Offensive gameplans

Haven't ever spent time with gameplans before as I tend to hire the best gameplanning coordinators I can afford and then let them run things.

However, was looking today in the gameplan book (new territory for me) and saw there are four default gameplans. Hoping someone can give an explanation on what they are for since the mouse-over technique doesn't work in the drop down menu:

1. Pass: Pretty self explanatory to me I think. Meant for a predominant passing attack.

2. OT: no clue what this means

3. Normal: a balanced attack mixing run and pass I think?

4. IR: no clue

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't ever spent time with gameplans before as I tend to hire the best gameplanning coordinators I can afford and then let them run things.

However, was looking today in the gameplan book (new territory for me) and saw there are four default gameplans. Hoping someone can give an explanation on what they are for since the mouse-over technique doesn't work in the drop down menu:

1. Pass: Pretty self explanatory to me I think. Meant for a predominant passing attack.

2. OT: no clue what this means

3. Normal: a balanced attack mixing run and pass I think?

4. IR: no clue

Normal isnt necessarily a balanced attack. It depends on the kind of offense you have. For instance a smash mouth or option offense "normally" will run more, a vertical passing offense passes more normally.

When selecting a offensive game plan, first consider the formations a team uses. Every defense has disadvantages you should know.

Then look at his roster and see how good his guys are at each position. Look for weakness to exploit.

And sometimes in spite of your best efforts, you lose anyway. But you gotta giveyourself the best chance to succeed.

Archived