How to 'sim' a game

Some tips on that from someone who does it a lot ;) - If you haven't got at least 1Gb of RAM, I'd seriously reccomend sticking to one month at a time. I have 3Gb, and I can sim a year in about 20 mins, although sometimes it gets stuck in September and crashes (for some reason it's *always* September, though the actual day changes. But since Autosave is on, that doesn't matter much). - Don't expect to do anything else while it's simming. There's no way to force TEW to stay in the background, so if you're reading a forum or something you'll have to keep clicking back to the forum after every day has loaded, because when it starts loading the next day it jumps to the foreground. Even if it was minimised. This might be annoying for some less patient players ;) - You can't cancel Multi-Advance (it's not possible). So don't do it if you have important things to do on the computer within the next hour or so. I usually do it when I'm going for tea, nipping to the shops, practicing bass, etc. - Obviously, the game will still be interrupted if you have to run a show, or some other really important thing happens. Do it unemployed. :p If you want to be notified of important events, like bookers being fired, stick it on Partial instead. And make sure your User Character's reputation is at least Average if you intend to play as a promotion later on. That's usually my chief reason for doing it, I sim forward to 2010, sometimes 2015, cause an artificial 'contract extension problem' for my head booker of choice, and steal his job. ¬_¬

Archived