APW: The Blunder Down Under

[QUOTE=Rathen4;484067]Personally i'd pay him whatever it would take to keep him, but I know of others that will let him stew for the six month period. It'd ruin me though.[/QUOTE] With him wearing both belts and my TV contract just starting, yeah, a loss like this would be pretty bad. About the only one who could step up is Mo' Jackson, but it's a bit early to push him to that degree. Maybe the Aussie title, but not both and probably not the Commonwealth Title. I hope the game gives me one more chance at the table with him before the contract expires... ...weird thing is, he's wearing both titles and one of his contract demands was a mid-level title run... That doesn't make sense, can't the game figure out that he's already wearing a belt?

APW Monday Meltdown - Episode 2 [B]Fuzzy Freeman vs. Switchblade[/B] Switchblade defeated Fuzzy Freeman in 6:14 by submission after blatantly cheating. GRADE: E- [B]Grand Avatar puts Swoop, DDP in Handicap Match[/B] The Grand Avatar is with Swoop and Peterson. He says that he has decided to punish them for their recent actions, and that they will be facing Harry Simonson, Boo Smithson and Lanny Williams in a three-on-two handicap match. GRADE: E [B]Pure Destruction taunt Melbourne Blondes[/B] Pure Destruction have microphones, and proceed to taunt The Melbourne Blondes, calling them names and generally acting like they're totally unafraid. GRADE: E- [B]Melbourne Blonds vs. Pure Destruction[/B] The Melbourne Blondes defeated Pure Destruction in a 2 vs 2 First Blood match in 22:35 when Rick Stantz made Mauler bleed. The Melbourne Blondes make defence number 3 of their APW Tag Team titles. GRADE: E+ [B]Post-Match Chaos[/B] Rick Stantz is in the ring, where he is being beaten down by Pure Destruction. Blake Belushi comes running down to make the save, and takes on both Mauler and Smasher by himself. Stantz recovers and goes to help, but makes the mistake of coming from behind Belushi, who thinks he is an approaching enemy and floors him too. Pure Destruction escape in the confusion. GRADE: E [B]Swoop and DDP vs. Boo, Harry and Lanny[/B] Debonair David Peterson and Swoop McCarthy defeated Boo Smithson, Harry Simonson and Lanny Williams in 9:39 when Harry Simonson was disqualified when Maurice Jackson ran in and attacked Swoop McCarthy. GRADE: D [B]Post-Match Beatdown of Swoop[/B] Debonair David Peterson, Maurice Jackson, and Lanny Williams attack Swoop McCarthy in the ring, and leave him down and out. GRADE: E+ OVERALL GRADE: D- Bloke Channel TV rating: 0.00

APW Monday Meltdown - Episode 3 LIVE from Laird Lounge! [B]Mo Attacks Cole[/B] Maurice Jackson attacks Cole Taylor backstage, and leaves him down and out. GRADE: F+ [B] Mo' Jackson vs. Cole Taylor[/B] Maurice Jackson defeated Cole Taylor in 3:28 by pinfall with a Rolling DDT. GRADE: E [B]Melbourne Blonds vs. Devine Devil - Non-Title[/B] Devine Devil defeated The Melbourne Blondes in a 2 vs 2 Ladder match in 19:42 when Dingo Devine retrieved the item. GRADE: E+ [B] Swoop Swears Vengeance on DDP Over Last Week's Betrayal[/B] In an interview, a furious Swoop McCarthy swears that he will get revenge on Debonair David Peterson. GRADE: D [B] DDP vs. Harry Simonson[/B] Debonair David Peterson defeated Harry Simonson in 17:46 by submission after blatantly cheating. GRADE: D OVERALL: D- Rating on Bloke Channel: 0.00 (at least it's not going down!)

PREDICTIONS: APW Early Christmas Bash 2009 Promised matches: 1. Nate McKenzie vs. Cole Taylor and Fuzzy Freeman 2. Swoop vs. Boo Smithson for the Aussie Title 3. Swoop vs. Lanny Williams for the Commonwealth Title 4. Aussie Blondes vs. Mo' Money for the Tag Title 5. Mystery Match - can you guess it? Let's see some predictions before I run this puppy!

LOL, that was a bump! 1. [B]Nate McKenzie[/B] vs. Cole Taylor and Fuzzy Freeman 2. [B]Swoop[/B] vs. Boo Smithson for the Aussie Title 3. Swoop vs. [B]Lanny Williams[/B] for the Commonwealth Title 4. Aussie Blondes vs. [B]Mo' Money[/B] for the Tag Title 5. Mystery Match - can you guess it? [B]Have no clue whatsoever, surprise us![/B]

Thanks, Wally, for the first prediction! Hope there will be a couple more but either way I'm running the card sometime late tonight, after I get back from evening service.... ...also, I apologize to those who are used to Diaries with lots of graphics and stuff, but at this time, I just don't have that amount of time to invest, so I'm going the text-only route. (I have a ton of writing responsibilities... many reviews, paid blogging assignments, working on a research article for a true crime mag, working on scripting a graphic novel and, finally, working on an actual novel.) So, I'm doing the best I can and sometimes have to skimp on the creative aspects, but I hope people are enjoying the booking because I am putting time in on that and I'm trying to be creative with it while still learning the game... it's my first fed diary w/ TEW. :)

APW's Early Christmas Bash 2009 [B]Nate McKenzie vs. Cole Taylor and Fuzzy Freeman[/B] Nathan McKenzie defeated Cole Taylor and Fuzzy Freeman in 8:24 when Nathan McKenzie defeated Cole Taylor by pinfall with a Spear. GRADE: E [B] Melboune Blonds vs. Mo' Taxes[/B] Mo' Taxes defeated The Melbourne Blondes in 30:00 by two fall to one. Mo' Taxes win the APW Tag Team titles. GRADE: E [B] Boo Smithson vs. Swoop McCarthy[/B] Boo Smithson defeated Swoop McCarthy in 10:48 by submission with a Crossface Chickenwing after a distraction from Misery. Boo Smithson wins the APW Australian title. GRADE: C [B] DDP vs. Milton Hittlespitz[/B] Debonair David Peterson defeated Milton Hittlespitz in 4:58 when Milton Hittlespitz was pinned with a Hangman's Neckbreaker and could not beat a ten count. GRADE: E+ [B]Lanny Williams vs. Swoop McCarthy[/B] Swoop McCarthy defeated Lanny Williams in a 1 vs 1 Casket match in 18:56 when Lanny Williams was trapped. Swoop McCarthy makes defence number 5 of his APW Commonwealth title. GRADE: D+ [B] Big Mo' attacks and destroys Swoop[/B] Swoop McCarthy is in the ring. Out of nowhere, Maurice Jackson hits the ring and attacks. The assault is quick and brutal, and leaves Swoop completely destroyed. GRADE: E- OVERALL GRADE: D

APW Monday Meltdown - Episode 4 [B]Swoop cuts promo on events of Christmas Bash 2009[/B] Swoop McCarthy comes down to the ring. He takes a microphone and starts talking to the crowd, before eventually getting interupted by Maurice Jackson. They have a big argument, going back and forth on the microphone, before things take a violent turn and they start brawling. A whole host of staff hit the ring to break them up, and as they are being pulled apart it is clear a match is going to take place between them. GRADE: D [B]DDP vs. Dingo Devine[/B] Debonair David Peterson defeated Dingo Devine in 3:31 by pinfall with a Hangman's Neckbreaker. GRADE: D- [B]Career Stipulation[/B] Maurice Jackson challenges Swoop McCarthy to a match, and in order to get it he says that he'll put his career on the line in the match. McCarthy accepts and says he'll put his career on the line, too. GRADE: E [B]Boo Smithson vs. Misery[/B] Boo Smithson defeated Misery in 7:50 by submission with a Crossface Chickenwing. Boo Smithson makes defence number 1 of his APW Australian title. GRADE: D- [B]Mo' Jackson vs. Swoop McCarthy[/B] Maurice Jackson defeated Swoop McCarthy in a 1 vs 1 Cage Modern match in 24:55 when Maurice Jackson escaped the cage. Maurice Jackson wins the APW Commonwealth title. [B]Swoop Fired[/B] James J McMinister is in the ring with Swoop McCarthy. He says that Swoop has out-stayed his welcome, and as he is now surplus to requirements, he is fired. GRADE: F+ OVERALL GRADE: D

It's a TV angle to explain his absence... Swoop wasn't willing to go back to the negotiating table and his contract didn't last to the next Monday Meltdown... so I did what any good fed with a TV contract would do... I buried him, giving viewers a storyline reason for him being gone, but also leaving the door open for his return. :confused: Making the best of a bad situation.

Archived