stars you didn't expect

October 2002 as GAMMA in my game and here are some of my very surprising stars: [B]Marko Prochazka[/B] (19-8) A fighter who has pretty much hovered around being a decent/good competitor, but has recently become dangerous and now ranked #8. [B]Will Kane [/B](17-6) Believe it or not, a future hall of famer. He's won the title and defended it once, but his career has recently tanked because of age (39). [B]Ray Eton[/B] (15-7) He initially had a rough start in GAMMA, but picked up a huge winning streak and nearly got a shot at the title. Currently ranked #9 in the division, coming off an impressive win over future hall of famer Doug Hansen. [B]Callum Hensen[/B] (14-5) A lot like Eton, but a bit more successful. Nearly got a shot at the title as well. Currently a dangerous competitor. [B]Wayne Mckellen[/B] (17-6) A future hall of famer. I picked him up from BCF after noticing he was a dangerous competitor thinking he would get stomped on by my middleweights, but he nearly stomped all over them! 3 of his 4 wins with GAMMA have been via TKO and one by submission. He was recently knocked down to very dangerous after losing to Rekdal. [B] Bruce Steven [/B](16-4) Like McKellen, went on a huge winning streak in other promotions before I signed him on as being a very dangerous competitor. He's so far had mixed success in GAMMA, winning 2 and losing 2. He's still a dangerous competitor, however. Some of my biggest disappointments: [B]Bixente Fontaine[/B] (16-12) This guy was usually one of the best fighters in my division in other games, but he's really sucked in this one. [B]Nicolai Mickiewicz [/B](15-11) Just like Fontaine, usually does good, but he's doing even worse than Fontaine and is rated as a weak competitor right now. [B]Mike Watson [/B](10-7) Very disappointed with Watson. Even though he moved up to HW and had mixed success there, he's moved back down to LHW and really hasn't impressed like he should. [B]Derek South[/B] (8-8) Just about to fire this guy. He's been on a massive losing streak, propelling him to being a poor competitor. [B]Murgur Boc[/B] (7-9) Almost a mirror of South. Just horrible performance. [B]Thomas Smith[/B] (13-9) Thomas Smith, like Watson, looks to be a top level fighter, but he can't really compete. [B]Rick Stanley[/B] (25-17-3) Has pretty much tanked since beginning the game. He's won a few here and there, but nothing to be proud of. [B]Datuk Ong Ka Ting[/B] (8-8) Went 0-6 initially after signing to GAMMA before I fired him, but he picked up a bunch of wins in other promotions and worked his way to being a decent competitor, but I'm still not convinced this guy is any good.

So far, in the game I'm playing now, I'd have to say Wilson Franklyn, he's okay skill-wise, but usually when I use him he tends to lose to any top guys, right now he's my undefeated HW champion and he's knocked out every man he's faced, he's the biggest star in my game and he has beaten all the best fighters I have under contract I was building up another fighter to be my HW star and I was excited when I put them together because it was a huge fight and I knew my other HW was going to win, but Wilson knocked him out too.

James Irvin is my breakout star. He didn't fight Silva and was coming off a two fight win streak. After he KO'd Houston Alexander he went to to decision victories over Stephan Bonnar, Lyoto Machida, and Quinton Jackson. He just TKO'd the champ Mauricio Rua to win the title.

Archived