CZCW '97 - A Coastal Zone even back then

[CENTER][I][B][SIZE="6"]CZCW '97[/SIZE][/B][/I][/CENTER] Since 2004 we have been shown behind the curtain of CZCW … but even before that, CZCW was a hotbed for young, talented wrestlers. And they weren’t Cult back then either. So let me take you back to 1997, with a diary that will hopefully prove to be homage to the greatest running set of diaries in Total Extreme Wrestling history. Let me [B]Welcome you to the Coastal Zone.[/B] [B]The Unauthorised, Unoffical Prequel.[/B] [QUOTE]Where would this diary be without Adam Ryland, Derek B or Infinitywpi? Nowhere, and that’s the truth. With ’97 diaries popping up for Japan and the East Coast, it’s time to see how the West Coast does it. Don’t expect me to compete with the other diaries for show write ups and characterisation – my main aim is to play the game. Running a diary just keeps it all in cohesion, and if anyone’s interested they can enjoy the ride with me.[/QUOTE]

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]January:[/B] So, let’s see, what have I got? Some talent on the roster, that’s for sure. Never going to stop me approaching some people who have never even heard of the company, so the Main Event scene may change, while Anderson sets out his goals: Increase Promotion Ranking in two years (currently #18) Cannot hire anyone with less than D- in basics, toughness or industry reputation What is clear is that Alex Braun and Troy Tornado are the two gems of CZCW – hence the offers are coming in all over the place for them. Craig Prince doesn’t even talk to me, but I make three foreign signings, one that I hype as a mysterious big name signing for the next show. For those unfamiliar with a ’97 CZCW (which will be most of you), my roster looks a little like this: Main Event: Alex Braun, Fumihiro Ota, Silver Shark Upper Midcard: Tayler Morton, Human Arsenal, Nathan Priest Midcard: Dog Fyte, Troy Tornado, The Gilbert Brothers, Clark Alexander The rest: Flex & Pecs, Chris Perkins, Tate Lyall, Enrique Sanchez, Flying Jimmy Foxx Rock Downpour and Cliff Anderson (the boss) sit on commentary, while Arnold Westbury and Preston Holt (the boss's best friend) perform the Road Agenting duty. For those unfamiliar with the roster, there are three men who are better known for gimmicks taken on later in their career. Nathan Priest is Whippy the Clown, and has started using face paint recently. Tayler Morton is Acid, and Chris Perkins, who has never won a CZCW match, is Insane Machine. [B]Titles:[/B] CZCW SoCal Champion: Alex Braun (3rd reign, former champions include Fumihiro Ota, Silver Shark, Super Joyusha, Brent Hill and Duane Stone) CZCW Tag Champions: The Gilbert Brothers (2nd reign, Flex & Pecs the only other champions since the title was first won in 1996). King of the Indies: Fumihiro Ota (Super Joyusha and Alex Braun won previously)

[B]CZCW New Year Rising[/B] South East (attendance 740) [B]Tayler Morton beat Troy Tornado[/B] in 11.55 with a Rain Bomb (D+) -Great start to my career, with the fabled great chemistry discovered Alex Braun cuts a promo wondering who CZCW’s mystery signing is, and is stunned when Super Joshuya, a former SoCal champion, announces that he’s back in CZCW for his title (D)! [B]Human Arsenal beat Nathan Priest[/B] by submission in 10.54 even though Priest had his foot on the ropes (D-) -They didn’t click at all. That’ll trust me to gloat Priest sat glumly in the ring… he’s not truly a clown yet… (F+) [B]The Gilbert Brothers (c) beat Sanchez and Perkins[/B] in 7.58 with the Double Slap Shot (E+) [B]Super Joshuya beat Silver Shark[/B] in a ladder match in 12.53 (D) -Chemistry overload tonight… and these two didn’t show it. Joshuya overdid the celebrations, leading to Braun coming out to tell him to “clear off”, he can’t just waltz back in act like he’s the number one contender (D-) [B]Alex Braun (c) beat Fumihiro Ota[/B] with a roll up, despite the distraction of Joshuya coming back down to the ring (C-) Braun angrily lunged for Joshuya who backtracked, pointing at Braun’s title (D-) [I]Overall Rating D+[/I] Anderson decides to give me one more goal, to be more popular in the US in three years time. I can work with that – rather that than a financial goal. Steve DeColt and Nobuatsu Tatsuko laugh off my advances, while Troy Tornado and Flex join XFW while Alex Braun heads to NEW. I call Emma Chase into negotiations, but can’t agree anything. It was nice having her in my office though. I sign one more worker, leaving my roster looking rather top heavy… and then one more youngster to give the lower echelons of my roster a bit a balance. Who knows he may even become a CZCW legend… but will he be able to continue to use the ridiculous name of Snap Dragon?

[QUOTE=infinitywpi;521762]I really should look at a '97 mod sometime. Heh. I remember when Silver Shark seemed like a good guy to try and dbring into the Zone... turns out he's been there... :)[/QUOTE] Yeah, I seem to have always looked at him, but he always wants serious money due to his exposure in Japan. This way I get him before his ego gets fuelled too much :D

February: Joe Gilbert changes into a cruiserweight. Just not a very good one. [B]CZCW Leap into Action[/B] South West (attendance 714) [B]Tate Lyall beat Flying Jimmy Foxx [/B]in 4.04 (E) [B]Troy Tornado beat Snap Dragon[/B] in 6.31 with the Star Maker (D) Troy Tornado let the crowd know that they were privileged to be watching him, as he’s had offers from across the world to wrestle (D-) [B]Silver Shark beat Chris Perkins[/B] in 9.06 with Jaws of Life (D) [B]Super Joshuya beat Nathan Priest[/B] in 12.57 after a low blow (D+) Nathan Priest grabbed the ref after the match to complain, and was told to brighten up (E+) Human Arsenal introduced his partner, former SoCal champ Brent Hill, and declared together they were two wrestling machines (E+). What? Cornell got it from somewhere. [B]Human Arsenal and Brent Hill beat Flex and Pecs[/B] in 11.42 after Hill hit the King of the Hill on Flex (C-) [B]Alex Braun beat Tayler Morton [/B]in 14.37 after interference on Morton by Super Joshuya (C) Braun grabbed a mic and addressed Joshuya, saying that he had a proposition for him. Next month Joshuya would keep his nose out of Braun’s business for one night, and if he managed that and won his match, he’d be given a title shot. Joshuya bowed, and Braun added that he knew the perfect person to take him on in that match, but refused to say who it was (D) [I]Overall Rating C-[/I] Being the impatient type, I decide to run a “B” show this month, still in the South West. It’ll give some of my workers that I currently forget about a chance, while hopefully not damaging the company. Just before hand we issue Chris Perkins with a new contract, because as we think he’s got potential, just not the gimmick… [B]CZCW This is How We Do It[/B] South West (attendance 300) Dog Fyte beat Chris Perkins in 7.33 (D-) Flex and Pecs beat Foxx and Sanchez in 6.38 (E+) Pablo Rodriguez beat Snap Dragon in 11.55 (D+) Fumihiro Ota beat Clark Alexander in 9.47 (D) [I]Overall Rating D[/I] Nope, a new contract didn’t change Perkin’s fortune.

March: Damn. Super Joshuya tore his stomach match with HGC against Paul Steadyfast. There goes the one match I had booked on this card. Tayler Morton gets given a new contract, while Clark Alexander joins NEW. And apparently Fumihiro Ota and Anderson have developed hatred towards one another, which is rather unwise from Ota’s point of view. [B]CZCW Gearing Up[/B] South West (attendance 710) [B]Pablo Rodriguez, Flex and Pecs beat Nathan Priest, Enrique Sanchez and Flying Jimmy Foxx [/B]in 6.31 when Rodriguez pinned Foxx after a Sinner’s Salvation (E+) -Yuck, not helped by Pecs being completely off his game Cliff Anderson got up from the announce table and announced that due to injury Super Joshuya would not be here tonight. Therefore, his scheduled opponent, The Great Hisato, would take on former champion Brent Hill, with the winner taking on Alex Braun for the title at Spring Break Bash (E) [B]Snap Dragon beat Joe Gilbert[/B] in 4.45 after a flash roll up (E+) -They didn’t click, so it could have been a whole lot worse After the match Jesse joined Joe in the ring, putting the hockey sticks to Dragon (F) Troy Tornado came out to cut another promotion of the worldwide interest in his services, before being interrupted by Dog Fyte, who pointed out how he actually wrestled outside the US, unlike Tornado. That was enough to start a match (E+) [B]Troy Tornado beat Dog Fyte[/B] in 7.38 by DQ (D-) -Dog Fyte backed Tornado into the corner and started unloading with punches. The ref tried to intervene, but Dog Fyte would not stop, and got DQ’d. Tornado and Fyte continued to brawl up the aisle, and through The Great Hisato (who was coming out for his match), which led to the debutant pushing Tornado away (E-) [B]Brent Hill beat The Great Hisato[/B] in 17.39 after a King of the Hill (D+) -Human Arsenal was ringside, and the ref concentrated on him so much he failed to notice Troy Tornado push Hisato off the top rope into the waiting arms of Hill. Braun came out and cut a promo, mocking Super Joshuya’s cowardice at failing to meet the challenge he set down last month (C) [B]Alex Braun and Silver Shark beat Tayler Morton and Fumihiro [/B]Ota in 15.32 (D) -Shark was off his game, but under Anderson orders it was him who pinned Ota. [I]Overall Rating D-[/I] Worst show of the year so far... and it gets even better when Brent Hill hands in his notice, as SWF have signed him to a development deal. I’m not even going to put on an extra show, I’m just going to have to deal with it at Spring Break Bash, which is going to look nothing I originally had planned. Flying Jimmy Foxx is also allowed to leave, not tough enough for Cliff Anderson standards.

April: Hmm, lost the regional battle last month. We so should have run another show. [B]CZCW Spring Break Bash[/B] South West (attendance 675) The show started with the announcement that due to Brent Hill leaving, Human Arsenal would take on Super Joshuya (who healed up just in time) right now, with the winner going onto the Main Event (D-) [COLOR="Blue"]Super Joshuya beat Human Arsenal [/COLOR]in 12.31 with a J-Drop (C-) Pablo Rodriguez cut a promo on the sinners of this world – which included Brent Hill for taking the option of greed, and Nathan Priest for defiling the face that God gave him (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Pablo Rodriguez beat Nathan Priest[/COLOR] in 10.32 with a Sinner’s Salvation (D-) Snap Dragon announced he had a partner to take on the Gilberts – he would join the debuting Fox Mask as The Flying Animals (E) [COLOR="blue"]The Flying Animals beat The Gilbert Brothers (c)[/COLOR] in 9.02 by [B]DQ[/B] (D-) -The challengers attacked from every angle, eventually frustrating the champs into using their hockey sticks. [COLOR="blue"]The Great Hisato and Tayler Morton beat Troy Tornado and Dog Fyte[/COLOR] in 14.13 after Hisato hit the Mystic Dragon Wave on Dog Fyte (D+) -Tornado and Fyte were not on the same page at all, and finished the match arguing with their backs turned to their opponents… not a wise move. Troy Tornado snatched a mic on the way out of the ring and demanded a match with Dog Fyte, and he wanted it as soon as possible (E) [COLOR="blue"]Fumihiro Ota beat Silver Shark[/COLOR] in 16.29 with a Ninja Strike (D+) Alex Braun cut a promo on Joshuya, accusing him of cheating his way into a title shot on his own terms (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Super Joshuya beat Alex Braun (c) [/COLOR]in 17.39 with a J Drop (C-) -Good match, with Joshuya having to resort to exposing a turnbuckle as he tired, but it had the desired effect of opening Braun up and slowing him down Joshuya celebrated with his title to the none too pleased crowd (D-) [I]Overall Rating D+[/I] No, the plan wasn’t for Braun to drop to title to Hill, but what’s wrong with the classic replacement challenger wins the title scenario? Joshuya is now two time champion having had a six month title reign in 95/96. I got my first backstage incident, with Dog Fyte pulling an ill advised prank backstage. I gave him as stern warning, but don’t think that the message got through. [B]CZCW This is How We Do It[/B] South West (attendance 300) Silver Shark beat Jesse Gilbert in 7.20 (D+) Joe Gilbert beat Fox Mask in 4.48 after Jesse interfered (E+) Flex and Pecs beat Tate Lyall and Chris Perkins in 9.11 (E+) Dog Fyte beat Enrique Sanchez in 7.54 (D-) Fumihiro Ota beat Troy Tornado after Dog Fyte interfered in 12.42 (D) [I]Didn’t click[/I] [I]Overall Rating D-[/I] Flex and Pecs came to the ringside accompanied by Pettle… but her and Flex just couldn’t get it together, so it will be a one off appearance. After the show Dog Fyte was nowhere to be found, and after no success with being stern earlier in the month I took it gently with him

[B]May:[/B] NEW rise to Small, sign a bunch of names including Pecs, then drop back to Local via the Regional battle. AAA beat us this month with a decent event. [B]CZCW May We Entertain You[/B]: South West (attendance 762) [COLOR="Blue"]Jesse Gilbert beat Chris Perkins[/COLOR] in 6.48 with a Slap Shot (D-) Pablo Rodriguez cut another promotion about those who defile and cover their faces, which caused his partner Ota to stare daggers at him (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Pablo Rodriguez and Fumihiro Ota beat Silver Shark and Nathan Priest[/COLOR] in 13.39 when Rodriguez pinned Priest after Ota low blowed him (D) -Major off their gameness from Ota and Shark, while the heel (Rodriguez / Ota) didn’t work well as a team… which is how they were booked. Plenty of announcements afterwards for Surf Slam, with Human Arsenal and Alex Braun challenging Super Joyusha for the SoCal Championship, The Flying Animals getting a rematch for the Tag Titles, and after the last match Rodriguez would take on Silver Shark while Ota face Priest. Then Tornado hypes his match with Fyte (E) [COLOR="blue"]Dog Fyte beat Troy Tornado[/COLOR] in 8.38 after a Last Pass (E+) -Tornado joining the off their game club tonight [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun and Human Arsenal beat Flex and Pecs[/COLOR] in 10.45 after Human Arsenal hit Pecs with an Ammo Dump (D+) -Another unusual partner’s match, but the title contenders way outclassed Flex and Pecs Alex Braun hyped his title shot, pointing out how he did what he had to do tonight – while scoping out Arsenal’s weaknesses all the time (D) [COLOR="blue"]Super Joyusha beat The Great Hisato[/COLOR] in non-title ladder match in 17.15 (D+) Human Arsenal and Alex Braun commentated, and Joyusha jumped Braun as he passed. Arsenal joined in , when Dylan Sidle (currently teaming with Braun at RPW) jumped the guardrail to bail his mate out (E+) [I]Overall Rating D[/I] Preston Holt got heat after the event, but what was I meant to do – sack him? That’d be risky given his friendship with Anderson, so a gentle slap on the wrist was all he got. Fox Mask joins DaVE, and Flex signs a new deal. Meanwhile outside our little bubble, Tommy Cornell looks to be leaving SWF when his contract is up, and BHOTWG fall to Cult. Pablo Rodriguez signs up to the newly opened BBW, and whether he comes back in one piece or not remains to be seen.

[QUOTE=FINisher;525071]I have to nit pick! My turn! It's Super Joshuya! ^^[/QUOTE] You're right, and I've written the next show... and got it wrong there as well. Will I get away as saying he changed his name? Nope, as he's on TV for HGC advertising the name "Supr Joshuya", so we're going to use that. I'll have to sack the writer. Or send him to see "Men with Black Suits", I think that's on right now.

June: [B]CZCW Surf Slam[/B] South West (attendance 798) Snap Dragon and Fox Mask open up… and hype their title shot (E) [COLOR="Blue"]The Gilbert Brothers (c) beat The Flying Animals[/COLOR] in 9.03 after Joe pins Fox (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Dylan Sidle beat Tate Lyall[/COLOR] in 6.45 (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Dog Fyte beat Clark Alexander[/COLOR] in 8.43 with a Last Pass (D-) -unplanned match after discovering I couldn’t nearly fill two hours [COLOR="blue"]The Great Hisato and Tayler Morton beat Flex and Pecs[/COLOR] in 14.20 (D+) Post match Morton bowed at Hisato, who bowed back… and Morton continued bowing respectfully (E) [COLOR="blue"]Fumihiro Ota beat Nathan Priest[/COLOR] in 10.50 with a handful of tights (D) Priest does a sad clown act in the ring… to little reaction (E) Pablo Rodriguez declares that “he who covers their face does not deserve their place on this planet” (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Silver Shark beat Pablo Rodriguez[/COLOR] in 14.09 with the Jaws of Life (C-) Alex Braun hypes the Main Event (D) [COLOR="blue"]Super Joshuya (c) beat Alex Braun and Human Arsenal[/COLOR] in 15.35 after hitting the J-Drop on Braun (C-) -Human Arsenal was taken out of the match after accidentally putting himself through a table (only in wrestling), when Scarlett Samurai attacked Braun. With the ref checking on Arsenal (conveniently), Samurai and Joshuya double teamed Braun, and Joshuya got the pin. Post match beatdown, Dylan Sidle to the rescue. Can you guess what match we’ll have next show? (E) [I]Overall Rating D+[/I] Enrique Sanchez had the pleasure of losing a dark match to Scarlett Samurai, in a match that Preston Holt thought was so bad he actually slapped the youngster. Friend of Anderson’s or not, he’s fined. That’s him and Dog Fyte annoyed with me now. So, King of the Indies next month? Historic event? What have I set up – a tag match!?! Okay, the number one contender to the SoCal Championship will be decided between Silver Shark and Human Arsenal, while the eight man tournament will take pace, featuring Clark Alexander, Dog Fyte, Tayler Morton, Enrique Sanchez, Snap Dragon, Pablo Rodriguez, and two new indie talents. Better? Wait, Dog Fyte will be at a DaVE show. Consider him replaced by… Nathan Priest.

[QUOTE=foolinc;525774]I'm happily surprised that you haven't taken the titles off of the Gilbert Brothers yet. Keep up the good work![/QUOTE] If I came into the promotion from scratch there's every chance that the Gilberts would have never been handed the title. But they have the gold, there isn't really any strong contender teams (hell, Fox Mask who just got a shot is only 17), and I just haven't been able to justify shifting the titles.

July: No war in the South West this time, while NEW go Small / Local again, firing Miss Bliss in the process. And Tommy Cornell joins Nemesis on the unemployment line. [B]CZCW King of the Indies[/B] South West (attendance 898) [COLOR="Blue"]Rico Santana beat Clark Alexander [/COLOR]in 9.15 to advance (D) Newcomer Rico grabs a mic to say that he’s honoured to be able to wrestler for the legendary King of the Indies title (D) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton beat Nathan Priest[/COLOR] in 9.44 to advance (D+) Priest looks disconsolate after yet another loss, but Morton gees up the crowd for him (barely) (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Pablo Rodriguez beat Enrique Sanchez[/COLOR] in 6.58 to advance (D) Richard Blood came out to declare that he would walk away a King tonight. The crowd looked at one another not quite sure who he was (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Snap Dragon beat Richard Blood [/COLOR]in 11.31 to advance (D) Braun and Sidle go on hype duty (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun and Dylan Sidle beat Super Joshuya and Scarlett Samurai[/COLOR] in 13.35 after Braun hit Scarlett with a Braun Damage (D+) Braun declares that he knows that the number one contender will be crowned later tonight, but he’s just made himself next in line (C) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton beat Rico Santana[/COLOR] in 10.48 to advance (D) [COLOR="blue"]Pablo Rodriguez beat Snap Dragon[/COLOR] in 6.51 to advance (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Silver Shark beat Human Arsenal[/COLOR] in 18.16 with the Jaws of Life (C) -Will probably outdo the Main Event, but a damned good lead in, giving Sharky the title shot at Surfs Up. Pablo point out how he’s finished off his opponents faster than Morton in each round, and was the fresher man for the final (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton beat Pablo Rodriguez[/COLOR] in 13.42 to win the King of the Indies (C-) -Morton was accompanied to the ring by The Great Hisato, who wrestled a chair out of Rodriguez’s hand when the preacher got frustrated. From there he lost focus, and an exhausted Morton hit the Rain Bomb to win the title. Morton could barely stand as his had was raised, which made him easy picking from Rodriguez, until The Great Hisato went toe to toe with him. Rodriguez was forced from the ring, and Morton had a moment to celebrate (E+) [I]Overall Rating D+[/I] Ah well, wanted a C-, but it was not to be. Preston Holt somehow managed to get into a fight with Human Arsenal, one of the nicest in the game, so I got straight to the point and fired him. Cliff Anderson was so shocked that he didn’t even step in, and Holt has left with a severe hatred of Arsenal… and myself. I think I’ve changed the future of CZCW here, and for the better. Snap Dragon bust his nose at RPW, and Cornell, swamped by offers, decides a tour with BHOTWG is in order. [B]CZCW This is How We Do It[/B] South West (attendance 619) Dog Fyte beat Pecs (D-) Richard Blood beat Enrique Sanchez (E) [I]-Didn’t click[/I] Troy Tornado beat Fox Mask (D-) Rico Santana beat Flex (D) Fumihiro Ota beat Chris Perkins (E+) [I]-Didn’t click[/I] Tayler Morton beat Pablo Rodriguez (C-) [I]Overall Rating D+[/I] Yes, the entire point of the show was to put on the final of the King of the Indies again, and actually make it for the King of the Indies title. Yes, I forgot last time. At least I found some bad chemistry… that I can probably forget about when booking future shows, and “discover” again. And what is it with my Road Agents and Dog Fyte? Arnold Westbury, who’s doing the duty now that Holt’s, er, not here anymore, gets into a fight with the youngster, and I’m so fed up of Fyte that I only give the antagonist (Westbury) a warning.

August: Shane Stone’s signs a new contract, and we sign a manager from the fallen AMW. And it’s not Trenton Evenrud, as I’m not dealing with him backstage. [B]CZCW Wave of Fury[/B] South West (attendance 892) [COLOR="Blue"]The Gilbert Brothers (c) beat Flex & Pecs[/COLOR] in 8.45 when Joe pinned Flex (E+) Pablo Rodriguez claimed the only reason he wasn’t crowned King was due to The Great Hisato, and challenged him to a match later (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun beat Scarlett Samurai[/COLOR] in 11.47 with a Braun Damage (D+) Braun cut a quick promo, keeping himself in the title hunt (C-) [COLOR="blue"]The Flying Animals beat Tate Lyall and Enrique Sanchez[/COLOR] in 6.35 when Snappy pinned Sanchez (D-) A young lady (Devorah Triton, who’ll be known simply as “Dev”) came to the ring, and celebrated with the victors, stroking their masks (E) Richard Blood comes out and says the draw screwed him last month – if he had Rico Santana’s draw, he’d have been in the final. Rico didn’t agree, and there’s only one way to settle it (E) [COLOR="blue"]Rico Santana beat Richard Blood[/COLOR] in 9.32 (D) [COLOR="blue"]Pablo Rodriguez beat The Great Hisato[/COLOR] in 15.53 (C) -Hisato was off his game, but it was more than made up by the great chemistry between the two. Rodriguez brought a chair in the ring, but only as a distraction, as when the ref removed it he levelled Hisato with Brass Knucks. Rodriguez claimed that anyone who stepped in his way, masked or a sinner, would feel his knockout ability (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton beat Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR] in 11.56 with a Rain Bomb (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Super Joshuya (c) beat Silver Shark[/COLOR] in 10.39 by DQ (D+) -What happens when you run a DQ match? That’s right – no chemistry (and look, I ran this on my first night in charge). This was chaos, with Scarlett Samurai, The Great Hisato, Pablo Rodriguez, Alex Braun and The Flying Animals all coming out. Unfortunately for Sharky, Rodriguez ducked a flying crossbody from Fox Mask who took out Joshuya, and the ref gave him the match by DQ. Vastly outnumbered, Rodriguez retreated, and the faces went about hitting their finishers on the two remaining heels (E) [I]Overall Rating D[/I] Apart from that, slow news month. No backstage fights… although I made sure Dog Fyte wasn’t at the last show.

September: [B]CZCW Making No Exceptions[/B] South West (attendance 824) [COLOR="Blue"]Troy Tornado beat Richard Blood[/COLOR] in 3.40 with a Star Maker (D-) We learn that at CZCW Blockbuster it’ll be Champion Super Joshuya vs King of the Indies Tayler Morton vs Silver Shark vs the winner of Braun and Rodriguez later (E) [COLOR="blue"]Snap Dragon beat Scarlett Samurai[/COLOR] in 9.17 with the Dragon’s Breath (D) -Snap Dragon was supported by Dev from the ringside [COLOR="blue"]Nathan Priest beat Tate Lyall[/COLOR] in 6.39 with a Joke’s on You (D-) Priest jumped into the crowd, overjoyed that he’d broken his losing streak that had lasted all of 1997 (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Human Arsenal beat Dylan Sidle[/COLOR] in 11.57 with an Ammo Dump (D) Flex & Pecs come to the ring followed by Dog Fyte, who tells them what’s going to happen in their match, completely unaware of his partners’ bored expressions (E) [COLOR="blue"]The Great Hisato, Tayler Morton and Silver Shark beat Flex & Pecs and Dog Fyte[/COLOR] in 11.05 when Morton pinned Dog Fyte (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Super Joshuya beat Fox Mask[/COLOR] in a non title match in 7.07 with a J-Drop (C-) -That’s pretty good chemistry doing that. Dev was again ringside for Foxy. After the win Joshuya slung his title over his shoulder and posed, ignoring the boos (D) [COLOR="blue"]Fumihiro Ota beat Rico Santana[/COLOR] in 13.54 with his feet on the ropes (D+) Braun and Rodriguez agree to disagree about who will win the next match (D) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun beat Pablo Rodriguez [/COLOR]in 21.02 with a Braun Damage (D-) -Couldn’t discover good chemistry earlier without having a match suffering from poor chemistry, could we? [I]Overall Rating D[/I] Who would have thought that I’d get the last three matches completely the wrong way around? Rodriguez and Joshuya get large pay rises, as does Snap Dragon, who doesn’t ask for a rise at all. Meanwhile Tate Lyall leaves, a second one not tough enough for Cliff, and Rico Santana also exits stage left, having only been brought in on a short term deal for the King of the Indies. Although he performed well, he didn’t deserve the top dollar he was demanding, but will be welcomed back in the future. The Great Hisato declares that he’s carrying CZCW… which is all talk, as he’s worrying why I haven’t offered him a new contract yet.

October: [B]CZCW Blockbuster[/B] South West (attendance 816) First show where we’re actually using every last one of our workers. Let’s see how it pans out. [COLOR="Blue"]Dog Fyte beat Scarlett Samurai[/COLOR] in 7.53 with a Last Pass (E+) -Well, that’s poor chemistry to start the night. As Dog Fyte leaves, Troy Tornado enters, and the two exchange threatening words (E) [COLOR="blue"]Troy Tornado beat Chris Perkins[/COLOR] in 6.42 with a Star Maker (D) Richard Blood beat Clark Alexander in 5.54 (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Dylan Sidle and Nathan Priest beat Flex and Pecs[/COLOR] in 12.07 when Priest pinned Pecs (D-) As Sidle and Priest showed no chemistry as a team… they thought that they’d challenge for a Tag Title shot. Timing (E) [COLOR="blue"]Human Arsenal beat Snap Dragon[/COLOR] in 14.12 with an Ammo Dump (D) -That’s more poor chemistry [COLOR="blue"]The Gilbert Brothers (c) beat Enrique Sanchez and Tijuana Vampire[/COLOR] in 4.50 when Jesse pinned Tij (E) -Dreadful match, with Sanchez too scared to get anywhere near his debuting partner, and leaving him to the champions. Fox Mask came out with Snap Dragon and… Pettle? That was meant to be Dev (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Pablo Rodriguez beat Fox Mask [/COLOR]in 9.10 with a Sinner’s Salvation (D) Pablo Rodriguez claimed the injustice in the world was shown by the fact his was not in the Main Event tonight (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Fumihiro Ota beat The Great Hisato[/COLOR] in 13.41 with a Ninja Strike (C) Braun hyped the last match, as he’s the only one of our Main Eventers who we trust to cut a promo of any length (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton beat Super Joshuya (c), Alex Braun and Silver Shark[/COLOR] in 26.19 after pinning Joshuya after a Rain Bomb (C-) New champion = celebration (D-) [I]Overall Rating D+[/I] We have a new champion, and a backstage incident with… Dog Fyte. Fortunately for him it was just a poor backstage attitude in general, and he got away with a fatherly talk, as anything else may have seen him in serious trouble. The Great Hisato has left CZCW with his contract running out. With two of his last three matches rating “C”, I could regret this decision, but I couldn’t fit him into my Main Event scene as he desired. Much longer than that, and his famed attitude could have become a problem. His talent has ensured that he will be considered for a future run, if he does decide to continue to work in the US. Tayler Morton, Jesse Gilbert, Silver Shark, Nathan Priest, Troy Tornado and Chris Perkins all receive new contracts. Talk about lots of contracts coming up at once.

I'll be sure to read to garner ideas for my own playthrough with CZCW :p Good to see you don't stick to powergaming and are in fact using everyone on the roster. It makes for a better story. When I realised the ratings were a lot better just focusing on the great workers I stopped caring for the undercarders. But it's wrong. :) The presentation is a bit dry, but it doesn't really need more flair anyway. I like it dry :). But perhaps you could upload the pics of the Main event with a title pic in-between? I hired some women like Wanda Fish & Vixxen to get better talent which is guaranteed to stay, given NOTBPW stays Cult for 2 more years. Oh yeah, btw... the Gilbert brothers lick monkey balls. But great to have them keep their job :). A worthy new tag team will pop up in a month or so. Be sure to 'scout' for them. :P And speakin' of monkeys, perhaps you can hire Cheeky Monkey? ;)

Archived