Go with the finances. IMO people are overreacting to the "same region penalty" and thus are afraid that their attendance figures drop significantly, which they doesn't (I've been able to hold 10 shows in 2 months without any penalty as I recall, in the same region). And if it does, a slight drop in attendance will be negated by the fact that you're getting popular. Go with the finances. If you can do it, do it. And vice versa.

[QUOTE=FINisher;525535]Go with the finances. IMO people are overreacting to the "same region penalty" and thus are afraid that their attendance figures drop significantly, which they doesn't (I've been able to hold 10 shows in 2 months without any penalty as I recall, in the same region). And if it does, a slight drop in attendance will be negated by the fact that you're getting popular. Go with the finances. If you can do it, do it. And vice versa.[/QUOTE] This is a correct statement. I used to have this problem, but after a long game with NYCW I figured out that I could run 2 shows at 25%+ in the Tri-States without much trouble (depending on the industry and the cost of the workers I used that month, a good deal of time I made money in the 1st two months) for the 1st three months, after which NYCW hits Regional and then I start running three. The moment I start gaining a good deal of money, I expand to 4 (and start to run in New England to get to Cult as quickly as possible).

[QUOTE=Rob4590;525530]Probably depends mostly on your finances - can you afford to run 4 shows a month, and not lose money?[/QUOTE] Wrong answer. Can you run four shows a month and not be broke if nothing changes in two years (one if you want to be reckless, three if you want to be safe)? Do at least 50% of your shows raise your popularity? Are you at or near the point where you are at a D-level in Puerto Rico and can start trying to build a fanbase elsewhere? These are the important questions... not just "Can I do this financially," but "Do I get something out of it" and "Is it needed?"

Archived