Chris Dewing and The Booker Odyssey

I'd always considered myself to be somewhat of a wrestling officianado, and there comes a time when you think that instead of sitting around telling everyone you could do better than the bookers currently around, and actually have to get up off your arse and do something about it. And that's what I did. I quit my rather high-paying job in the banking industry, and set about finding out if there were any promotions that were looking for a booker. After a bit of research, I found the following five promotions were currently booker-less: [B]Coastal Zone Combat Wrestling Based - South West, USA Size - Small Style - Hybrid Prestige - D[/b] Using a Hybrid style, CZCW are becoming a feature of the South Western wrestling scene. With a small but talented roster, CZCW look like they could become a major player in the future. [b]Men of Steel Combat Based - Scotland, UK Size - Regional Style - Hardcore Prestige - E[/b] MOSC are currently the most popular promotion in the UK, and have reached that point by offering blood, beer and brawls to Scottish and Northern crowds. Although their roster isn't overly talented, they make up their lack of skill with determination. [b]New York City Wrestling Based - Tri State, USA Size - Small Style - Traditional Prestige - F[/b] Despite having been around for years, NYCW have never managed to find any level of success outside of the Tri State area. Many blame this on their inability to change with the times, instead relying on old school matches between veterans. [b]Ring of Fire Based - Midlands, UK Size - Local Style - Pure Prestige - F[/b] ROF offer a dose of Pure wrestling to UK fans, and are beginning to build up a base of loyal fans. Currently only running small shows in the Midlands, they continue to expand slowly. [b]Warrior Engine XXV Based - Kyushu, Japan Size - Small Style - Garbage Prestige - E[/b] WEXXV was the brain child of the legendary Ryu Kajahara, who saw a gap in the Japanese market for a truly hardcore promotion. Using his own popularity as the launch pad, WEXXV burst onto the scene in 2005 and soon had people talking. I didn't really mind where I started off, although WXEXXV was probably my least favourite choice, I wasn't too hot on Japanese wrestling. But I faced a big problem, I might have to choose between some of the promotions. So which of the promotions should I choose?

[b]Tuesday, Week 1, December[/b] No news yet from any of the federations. There were a lot of releases, mainly from BHOTWG (Silver Shark, Nariaki Hitomi, Yo****ora Shigemitsu), UCR (Miss Information, Alpha Female, Jeri Behr, Cannonball Logan and others), and TGC (Ted Ross). RESULTS: In BHOTWG, Optimus defeated Tadiyuki Kikkawa in an A rated match in the main event, whilst Super Joshuya defeated VENOM to retain the Burning Junior Championship Title. (Show: B+) In UCR, Joey Beauchamp defeated Inky the Squid Boy to retain the UCR European Title, whilst in the Main Event, Sergei Kalashnov defeated Mister Blister to retain the UCR World Combat Title. (Show: C-) In MAW, the first match ended with Eddie Howard defeating Al Coleman. The Main Event saw The Mean Machine defeat Antonio, with the Mid Atlantic Championship on the line. (Show: D) MAW's show allowed them to move up from Local status to Small status, meaning there was even more competition among the smaller US federations. [b]Wednesday, Week 1, December[/b] Talking of competition among US federations, there is no bigger competition than the "Tuesday Night Wars" between SWF and TCW. SWF's weekly TV show was highlighted by Skull DeBones and Christian Faith defeating Eric Eisen and Steve Frehley, and the Almighty Dollar defeated High Concept to win the SWF Tag Team Titles. TCW had Liberty defeat Tommy Cornell in the main event, which won him the TCW World Title, quite a shock, and a great match. Also on the card, Peter Valentine went to a time limit draw with BLZ Bubb. TCW got a B+ grade, SWF a B. Maybe TCW now have an advantage in the federation feud? [b]Thursday, Week 1, December[/b] And then four of the five promotions got bookers, leaving just WEXXV available. Crap.

Heh. Off to WEXXV you go. The main thing I don't like about them is their garbage, It would've been better if it was ATLEAST Hardcore. Either way, This'll be fun. Because it'll show you struggling to run this promotion, and if it fails, you'll be unemployed for how ever so long. Great read, Kudos to TCW to beat SWF. I hate SWF with A passion, so go TCW!

Archived