Hangovers and Hillbillys (a CVERSE Diary)

[As Dick Clark and his post-millionth stroked face cloud the television, I'm pounding another pint, raising my glass singing along with the band playing in the background they stop playing, only the beating of the drum as the countdown is on, I'm teetering, my glass in the air, my arm around my best friend, she and I swaying back and forth screaming "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!" kisses, hugs and high fives all around as the band starts immediately with their punked out rendition of "Auld Lang Syne", it's insanity! INSANITY I TELL YOU!!!! Or at least.... I think it is.... My vision is so cloudy that the tranny at the end of the bar is looking mighty ripe for the pickin... But, thankfully, I realize that it was a tranny and feel a gurgle in my stomach, the bathroom is on the other side of the bar and there's a line so long that I'll never make it... I go barreling out the door and stumble past a group of college kids, turn towards the alley behind the bar and immediately see every pint of Guinness that I consumed through out the night come flying out of me like a blackened rainbow.... Then, I am met by the cold, wet and I'm pretty sure, urine soaked concrete.... the last thing that I vaguely remember seeing is a police car go rushing by with his lights flashing, my eyes close and I feel as though I'm spinning around and around and around....... Happy New Year... indeed]

To be continued....

Archived