. The cameras then show the smackdown announce team in attendance. [B]B+[/B] John Cena defeated Mr. Kennedy in the main event. [B]B+[/B] After the match Cena is celebrating when JBL jumps the barricade and attacks Cena. He gives him two clotheslines from hell to end the show. [B]A[/B] [B]Overall score: B+[/B]

Archived