Complaint filed against BMG

Guest Ransik

I have filed a complaint aganist BMG music. A co-worker of mine ordered CDs through her credit card at work about 2 years ago. She asked if they could be sent to my address, and I didn't care, because she didn't have a PO Box and they needed to be sent to one. So apparently after I quit that job she orders more CDs, sends them to a different addy, and doesn't pay for them. What does BMG do? Why... they send the bill to me! For the past few months, they have been claiming I owe them $95 for unpaid purchases done by myself. So my mother (a lawyer) sent them a nice long nasty e-mail, as did I. So as soon as they find out she's a lawyer I get; "Whoops, we checked our database and found that you hadn't purchased these CDs. We apologize." But see... I don't forgive and forget. I applied for Dell's monthly payment plan as I cannot afford to pay for a new computer all up front, and THAT'S how I found out BMG sent my name to a collection agency! They didn't contact me, they just sent it to some company to sue me for their money. I told BMG in a response e-mail that I wasn't satisfied, and an apology wasn't enough, as they have potentially ruined my credit for good because they aren't professional enough to do things right. It took a week to even track down an e-mail addy for them let alone ever find a phone number, because their site has no contact info, which is obvious why at this point. I have filed one complaint with the IFFC (or IIFC, I can't remember) and I will file several more throughout the week. If I find out they ruined my credit, a nice lawsuit is coming out of this, believe me...

• 4 weeks later...
Good for you. I had them call me about 6 months ago and they said that they were going through their database and had me as a former good customer. I had cancelled my plan with them about 2 years ago. They offered me two FREE CD's as a thank you for my past patronage and to reset up my account with no more CD's to buy. I said OK, get the two CD's with a bill for shipping and handling and a form that I need to immediately buy two CD's to fulfil my new obligation with them. You are right, they have NO contact information because they don't want anyone to be able to contact them. Sue them and I'll gladly take some measure of pleasure from your victory.

I see ransik is whining about somehting new this week. WWE programming must be getting too stale to whine about. BTW ransik, couldn't you at least post a new update about this? I see all you did was copy and paste this over from the 400 boards. wasn't that post like almost a month ago? But I suppose we should be happy that you haven't brought your monthly should I or shouldn't I wrestle posts along with you.

Archived