Sidy Eudy Will Wrestle Again?

lordprimeau25

Psycho Sid? Please, no. Sorry, but WWE was at its worst when he was champ. WWE doesn't need this guy. Sid's era is long past and was never that good to begin with. I'd rather see WWE continue developing Cena, Orton, and some of the younger future stars like Cody Rhodes and Ted DeBiase Jr. Hell, I'd rather watch a (hopefully brief) title run by JBL than suffer through Sid again...

[QUOTE=CraigInTwinCities;482016]Psycho Sid? Please, no. Sorry, but WWE was at its worst when he was champ. WWE doesn't need this guy. Sid's era is long past and was never that good to begin with. I'd rather see WWE continue developing Cena, Orton, and some of the younger future stars like Cody Rhodes and Ted DeBiase Jr. Hell, I'd rather watch a (hopefully brief) title run by JBL than suffer through Sid again...[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;482184]Well Im certain it WAS his publicist who said he'll return. Cause if Sid said it He'd probably botch it.[/QUOTE] Glad somebody said it, because at first I wasn't sure that the people who were replying had ever actually [b]watched[/b] Sid in the ring when he wrestled. This is the guy who turned WrestleMania main event programs with Hulk Hogan and The Undertaker into utter atrocities, right? The guy whose raspberry of a feud in WCW obliterated the momentum of the hottest wrestler in the country at the time, Sting? The one who put himself out of action with one of the most disgusting injuries in the history of the business by attempting a maneuver that a five year old could tell him wouldn't be physically possible for a man of his size? In his prime, like 20 years ago, Sid was an above-average big man worker with a menacing look - that's it. He was never an impressive in-ring talent. His mic skills were pretty decent, but he botched his delivery in promo's as often as he botched moves in his matches. Now 48 years old, well past his peak, what exactly does Sid have that the monster heels of the 'E don't already have? Khali already has the "big, lumbering botch machine" market cornered it would seem, and compared to big men who can actually work like 'Taker and Kane, Sid just doesn't cut it any more. I mean, wow... if this is true, I've gotta wonder who's making the decisions lately in WWE. First Cena - Batista is given away at Summerslam, put into a sub main-event slot and thrown away with an incredibly boring clean finish, and now they're pushing to bring back a guy who was on top during one of the worst periods in company history? Wow. Just, wow. To be slightly more positive, if Sid were kept primarily to backstage segments and pushed in a manner similar to Nash in TNA, mentoring a young guy or something, it could potentially work. As a full time in-ring talent, though... please, WWE, don't do it. ;)

That's just plain wrong. Sid is one of the most underrated workers in history simply because people try to couple him into the talent of Khali or Warrior. The guy could move around and do things in the ring. Top 5 big man easily imo. I don't know what he has left at this point, but saying that Khali has his market cornered is an insult beyond insults. Khali isn't a tenth of the worker that Sid was. Also, trashing him for crappy booking is pretty weak. WCW, God rest her soul, was my favorite promotion but even I won't deny that they were the kings of wrestlecrap, and Sid was often the victim of it. ECW had a great program running going for Sid as just a straight badass who came out in jeans and powerbombed the heck out of people. The E should run with that if they brought him back.

[QUOTE=justtxyank;482235]That's just plain wrong. Sid is one of the most underrated workers in history simply because people try to couple him into the talent of Khali or Warrior. The guy could move around and do things in the ring. Top 5 big man easily imo. I don't know what he has left at this point, but saying that Khali has his market cornered is an insult beyond insults. Khali isn't a tenth of the worker that Sid was. Also, trashing him for crappy booking is pretty weak. WCW, God rest her soul, was my favorite promotion but even I won't deny that they were the kings of wrestlecrap, and Sid was often the victim of it. ECW had a great program running going for Sid as just a straight badass who came out in jeans and powerbombed the heck out of people. The E should run with that if they brought him back.[/QUOTE] Like I said, during his prime Sid was an above-average big man. He wasn't a great wrestler by any means, but I acknowledge that during that era he could at least string together a decent match and make himself look good in the process... but seriously, name one guy who worked with Sid who got a decent rub out of it. He's a prototypical big man in that way - he's an expert at making himself look big and bad, and awful at making his opponents look like legitimate threats. The guy sold so poorly he made HOGAN look bad, for crying out loud - and this was when Hulk was still the WWF's version of Christ reborn. Don't give me the "well, he's a big guy, big guys always no-sell everything." 'Taker no sells bits of offense and still makes his opponents look like a million bucks. Same with Kane. Same with The Big Show, Vader, Kevin Nash, Mike Awesome, even Yokozuna... the list goes on. Point is, a monster heel has to eventually be able to make the heroic babyface look good against him - Sid never did that, at least not in my eyes. The only guys he ever seemed to take semi-reasonable bumps for were bigger than he was (like 'Taker). Even the very best in the world looked weak and ineffective against Sid. And this was during his prime, when he was capable of keeping up on a physical level with younger guys. I'd hate to see how bad he makes his opponents look now, as a guy pushing 50 who hasn't wrestled on television in almost a decade. And c'mon, you're going to say Sid has merits based on how Paul E. booked him? ECW booking could make anyone look great. [B]911[/B], a man with a single move in his repertoire, got over in ECW on the back of the same exact gimmick. I'm not questioning his ability to get over - he held several world titles after all, so I know he's a workable monster heel - I'm questioning his ability to ever make anyone look good in the ring against him. But to clarify, I didn't actually say that Khali wrestles in the same manner as Sid - I said he's got the market cornered when it comes to big, lumbering big man workers, which is true. The point was that if Sid comes back to the 'E out of shape, and can barely go five minutes in the ring, why even bother? We've already got perhaps the second-worst big man in the history of wrestling filling that role, no need to bring in a guy near 50 to provide more bathroom breaks during WWE programming. Still, I feel the Khali analogy is accurate. Sid, during his prime, was skilled at putting on impressive squash matches that made him look good. But against guys who he's expected to go 50-50 with like Hogan, Sting, Michaels, Hart, 'Taker... he just couldn't put on a good match. His repertoire was always too limited. Likewise, when Khali faced Trips this weekend at SummerSlam, he showed that he just can't make an opponent look good against him (which we already knew, but still).

Sid isn't out of shape though, he's been wrestling for the NWA and has been training for awhile for a comeback. Plus, all the internet reports are that Khali is going to be gone soon for whatever reason. You are right that he didn't make too many guys look better than him, but I think again that was more about booking him against guys he couldn't work with. He did make Goldberg look really good in their I Quit match, and I thought his match with Benoit for the title was very good. But in general, no he was not a "good" worker, but I definitely think he could put on some good matches still with guys. I wouldn't expect him to be the top star in the company by any stretch, but he could do a small program with guys to take up time to hold off the bigger matches for more important events.

[QUOTE=justtxyank;482317]Sid isn't out of shape though, he's been wrestling for the NWA and has been training for awhile for a comeback. Plus, all the internet reports are that Khali is going to be gone soon for whatever reason. You are right that he didn't make too many guys look better than him, but I think again that was more about booking him against guys he couldn't work with. He did make Goldberg look really good in their I Quit match, and I thought his match with Benoit for the title was very good. But in general, no he was not a "good" worker, but I definitely think he could put on some good matches still with guys. I wouldn't expect him to be the top star in the company by any stretch, but he could do a small program with guys to take up time to hold off the bigger matches for more important events.[/QUOTE] Khali? Gone? [B]SOON[/B]!? Please tell me you're not joking! :D But yeah, if Sid is still in good in-ring condition I could see him being a useful asset. Like I said, my main reservations would be centered around my perception that Sid was always a worker who "took" in his matches and rarely "gave" anything. Smaller midcard programs though, perhaps on ECW or Smackdown, wouldn't bother me at all. He's still certainly got a reputation - two 'Mania main events is an impressive track record. What I'd like to see, to be honest, is Sid working with some of the younger guys to help them get over. Like I said, my primary issue with him is that he's a guy who has taken a whole lot and enjoyed substantial success in the industry but never took it upon himself to "make" a guy like the greats often do. Put Sid into a tag team with someone on the way up - maybe Kendrick, as the HBK parallels and assembling an entourage of "enforcers" could work well. Give them a push as a team to the titles, with Kendrick playing the weasel and Sid dominating opponents to keep the belts... with Kendrick on the mic that would have the potential to be [b]gold[/b], actually. Because as long as he's not the one holding the mic, I'd definitely say Sid has some of the best facial expressions and mannerisms in wrestling - cut three minutes of Sid's babbling and have him standing in the background freaking out while Kendrick talks. That could work.

Now I suppose this COULD work based on how the E uses him. If he comes in after a decade and is suddenly on par with Triple H and John Cena, then that's no good. However, if he comes in and acts like Kane for the last 5 years. (A threatening bag man, who can fill a main event spot when needed but usually puts others over) Then I would actually love this. But like stated before, it's all on his abillity to put the others over. I don't think he has it in him to make someone look good physically. And I don't even think his pride can handle jobbing to the likes of Cody Rhodes when the last time he was on a national circuit he was face to face with Goldberg and Hogan. But, if he returns as someones body guard or something or a half wrestler, half road agent, then yeah this could work. [QUOTE=SadisticBlessings;482334] I'd definitely say Sid has some of the best facial expressions and mannerisms in wrestling - cut three minutes of Sid's babbling and have him standing in the background freaking out while Kendrick talks. That could work.[/QUOTE] I love how he managed to keep a straight face on during the Shockmaster skit. Ironically, he's the only one in that segment who didn't botch anything. Everyone else was clearly laughing.

Archived