WCW: A new Era

WCW Live comes to you live from Raleigh, NC.

Dark Match

Diamond Dallas Page defeated Club 54 Morley in 8:11 by pinfall with a Diamond Cutter.

Rating D

Now on to the show.

Kokina Maximus defeated 'Heavy Metal' Van Hammer in 4:44 by pinfall with a Banzai Drop.Rating D-

WCW Tag Team Title Match

The Steiner Brothers defeated The Foreign Express in 12:36 when Rick Steiner defeated Jushin Thunder Liger by pinfall with The Bulldog. The Steiner Brothers make defence number 1 of their WCW World Tag Team titles.

Rating B-

Last Man Standing Match

Ron Simmons defeated Butch Reed in 14:40 when Butch Reed could not beat a ten count after a Powerslam.

Rating C

WCW World Television Title Match

Rick Rude defeated Scott Hall in 14:37 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening. Rick Rude makes defence number 1 of his WCW World Television title.

Rating B

Nikita Koloff defeated Tom Zenk in 12:45 by pinfall.

Rating C

Lex Luger defeated Barry Windham in 16:50 by pinfall with a Running Forearm.

Rating B

Arn Anderson, Ole Anderson and Sid Vicious defeated Brian Pillman, Steve Austin and Beautiful Bobby Eaton in 14:44 when Arn Anderson defeated Brian Pillman by pinfall with a Spinebuster.

Rating C+

Shawn Michaels defeated Big Van Vader in 11:34 by pinfall with a Dropkick & Pin Combo.

Rating B

NWA Heavyweight Title Match

Ric Flair defeated Sting in 19:44 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock. Ric Flair makes defence number 1 of his NWA World Heavyweight Championship title.

Rating A

Final Rating A

Yeah! Woot Woot!

We hit gold with this show. To bad it was just live and not on PPV. The 15,000 fans in attendence got a real treat here. I knew with the Ric Flair retirement announcement everyone was expecting him to retire the belt. Well that's not the case. I had to do something to keep the fans on the edge of their seats. Barry Windham was the only loser of the Horsement this time.

Where to do we go from here? Well only one way to find out folks, check your local TV listings and tune into WCW's Tuesday Night Fights to see what WCW, The Horsemen, Shawn Michaels, and Sting have planned.

Some quick news and notes from the WCW.

First off, WCW has just added a new show for the month of March in WCW Meltdown. This will be the first ever "big" event for WCW in the month of March. No matches have been announced just yet.

Also, it seems that several new wrestlers have been hanging out a lot backstage together and formed an alliance of sorts. Adam Copeland, Chris Cage, and Chris Jericho have seemingly formed a new "stable" in WCW. More on this as it becomes available.

Dark Match

The Youngbloods II defeated Adam Copeland and Chris Cage in 7:30 when Mark Youngblood defeated Chris Cage by pinfall with a Leaping Tomahawk Chop.

Rating E

Diamond Dallas Page defeated Hector Garza in 5:31 by pinfall with a Super Diamond Cutter.

Rating D

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the debut of WCW's Tuesday Night Fights. i'm your host from backstage, Denis McLaughlin, and i promise this first show will be one to remember. We have Ric Flair vs Lex Luger in the main event for the NWA Heavyweight Title as well as the WCW Tag Team, United States, and Television titles all on the line. Well, it's about time for our first match, so let's go to my coleagues at ringside, Jim Ross and Tony Schavonie.

WCW Television Title Match

Rick Rude defeated Norman The Lunatic in 8:31 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening. Rick Rude makes defence number 2 of his WCW World Television title.

Rating C-

Sting is in a secluded area with security all around him. He vows revenge for the the cheap victory Ric Flair got on him at the Clash. He promises WCW fans will be happy once more to turn on their TV's.

Rating B+

WCW Tag Team Title Match

The Steiner Brothers defeated The Hardliners in 8:26 when Rick Steiner defeated Dick Murdoch by pinfall with The Bulldog. The Steiner Brothers make defence number 2 of their WCW World Tag Team titles.

Rating C+

We return from commercial to Ron Simmons in the ring. Teddy Long comes down the ramp challenging Simmons to fight him. Ron slides out of the ring to confront Teddy but gets side swiped by Butch Reed. Ron Simmons quickly gets to his feet but is met with a fire ball to the face! He falls to the ground screaming in pain. Reed and Long leave together happy with the damage done to Ron Simmons. Officials come down with paramedics to help Simmons but he needs to be stretcherd out.

Rating C-

Sting defeated Nikita Koloff in 7:51 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock.

Rating B

Coming back from another commercial we have Scott Hall in the ring with a ladder. He cuts into Rick Rude saying he is a cheap champion who finds every way out of possible matches. Well he wants Rude to put or shut up. Put the title 15 feet above both men and let them fight it out. The first to retrieve the title wins.

Rating C

WCW United States Title Match

Terry Funk defeated Barry Windham in 6:42 by count out.

Rating C

Shawn Michaels is in the back. He gives another promo about how he is the face of the new WCW.

Rating C

NWA Heavywright Title Match

Ric Flair defeated Lex Luger in 11:29 by pinfall with a Roll Up. Ric Flair makes defence number 2 of his NWA World Heavyweight Championship title.

Rating B+

Following the match Barry Windham runs down to the ring and he along with Ric Flair destroy what is left of Luger as we go off the air.

Rating B-

Final Rating B-

Dreadful start to a new relationship and TV deal.

A side story for you all.

"What do you mean you never gave us the right to take the title off of Sting? Last i heard, we were giving you guys the exposure you needed and in return you gave us the belt. If you're not happy with Ric Flair being champion of the world, well....well i'm sorry but i am not taking the belt off of him. It'll ruin months of booking on our front." (I was quite happy. I stood up for Flair, my booking, and the WCW. But as i would learn this one was big mistake)

" Listen here Mr. McLaughlin. Ted agreed to the NWA-WCW merger where we lent you the NWA name and the champion and in turn we got a cut from the profits. We never agreed to let Ted, or whatever lackey he gave power to, to make title changes whenever they felt the need to. If the title is not put back on Sting ASAP, you will be hearing from our attorny's. Good day."

*CLICK*

I couldn't believe it. Not only was i having problems with TV ratings, now my champion and months of planning were in jepordy. I quickly started drawing up some new plans. One of course was to put the title back on Sting. After all, Ric Flair has told me he is planning on retiring soon. Another was to put the title on Shawn Michaels and hope the kid can carry the promotion, since that was the reason he was brought in. I also drew up a plan where Luger would win the title. The last plan i had was to give Rick Rude the chance of a life time. It would be a match where Rude, Flair, Sting, and Michaels were in a four man match. Flair and Rude would agree to help each other out and when the time came, Rude would screw Flair and roll him up for the win. This would turn make Rude a babyface and two title champion.

Well the first thing i figured i should do is call the man himself.

"Hello"

"Hello, Ric, it's Denis McLaughlin."

"What's up boss?"

"Well, sadly this isn't a good call. I just got off the phone with president of the NWA."

"Oh yeah? What did the spineless prick want this time?"

"You know him?"

"Of course, he doesn't think someone my age should be a champion anymore. I worked my ass off to be where i am, you know? I walk into every arena the most hated man in proffesional wrestling. I put on the best matches i can so those fans can see me get my ass kicked. Title or no title, these fans deserve to get the best money can buy."

"I agree, well he told me to get the title off you asap. But i'm not sure that's best for the company, you, or the fans. We need a build up much more than a month if we are going to take the title off of you. Let me look some things offer and i'll get back to you."

"Whatever you say boss. You know i'm game for anything. Though i must admit at my age, and my time i put into this, i don't like the having to wake up not knowing what's going to happen to me, my character, my life."

"Ric, you have my word. You and I are in this together for the long hual. Until you want to retire you have nothing to worry about. People like you and Sting, you make this job for me very easy. I'm going to make this right. Don't you worry."

"Thanks, i've been screwed so many times. It's nice to hear that. I just hope it's true. I'll see you Tuesday."

"That you will, take it easy."

Final show before WCW's Meltdown.

Dark Match

Diamond Dallas Page defeated Chris Jericho in 6:55 by pinfall with a Diamond Cutter.

Rating D+

Michael Wallstreet defeated Club 54 Morley in 4:47 by pinfall with The Write-Off.

Rating D-

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to yet another action packed addition of Tuesday Night Fights. My name is Denis McLaughlin and in just a few moments the cameras will pan around and show all of you fans. So get up and make some noise for WCW!

President Jim herd comes out to the entrance way. He announces a tournament for the newly created WCW Heavyweight title. And it starts right here tonight.

Rating D-

WCW Heavyweight tournament match

Shawn Michaels defeated Nikita Koloff in 6:58 by pinfall with an Inside Cradle.

Rating C

Scott Hall has made his way down to the ring again with a ladder. He asks for Rick Rude to come out and reply to challenge last week. Rude comes down to the ring and takes the mic from Hall. He walks around the set up ladder looking at it and Hall. He then pushes the ladder into Hall and attacks him. After getting the upper hand he tells Hall he accepts.

Rating C-

Arn Anderson and Ole Anderson defeated Hollywood Blondes in 7:38 when Ole Anderson defeated Steve Austin by pinfall with a Spinebuster.

Rating C+

Backstage Ric Flair, Barry Windham, and Woman all hype up the main event against Lex Luger and Sting.

Rating B

Butch Reed defeated Chris Von Erich in 5:34 by pinfall with a Gorilla Press Slam.

Rating E+

Following the match, Teddy Long grabs a mic and meets his client in the ring. Ron Simmons, if you make it to Meltdown, what Reed just did to Von Erich will be nothing compared to what he does to you.

Rating C

WCW Heavyweight Title Tournament Match

Rick Rude defeated Beautiful Bobby Eaton in 9:35 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening.

Rating B-

Backstage Sid Vicious and Tom Zenk pass by each other. Sid turns around and asks Zenk what he just said. Tom turns around and looks confused. But before he can tell Sid he didn't say anything Sid lays into him and leaves him a bloody mess. He tells Zenk he'll see him in the ring at Meltdown.

Rating C

Lex Luger and Sting defeated Ric Flair and Barry Windham in 20:47 when Lex Luger defeated Barry Windham by pinfall with a Running Forearm.

Rating B

Final Rating B-

I actually thought this show was worse than our debut but i guess not many fans could find the channel for the first show and more tuned in this week. Well up next will be Meltdown.

WCW Meltdown Final Card

NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair will once more defend his title against Sting. Can Sting finally recapture the title Flair took from him?

Lex Luger and Barry Windham will go at it once more for the United States Championship. Luger pinned Windham Tuesday night showing everyone he is capable of doing just that.

Shawn Michaels will face Big Van Vader in a grudge match. Vader has been looking to get up to the next level in WCW and defeating the new comer will do just that.

Scott Hall will get his chance to prove to the world he is champion material here in WCW when he faces Rick Rude for the Television Title in the first ever sactioned Ladder match in WCW.

Ron Simmons will get his chance for revenge with his former partner Rutch Reed. Will Simmons be at 100% after having a fire ball thrown in his face two weeks ago?

What was said? That's the question all of us along with Tom Zenk is asking Sid Vicious. But appearently Sid heard something. And because of that these two will square off in the ring. Go help Zenk now, cause no one else can.

Plus the Minnasotta Wrecking Crew and The Hollywood Blondes will fight for the number one contendership for the Tag Team Titles.

Also The Steiners will defend their titles, but since number one contenders The Foreign Express are unable to compete, the Steiners will have to wait to see who they'll face.

Quick picks

Sting vs Ric Flair©

Lex Luger vs Barry Windham©

Shawn Michaels vs Big Van Vader

Scott Hall vs Rick Rude©

Butch Reed vs Ron Simmons

Tom Zenk vs Sid Vicious

Minnasotta Wrecking Crew vs The Hollywood Blondes

The Steiners© vs ????

WCW Presents Meltdown live from the Columbia Coliseum in SC in front of 15,000 screaming fans.

Dark match

Diamond Dallas Page defeated Chris Von Erich in 6:43 by pinfall with a Diamond Cutter.

Rating D

Black Bart defeated Club 54 Morley in 4:37 by pinfall with a Piledriver.

Rating D-

The Show opens up with Denis McLaughling in the ring. "Thank you everyone for showing up tonight. We promise this will be an event you won't soon forget."

Sid Vicious defeated Tom Zenk in 6:39 by pinfall with a Choke Slam.

Rating C-

Shawn Michaels defeated Kokina Maximus in 16:09 by pinfall with an Inside Cradle.

Rating B-

WCW Television Title Ladder Match

Scott Hall defeated Rick Rude in a 1 vs 1 Ladder match in 14:39 when Scott Hall retrieved the item. Scott Hall wins the WCW World Television title.

Rating C+

Arn Anderson and Ole Anderson defeated Hollywood Blondes in 11:11 when Arn Anderson defeated Steve Austin by pinfall with a Spinebuster.

Rating C+

Bull Rope Match

Ron Simmons defeated Butch Reed in 11:03 when Ron Simmons was the first to touch all the corners.

Rating C

As the intermission starts a music video is aired for the Four Horsemen.

Rating C+

WCW Tag Team Title Match

The Steiner Brothers defeated The Hardliners in 12:34 when Rick Steiner defeated Dick Slater by pinfall with The Bulldog. The Steiner Brothers make defence number 3 of their WCW World Tag Team titles.

Rating B-

Nikita Koloff defeated Beautiful Bobby Eaton in 10:39 by pinfall.

Rating B-

Barry Windham defeated Lex Luger in 11:19 by pinfall with a Lariat. Barry Windham makes defence number 2 of his WCW United States Championship title.

Rating B-

NWA Heavyweight Title Submission Match

Ric Flair defeated Sting in 23:06 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock. Ric Flair wins the NWA World Heavyweight Championship title.

Rating A

Final Rating B+

Ladies and Gentlemen i present to you all:

WCW's Tuesday Night Fights

Dark Match

Finlay defeated Club 54 Morley in 3:40 by submission with an Irish Cloverleaf.

Rating D

Oz defeated Dr Daniels in 3:34 by pinfall with a Big Boot.

Rating E+

Denis McLaughlin is in the ring. He welcomes the fans to the show and lets them know starting next week Tuesday Night Fights will be taped. This is the last live episode. Chris Jericho's music hits and he makes his way to the ring. He takes the mic from Denis.

You know what, you guys get what you deserve. If you had me on the show more often, you'd be staying with a live show. The ratings would be high, and letters would be pouring in of just how great Chris jericho really, really is.

Rating D-

Ron Simmons defeated Nikita Koloff in 9:22 by pinfall with a Powerslam.

Rating C

Ric Flair and the Minnasotta Wrecking Crew are backstage hyping themselves up.

Rating B-

WCW World Heavyweight Title Tournament Match

Scott Hall defeated Sid Vicious in 6:42 by pinfall with a Fall Away Slam.

Rating C+

Hall begins to celebrate a big win when Kokina Maximus blind sides him. Maximus leaves the ring only after Hall is left lifeless in the ring.

Rating D+

WCW Light Heavyweight Title Match

Brian Pillman defeated Tracy Smothers in 6:32 by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. Brian Pillman makes defence number 1 of his WCW Light Heavyweight Championship title.

Rating C-

Tammy is backstage with Shawn Michaels. She asks him about his win in the tournament for the new title. And he begins by addressing Rick Rude and just then Rick Rude shows up in the picture and takes Michaels out.

Rating C+

WCW World Heavyweight Tournament Match

Kokina Maximus defeated Beautiful Bobby Eaton in 8:09 by pinfall with a Banzai Drop.

Rating C+

We return from commercial where Rick Steiner and Arn Anderson are brawling in the parking lot. Security break them up and they agree to a match next week.

Rating B-

Sting defeated Barry Windham in 10:35 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock. Sting wins the WCW United States Championship title.

Rating B-

Sting is blindsided by the Four Horsemen to end the show.

Rating A

Final Rating C+

I think the Flair retirement is hurting us to much. I had to rewrite storylines to fix this. However i didn't feel right taking the title off him so quickly.

The next round of tournament matches will include Shawn Michaels, Rick Rude, Scott Hall, and Kokina Maximus.

WCW's Tuesday Night Fights for Tuesday, March week 4.

Dark Match

The Hardliners defeated The Maple Leaf Connection in 4:55 when Dick Slater defeated Adam Copeland by pinfall with a Lariet.

Rating D-

Badstreet defeated Hector Garza in 6:03 by pinfall with a Side Russian Leg Sweep.

Rating E+

Denis McLaughlin makes his way down to the ring to welcome the crowd to the show. He tells them that not only will we crown the first ever WCW Heavyweight champion tonight, but Sting will defend his U.S. Title as well.

Tuesday Night Fights

Kevin Sullivan defeated Chris Jericho in 10:55 by pinfall with a Piledriver.

Rating D

Lex Luger defeated Taz in 3:51 by pinfall with a Running Forearm.

Rating C

Paul E. Dangerously and Rick Rude are backstage talking about tonight's crowning of the first ever WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Rick Rude. And it's a pity the match has to have losers like Shawn Michaels.

Arn Anderson defeated Rick Steiner in 10:48 by pinfall with a Spinebuster.

Rating B

Following the match Ole joins his partner and the two quickly use the numbers game on Rick Steiner.Rating C+

Rating B-

Barry Windham defeated Rob Van Dam in 6:35 by pinfall with a Lariat.

Rating D+

We cut to backstage where Sting is talking about Barry Windham and his return match against Sting for the United States Title.

Rating B+

WCW United States Championship Match

Sting defeated Michael Wallstreet in 8:36 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock. Sting makes defence number 1 of his WCW United States Championship title.

Rating B-

Four-Way Match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Shawn Michaels defeated Rick Rude, Kokina Maximus and Scott Hall in 12:13 when Shawn Michaels defeated Kokina Maximus by pinfall with an Inside Cradle. Shawn Michaels wins the WCW World Heavyweight Championship title.

Rating B

Shawn Michaels celebrates in the ring with his new title.

Rating C

Final Rating B-

WWF held it's biggest PPV of the year last night in Wrestlemania VII.

Highlights included The Undertaker taking Hulk Hogan out backstage so he couldn't wrestle The Ultimate Warrior for the World Title.

Kerry Von Erich then defeated The Undertaker.

Mr. Perfect retained the I.C. Title against Tito Santana, as did Bossman and Earthquake against The Hart Foundation. And The Ultimate Warrior made short work of fill in competitor Davey Boy Smith to retain the World Title.

Overall the show did a B- with an 11.26 buy rate.

WCW's Tuesday Night Fights for the first week of April

Dark Match

Kevin Sullivan defeated Disko Richards in 7:01 by pinfall with a Piledriver.

Rating D

Denis McLaughlin once again makes his way to the ring to welcome the crowd to WCW live events.

The Hardliners and The Vegas Connection defeated Hollywood Blondes, Chris Jericho and Rob Van Dam in 12:56 when Dick Murdoch defeated Steve Austin by pinfall with a Texas Brainbuster.

Rating D+

WCW World Television Title Match

Scott Hall defeated Dan Spivey in 6:25 by pinfall with an Outsider's Edge. Scott Hall makes defence number 1 of his WCW World Television title.

Rating C-

Sting is once again backstage verbally attacking Barry Windham.

Rating B-

Lex Luger defeated Kokina Maximus in 7:49 by pinfall with a Running Forearm.

Rating C

Paul E. Dangerously and Rick Rude are interviewed by Tammy about his loss at last weeks show. Rick Rude says since he wasn't pinned he deserves the first shot at the new champion, Shawn Michaels.

Rating B+

Booker T defeated Finlay in 7:54 by pinfall with a Scissors Kick.

Rating D+

Butch Reed defeated 'Heavy Metal' Van Hammer in 8:31 by pinfall with a Gorilla Press Slam.

Rating D

Rick Steiner is walking around backstage and gets sidelined by the MWC for the second week in a row. One has to wonder where is Scott Steiner?

Rating C+

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

Shawn Michaels defeated Sid Vicious in 10:44 by pinfall with an Inside Cradle. Shawn Michaels makes defence number 1 of his WCW World Heavyweight Championship title.

Rating B-

Final Rating C+

In a sad turn of events, Denis McLaughlin has been let go of his duties as head booker for WCW.

That's right i got canned. Well i started another with AWA but i'll be waiting before i do another diary. I didn't get the fans on TV ratings or here online lol. Thanks to those who posted to help keep it alive. Sadly, it wasn't enough as Ted Turner canned me anyways.

Archived