Forum order

Is there any chance of putting the different game's sections together. I.E. all the TEW sections next to each other? Just think it'd be so much easier to navigate, than having to scroll up & down all the time, trying to remember where the sections are. Cheers.

One of the main goals of GreyDog is try and get fans of one title to check out others. This setup puts all the dynasties in one area, suggestion threads in another and so forth. Our hope is that people, while looking for a TEW dynasty, may decide to check out one on WreSpi or TPB or vice versa. Plus, it's easier having one area devoted to support when we do our check throughs. Hope that explains the method behind our madness ;)

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn]One of the main goals of GreyDog is try and get fans of one title to check out others. This setup puts all the dynasties in one area, suggestion threads in another and so forth. Our hope is that people, while looking for a TEW dynasty, may decide to check out one on WreSpi or TPB or vice versa. Plus, it's easier having one area devoted to support when we do our check throughs. Hope that explains the method behind our madness ;)[/QUOTE]OK, Arlie. I gotta tell you that read this and actually chuckled out loud. Are you KIDDING me???? You think that I'm going to click on the wrestling or boxing or whatever (heck, I don't even remember what the other games are any more) forums because they're close to BBCF??? ROFLMBAO!!! The forum order is annoying as all get out, and the reason why I've had to create three bookmarks directly into forums (BBGD, BBS, and GDSGD) rather than navigating through all of the clutter. There is now LESS chance that I'll see any of the other forums, because I've ended up going directly into forums rather than to a general outline. If the one or two games I'm interested in had all of their forums near one another, there'd be more of a chance that I'd go into the forums in general, where I could move seamlessly between BBGD and BBS without scrolling all the way down like I used to have to do. At OOTP, for example, I use the [url="http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/index.php"][color=Blue]main board index[/color][/url] and therefore end up checking out what is going on with ITP every now and then. Because of the way this forum is, I don't even check out TPB (which I own) or the college b-ball game, which interests me, but I haven't gotten around to direct-linking into those forums.

i think its a good idea in theory and i could see why you would use the current set up but i think generally most people would like it 'sections'. But i know id only click on some of the other games forums by mistake(no disrepect to the games im sure they are good games but i just aint intrested in them) then again i suppose if it gets one new fan and buyer of another game its worth it but i think most people would prefer sections

[QUOTE=SkyDog]OK, Arlie. I gotta tell you that read this and actually chuckled out loud. Are you KIDDING me???? You think that I'm going to click on the wrestling or boxing or whatever (heck, I don't even remember what the other games are any more) forums because they're close to BBCF??? ROFLMBAO!!! The forum order is annoying as all get out, and the reason why I've had to create three bookmarks directly into forums (BBGD, BBS, and GDSGD) rather than navigating through all of the clutter. There is now LESS chance that I'll see any of the other forums, because I've ended up going directly into forums rather than to a general outline. If the one or two games I'm interested in had all of their forums near one another, there'd be more of a chance that I'd go into the forums in general, where I could move seamlessly between BBGD and BBS without scrolling all the way down like I used to have to do. At OOTP, for example, I use the [url="http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/index.php"][color=Blue]main board index[/color][/url] and therefore end up checking out what is going on with ITP every now and then. Because of the way this forum is, I don't even check out TPB (which I own) or the college b-ball game, which interests me, but I haven't gotten around to direct-linking into those forums.[/QUOTE] I actually agree with skydog.

I agree with SkyDog too. I can understand putting all of the Tech Support forums in one section. But mixing together games isn't going to encourage people to look at games they don't have any interest in. I don't buy sim games because they are sim games. I buy them because I'm interested in what is being simulated.

these forums are different ..... that said , I don't mind them at all ..... I don't look at "mods" much, dynasties I enjoy reading if I am on line for long periods of time... so it does not bother me that these are located at different spots ... I am use to the others -- but this isn't annoying IMO

I appreciate having different looks to the forums as they do break the template from other sim sites. However judging from the above responses and common sense I'm not so sure that it helps the overall core community - such as a comingling would in theory not only help sales but help prevent the site's basketball fans and wrestling fans from "going to war" in the dog pound or whatever unanticipated consequences a forum might bring. That said - these are the Grey Dog forums, not the community forums, so I like everyone else are just along for the ride! :)

Archived