CZCW '97 - A Coastal Zone even back then

[QUOTE=TNAfever;609359]no one bankrupt? i thought that at least one or two would crumble :eek:[/QUOTE] Watch this space on that one. I know that there are going to be more companies opening in the next few years, and not wanting too many regional promotions I've made financial cuts to a few promotions. XFW are the ones at biggest risk of falling. LAW's TV show also puts them at risk. [QUOTE=TNAfever;609359]I'm sad to see that Giant Redwood seems to be a top star in the area...what a untalented douchebag he is :rolleyes: [/QUOTE] The sad thing is he now actually considers himself too big for Regional promotions, so may be shortly leaving the East Coast War.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]History of King of the Indies:[/B] Kind of the Indies is where former champions are born. Of the former seven champions, six have become SoCal Champions, with the only exception, Troy Tornado, currently right in the title hunt. Before 1997 the King of the Indies was won by Alex Braun (5 time SoCal Champion), Super Joshuya (2 time SoCal Champion) and Fumihiro Ota (3 time SoCal Champion). The 1997 King of the Indies was probably the weakest tournament ever, which saw the debuts of two workers (Rico Santana and Richard Blood) who never amounted to much at CZCW. Nevertheless the final saw a decent contest with Tayler Morton defeating Pablo Rodriguez, which eventually led to Morton’s year long SoCal Title reign. 1998 saw the King of the Indies appear in the middle of a TV run and was much hyped, and proved to be far better all round. Whippy the Clown, Pablo Rodriguez, Silver Shark and Guide all put on decent matches, with Silver Shark taking the title over Guide. The show also saw CZCW’s best ever match at the time, with Tayler Morton retaining his CZCW title over a recently turned heel Alex Braun. Although Silver Shark failed in his title shot earned here, he did get his championship reign in 1999. The 1999 King of the Indies was also in a short TV run, and was the show where Silver Shark won the SoCal Title. Black Samurai defeated former winner Tayler Morton for the tournament win, but Human Arsenal, Sammy Bach, Guide and Flex were also involved in solid matches. Black Samurai went on to take the SoCal Championship off Silver Shark at Wave of Fury, and carried it for a year. The 2000 King of the Indies set the standard which no CZCW since has managed to exceed. For the first time ever the tournament final was given top billing over a SoCal Championship match (where Black Samurai defeated Alex Braun and JD Morgan), and the decision was justified as Troy Tornado defeated Human Arsenal in what is generally considered the best match in CZCW history. It wasn’t just that match – Human Arsenal's victory over Guide at that stage was probably the best match in the tournaments history at that stage, while Mayan Idol and Silver Shark put on an unexpected gem in the opener. This year, Troy Tornado and Human Arsenal meet up once more, but this time it’s for Human Arsenal’s SoCal Championship. Can they better their match last year? And with three former SoCal Champions, 2 former King of the Indies winners and four for SoCal Tag Title holders, could we be in for the highest quality tournament for years? The first round sees two members of the former Sneer Corporation, Deano Machino and Scarlett Samurai face off, Sammy Bach face JD Morgan and the first time Plague and Guide and Alex Braun and I, Butcher meet in one on one action. Add to that Team Mexico defending their Tag Titles against Dark Nightmare, and Shane Sneer promising to deliver a message to Chris Rockwell, what better way to spend $17 than to go down to the Grissom Auditorium and see what could be a potentially mind blowing event? Announced for [B]CZCW King of the Indies[/B]: [B]Match 1:[/B] Alex Braun vs I, Butcher [B]Match 2:[/B] Sammy Bach vs JD Morgan [B]Match 3:[/B] Scarlett Samurai vs Deano Machino [B]Match 4:[/B] Plague beat Guide [B]Match 5:[/B] Winner 1 vs Winner 2 [B]Match 6:[/B] Winner 3 vs Winner 4 [B]Match 7:[/B] Winner 5 vs Winner 6 for the King of the Indies Team Mexico (c) vs Dark Nightmare for the SoCal Tag Titles Human Arsenal (c) vs Troy Tornado for the SoCal Championship PLUS Chris Rockwell will be present to listen to what Shane Sneer has to say to him

July: USPW open; and its Alasi Tua as the money behind the venture. Meanwhile in the Regional Battle it’s a win in the South West, but PPPW put on a good show to take the win in New England. AAA run another C rated show, and as King of the Indies is historically my strongest show I have high hopes of doing better than that. [B]CZCW King of the Indies[/B] South West (attendance 2,000) [COLOR="Blue"]Alex Braun beat I, Butcher[/COLOR] in 5.39 to advance (C-) -A very short opener for us, hiding Butcher’s deficiency’s in the ring but giving him some offence to try and keep him looking strong [COLOR="blue"]Sammy Bach beat JD Morgan[/COLOR] in 11.50 with a Back on Your Back to advance (C+) -Morgan tried to keep it very technical, yet proved very surprised when Bach wriggled out of the Cross Atlantic Stretch and applied the Back on Your Back for the win Sammy Bach took a mic and reminded Alex Braun how he said he would prove himself – and he would in the semi-finals with a first ever win over the veteran (D) [COLOR="blue"]Deano Machino beat Scarlett Samurai[/COLOR] in 11.29 to advance (D+) -The two former members of The Sneer Corporation didn’t hold back at all, and it was Machino who got the win with a Cradle Piledriver [COLOR="blue"]Plague beat Guide[/COLOR] in 8.55 with a New Jersey Turnpike (C) -Guide just can’t get a break at the moment, and fell relatively quickly to the former tournament winner As Plague celebrated his music cut out, the lights went down and a strange symbol appeared on the walls. The lights went up, and Plague furrowed his brow as he left (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Team Mexico (c) beat Dark Nightmare[/COLOR] in 13.44 when Idol pinned Tij (C+) -Pre match promo’s had to happen in the preshow due to time constraints, but Dark Nightmare put up a good showing. Having I, Butcher in their corner helped, but Mayan Idol went on a crazy Lariat run, devastating his opponents Alex Braun cut a promo remembering the times when he and Bach were enemies, but told Bach that he now had his respect. Bach came out and shook hands with Braun, but told him he still didn’t have what he was after – a win over him (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Sammy Bach beat Alex Braun[/COLOR] in 10.54 with a roll up (C) -Bach finally managed his win, but he needed a grab of the tights and a foot on the ropes to manage it [COLOR="blue"]Deano Machino beat Plague[/COLOR] in 13.41 with a Cradle Piledriver (C+) -Impressive match. Both men had their moments when once more the lights dimmed, and the strange symbol appeared. It distracted everyone allowed a masked man to hit a familiar looking move on Plague, allowing Machino to pick up the win Some scholars of Japanese wrestling recognised the masked man in full light – especially as the man had broken into wrestling in CZCW. Tayler Morton has returned to CZCW, but he will now be known as [B]Acid[/B] (C) Chris Rockwell came out with Dream Girl and demanded that Shane Sneer come out so the whole crowd can wave him goodbye. Sneer did come out but claimed that CZCW would be foolish to lose such an asset as him. He had contacts everywhere, and could bring in the best talents to CZCW. Sneer confirmed he had such a talent tonight, so Rockwell proposed a deal – if Sneer’s talent beats him he proved useful, if he lost to Rockwell we’d have to start looking at the contract signed last month (C) [COLOR="blue"]Chris Rockwell beat Shawn Gonzalez [/COLOR]in 15.50 with a Fujiwara Armbar (C+) -It’s been a long four years for Gonzalez working small indy crowds, but this is not a permanent step back into the limelight. This will be his only match in the South West (although we’ll get an out of area match out of him as well), and it was defeat. Rockwell pointed Sneer to the exit, and when he refused Cliff Anderson stood up and told Sneer that his contract was hereby terminated – he wasn’t being paid, so may as well leave (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Deano Machino beat Sammy Bach[/COLOR] in 16.21 with a Cradle Piledriver to win the [COLOR="Purple"]King of the Indies [/COLOR](C+) -I think I can say that this wasn’t the best well planned of King of the Indies. Before Hell Monkey left I had no plans to bring him out of tag team wrestling, but he’s impressed since he was forced out. I’ve got doubts of Bach’s ability to break out, so he fell here to a Cradle Piledriver Troy Tornado passed on his congratulations to Deano Machino, and promised to take the next step from the King of the Indies – winning the SoCal Championship (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Human Arsenal (c) beat Troy Tornado[/COLOR] in 23.22 with an Ammo Dump (B-) -Not quite as good as their match up a year ago, which is a singles match which is going to be hard to beat. Again this one was open, but Tornado just couldn’t hit the Star Maker, and fell to the Ammo Dump [I]Overall Rating C+[/I] Not to the standard of previous years, but it was still a good show. Two debuts (yeah, I never do things by half, do I?). Shawn Gonzalez was always planned – I’ve been considering bringing him in for years. However, this was a short term deal, and as Gonzalez proved brutal to negotiate with the deal will not be extended. He will not be seen in the South West again for a while until the indies come around. Acid (aka Tayler Morton) as more unexpected. He renewed his BHOTWG contract on PPA terms a few weeks before the competition, and I couldn’t resist bringing him back. As was the plan before he left, he’s donned the Acid Mask to feud with Plague. Deano Machino and Brett Biggz sign new deals (I tried to negotiate with Machino early, but negotiations came in the day after his title win, so that had to be factored in). [B]CZCW This Is How We Do It:[/B] New England (attendance 20) [COLOR="Blue"]Tijuana Vampire beat American Elemental[/COLOR] in 6.56 (D) [COLOR="blue"]Fox Mask beat E.M.M. Moe[/COLOR] in 7.40 (D) [COLOR="blue"]Guide beat Johnny Bloodstone[/COLOR] in 9.07 (D-) [I]-A debut, but no chemistry[/I] [COLOR="blue"]Deano Machino beat Shawn Gonzalez[/COLOR] in 22.20 (D+) [I]-More no chemistry![/I] [I]Overall Rating D[/I] Shawn Gonzalez has now departed, fulfilling his two date contract. It was originally going to be three matches, but he annoyed me during contract negotiations. Now I know why he’s been out of work. A yes, I only went and hired another wrestler. Although tremendously talented (hence the signing), Johnny Bloodstone is going to have to work his way up the food chain, as I can’t justify throwing anyone else in at the top end given my talent in the midcard. Shane Sneer departs (and joins USPW), having never helped anyone really break out. Our squeaky clean backstage takes a hit as we find out that Scarlett Samurai and American Elemental can’t stand one another. Normally I’d put them in a match but I’ve actually already planed Wave of Fury fully – but the match will happen soon. Oh, and I’m not going to put predictions up for WOF, because there’s only two competitive matches. Not good for one of my showpiece events.

August: No Regional Battle in the South West this month, but we do place 1 out of 5 in New England. Oh, and I’ve got 32 days to make $150,000. At least I’m now making money even on two show months. Alex Braun signs a new deal. Giant Redwood leaves NYCW not because he’s not talented enough, but because he’s too over. I tell not a lie. [B]CZCW Wave of Fury[/B] South West (attendance 2,000) [COLOR="Blue"]Acid beat American Elemental [/COLOR]in 6.17 with an Acid Rain Bomb (C) -This was actually a repeat of the dark match that Acid debuted in last month, and as I found good chemistry then I thought I’d repeat it. Even at just 6.17 it lacked flow, and was a little spotty. [COLOR="blue"]Sammy Bach beat Johnny Bloodstone[/COLOR] in 6.42 with a Flying Fist (C+) -Blimey. Bach kept up momentum after getting to the final of King of the Indies, but it was really Bloodstone who put a marker down even in defeat Alex Braun came down to ask Bach if he remembered how he beat him last month – with a handful of tights and his feet on the ropes. Bach shrugged, and told Braun that he knew that he would have done the same in the same situation – it was a win at all costs match (C-) [COLOR="blue"]The Biggz Boyz beat The Fly Boys[/COLOR] in 11.30 when Brett pinned Jimmy (D+) -This could probably just about be described as an upset. Perhaps [COLOR="blue"]Guide beat Valiant[/COLOR] in 7.26 with a Guided Missile (D+) -Valiant’s last match in this run, as his contract will now be renewed in a few days [COLOR="blue"]Dark Nightmare beat The Flying Animals[/COLOR] in 11.27 when Tij pinned Snappy (C-) -Fox Mask got distracted by I, Butcher, missing a tag attempt from Shappy that eventually led to the pin… … which led to Snappy being none to happy, and giving Fox Mask a good slap in the face (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Plague beat E.M.M. Moe[/COLOR] in 9.09 with a New Jersey Turnpike (C) After the match Acid’s symbol appeared once more, flashing around the arena. Suddenly it picked out Acid in the crowd, but a flicked away and by the time the lights were back up Acid was nowhere to be seen (C) Queen Emily told Deano Machino backstage that Human Arsenal was undefeated this year, and would not tolerate defeat in the Main Event against Tornado and Rockwell because of an underperforming partner. Deano Machino pointed out that he was the winner of the King of the Indies, something Human Arsenal had never won, to which he was challenged to prove what that shows (D) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun beat I, Butcher and Pecs[/COLOR] in 8.57 when Bruan pinned Butcher (C-) Team Mexico came out for their Tag Title defence, and were immediately attacked by Scarlett Samurai and JD Morgan, weakening their opponents before their match (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Team Mexico (c) beat JD Morgan and Scarlett Samurai[/COLOR] in 18.19 when Idol pinned Samurai (C) -To add to the chaos we had a ref bump, but as Morgan and Samurai went for weapons the Biggz Boyz made the safe, and Samurai sold Idol’s Lariat exceptionally well for the decision Troy Tornado, Chris Rockwell and Dream Girl come out for the Main Event, play to the crowd before promising a win for all the fans (C+) [COLOR="blue"]Chris Rockwell and Troy Tornado beat Human Arsenal and Deano Machino[/COLOR] in 28.09 when Rockwell pinned Arsenal (C+) -In no way was Machino the weak link here, giving his all in this long encounter, and it was in no way his fault that Human Arsenal took his first pinfall of the year to Rockwell. [I]Overall Rating C[/I] Valiant leaves – he just doesn’t fit, and unless I push him he’s not required. Human Arsenal signs for another 9 months, as Fox Mask joins 4C. [B]CZCW On Tour[/B] Northern Mexico (attendance 62) [COLOR="blue"]Scarlett Samurai beat E.M.M. Moe[/COLOR] in 6.54 with a Samurai Snap DDT (D+) [I]-If I knew about this good chemistry I’d forgotten about it[/I] [COLOR="blue"]Fox Mask beat Donnie J[/COLOR] in 9.17 with a Fox Hunter (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Plague beat Jimmy P [/COLOR]in 8.29 with a New Jersey Turnpike (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Team Mexico (c) beat Dark Nightmare [/COLOR]in 14.31 when Electrico pinning Tij (B-) [I]Overall Rating C[/I] It seems that using Mexicans in Mexico works… The first USPW Champion is Leper Messiah, defeating The Natural. The Main Event was outshone by the previous match, where Joe Sexy defeated Pistol Pete Hall.

September: Cliff gives me the news that I failed his financial goal. It was a close run thing – all I needed was another $145,000, which at best was still seven weeks away. Maybe he realised what a stupid goal it was, and decides not to sack me. So looks like this diary gets to continue. I’ll see if Cliff notices that I’ve slipped back down to 13th in the rankings when he dishes out the next goal. Tayler Morton (Acid) adds WLW to his commitments, while Sam Sparrow re-signs. [B]CZCW This Is How We Do It[/B] Mid South (attendance 652) [COLOR="Blue"]Fox Mask beat E.M.M. Moe[/COLOR] in 6.38 with a Fox Hunter (D+) [COLOR="blue"]The Biggz Boyz beat The Fly Boys[/COLOR] in 9.12 when Bart pinned Jimmy (D) [COLOR="blue"]JD Morgan beat Pecs[/COLOR] in 11.46 with the Cross Atlantic Stretch (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Cliff Rockwell beat Flex[/COLOR] in 14.16 with a Fujiwara Arnbar (C+) [I]Overall Rating C-[/I] Why an out of town show before the main show? Simple – Snap Dragon needed 28 days for his gimmick change (reversing from Fan Favourite to Arrogant Heel), but we had to give The Fly Boys a send off. Neither Jimmy or Donnie's contract is being renewed – not as they’ve underperformed, as they’ve done everything asked of them, just as part of my increasing desire to cut down my roster. E.M.M. Moe also leaves, but I don’t think he ever thought his contract would be renewed. Yes, I’ve allowed three wrestlers allowed to leave. They may get replaced, but only by a jobber or two. The Fly Boys will be considered for the future. Oh, and I have a new goal. Cliff would like me to increase my bank balance from $355,000 to $750,000 in two years. Cliff is slowly losing my respect. Announced for [B]CZCW Blockbuster[/B]: American Elemental vs Guide Plague vs Pecs Team Mexico (c) vs The Biggz Boyz vs JD Morgan and Scarlett Samurai for the CZCW SoCal Tag Titles Fox Mask vs Snap Dragon in a ladder match Human Arsenal (c) vs Johnny Bloodstone in a non title match Troy Tornado vs Chris Rockwell vs Deano Machino in a Number One Contenders Match

[B]CZCW Blockbuster[/B] South West (attendance 1,922) [COLOR="Blue"]Guide beat American Elemental[/COLOR] in 5.33 (C-) -First time I’ve used this good chemistry in the South West, but knowing their psychology issues I kept the match short and made sure it was scripted. And it still lacked flow. [COLOR="blue"]Sammy Bach beat Flying Jimmy Foxx[/COLOR] in 3.50 with a pull of the tights (D+) -A (third) redebut for Flying Jimmy Foxx, and he actually got a near fall – which is why Bach went for the tight pull Alex Braun came out to ask Bach why he resorted to cheating so early, but Bach just told him to stop being a self righteous father figure (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Plague beat Pecs[/COLOR] in 8.29 with a New Jersey Turnpike (C-) After the match Acid attacked, and the two had a brawl, before we were told that they would face one another for the first time next month. Unless, of course, you count the Plague / Tayler Morton feud from two years ago, which we’re not (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Team Mexico (c) beat The Biggz Boyz and JD Morgan and Scarlett Samurai [/COLOR]when Idol pinned Samurai (C-) -Must think of something else for Morgan and Samurai apart from a jobbing tag team, as they were booked to look the weakest of the three teams out there Fox Mask came out to remind Snap Dragon of the good times – the times that they’ve held titles together. Snap Dragon came out to tell Fox Mask that those times were long over – Fox Mask was slowing him time and he’d never achieve until he’d ditched his ineffectual partner (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Snap Dragon beat Fox Mask [/COLOR]in a ladder match in 12.14 (C+) -Wow, maybe we didn’t have to make this a ladder match to make people care about it. The two masked men certainly made best use of it, but when Foxy missed his Flip Off DDT, Snap Dragon tied him up in the ropes to allow him to claim the win Queen Emily announced that Human Arsenal would watch the Main Event eagerly after his warm up, as he wanted to know who was next for him to continue his winning ways against, as they were battling for second place (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Human Arsenal (c) beat Johnny Bloodstone[/COLOR] in a non title match in 8.02 (C-) -Shucks, no chemistry. Well, if this wasn’t the sub Main Event the Tag Title match would have been, so it didn’t make too much of a difference The three competitors in the Main Event came out to cut promo’s against one another, but it was the action everyone was more interested in (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Chris Rockwell beat Troy Tornado and Deano Machino[/COLOR] in 20.09 when Rockwell pinned Deano Machino (C+) -Three ways are a rarity in CZCW, but this was a decent encounter. We even went slightly sleazy as Dream Girl lifted her top to distract Deano Machino, which set him up for the pin Chris Rockwell took a mic and told Human Arsenal that he never played for second place, and whatever it takes he will be walking out the champion next month (C-) [I]Overall Rating C-[/I] Despite the rubbish promo, Queen Emily signs a new deal. Flying Jimmy Foxx signs once more to fill out the bottom of the card – in his 31 matches I’ve booked him I he’s only ever won the one. I also sign Adam Matravers, but as he hasn’t wrestled professionally for several years he’ll stick to dark matches for now. Announced for [B]CZCW Making No Exceptions[/B]: Pecs vs Snap Dragon Team Mexico (c) vs The Biggz Boyz for the SoCal Tag Titles Plague vs Acid Troy Tornado vs Deano Machino Human Arsenal (c) vs Chris Rockwell for the SoCal Championship

October: [B]CZCW Making No Exceptions[/B] South West (attendance 2,000) [COLOR="Blue"]Sammy Bach beat Fox Mask[/COLOR] in 8.16 with a pull of the tights (C-) -Once more at the first sign of trouble Bach panicked and went for the pull of the tight to gain the win And once more Alex Braun was out to admonish the youngster, telling him that he should show the strength to face adversity, rather than cheat his way out of it (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun beat Johnny Bloodstone[/COLOR] in 8.40 with a Braun Damage (C+) -This Johnny Bloodstone is something – I wonder how long I’ll have him for. And how long it will be before he’ll want a win or two. He did give Braun a scare or two, but Braun faced up to it, rather than cheating [COLOR="blue"]Guide beat Tijuana Vampire[/COLOR] in 7.13 with a Guided Missile (D+) -And this was with great chemistry. Where’s the Guide who debuted with such a bang three years ago? [COLOR="blue"]Snap Dragon beat Pecs[/COLOR] in 9.27 with a Dragon’s Breath (C+) -Wow. Since Snap Dragon’s turn he’s had two great matches, and he’ll be looking at the title picture now thinking that’s somewhere where he belongs. Impressing far more than Guide The Biggz Boyz hyped their title match (D) [COLOR="blue"]The Biggz Boyz beat Team Mexico (c)[/COLOR] for the [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]SoCal Tag Titles[/COLOR] in 17.28 when Brett pinned Electrico (C) -I’ll be honest – one of Team Mexico is wrestling their last match at CZCW for a while, hence the unplanned title change. With the break up of the Flying Dragons and the release of The Fly Boys face teams are short in number, so it was logical for a face team to take their biggest ever victory And the Biggz Boyz celebrated with some party moves in the ring. It’s their gimmick. I’ve just never told you before (D+) Plague came out and cut a rare promo, demanding that Acid come out and face him man to man (D+) [COLOR="Blue"]Acid beat Plague[/COLOR] in 12.51 after a green mist (C-) -Even match up, until Acid cheated, which was enough to swing it Troy Tornado came out to point out that he never lost last month, as it was Deano Machino who foolishly got pinned after being distracted by Dream Girl. Machino came out to agree that he was distracted, and he liked what he saw last month. However, this month he was fully focussed, and he wanted his win back (D) [COLOR="blue"]Deano Machino beat Troy Tornado[/COLOR] in 21.34 with a Cradle Piledriver (C+) -Another hard fought match, and again not the cleanest of finishes. Machino removed a turnbuckle cover early, but it was long into the match before he finally drove Tornado headfirst into the turnbuckle. As crimson fell down Tornado’s face, Machino took advantage, hitting the Piledriver to win Chris Rockwell and Dream Girl were out to promise a new champion – one that the fans can get behind (C) [COLOR="blue"]Chris Rockwell beat Human Arsenal (c)[/COLOR] by [B]DQ[/B] in 19.22 when Guide attacked Rockwell (B) -Excellent match that proved the two competitors great all round skills. Rockwell slowly took advantage when Guide attacked the challenger, causing the DQ. After the match Guide and Human Arsenal beat Rockwell down before celebrating together as the show ended (D) [I]Overall Rating C+[/I] And that’s now my best ever match. And it’s none too surprising – Chris Rockwell is skilled and well known, while Human Arsenal has truly made a name for himself this year. Who could blame me for trying to lengthen this feud, even though adding in Guide may not have been the most astute move in the world. Also in there was a tag title change – Electrico goes on tour with PGHW to add to his OLLIE and MHW commitments, and leaves CZCW. I won’t begrudge the guy, although maybe I regret giving him such a good 17-5 record. We’ll now see what Mayan Idol can do as a singles wrestler second time around. Mayhem Midden also leaves, with Ernest Mason proving an expensive but talented upgrade at Road Agent. And finally I let Pecs leave – I’m taking this cutting down the roster seriously. It’s almost to the level when I could make some new signings. Harry Allen (he of PPPW, LAW and USPW fame) and Steve Gumble (of RPW fame) are longer friends. Or a tag team, having not worked together since hitting the big time. Oh, that’s going to hurt. Scarlett Samurai gets his second major concussion, this time wrestling for GCG against British Samurai. That one’s going to be a career ender. Scarlett Samurai was just about to turn face and… well, that’s about as far as I’d got with the plan. Johnny Bloodstone goes on tour with PGHW. He’s really not going to stay long with me for long. Snap Dragon signs on for another 9 months. [B]CZCW This Is How We Do It:[/B] New England (attendance 48) [COLOR="blue"]Fox Mask beat Adam Matravers[/COLOR] in 6.11 with a Fox Hunter (D) [COLOR="blue"]Johnny Bloodstone beat Flying Jimmy Foxx[/COLOR] with a Bloodstone Mutilation (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Acid beat Tijuana Vampire[/COLOR] with an Acid Rain Bomb (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Mayan Idol beat JD Morgan[/COLOR] in 16.40 with an Aztec Lariat (C-) [I]Overall Rating D+[/I] Actually, that was probably a wasted show. With Cliff’s fantastic goal to get up to $750,000, I’m really going to have to stick in the South West and Mid South. It’s just not economically viable to run shows anywhere else. Announced for [B]CZCW Firing Up[/B]: Adam Matravers vs I, Butcher Fox Mask vs Acid The Biggz Boyz (c) vs Dark Nightmare for the SoCal Tag Titles Mayan Idol vs Johnny Bloodstone Sammy Bach vs Snap Dragon Deano Machino vs JD Morgan Chris Rockwell and tbc vs Human Arsenal and Guide

Adam Matravers vs [B]I, Butcher[/B] Fox Mask vs [B]Acid[/B] [B]The Biggz Boyz (c)[/B] vs Dark Nightmare for the SoCal Tag Titles Mayan Idol vs [B]Johnny Bloodstone[/B] [B]Sammy Bach[/B] vs Snap Dragon Deano Machino vs [B]JD Morgan[/B] [B]Chris Rockwell and tbc[/B] vs Human Arsenal and Guide

Adam Matravers vs [B]I, Butcher[/B] [I]- Because I've heard of I, Butcher in this diary.[/I] [B]Fox Mask[/B] vs Acid[I] - Because I just can't root against Fox Mask in a CZCW dynasty.[/I] [B]The Biggz Boyz (c) [/B]vs Dark Nightmare for the SoCal Tag Titles [I]- With a dearth of face teams, keeping the Boyz with the beltz for a while makes some sense.[/I] [B]Mayan Idol[/B] vs Johnny Bloodstone [I]- Bloodstone has the skills and if he were gonna stick around I'd pick him, but I mark for Mayan Idol so this makes an easier call.[/I] Sammy Bach vs [B]Snap Dragon[/B] [I]- Snap into a Slim Sammy![/I] [B]Deano Machino[/B] vs JD Morgan [I]- Based on the fact I'm living in Korea and one of my new kids is called Dean and I've called him Deano Machino and the name has caught on with the kids so much I have had to pull back on calling him it.[/I] [B]Chris Rockwell and tbc[/B] vs Human Arsenal and Guide [I]- tbc is the same as ??? and I never bet against ???.[/I]

November: [B]CZCW Firing Up[/B] South West (attendance 2,000) [COLOR="Blue"]I, Butcher beat Adam Matravers[/COLOR] in 3.21 with a You, Victim (D) -We needed I, Butcher for later, so he squashed Matravers on the latters official South West man show debut Chris Rockwell (with Dream Girl) came to the ring to cut a promo aimed at Human Arsenal. He declared at Year in Review he had been signed to a rematch for the SoCal Championship, and this time would be aware that the champion had lost all honour by allowing Guide attack him during their title match last month. As for the tag match today, he was going to team with Troy Tornado, buthe’s still suffering a concussion from last month, and hasn’t been cleared. Instead, he announced that he’d be teaming with former SoCal Champion Alex Braun (C-) [COLOR="Blue"]Acid beat Fox Mask[/COLOR] in 7.30 with an Acid Rain Bomb (C) -We saw the psychology problems before the match even started, so kept it short and scripted. Still there were issues. And still Fox Mask aint quite there yet. [COLOR="blue"]The Biggz Boyz (c) beat Dark Nightmare[/COLOR] in 13.03 when Bart pinned Flex (C-) After the match I, Butcher joined with Tijuana Vampire to attack the tag champions, and when Flex tried to join in he was pushed away (D) [COLOR="blue"]Mayan Idol beat Johnny Bloodstone[/COLOR] in 6.34 with an Aztec Lariat (C) -Bloodstone continues to make people look good Sammy Bach cut a promo asking why Rockwell didn’t ask him for help, and speculated that it was Alex Braun’s doing, always thinking he knew the bet thing to do (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Snap Dragon beat Sammy Bach[/COLOR] in 12.11 after rolling through (C) -Decent match, and when Bach grabbed a hold of Snap Dragon’s tights the masked man managed to roll through and put his feet on the ropes, picking up the win Deano Machino called out JD Morgan, telling him he was the last reminder of the Sneer Corporation now that Scarlett Samurai had picked up a major injury in Japan. Machino acknowledged that this was Morgan’s last match before he left CZCW, and wanted to test his skills out against his former Corporation partners skills (D) [COLOR="blue"]Deano Machino beat JD Morgan[/COLOR] in 16.02 with a Cradle Piledriver (C) -Okay, may have given away the winner with Machino’s promo Rockwell and Alex Braun came out to remind everyone that they had caused the downfall of the Sneer Corporation, and they could stop any new alliance springing up to take its place (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Human Arsenal and Guide beat Chris Rockwell and Alex Braun[/COLOR] in 22.18 when Arsenal pinned Braun (C) -This was always going to be a competitive but not stunning match, and I got what I expected. The crowd were surprised though as years after Guide debuted [B]Scout[/B] made a run in to give the heels the victory, and at long last The New Wave are in CZCW We ended with a beatdown / momentum killer, where Bach came out to aid Rockwell and Braun (E+) [I]Overall Rating C-[/I] That show lacked a little punch, but at long last I’ve signed Scout to complete The New Wave. Scout’s been on the radar for a long time, but the Internet has led me to believe that he had low destiny. Still , I thought several times about signing him, before he signed a written deal with BHOTWG. Meanwhile, I always planned Human Arsenal and Guide to be joined by one other. In consideration for this role were Deano Machino, Johnny Bloodstone and Sammy Bach. Just before I had to make the decision Scout signs a new deal on PPA terms, and I make a quick change of plans and reform The New Wave. Let’s see how it turns out. I allow myself that signing as JD Morgan leaves. A useful wrestler who never moaned about his defeats (despite being one of my must over wrestlers in the US he had a 29-1-21 record), but after the break up of The Sneer Corporation I didn’t have anything for him. Oh, and then I make three more signings. They’re all heading for the tag division as I’ve gutted it recently. [B]CZCW This Is How We Do It[/B] Mid South (attendance 435) [COLOR="blue"]Johnny Bloodstone beat Teddy Powell[/COLOR] in 6.48 with a Bloodstone Mutilation (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Rag & Perkins beat Flying Jimmy Foxx and Adam Matravers[/COLOR] in 7.36 with a Wake Up Call (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Scout beat Fox Mask[/COLOR] in 15.56 with a Special Force (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Deano Machino beat American Elemental[/COLOR] in 13.36 with a Cradle Pildedriver (D+) [I]-Didn’t click, so Scout gets to takes the plaudits[/I] [I]Overall Rating D+[/I] Three debuts, and Rage & Perkins are back in CZCW with a win. No Insane Machine though. Teddy Powell actually wasn’t one of the three signings I said I made; he was an extra one, filling the role of cheap jobber. Adrenaline Rush aren’t happening anytime soon – not yet, anyway. Rick Money leaves SWF. He had a decent run, but for some reason never had his contract renewed. He’s now at the stage where I could sign him and he’d instantly become one of my top stars. Must… resist… Announced for [B]CZCW Year in Review 2001:[/B] Plague vs Flex Alex Braun and Sammy Bach vs The New Wave Troy Tornado vs Acid Mayan Idol vs Deano Machino vs Snap Dragon The Biggz Boyz (c) vs Tijuana Vampire and I, Butcher for the SoCal Tag Titles Human Arsenal (c) vs Chris Rockwell for the SoCal Championship

• 3 weeks later...
December: Troy Tornado signs a new deal, getting the largest pay rise I’ve given to anyone in a while. Mayan Idol also re-signs. [B]CZCW Year in Review 2001[/B] South West (attendance 2,000) [COLOR="Blue"]The Biggz Boyz (c) beat Tijuana Vampire and I, Butcher[/COLOR] in 12.01 when Bart pinned Tij (D+) Flex consoled his colleagues after the match, and was ignored (D) [COLOR="blue"]Canadian Cat beat Johnny Bloodstone[/COLOR] by DQ in 6.13 (C-) -The Canadian Cat hits CZCW! Er, okay then. These two did damned well for two unknowns, proving the Canada is pushing out some top talent at the moment. Bloodstone locked in his finisher but refused to release when THE CAT reached the ropes, so the DQ was called Bloodstone still didn’t release the hold so out from the back sprinted Fox mask for the save. Yes, that’s right, chemistry pending we’re teaming up The Fox and the Cat (E) [COLOR="blue"]Plague beat Flex[/COLOR] in 8.31 after Flex was attacked by Tijuana Vampire and I, Butcher (C-) -Flex was never going to win this one, and his former allies attacking him sure didn’t help Flex’s (former) colleagues bundled in after the match but Flex fought them off and dived out of the ring, grabbing a mic. He declared that next week when CZCW went to Mexico he wanted Tijuana Vampire in a match and he’d make sure he never came back from h the dead (E+) Deano Machino came out to complain about how he beat Troy Tornado in a match two months ago yet somehow Tornado gets to fight for the Number One Contendership later on. He declared that management were clearly biased against him, but he promised to keep on winning (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Snap Dragon beat Mayan Idol and Deano Machino[/COLOR] in 18.57 when Snappy pinned Deano (C+) -The underdog got probably his biggest singles win in CZCW here, although he probably had Mayan Idol to thank for it. Snappy ducked an Aztec Lariat that annihilated Deano Machino, and then threw Mayan Idol over the ropes allowing him to steal the pin Alex Braun and Sammy Bach came out and Braun thanked New Wave – they’ve given himself and Bach a reason to put their differences behind them to concentrate on a common enemy (D) [COLOR="blue"]The New Wave beat Alex Braun and Sammy Bach[/COLOR] when Scout pinned Braun (D+) -Slightly disappointing (especially considering the time we gave it), but to Bach’s frustration Scout pinned Braun Troy Tornado came out to cut a promo saying that Deano Machino only beat him by cheating and drawing blood, yet he still fought on and almost got the win. He said that was the spirit that management was looking for, not any perceived bias (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Acid beat Troy Tornado [/COLOR]in 15.45 with an Acid Rain Bomb (C+) -As we knew Morton and Tornado had good chemistry we got what we expected – a good match. It would have been logical to have Machino interfering for the finish, but I don’t like too many tainted finished so this one was clean Human Arsenal and Chris Rockwell came out with Queen Emily and Dream Girl to argue about one another’s chances of winning, Rockwell’s choice in skanky women and Emily’s bitchiness (D+) Incidentally, Chris Perkins might have to change his name – I’m in risk of booking him in the Main Event instead of Rockwell one of these days [COLOR="blue"]Chris Rockwell beat Human Arsenal (c)[/COLOR] in 22.17 for the [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]SoCal Championship[/COLOR] (B-) -New Wave were inevitably out, but Rockwell proved to have allies in the shape of Alex Braun, Sammy Bach and Mayan Idol. They were more than enough to keep the match clean, and Human Arsenal’s reign came to an end just under 12 months after it began, after he tapped to the Fujiwara Armbar. Post match celebration (involving a kiss with Dream Girl)? Check (C) [I]Overall Rating C+[/I] Yes, I’ve asked the talented Owen Love to don his Canadian Cat mask to form a team with Fox Mask. If he hadn’t signed it was going to be Panda Mask. Regardless of what you think, he and Johnny Bloodstone just put on a great match for two unknowns. Not as good as the Main Event where Rockwell finally became champion, ending Human Arsenal’s reign a week before his year anniversary, but more of a hidden gem. Plague signs a new deal, taking a pay cut. [B]CZCW On Tour[/B] Northern Mexico (attendance 76) [COLOR="Blue"]Chris Perkins beat Flying Jimmy Foxx[/COLOR] in 7.06 with a Termination Kick (E-) -Nice kick, but even the Mexicans know a match between jobbers when they see one [COLOR="blue"]Sammy Bach beat Teddy Powell [/COLOR]in 9.05 with a Back On Your Back (D-) -The first match between the two great friends – and maybe the last, as they didn’t click at all [COLOR="blue"]Mayan Idol beat Guide[/COLOR] in 10.39 with an Aztec Lariat (D) -More poor chemistry. Did I know about that? Ah, yes, from 20 months ago. [COLOR="blue"]Flex beat Tijuana Vampire[/COLOR] in 15.29 with a Romeo is Bleeding (C) [I]Overall Rating C-[/I] I thought that show had D+ written all over it. I’m not one to argue. It was, however, the last match in CZCW for Tijuana Vampire. I have cheaper alternatives that can do better than him, and his team with Flex wasn’t going anywhere. Flex drove him through a table to ensure he wouldn’t be coming back anytime soon. He leaves with a 21-66 record. Sean McFly and Victoria Stone get engaged, and Fox Mask signs a new deal. RPW go under just before Christmas – their Main Events of Dylan Sidle vs Cousin Ezra just not up to the Alex Braun vs Silver Shark man events of previous years. And in shock news, XFW follow them out the door, and the East Cast battle has got a little quieter.

2001 – Looking Back Wrestler of the Year – [B]Koryusai Kitoaji[/B] Young Wrestler of the Year – [B]Jack DeColt[/B] Female Wrestler of the Year – [B]Sensational Ogiwara (5)[/B] Veteran Wrestler of the Year – [B]Yoshifusa Maeda[/B] Promotion of the Year – [B]SWF (5)[/B] Most Improved Promotion of the Year – [B]WLW[/B] Match of the Year – [B]No Way Jose beat Sam Keith[/B] at SWF Break Like The Wind (A*) Show of the Year – [B]SWF Wrestling Tonight[/B] Mayan Idol at #57 and Sebastian Krause at #100 is my interest in the Top 100, justifying effectively releasing Krause for Idol 2001 – the year that once more SWF continued to dominate the entire planet, while HGC once more got less popular. 5SSW did make it to National again, but only briefly. BHOTWG once more bounced between Cult and National as PGHW and GCG proved the only other companies able to stay National. The year when Scarlett Samurai, Hirokumi Saito, The Silence, Victoria Stone, Flare, Raku Makuda and Nathan Priest suffered career threatening injuries. The year that saw the death of Beautiful Babette, and the engagement of Sean McFly and Victoria Stone (who’s rehabbing after a Major Concussion) and Archangel and Devorah Triton. The year when Pistol Pete Hall finally came back to wrestling, becoming the leading light with new promotion USPW. The year that saw Human Arsenal just miss out on a year long SoCal Championship reign, losing it to Chris Rockwell a week before the anniversary. The Tag Titles went from The Sneer Corporation (who lost them when Hell Monkey left) to Team Mexico (who lost them when Electrico left) to The Biggz Boyz. If the current champions drop the title for any other reason than one of them leaving it’ll be the first time that I haven’t been forced into a tag title change since Troy Tornado and Guide dropped the titles almost two years ago. Meanwhile, Deano Machino was the surprise winner of the King of the Indies tournament, while I tried to cut down the roster by letting 14 wrestlers leave. I only signed 12 wrestlers to replace them. Can Chris Rockwell recreate the long reigns of Human Arsenal, Tayler Morton and Plague (as Black Samurai)? His first defence will be against Acid, who features on that list somewhere… Announced for [B]CZCW New Year Rising[/B]: Sammy Bach, Alex Braun and Plague vs Human Arsenal and New Wave The Fox and The Cat vs Johnny Bloodstone and Flying Jimmy Foxx Flex vs I, Butcher Mayan Idol and Troy Tornado vs Deano Machino and Snap Dragon The Biggz Boyz (c) vs Rage & Perkins for the SoCal Tag Titles Chris Rockwell (c) vs Acid for the SoCal Championship

Interesting to see what 2001 was in your game :) Sammy Bach, Alex Braun and Plague vs [B]Human Arsenal and New Wave[/B] [B]The Fox and The Cat[/B] vs Johnny Bloodstone and Flying Jimmy Foxx [B]Flex[/B] vs I, Butcher [B]Mayan Idol and Troy Tornado[/B] vs Deano Machino and Snap Dragon The Biggz Boyz (c) vs [B]Rage & Perkins for the SoCal Tag Titles[/B] [B]Chris Rockwell (c)[/B] vs Acid for the SoCal Championship

[B]Sammy Bach, Alex Braun and Plague[/B] vs Human Arsenal and New Wave [B]The Fox and The Cat[/B] vs Johnny Bloodstone and Flying Jimmy Foxx Flex vs [B]I, Butcher[/B] [COLOR=DarkRed]<---- Get 'em Butcher!!! [/COLOR][IMG]http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv17/BassetHnd/11.gif[/IMG] Mayan Idol and Troy Tornado vs [B]Deano Machino and Snap Dragon The Biggz Boyz (c)[/B] vs Rage & Perkins for the SoCal Tag Titles Chris Rockwell (c) vs [B]Acid[/B] for the SoCal Championship

Sammy Bach, Alex Braun and Plague vs [B]Human Arsenal and New Wave[/B] [I]- Human Arsenal starts to rehab his momentum as he looks to regain his SoCal title.[/I] [B]The Fox and The Cat[/B] vs Johnny Bloodstone and Flying Jimmy Foxx [I]- I'm a huge Owen Love fan, Fox is CZCW to the core and Bloodstone gets paid to make people look good. Oh and one team has a name.[/I] Flex vs [B]I, Butcher[/B] [I]- How does Flex keep avoiding being cut?[/I] [B]Mayan Idol and Troy Tornado[/B] vs Deano Machino and Snap Dragon [I]- I mark for Idol, although this could easily go either way I'm going with the Mexican Tornadoes for the win.[/I] [B]The Biggz Boyz (c)[/B] vs Rage & Perkins for the SoCal Tag Titles [I]- Chris Perkins will not win until he changes he name OR unless eayragt accidentally books him in the match below as the champ.[/I] [B]Chris Rockwell (c)[/B] vs Acid for the SoCal Championship [I]- Even if Rockwell is a transitional champ, he gets more than a month long reign.[/I]

• 3 years later...

January

CZCW New Year Rising

South West (attendance 2,000)

The Fox and The Cat beat Johnny Bloodstone and Flying Jimmy Foxx in 10.08 when Fox pinned Foxx ©

-Now that’s just typical – why didn’t I test this in the dark? Fox Mask and Canadian Cat don’t work well as a team. Well, tough, they’re a team for now. Perhaps not a long term arrangement. Good match though

American Elemental beat Teddy Powell in 5.51 with an Inferno Splash (D+)

Sammy Bach, Alex Braun and Plague were out for the tag match, with Bach telling Plague to be careful of Braun – they both have the same experience of one minute being allies with him, the next enemies (D)

Human Arsenal and New Wave beat Sammy Bach, Alex Braun and Plague in 17.47 when Arsenal pinned Bach (C+)

-This show has started well, but Bach and Braun had difficulty working as a team, leading to Plague giving up and walking off. As it became 3 vs 2 Braun did get one near-fall, before Arsenal delivered the Ammo Dump to Bach

Flex called out I, Butcher and told him that he left Tijuana Vampire a bleeding wreck in Mexico a fortnight ago, and he’s going to do the same to Butcher here (D)

Flex beat I, Butcher in 8.28 with a Romeo is Bleeding (C-)

-I, Butcher brought a chair to the ring, but when he used it Flex stopped the referee calling for the bell. The match continued until Flex hit a Romeo is Bleeding through a table, before making the pin. That’s Butcher gone as well now.

The Biggz Boyz © beat Rage & Perkins in 9.33 when Brett pinned Rage (C-)

-I had this one bagged as a D+ at best, so I’m very happy. Rage and Perkins weren’t getting the win here, though

Troy Tornado came out to cut an interview, saying that last month he was distracted by Deano Machino’s claim, and was glad that he could get over them in the best possible way tonight – with a Star Maker (C-)

Deano Machino and Snap Dragon beat Mayan Idol and Troy Tornado in 20.50 when Snap Dragon pinned Tornado ©

-Idol and Tornado were going so well until Deano Machino ducked an Aztec Lariat, and Troy Tornado (the legal man) took the full force of it. Machino took himself and Idol over the top rope, and Snap Dragon stole a pin for the second month running

Chris Rockwell came out looking slightly bored. He told the crowd that everyone recognised him as the greatest wrestler in CZCW, and couldn’t believe he was forced into proving this against a masked freak (D+)

Chris Rockwell © beat Acid in 16.28 with a Fujiwara Armbar (C+)

-Acid use hit and run moves to attack Rockwell, but once caught was no match for the larger man. Rockwell took great pleasure in tying Acid up, and making him tap out.

After the match Chris Rockwell took a mic from ringside, and asked the crowd if they enjoyed what they just sure. When they agreed, Rockwell laughed, and told them that was the last time they’d see a match of that quality – as he’s leaving, and he’s taking the SoCal Championship with him. Dream Girl tried to ask him what was going on, but Rockwell just pushed her away, asking her is she realised that she had just been used by him to nullify Queen Emily’s threat – there was no “Rockwell and Dream Girl”.

Cliff Anderson stood up from the announce booth and told Rockwell that he’s not going anywhere. The champion refuted this, telling the boss that his contract was up this week, and he’s not going to sign a new deal – there’s only so long he can perform in this rat hole. Anderson told Rockwell that he didn’t care about that – he wasn’t welcome back after tonight, but this night was not finished. He could keep booking Rockwell in matches all night long until he dropped the title, and he was sure that his manager, who is the only person that has to agree to these matches, wouldn’t have a problem with this (to which a teary Dream Girl nodded her head). Rockwell grinned, and told Anderson that he hasn’t thought this through. He’s the one who makes it clear to the wrestlers each and every month that the Grissom Auditorium only has a license until 10:30pm – and at just gone 10:20pm how many matches does he expect to happen in that time? Anderson nodded, saying that Rockwell was right, and it was time to stop wasting time. He was booking right now a no DQ no Count Out Eight Man SoCal Championship Match with the first seven wrestlers to make it too the ring – and the match starts right now ©

Chris Rockwell © vs Bart Biggz vs Brett Biggz vs Flex vs Fox Mask vs Canadian Cat vs Deano Machino vs Sammy Bach for the SoCal Championship

-The Biggz Boyz were first out, followed by Flex, Fox and Cat (who must hang around backstage with their masks on), Deano Machino and then Alex Braun… with Sammy Bach hot on his heels… with a towel around his waist. The youngster beat Braun into the ring to become the eighth man, although he had to bail out quickly and head over to a conveniently placed merchandise seller to grab a pair of trunks. How impressed he was that they had “Braun Damage” emblazoned on them I’m not sure.

Rockwell took out the Biggz Boyz, and then decided to arm himself with a chair, which made himself a less tempting target. However he was almost caught out when Deano Machino went to pin Bart Biggz, but the tag champ was able to kick out. Rockwell entered the ring with his chair and everyone bailed, just leaving the champion in side, looking around menacingly. His opponents had a quick conversation and the Biggz Boyz and Fox and Cat each climbed up a turnbuckle. Brett was the first to leap at Rockwell, and he was swatted out of the sky. However, Rockwell was hit by a Missile Dropkick from Bart, and then was hit by two frog splashes, one from Fox Mask, one from Canadian Cat. The Cat went for the pin… and was pulled off by Sammy Bach. Flex went for a Romeo is Bleeding on Rockwell but was hit with a low blow, and Brett Biggz had to pull Rockwell off Flex.

The match settled down into a period of faces ganging up on one of the heels until he was ready to be pinned, but then someone was always there to break the pin. At this stage a smartly dressed man came out to talk to Cliff (it was my user character, in the role of Grissom Auditorium Events Manager), before sitting down to one side. The match continued for several minutes and myself and Anderson started arguing, when Human Arsenal, Guide and Scout came down to the ring. Although unable to win the title, they were determined to ensure that Rockwell would not walk out champion. He received a Guided Missile, Special Force and Ammo Dump, and the New Wave grabbed Fox Mask and dumped him on the champion. At 2 and a half Sammy Bach yanked Fox Mask from the ring, but was met by a clothesline from Flex as he tried to replace Fox. Human Arsenal shook his head and gave Rockwell a kick for good measure, and led his troops away from the ring.

Rockwell seemed to be unconscious at this point, and everyone tried to take turns at making the pin before someone broke it up. Even when Bart got Brett to stand guard, Sammy Bach dragged the ref out of the ring to he couldn’t make the pin. At that point the house lights came up and the timekeeper was forced to ring the bell – the match couldn’t go on any longer

Time Limit Draw in 17:00 – Rockwell retains his title (B-)

Overall Rating C

Um – a C? I’ll just accept it as a very high C.

Two workers to leave. I, Butcher was always going. Chris Rockwell wasn’t. Rockwell was about as over as he could be to still want to join a Regional promotion nine months ago, and since then his televised work with NOTBPW (which goes out in the US) has pushed him above this threshold, and he no longer wishes to work for a Regional promotion. He leaves with a 14-2-1 record.

So why didn’t I give the belt to Acid? Well, firstly because if BHOTWG go National again anytime soon I’ll also be losing him, and secondly… he just wasn’t really in my title plans. It does allow me to go down another route, and allowed me to run a surprisingly good Main Event with some of my midcarders.

Huh, Tijuana Vampire becomes MHW Universal Champion. Perhaps they didn’t trust him with the belt when he was working in the US. How long he will remain with the remains to be seen, as he also works for OLLIE, who have just gone National. Another of their employees – Mayan Idol.

LAW go out of business, their TV program eventually too expensive for them. As their world champions were Travis Century, Captain USA and Corporal Doom, I don’t think they’ll be missed too much.

American Elemental signs an extension, as a young Remo starts his career with… NYCW?

Did I just do that? Did I just revive this thread... over three years later? Not really - it was mentioned in the Mafia thread, and I remembered that I never posted the last show. I found it, read it, and felt that I needed to share Sammy Bach running to the ring wearing nothing but a towel.

I've got half a show written up but I don't know if I ever booked it. Time to crank the game up and have a look. Although I'm not even sure it's on this computer...

Do I plan to continue this? I don't think so... we'll see, but consider it unlikely.

Archived