The Diary of a Mad Man

[IMG]http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/2111/madman1mq.jpg[/IMG] [b]Monday, Week 1, December 2005:[/b] Well... My name is Mike Blaze and here I am December 2005. At the young age of 25. Just got done wrestling my ten year anniversary match... damn... I won't be seeing a 20 year. The story is... I attempted a Asai Moonsault... lets just put it this way... make sure the guy doing it isn't gonna puss out at the last ****ing second and let you land on your knees on the floor killing them... on that note if you can't tell i'm now retired. But hey i've spent the last 5 years helping to book some of the greatest promotions in the world to ever come out of... Calgary, Alberta, Canada.... flipping great. Promotion's no one in there right mind has even heard of. But hey I want to be in this business... but how? I don't want to announce a match or i'll be attempted to point out all the little botches in them. I can't colour commentate cause i'll start to take over the announcers job and call the match more than them. I can't ref because i'll try and take over the match. Hell all I can really think of that I can do is book. BUT no one wants me... hell no one even knows me outside of Alberta. I'm pretty much screwed. But hey... I'm a freaking Mad Man. I'll just pack my bags... book a ticket... and hope to god that whoever I apply for decides to take me. Until then... i'm going to go to sleep... but tommorow its time to look for a JOB! OOC Note: I'm actually 15 if you're wondering. And yes when i'm 25 it will be my tenth year anniversary of beginning on a show as I got my first match for Stampede Wrestling on Friday.

[IMG]http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/2111/madman1mq.jpg[/IMG] [b]Tuesday, Week 1, December 2005:[/b] Well... I said to myself i'd begin packing and looking for a job today. So I guess its time to get on the computer and find a promotion looking for applications for a booker. Coastal Zone Combat Wrestling: Well they are ok I guess. I'm not into the hybrid promotions and they're pretty small. But they have a roster that I could build up and make look really good. so I dunno. New York City Wrestling: Seriously these guys are tempting just to see if I can turn there **** around. But with the kind of workers they have I honestly don't think I could even ATTEMPT to turn around the **** they are producing. Warrior Engine XXV: ...I'm not even going to bother. After watching the videos its complete garbage... I honestly refuse to move to Japan just to book a garbage promotion. Well... 3 promotions looking for a booker... 3 promotions that I have no idea what I could do with. Warrior Engine XXV is totally out of the question. I have my problems with both NYCW and CZCW but they're the two i'll have to think of going for... So i'll pack up tonight and decide who to apply for and I guess send my application tommorow. [b]Wednesday, Week 1, December 2005:[/b] So I woke up today and looked around. Though alittle more about who i'd write down on my application sheet... and I ended up writing down Coastal Zone Combat Wrestling. Popped it in an envelope and set it all the way down to CZCW's headquarters. So now my clothes are packed, my laptop with internet is in my bag, i've just booked a ticket and tommorow i'll be leaving Calgary, Alberta to go to the location of CZCW in the good ol' South West of the USA! CZCW HERE I COME! [b]Thursday, Week 1, December 2005:[/b] I'm on the plane. I've got my laptop typing away. Awaiting an email or something hoping to god my application is accepted. But... no email... no nothin'. I'll just have to wait I guess. Wait for awhile and hope to god they do accept me. So I guess i'll just wait and give all my good ol' friends an update when I get a reply... until then... see ya! [b]Friday, Week 1, December 2005:[/b] HEY!!!!! Nevermind! HA! As soon as I got off the plane I decided to go to the headquarters and check out what was going on... Well if you didn't guess I GOT HIRED! Man I feel sorry for them they have NO idea what they're in for. I'm going to take CZCW and turn it upside down... I'm going to run through the promotion like a hurricane. It's time that a new era starts. It's time CZCW take that step from a small promotion known only among tape traders and internet smarks. To the mainstream world. It's time that Mike Blaze takes over!

[b]Friday, Week 3, December 2005:[/b] (Show is in Red... My Character Notes are in Blue.) [color=blue]My first show booking for CZCW. I bassicly got told to do whatever I wanted with just a few guidelines. The first little guideline was to begin a new focus on the shows and to switch things up in an act to shock the audience. Now I didn't want to hotshot these things but there are 3 major changes on this show that I have a feeling took the audience by surprise. But there are many more to come. So without further adu... I bring to you presented by Coastal Zone Combat Wrestling, Cliff Anderson, and Myself... CZCW Christmas Massacre![/color] [img]http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2749/christmasmassacre7bn.jpg[/img] [b]Segment 1:[/b] [color=red]The show opened with a Tag Team Title match that saw the Gilbert Brothers(Jesse and Joe Gilbert) defending the tag titles against the Nightmares(Primal Rage and Insane Machine). The match saw The Gilbert Brother's retain the titles after Joe Gilbert rolled up Insane Machine and took little time to hook the tights and steal a 3-count at 6:27 as Primal Rage beat on Jesse Gilbert on the outside.[/color] [b]Rating: D Positives: None Negatives: The match brought the crowds mood down.[/b] [b]Segment 2:[/b] [color=red]E.M.M Moe made his way down to the ring before his match with Prince Adam. E.M.M Moe cut a weird promo asking why his stock papers weren't on his desk this morning. He then said that his secretary must have been having problems with this Prince Adam fellow bugging her and stealing his stock papers. E.M.M Moe then called Prince Adam out for there match.[/color] [b]Rating: E Positives: None Negatives: The crowd didn't like it and it brought there mood down.[/b] [b]Segment 3:[/b] [color=red]The next match saw Prince Adam and E.M.M Moe not really wrestle long at all. Prince Adam picked up a victory after hitting The Prince's Finish(Tiger Driver Pin) on E.M.M Moe for the 3-count at 4:56.[/color] [b]Rating: D Positives: None Negatives: The match brought the crowds mood down.[/b] [b]Segment 4:[/b] [color=red]A quick video package was played on the in house TV's hyping up the next 3-way match as a major 3-way for the Coastal Zone Xtreme Championship between Plague, Remmy Skye, and Fox Mask.[/color] [b]Rating: F Positives: None Negatives: Crowd didn't like it[/b] [b]Segment 5:[/b] [color=red]The next match saw Plague defend his Coastal Zone Xtreme Championship against Remmy Skye and Fox Mask. Alot of different stuff in here that really got the crowd going. By the end of it the crowd were on there feet screaming "HOLY ****!" chants and just overall going crazy for the match. The ending saw the first shocker of the night as Remmy Skye hit Fox Mask with a Skye Diver as Plague was out on the outside for the 1....2....3 at 13:59! Remmy Skye is the NEW Coastal Zone Xtreme Champion![/color] [b]Rating: C Positives: None Negatives: None[/b] [b]Segment 6:[/b] [color=red]Remmy Skye took the belt and the mic and cut a promo thanking the crowd for supporting him and giving him the ability to win the title tonight. He then says he'll defend this title with honor anywhere, anytime, and against anybody. He then put the mic down and held the title up high.[/color] [b]Rating: D Positives: None Negatives: Crowd didn't like it[/b] [b]Segment 7:[/b] [color=red]Remmy Skye held the title up one last time and in the second shock of the night out of nowhere came Prince Adam. Adam clothesline Remmy from behind sending him to the mat. The crowd didn't know what was going on and Adam picked Remmy up and tossed him over the top. Adam got on the mic and called the crowd complete and utter trash. He said if the fans and championship commitee had any brains the Xtreme title would be changed in weight restriction and given to Adam right now. Adam then said that if the crowd can't tell he has taken the chance to finally seperate himself from the common folk and show his true Royal side.[/color] [b]Rating: F Positives: None Negatives: Crowd didn't like it[/b] [b]Segment 8:[/b] [color=red]The next match saw Jimmy P. and Flying Jimmy Foxx go to a 15 minute time limit draw. The match saw Jimmy P. with a noticeable advantage near the end and almost getting the 3-count but Plague made his second appearance of the night pulling Jimmy P. off the pinfall making sure he didn't get a victory. However Flying Jimmy Foxx couldn't follow up and it lead to the time limit draw.[/color] [b]Rating: C- Positives: None Negatives: The match began dragging near the middle and lacked flow, brought the crowds mood down.[/b] [b]Segment 9:[/b] [color=red]AND finally in the 3rd and biggest shock of the night. Donnie J managed to pick up a victory over Snap Dragon in 21:42 for the COASTAL ZONE CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE! The crowd was going crazy for Donnie J through the whole thing and got noticeably worried nearing the end when Snap Dragon took a long advantage. But when Snap Dragon went for a piledriver Donnie J managed to get out of it and quick as possible he caught Snap Dragon with a Death On Miami Beach for the 1....2....3!!!!![/color] [b]Rating: C Positives: Brought the crowds mood up Negatives: Donnie J was tiring toward the end[/b] [b]Segment 10:[/b] [color=red]After the match Donnie J grabbed the title and ran around the ring going crazy. He hugged the referee and kissed the female ring announcer(Farrah Hesketh). He even poured gatorade over himself and cut a short promo thanking the fans, his many girlfriends, and last but not least he thanked all the people out there who didn't beleive in him because it just made him want the big win more. He then held up the title screaming one last time before the show ended and he left the ring.[/color] [b]Rating: D Positives: None Negatives: Crowd didn't like it.[/b] [size=5]Final Show Rating: C Positives: The show has been considered a success and should have helped raise our popularity. Negatives: None[/size] [color=blue]What did I learn? Well I learnt that these fans are freaking ruthless and really hate things that arn't matches. These guys took no chance at missing out on totally screaming and bashing everything that didn't involve in ring wrestling... Well I agree with them... but i'll have to change them just alittle. If this thing wants to make it big they're gonna have to put up with alittle bit of Sports Entertainment to go with the pure wrestling... But hey Cliff Anderson thought it was a success and he owns the thing. So I guess thats all that matters.[/color]

[img]http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/2111/madman1mq.jpg[/img] [b]Tuesday, Week 4, December 2005:[/b] Christmas Massacre was a total success... but apparently the backstage area wasn't as great as the show. I talked to Cliff Anderson on Tuesday again and the general consensus between the two of us was simply that the locker room was a complete mess. There were way to many jokes and no professionalism going on. Don't get me wrong jokes are good backstage. You need "ribs" to make it a fun and happy atmosphere and keep the boys from beginning to be hateful and defiant. But there is a fine line between playful "ribs" and unprofessionalism. For one we found out not a single one of those matches except the main event actually had any planning beforehand. Now i'll admit these guys should be calling there matches in the ring at times. But at this stage they need to talk atleast abit of it over and thats why the Main Event was probablly MOTN. So after considering this. We decided that we needed some locker room leaders. So I had some negotions with some of the better workers I could find. We have come to a verbal agreement that they will work our show when available and I will pay them that night so they're officially on a Pay Per Appearance Contract. The following are the new signings: Brent Hill: Why wouldn't you sign this guy? He's loyal and has some of the best skills of any worker today. The only problem is he is an older man at 37 years old which is fairly old for this business. But that only helps the fact that we want him as a locker room leader. He is a true veteran through and through. Captain USA: When I saw this guy I basiclly said "Wow... he's ****" but when I watched more of him I found myself looking past his insanely bad wrestling and still being entertained by his performance. He got the crowd behind him like they were his puppets. Thats what I want my guys to do. Plus being almost 50 years old he is also a true veteran. Cliff Wilson: What can I say about this guy? He's the British version of Brent Hill and just 2 years younger. Plus with alittle better high flying than Brent but a slightly less Technical aspect. But hey. This guy can go and I have no problem using him. Who knows we could see him and Brent Hill have some epic battles themselves. So thats that really... i've got my guys signed and hopefully this helps the locker room. [b]Wednesday, Week 4, December 2005:[/b] Well I decided since CZCW hasn't been known to have shows in January of all times for the year. I'd announce the show and matches on there site and over the local radio stations 2 weeks before the event. The following is what I had posted on the website: [img]http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/1908/newyearsshowdown1aa.jpg[/img] [b]Main Event:[/b] The Fly Boys(Donnie J and Jimmy P) vs Air Force 1(Snap Dragon and Flying Jimmy Foxx): After a time limite draw between Flying Jimmy Foxx and Jimmy P thanks to help from Plague and after Donnie J took the Coastal Zone Championship from Snap Dragon the team of Foxx and Dragon decided to lay down a challenge after the show. The challenge was quickly accepted and put into action as the Main Event for New Years Showdown! [b]Xtreme Championship Match:[/b] Remmy Skye(c) vs Plague: Remmy Skye decided to grant Plague a match for his former title after realizing that Remmy never actually pinned the champ. He only pinned another challenger. Brent Hill vs Cliff Wilson: This match is expected to be one of the best matches in CZCW history. The only word to describe this will be AMAZING! Prince Adam vs Captain USA: The veteran Captain USA will be making his official CZCW debut against the rookie royal Prince Adam. Adam who has turned from a fan favourite to a typical hated royal figure over the course of one show will have his work cut out for him against the independent legend Captain USA. Fox Mask vs Jeremiah Moose: An angered Jeremiah wasted little time making a post on the CZCW message board about how outraged he was about not knowing about any show in December and not being a part of it. Fox Mask decided to challenge Jeremiah to a match at New Years Showdown if he was so distraught. [b]Tag Title Match:[/b] Valiant and Tim Westybrook vs The Gilbert Brothers(Jesse and Joe Gilbert): For the second show in a row we will see a Tag Title match to open the show. Since The Nightmares lost there match next week Valiant and Tim Westybrook decided to form a team and step up to the plate. CZCW which is about equal oppurtunity and different things decided to give the first time team a shot at the Tag Titles.

[b]Friday, Week 2, January 2006:[/b] [color=blue]Well I was at the building for the show which was a slight bit bigger than the last show. I was pleased with that since I expected a building that looked empty but with slightly more fans than the last show which would be good for my workers and the atmosphere in general. However I was getting worried before the show. Some of the guys had problems with what was supposed to go down at the show but thankfuly Brent Hill and Cliff Wilson stepped in and assumed the role I wanted them to have as locker room leaders. They explained what they thought of the show to the guys and everyone agreed. The show was booked and I hoped to god it would go over even better than the last. So without further adu... as always presented by CZCW, Cliff Anderson, and Myself... CZCW New Years Showdown![/color] [img]http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/1908/newyearsshowdown1aa.jpg[/img] [b]Segment #1:[/b] [color=red]The tag title match between The Gilbert Brothers(Joe and Jesse Gilbert) and Valiant/Tim Westybrook went to a no contest after Primal Rage and Insane Machine ran down to the ring and attacked both teams leading to the decision of a no contest by the referee at 9:41. This leaves the Gilberts still as Tag Team Champions.[/color] [b]Rating: C- Advantages: None Disadvantages: The crowds mood was brought down.[/b] [b]Segment #2:[/b] [color=red]The second match of the night saw Jeremiah Moose go up against Fox Mask. Jeremiah played an awesome heel which I was very happy about. He got the crowd really against him and behind Fox Mask. Fox Mask had about a 2 minute long advantage hitting a huge amount of big moves. Eventually Fox Mask went for some sort of crossbody and Jeremiah ducked out sending Fox Mask into the ref. This gave Jeremiah the opening to crack a chair over Fox Mask's skull and make the cover as the ref got up for the 1...2...3 giving Jeremiah Moose the win at 9:39.[/color] [b]Rating: C- Advantages: None Disadvantages: Jeremiah was off his game tonight, the crowds mood was brought down.[/b] [b]Segment #3:[/b] [color=red]Third match of the night was Prince Adam going up against Captain USA. This match was nothing special wrestling wise. But thanks to the performance and entertainment of both workers it was good enough to get a decent rating and have the crowd get behind Captain USA and strongly against Prince Adam which was what I wanted. The end saw Captain USA with an advantage when indy star Champagne Lover hopped into the ring from the crowd and broke a stick over Captain USA's head. This gave Prince Adam the chance to hit the Prince's Finish on Captain USA for the 3 count at 7:07.[/color] [b]Rating: D Advantages: None Disadvantages: Prince Adam and Captain USA were both tiring toward the end, Prince Adam and Captain USA didn't click, the crowds mood was brought down.[/b] [b]Segment #4:[/b] [color=red]In the fourth match of the night we see Cliff Wilson take on Brent Hill. The match was easily match of the night and I was pleasantly impressed and really why NOTBPW took such a liking to them. I'm glad I booked it the way I did because I could evolve a storyline from it. The end saw Brent Hill go for the Hill-Top Drop but Cliff Wilson got out of it into a go behind and rolled Brent up with a school boy hooking the tights for the 3-count giving Cliff Wilson the win at 14:58.[/color] [b]Rating: C+ Advantages: None Disadvantages: None[/b] [b]Segment #5:[/b] [color=red]Our 5th match of the night came directly after intermission with Remmy Skye defending his Xtreme Championship against Plague in Plague's rematch. The match was fairly good with lots of innovative moves and spots from both men. I was pleastantly pleased by this as it showed what I want the Xtreme title to be based off of. However Remmy seemed abit out of it which brought problems. Eventually Remmy manages to hit Plague with a Skye Diver for the 3-count at 13:24.[/color] [b]Rating: C- Advantages: None Disadvantages: Remmy was off his game tonight.[/b] [b]Segment #6:[/b] [color=red]After the match Remmy held the title high above his head and began going through the crowd shaking everyones hands when suddenly Prince Adam ran down and clothesline Remmy. Remmy pulled out the whole inside out bump right onto the floor. Adam grabs Remmy and tosses him into the ring only to hit him with a Prince's Finish in the middle of the ring.[/color] [b]Rating: F Advantages: None Disadvantages: The crowd didn't like it.[/b] [b]Segment #7:[/b] [color=red]Prince Adam grabbed a microphone and stood over Remmy Skye. Prince Adam spoke on the mic and talked about how he was true royalty and true royalty shouldn't have to put up with lower-class white trash. He then yelled that if Remmy Skye can't tell from tonight and the previous show the message is Prince Adam wants a match and he wants it against Remmy.[/color] [b]Rating: E Advantages: None Disadvantages: Crowd didn't like it.[/b] [b]Segment #8:[/b] [color=red]The main event saw The Fly Boys(Donnie J and Jimmy P) take on Air Force 1(Flying Jimmy Foxx and Snap Dragon) in a great tag team match up. The two teams went at it full force for a good amount of time. Snap Dragon pulled off a nice asai moonsault into the crowd on Donnie J, Jimmy P and accidently on his own partner aswell at one point. I was really proud of these guys afterwards cause they proved to me how good they are. The end saw Jimmy P and Donnie J hit Snap Dragon with a double spike piledriver. Jimmy P then made the cover getting the 3 count on Snap Dragon getting The Fly Boys the victory at 15:48[/color] [b]Rating: C Advantages: None Disadvantages: Donnie J, Jimmy P, and Flying Jimmy Foxx were getting tired near the end.[/b] [b]Segment #9:[/b] [color=red]After the match Jimmy P grabbed the mic and challenged Donnie J to a match for his Coastal Zone Championship. Jimmy P said that he just pinned the former champ and that he deserved a shot. Donnie J asked if Jimmy P was joking and Jimmy P said he wasn't and wanted a shot out of respect. Donnie J then said he would think about it and the show came to an end.[/color] [b]Rating: C- Advantages: None Disadvantages: The crowd didn't like it.[/b] [size=5] Final Show Rating: C Everyone said the show was a success and that it should have made our popularity get better.[/size] [color=blue]Wow! Was I happy. What a show. The crowd seemed to be fine with everything but the angles. Cliff Wilson and Brent Hill proved why they were the locker room leaders. Everyone showed how truly great they can be and I couldn't be happier with the show this month.[/color]

[IMG]http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/2111/madman1mq.jpg[/IMG] [size=5]February 2005:[/size] With no show for the month of February I decided that I would still work as if there was one. I had time to do some more on the business side of things. [b]Monday, Week 1, February 2005:[/b] First thing I did without hesitation after learning TV Networks were accepting negotiations is... I sent out tapes! I sent out a tape edited to the best of our abilities for a TV show level of the last two shows. I sent the tapes to two small networks National Pride TV and The Pop Network. I just wait after this and hope for a reply for negotiations. [b]Friday, Week 1, February 2005:[/b] Well... both networks turned down the show. They both bassicly said it straight up. They pretty much made it seem clear that they didn't even watch the tape. They just said we weren't popular enough and that was that. 4 days after I sent the tapes... I get rejcted and told we don't have a chance. Great! [b]Wednesday, Week 2, February 2005:[/b] After getting over the greiving of both networks declining our television show I decided that due to the fact we weren't getting a TV Show and we may start losing more money than I had anticipated due to me hiring a few over priced workers because I was hoping to death we would get a TV Show. So because of this the decision I made was simple... we needed decent quality workers, with little overness in the US, who because of there overness would work cheap. Thus I extended negotiation offers to the following: Bryan Holmes: When I saw him I pretty much decided he was a neccessity. He had all the skills to make a good all rounder in CZCW. Steve Flash: What can I say? He has the skills to be the biggest star ever. He's a veteran at age 39 and even better he's not as popular as i'd expected so he should be cheap atleast I hope he is. William Hayes: The same goes for Willia Hayes as the other two. He has the skills to be a good all rounder in CZCW and due to the little amount of people who actually know who he is and the fact almost no promotions are buying for him. He should and hopefully will go cheap. I also extended negotiation offers to two others who were less than the most popular to say the least and have the skills to go far in CZCW. But I want to keep these two a seceret as I have huge plans for them and would like to keep them a surprise. I also extended a hopeful wish to have a working agreement with the company DAVE to there owner via email. [b]Saturday, Week 2, February 2005:[/b] AWESOME! Four of the five guys I extended offers to accepted and I couldn't be happier. Sadly Bryan Holmes declined saying he'd rather spend time in the current promotion he is working for. Also sadly DAVE rejected my hope for a working agreeent between the two of us. But hey four of the five guys I desperately needed and wanted signed the contracts and i'm god damn happy about it!

Archived