1. 1. Puresim Baseball vs. OOTP

• OOTP series
    • PureSim series
    • OOTP by a large margin
    • PureSim by a large margin
    • OOTP by a small margin
    • PureSim by a small margin
    • Undecided

Just would like to know what others feel about each of these two games. I bought OOTP6 and am greatly impressed (not even a baseball fan really), however, I have heard some great reviews about Puresim baseball. I have yet to download the demo and I will do so when I have some time but I was just wondering how others felt about these two sims. I assume OOTPBB has the greater advantage as it has been around longer and now with the "merger" with SI for the OOTP series I hope it gets even better. When casting your vote please consider the following; * AI ability (trades, smarter AI, ect) * Tracking of Stats (An indepth Almanc for past seasons played) * Customization (for mods, ect) * Version to Version importing of leagues (i.e. OOTP5 can be imported into OOTP6 for example) * Interface (User friendly or not) * Bugs (OOTP has its fair share I assume that PureSim does as well) * Future support (Which company do you believe will last the longest) * Replay value * Historical Replay value * 3rd party support Now, there may be some more factors but these are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head. Based on you vote, please post as to why you thinkj the other is better (in the long or short term). Thanks and lets dicuss. :) Here's a plug for both of these top notch developers; [url]http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/ootp/[/url] [url]http://www.puresim.com/[/url]

That's a tough question Maximus. Ootp is at version 6 and quite good after the latest patch, but I've heard people say for the solo player, Puresim is very good. I would vote ootp, becuase quite frankly it is so good I have no desire to get Puresim right now. I play ootp more than any other game and it's been quite challenging playing with the Brewers. v6 is the best yet, imo. Todd

[QUOTE=MizzouRah]That's a tough question Maximus. Ootp is at version 6 and quite good after the latest patch, but I've heard people say for the solo player, Puresim is very good. I would vote ootp, becuase quite frankly it is so good I have no desire to get Puresim right now. I play ootp more than any other game and it's been quite challenging playing with the Brewers. v6 is the best yet, imo. Todd[/QUOTE] I have heard the same about PuresSim, that its very good for solo play. In fact, that is all I do. Basically, I just wanted to know how others felt. Not that I would base my decision what others voted on but I like to read other opinions. Thanks for the feedback Todd. :) NOTE: I have yet to vote because I still have not played PureSim. I will be doing that this weekend though. I may even just buy the game to support the text sim genre. I will do the same for TPB2005 as well. ;)

I voted Pursim (by a small margin). I play Puresim more than OOTP. But I use OOTP for historical replays and such. For a fictional universe with a continuous career play, I prefer Puresim. I think the presentation of Puresim is what puts it over OOTP the solo play. With the PSPN reports and such, it draws you into the world more. With OOTP, I find myself simming one month at a time. With Puresim, I do a week at a time (mainly just to catch up on the PSPN).

LOL, looking more & more at how the poll is set-up I guess I should have done it differently. I gave options for both OOTP & PureSim but if you notice two options are OOTP & PureSim only (w/o the margin ballet). I guess that you could consider these options as a "no consideration/no doubt option". In other words, its either the one or the other & no in-between/lukewarm option, such as large/small margins. I'll be casting my vote by next week. I'll be playing PureSim this weekend. :)

Archived