Off to the College Years

Don't do it! Say no to TCY. You cannot play the individual games (i.e. make coaching calls) yourself, you can only sim through them. The interface is the most painful of any game that I have ever seen, both aesthetically and functionally. Immersion value is zero. Deciding how many hours a week each player should spend with his girlfriend is a miserable experience. I could go on... Front Office Football is a much better game--the interface is almost as bad, but the game engine is quite solid.

I have TCY - I found it very confusing and time consuming at the beginning ... The time for practice, leisure etc. can be set by position with varibles for GPA etc. -- this makes the game less time consuming and if you have a player that is having problems; you edit the one player. game play is basically "sim" .. this is a con as I would like to call plays and be able to sub based on situation. But I have played the game (still do) -- for recruiting it offers more than NCAA and other "games" out there.

[QUOTE=Wiglaf]Don't do it! Say no to TCY. You cannot play the individual games (i.e. make coaching calls) yourself, you can only sim through them. The interface is the most painful of any game that I have ever seen, both aesthetically and functionally. Immersion value is zero. Deciding how many hours a week each player should spend with his girlfriend is a miserable experience. I could go on... Front Office Football is a much better game--the interface is almost as bad, but the game engine is quite solid.[/QUOTE] How suprising, coming from a Wig.

[QUOTE=GeoWar] game play is basically "sim" .. [/QUOTE] This is the #1 reason to buy it. It was a stat junkies dream game when it was released. As most pointed out it is a very hard game to win compared to something like EA's NCAA. Don't expect to take a scholl like Rutgers and when it all straight out of the box. It will take years and years to turn a team around in TCY. But, being 5 years old it is showing some signs of wear. WOW, $29.00 is way to much to pay for a game that was released in 2001.

Archived