2001: War Of The Worlds

As of January 1, 2001, there were three major wrestling promotions in the United States. The industry leader was clearly Vince McMahon's World Wrestling Federation. The WWF, led by such breakout stars as "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H and The Undertaker, experienced new highs not expericenced since the peak of Hulkamania in the late 80's. The WWF became a billion dollar business, going public on the NYSE among other things. Extreme Championship Wrestling, the "alternative" promotion out of Philadelphia was on it's final legs. ECW's owner Paul Heyman's notorious history of poor finances had finally got the best of him. Many of ECW's greatest stars had moved to the WWE, which had been supporting ECW for years financially due to a talent agreement. Two of ECW's top stars in Rhino and Justin Credible had recently signed contracts with the WWE and many within the company saw the end in sight following what would be their final PPV in Guilty As Charged. This idea was reinforced when ECW owner Paul Heyman became the new color commientator on WWF's televison shows, replacing the recently released Jerry Lawler. The final member of the big three was World Championship Wrestling, the former top promotion in the land, led by billionaire Ted Turner. WCW became immensly popular in the mid 1990's through their legendary nWo stable/storyline and their answer to Steve Austin, Goldberg. WCW's "Nitro" had beat the WWF's "Raw" in tv ratings for over 84 weeks, in a battle now known as "The Monday Night War". However, WCW had dropped off dramatically in recent years. Booking problems, failure to create new stars, gross mispending and problems in the locker room are credited for the great fall of WCW. The removal of Eric Bischoff, inclusion of former WWF write Vince Russo as head booker, his subesquant removal and return of power of Bischoff within a year saw WCW's revenue, ratings and buy rates fall to unheard of levels. What didn't help WCW was Time Warner's merger with AOL, which saw Jamie Kellner rise to power in AOL TimeWarner, who almost immeditly wanted WCW out of the AOLTW banner and put WCW up for sail. Almost right off the bat, several companies were linked to WCW, including Rupert Murdoch and FOX, Antonio Inoki and New Japan Pro Wrestling and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban. However, the leading bidder was Eric Bischoff himself and his Fusient Media Group. Bischoff had a plan for WCW, go offline for 2-3 months, run shows out of a new arena in Las Vegas, restructure the roster and contracts, push crusierweights, form an agreement with Ultimo Dragon's Torymon promotion and from there on attempt to reclaim WCW's former glory. Bischoff even went far as sending out a memo to the WCW staff and roster, announcing Fusient's purchase of WCW. However, then Kellner dropped a bompshell by announcing WCW would be off Turner Television (TNT, TBS, etc) as of the last week of March. Bischoff immeditly went into overdrive, contacting FX, WGN and USA Network about possible timeslots, but all refused. Without a tv home, the other member of Fusient to bail out on the sale and Bischoff's dream of owning WCW evaportated instantly. However a buyer would surface and would chage the wrestling world forever.

WWF buys rival WCW

March 23, 2001: 7:00 p.m. ET

World Wrestling Fed. ends 20-yr. rivalry, buys World Championship Wrestling

NEW YORK (CNNfn) - The World Wrestling Federation Entertainment Inc. agreed Friday to acquire rival World Championship Wrestling, ending a near 20-year rivalry.

Stamford, Conn.-based World Wrestling Federation Entertainment (WWF: Research, Estimates) now has global rights to the World Championship Wrestling brand, tape library and other intellectual rights.

TNN is anticipated to be the new home of WCW, a WWF spokesman said, and WCW will not air on TNT or WTBS. Cross-brand storylines may start as soon as Monday during the "WWF Raw is War" on TNN and Monday's final performance of "WCW Monday Nitro Live" on Turner Network Television.

The WWF bought the wrestling firm from Turner Broadcasting System Inc., a unit of AOL Time Warner. CNNfn.com is also a unit of AOL Time Warner (AOL: Research, Estimates).

The two companies have been competing against each other for 18 years, and executives vowed that the WCW will not fade away.

"WWF has been a rival organization to the WCW for quite some time," said WWF CEO Linda McMahon on a conference call open to journalists. "With the new infusion of stars and the cross-branded story lines, this does nothing but raise the specter potential for us. We're very pleased to have come to agreement to purchase that brand."

No financial terms were released but McMahon said the purchase was not a stock transaction.

WWF is the largest provider of programmed wrestling entertainment, with such top-rated shows as "WWF Raw is War" and "WWF Smackdown!" on the UPN Network. Top stars also include The Rock, Chyna and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

"We bought WCW because it would be great way to propel our core business, the sports entertainment genre, to new height," said WWF spokesman Gary Davis.

WWF is also an equal partner with NBC in the fledgling professional football league XFL which scored record low ratings recently. Executives said the WCW purchase has nothing to do with the football league.

AOL Time Warner could not be reached for comment.

Atlanta-based World Championship Wrestling produces live wrestling shows and competes against the WWF. The World Championship Wrestling franchise includes popular cable television show "WCW Monday Nitro Live" and "WCW Worldwide," which is seen in syndication in 94 percent of the United States.

In January, Fusient Media Ventures inked a deal to buy World Championship Wrestling. However, the deal fell apart when AOL's Turner Broadcasting decided to drop WCW from its TBS and TNT channels.

The once-popular WCW is now losing money and analysts estimate that last year the wrestling franchise lost about $80 million. WWF executives declined to discuss WCW's financial situation but said they encountered no surprises when looking at the rival firm's financials.

The WWF is still working out many details of its agreement to buy WCW. The company will be assuming some actor's contracts but others it will not, executives said. The WCW also plans to expand its pay-per-view offerings but not in the near future.

Shares for WWF lost 1 cent to $12.10 Friday while AOL gained $2.75, or 7.48 percent, to $39.52 Friday.

The final Nitro was to take place 3 days after the sale in Panama City Beach, FL. Several WWF office workers and agents were dispached to overview the show. The world was in shock. The war was over with WWF buying their rival and thus becoming the only game in town. The WWF had finally won the Monday Night Wars.

Or so they though.....

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s163/jonyoungandjcash/nitrologo2000.jpg

WCW Monday Nitro Season Finale Results

- Show opens from a familar set, the backstage of Monday Night Raw. Camera pans up to a smiling Vince McMahon.

Vince McMahon: Imagine that! Here I am on WCW television. How can that happen? Well there's only one way - you see, it was just a matter of time before I, Vince McMahon, bought my competition - that's right, I OWN WCW. Therefore, in its final broadcast tonight on TNT, I have the opportunity to address you, the WCW fans - I have an opportunity to address you, the WCW superstars. What is the fate of WCW? Well, tonight - in a special simulcast - you'll all find out, because the fate - the *very* fate of WCW...is in MY HANDS

-Opening nostalga package opens as Tony Schivone and Scott Hudson hype Vince's apperance, the importance of the show and the show itself. Ric Flair's music hits and Flair comes out to a huge reaction. Flair cuts a promo about the importance and history of WCW, putting the company over and announces the night's main event would be Flair/Sting one last time.

-In our opening contest, WCW United States Champion Booker T defeated WCW World Heavyweight Champion Scott Steiner for the title in a title vs. title match after hitting Steiner with the Bookend.

-Vince vingette making fun of Nitro.

-In a number one contenders tag team match for the WCW Crusierweight Tag Team Titles: Kidman and Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated 3 Count and The Jung Dragons after Mysterio hit a Guillotine Legdrop on Shannon Moore.

-Another Vince vingette, transitioning to a highlight reel of the last Helms/Guerrero match.

-For the WCW Crusierweight Title, © Shane Helms defeated Chavo Guerrero Jr. after hitting the Vertebreaker.

-Booker T interview about the importance of WCW and his time there. Transitioned into yet another Vince anti WCW vingette, hyping he'd fire WCW's announcing crew.

-For the WCW Tag Team Titles, © Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire defeated Mike Awesome and Lance Storm after Palumbo hit Awesome with a Jungle Kick and then leading O'Haire to nail the Seanton Bomb for the victory.

-Hype video for the Bigelow/Stasiak Tattoo Match

-In a tattoo match, Shawn Stasiak defeated Bam Bam Bigelow after nailing a reverse DDT on Bigelow. Following the match, Stasiak and manager Stacy Keibler "tattooed" Bigelow.

-William Regal promo about how he hated his time in WCW and how he's glad Vince bought it. This goes into a pretaped interview from DDP, who wishes he was at the show but had other business that night, he puts WCW and promises it's not over.

-For the WCW Crusierweight Tag Team Titles: Kidman and Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated Kid Romeo and Elix Skipper to win the titles after Kidman nailed the Kid Crusher on Skipper for the win.

-Breif Sting promo where he accepts Flair's challenge. Then moved to Vince McMahon walking down a hallway.

-In the night's main event, Sting defeated Ric Flair after locking him in the Scorpion Death Lock. Following the match, Flair and Sting hug and shake hands to a thunderous applause as Schivone and Hudson thank both men.

-However we are not yet done as the simulcast portion of the show begins, as we go to Raw LIVE from Cleveland. Lillian Garcia introduces Vince McMahon, who gets a very mixed reception in Cleveland and nothing but boos in Panama City. In Cleveland, the boos are seemingly outweiged by aplause as Vince swaggers his way into the ring, grining from ear to ear. Vince then grabs a mic.

http://mrchevyceleb.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/vm.jpg

Vince McMahon: For the first time ever, for the first time ever in sports entertainment history, this broadcast is not only being seen here on TNN and Cleveland, Ohio...it is also being seen across TNT,-Turner Network Television. Now there's only one way that that can happen, there's only one way, and one man who can make history like this happen. Obviously, you all know I have acquired WCW. That's right, I bought my competition! Now then, it's not exactly final well it is and it isn't, you see...the only thing is, Time-Warner can't sell this property to anybody else because nobody really knows what to do with it, so therefore this is what's gonna happen. Time-Warner is practically BEGGING me they're practically begging me to buy WCW, and I have agreed. There's only one small caveat they're hearing for the first time, and that is this. Time-Warner...they've signed the contracts and I will sign the contracts but I'll sign it this Sunday on pay-per-view at WrestleMania. And I'll sign it when Ted Turner himself walks down the aisle at WrestleMania and delivers the contract in front o' me. Now then, some would say, 'geez, Vince, how did you do it? How did you do it, Vince? I mean, you were up against this media conglomerate, Time-Warner. You were up against a billionaire. I mean, how could you possibly do this?' Well, some might say I had a little help along the way with certain WWF superstars and things of that nature, but quite frankly, I did it all on my own. It was my effort, it was my money, and it's like, okay Vince, how can you possibly beat a billionaire? Well, there's only one answer to that, and that's become one yourself. So now, you have to understand, when Ted Turner walks down the aisle at WrestleMania and practically begs me to sign the contract, I'm gonna do it and then I'm gonna reserve a seat for Ted - I'm gonna put him right over here, right in the corner, because I want Ted Turner to see what I'm gonna do to my very own son Shane. Some would say, come on now, Vince, don't boo me, some would say 'Vince, you can't do that to your own son - he's your flesh and blood!' But you gotta understand what it means to be a competitor NOBODY understands that better than I do. Because you have to grab your competition by the throat and you've gotta squeeze the life outta your competition just like I did to WCW! And just like - just like I'm gonna do to my son Shane this Sunday, and by the way, may I add in my corner will be my charming and lovely daughter Stephanie, will also be my companion Trish, and Trish will wheel down...in the wheelchair, Trish will wheel down my very own wife, Linda, and we're gonna park Linda right over here in this corner. And Linda's gonna watch what I do to Shane McMahon this Sunday at WrestleMania. Now then, what should I do with WCW? Well there are a lotta things I could do with it. I might like to have some input from some of you here in a moment. I mean, I could take WCW and just kinda like put it on the shelf....I could do that. I mean, I could sit back and watch those videotapes of Hogan doin' that ridiculous (flexes like a chicken) whatever you call that - I could watch that over and over, them talkin' 'bout how they're gonna bury the WW-- oh, I'd get a great deal of pleasure just sittin' there watching night after night, sittin' there watching the videotapes, backwards and forwards, because you see, there's an old expression: they used to laugh at the WWF - there's an old expression about...he who laughs LAST laughs BEST. And you can see, I'm not exactly laughing, but I've got a real big smile on my face. Then again, if we don't take WCW and put it on the shelf, we could do something else with it - we could take WCW and, perhaps, turn it into this huge media conglomerate much like World Wrestling Federation Entertainment is today - we know how to do that. But if we do that, I'm wondering, uh, well, who should be a part of this WCW, and maybe you can help me out here - umm...when I give you a thumbs up or a thumbs down, I want you to react, maybe you can help me out a little bit, assuming we wanna acquire some of those 'stars.' Let's start with Hulk Hogan - up? Hogan down. All right. Let's go to, uh...Lex Luger up? Lex Luger down. How 'bout, uh, Buff Bagwell up? Bagwell down. How about, uh, let's see, Booker T. up? Booker T. down. You guys are a mixed group up here. How about Big Poppa Pump up? Poppa Pump down. Well...well, I-- I don't know that you've necessarily helped me except, let me just say this... There are a few others, all right - Sting? You want Sting? All right, uh, Goldberg? Well, this is very interesting. You see, I had a choice to make tonight, and that choice was coming here before you in Cleveland, and - and quite frankly gloating...which I think I'm doing a very good job of at the moment...or, or I could do this, instead of gloating, what I could have done was get in my plane, and assuming they have an airport there, fly down to the redneck Rivieria, Panama City Beach, Florida...and walk out there and give every WCW star a piece of my mind, 'cause that's what I really wanna do, but how appropriate is it that WCW's last broadcast is in a beer hall? How appropriate is that? Surrounded by a bunch of beer drinking rednecks! There are obviously a few here tonight. But nonetheless, I've opted to come before you here, as opposed to walking in the ring and lining each and every one of those stars up - every single one of them - so I could look right in their face and say Goldberg, Booker T, and all the rest of them, to look them right in the face and say... YOU'RE FIRED. And that's exactly what's gonna happen because WCW *is* going on the shelf - it's going nowhere - WCW is BURIED. WCW will remain BURIED. Just like anybody here in this arena, or anyone in the world that gets in *my* way. Every single one of you, when you attempt to compete with me, and that includes my son Shane. And I'm not too proud to say it: every single one of you will be BURIED. Just like WCW is buried. Don't start with that. I deserve more respect than that! Dammit, I'm Vince McMahon! Dammit! I own WCW - I own the WWF - and you will treat me with respect! Or I'll walk outta this arena--"

-Suddenly "Here Come The Money" hits and Vince looks furious and shocked as Shane McMahon stuts out from the NITRO set. Shane is at Nitro, where the crowd is completly unglued. The crowd in Cleveland is going insane as Shane pics up a mic LIVE from Nitro.

http://members.tripod.com/~lme26/pics/n4410.jpg

Shane McMahon: What's up, Vince? Surprise, Dad you're in Cleveland, Ohio and I'm here in Panama City Beach, Floria standing in a WCW ring And as usual, Dad, your ego has gotten the best of you. Your ego has gotten the best of you, I mean, Dad, you wanted to finalise this deal - WCW at WrestleMania? You wanted, you have the audacity to ask Ted Turner himself to come down and to finalise that deal? Well Dad, that's just the opportunity that I was looking for because, Dad, the deal *is* finalised with WCW - and the name on the contract DOES say McMahon...however, the contract reads SHANE McMahon. That's right! I now own WCW! (HUGE POP) Well, atleast I did. You see Dad, I could easily just pick up and steal WCW and run it and take you out of business, but that would be too easy. You see, I want you to suffer, like you've made the whole family and these fans do. I wanna see you sweat, I wanna see you cry, I wanna see you fail. So what I did was once I signed the contract, I picked up my phone and called someone, someone you know very very very well. And after a few minutes of talking, he had my back fully, and I am glad to say that I sold him 51% of WCW. And if anyone is good enough to make you suffer and run you out of business, it's him, because...he's he's almost done it before. Without further adeu, I present to you, my new business partner and the new owner of World Championship Wrestling....... ERIC BISCHOFF!!!

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x310/The_Ultimate_Wrestling_Gallery/Managers/EricBischoff007.jpg

-The crowd goes absolutly insane in both locations as Bischoff stuts out to the Nitro set with a huge coy smile on his face to the theme of "Back In Black" by AC/DC. Vince is clearly pissed off in the ring and is absolutly fuming. Bischoff enters the rings and hugs Shane as the whole hold up hands as the crowd is in shock and Vince looks as though as he's seen a ghost. Bischoff is presented the mic from Shane.

Eric Bischoff: And well well well. Look at this, Eric Bischoff back in a WCW ring, with of all people Shane McMahon. But wait it gets better, as we speak I am on LIVE on WWF's Raw, the program I nearly ran off the air. Who would have though? One person would and it is this man right here. Shane McMahon. Shane called me 2 days ago, telling me he had stole WCW from his dad and that he wanted to wipe Vince and the WWF out and who else would have as much of an interest in this than your's truly. And Shane I would like to thank you with all my heart, for selling me back my baby. Because Jamie Kellner, the pissant owner of TNT wants to throw us off, screwed me over but deep down Ialways knew a McMahon would take over WCW and I always knew it would be Shane, because Shane unlike you Vince has balls. But enough with the phrasing. Vince, Vinnie Mac, Mr. McMahon. This is all me and you. Remember a few years back when I challenged you to a match, and you never showed. I wasn't suprised. Cause you don't have to balls to bring the battle to me, so I'm brining the battle to you. Vince, I and Shane now own 100% of WCW, the company that nearly ran you into the poor house. Remember the old days Vince, when I stole all your talent. When I stole all your viewers, when I stole your fan base. Wrestling used to be WWF, but when I took over, it became WCW. And in recent years, the idiot powers that be and people like Vince Russo and Ed Ferrera ruined the once great empire that was WCW. And during this time, I was exiled, with nothing to do, and you florished. And tonight was to be your night, your moment. Tonight you were gonna tell the world you killed WCW and ended it once and for all. And you know what the best part about it is Vince? I stole it. I stole your moment. I ruined your moment. The last person you'd ever think would be here right now on your TV show and in what you thought was gonna be your ring, talking to your fans was Eric Bischoff. And Vince, nothing and I mean nothing makes me happier than this...Well maybe one thing. You see Vince, you proably thought the war was over. You think WCW was dead. But Vince, I hate to say it, but WCW LIVES!!! For the first time Bischoff McMahon combining to take you out. And just like what Shane here is gonna do to you at WrestleMania, WCW is gonna KICK YOUR ASS, just like the old days Vince. So I want you to get ready, get ready for war. You think it was bad before? Oh no Vince, this is gonna be hell for you because WCW is gonna come at you and come at you hard. And we're not just saying this Vince, we mean business and if you want to see we mean business, I am more than happy to say this right now. We declare WAR ON THE WWF AND VINCE MCMAHON. (HUGE POP) Oh and Vince, the first shot...it's gonna be shot right.....now.

-Bischoff and Shane simultaniously point at the camera aimed at them. Vince is in the ring in shock and fuming. Suddenly, as Vince stands in the ring we go back there, where behind Vince stands DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE. DDP swings Vince around and NAILS him with the Diamond Cutter. DDP procedes to get back up to his feet as he intesly stares at the crowd before doing the Diamond Cutter taunt. As he does this, the entire WWF locker room rushes the ring as DDP bails out and runs through the crowd. While in the crowd, DDP does another Diamond Cutter pose before pointing to the camera and smiling. Back at Nitro, Bischoff and Shane begin to applaud and laugh as Bischoff's theme plays as he and Shane raise hands laughing at the fallen Vince. The crowd in Panama is on it's feet.

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/d/ddp/33.jpg

Meanwhile in Cleveland the camera pans to Vince out cold, being helped up by a slew of pissed off WWF superstars. The crowd in Cleveland is going crazy as history has been made as a WCW star has not only showed up but attacked the owner of the WWF and fired the first shot in the NEW war between WWF and WCW.

http://www.surefiremusicgroup.com/images/myspace/411ManiaLogo.jpg

411mania News and Notes

-Fans across the world are still buzzing about this past Monday's final Nitro/Raw. Apparently up until 9:45PM, no one on either roster knew what the plan for the eventual angle was to be except the McMahons themselves. The apperance of Eric Bischoff and DDP were both worked out this past Friday apparently. Many WWF wrestlers are said to be "very excited" with the apparent Invasion storyline.

-As mentioned on the final segment on Raw by Vince McMahon, WCW's Diamond Dallas Page will now compete at WrestleMania X7 this sunday, as he will face Kane so Vince can take a sense of revenge by putting DDP against the WWF's resident monster. As a result of this, the triangle WWF Hardcore title match has now become simply Raven vs. Big Show.

-Word is that following WrestleMania, Paul Heyman will begin paperwork offically filing ECW's bankrupcy papers. Already several ex ECW stars have begun taking indy bookings.

-WWF is currently in negocations with a well known former champion. This champion hasn't beein in the WWF for nearly 5 years and is said to be very enthuiastic about returning to the company.

-WWF officals have told OVW owner Danny Davis and HWA owner Les Thatcher to expect many devolpmental cuts as a result of the purchase of WCW.

-As mentioned on Raw, Smackdown will be preimpted this week in order for UPN to show "Road To Wrestlemania", a Wrestlemania hype show.

-Finally below is the HUGE final card for this sunday's WrestleMania X7

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4d/WMxseven.JPG

WWF WrestleMania X7

Live Sunday Night April 1, 2001 from the Reliant Astrodome in Houston, TX

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/T%20Images/The_Rock12.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/S%20Images/Steve_Austin10.jpg

Main Event: No DQ Match for WWF World Title

© The Rock vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/T%20Images/Triple_H30.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/U%20Images/Undertaker26.jpg

Triple H vs. The Undertaker

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/S%20Images/Shane_McMahon.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/V%20Images/Vince_McMahon10.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/M%20Images/Mick_Foley7.jpg

Street Fight; Special Guest Referee Mick Foley

Shane McMahon vs. Vince McMahon

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/K%20Images/Kane10.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/D%20Images/DDP2.jpg

First Time Ever: WWF vs. WCW

Kane vs. Diamond Dallas Page

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/C%20Images/Chris_Benoit29.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/K%20Images/Kurt_Angle17.jpg

Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/D%20Images/D-Von_Dudley2.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/B%20Images/Bubba_Dudley.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/E%20Images/Edge20.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/C%20Images/Christian.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/J%20Images/Jeff_Hardy13.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/M%20Images/Matt_Hardy16.jpg

TLC Match For WWF Tag Team Titles

© The Dudleys vs. Edge and Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/W%20Images/William_Regal9.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/C%20Images/Chris_Jericho11.jpg

WWF Intercontinental Championship

© William Regal vs. Chris Jericho

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/R%20Images/Raven2.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/B%20Images/Big_Show7.jpg

Hardcore Match for WWF Hardcore Title

© Raven vs. The Big Show

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/T%20Images/Test4.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/E%20Images/Eddie_Guerrero2.jpg

WWF European Championship

© Test vs. Eddie Guerrero

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/L%20Images/Lisa_Moretti3.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/C%20Images/Chyna2.jpg

WWF Women's Title

© Ivory vs. Chyna

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/T%20Images/Tazz8.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/B%20Images/Bradshaw3.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/R%20Images/Ron_Simmons7.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/S%20Images/Stevie_Richards9.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/B%20Images/Bull_Buchanan4.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/T%20Images/The_Goodfather.jpg

Tazz and APA vs. The Right To Censor

20 Man Gimmick Battle Royal

-Will anyone turn?

-Will any non WCW wrestler debut?

-Will any WCW wrestlers debut?

The ending segment for this show was so much better then the real thing. Although, I think a Bischoff lead revolution, minus Shane, would be better.

I'm just praying you don't get Stephanie involved with this. Talk about waster opportunity with ECW, she basically killed any hope left for the angle.

WM17 is my favorite show ever produced from any wrestling company. I'm looking forward to this.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4d/WMxseven.JPG

WWF Wrestlemania X7 Results

-Our show technially starts off at 7PM with pre show Heat. The huge Astrodome is almost completly full by 7:30 and by 8 it is packed to the rafters, as throughout Heat we are treated to several hype vids about the entire card.

-In the Heat main event, X Pac and Albert defeated Steve Blackman and Scotty 2 Hotty after Albert nails the Baldo Bomb on Blackman for the win.

-Show begins with a rather long hype video done to the tune of "My Way" by Limp Bizkit, mainly documenting the Austin/Rock and McMahon/McMahon matches/feuds. Biggg pyro opening as our Announcing crew of Jim Ross and Paul Heyman welcome us to the "Granddaddy of them all" and hype not only the show but the huge sellout crowd. Ringside we go for our opening contest.

-In our opening contest, Chris Jericho defeated WWF Intercontinental Champion William Regal to win the title. Very competative technical match to open the show. Jericho was nursing a shoulder injury, and Regal many times capitalized this. Regal was able to lock in the Regal Stretch after telegraphing the Walls Of Jericho, but Jericho is able to reach the ropes in time. Regal attempts to nail Jericho with a clothesline but Jericho ducks under and nails a running bulldog out of nowhere, and then hits the Lionsault for the victory and the title.

-Backstage we go, where we see a limo arriving. We pan to the liscence plate which reveals "WCW1". We then see the limo door open and out walks Shane McMahon (looking in the zone for his match later on), Diamond Dallas Page and WCW Owner Eric Bischoff. Bischoff is on the phone when he walks out, we can clearly hear the phrase "So it's on?...Good....When will you be here?....Awesome...call me when you're close...Wonderful, thanks again man, I always knew I could count on you." Bischoff hangs up the phone and begins to smile, he looks at Shane and DDP. "He's in ha ha ha, He'll call us when he's close. Now boys, tonight is gonna be a big night. Page, you're gonna be the first WCW wrestler wrestling on a WWF event against a WWF "wrestler" so this is huge. I know you can do it, Kane is nothing, you've been training hard so you got this, and either way, we're wining this one. Shane,tonight you prove to these people who the real Alpha Male of the McMahon family is. Think about what he's done to you, and your family, your legacy. He's ruined all of them. You showed the world you've got the balls to compete against him, tonight you show the world you've got the balls and mindset to beat your own father within an inch of his life. And to cap it off, our surprise has been confirmed. So guys, tonight is the night that the WCW Invasion really begins and we steal the show. McMahon and Page smile and shake hands with Bischoff as they walk backstage. Ross and Heyman wonder of their surprise and hype the still amazing circumstances of WCW in WrestleMania.

-In our next contest, Tazz and The APA defeated The Right To Censor. Very lackluster/filler match. Buchanan and Goodfather worked a majority of this contest, which saw alot of brawling. Match ends with Steven Richards being tagged in and instantly getting hit with a Clothesline From Hell from Bradshaw, and then gets Dominator'd by Simmons and finally locked in the Tazzmission before Bradshaw makes the pin for the win.

-Backstage we go where Stephanie McMahon is giving Trish Stratus a pep talk of sorts about the Vince celebrationparty after on. All while Trish is manning Linda McMahon's wheelchair. Stephanie asks Trish if she doubled up on Linda's medication for the night.

-WWF Hardcore Champion Raven defeated The Big Show to retain the title. Typical hardcore title match. These two almost instantly took their battle backstage where several nice spots take place, including Big Show getting driven through a wall by Raven in a golf cart and Raven being thrown through a plate glass window. The 2 eventually get to the ring where Show gets Raven set up for a Chokeslam. However, from the crowd runs in someone, who nails the show with a chair in the back and then the head, putting Show on his knees. The crowd is absolutly in shocked as the man is revealed to be WWF legend Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Raven then nails Show with another chair shot and then nails the DDT onto a chair for the win. Roberts has a big smile on his face as he pulls up Raven as the two of them make their way backstage.

-Eddie Guerrero defeated WWF European Champion Test to win the title. Very weak match here as the crowd was seemingly dead for this one. Test goes into the ropes and gets nailed by Saturn in the back of the head with a chair, allowing Guerrero to nail the Brainbuster and then the Frog Splash to win the title.

-Quick Mick Foley promo, who claims that tonight he'll referee a fair match right down the middle. We are then take to a hype video for our next contest.

-In a amazing affair, Kurt Angle defeated Chris Benoit. A very very good technical match here between these two amazing athletes. The crowd was really on it's feet for this one. Very competative back and forth contest here. Benoit hits the ref while doing the Hat Trick. He then locks the Crossface on Angle, who tapps but no referee sees it. Benoit goes to wake up the ref but is nailed with the Angle Slam. Benoit kicks out, prompting Angle to go for a moonsault, but Benoit gets both his knees up blocking the sault. Benoit then goes for a Diving Headbutt but Angle moves and attempts to lock Benoit in the Ankle Lock, but Benoit telegraphs it an nails a sunset flip, the 2 trade several pins before Angle gets a pin with a roll up with a handful of tights for a more than dishonorable end to this encounter.

-Kamala is seen trashing Comish Regal's office.

-Chyna defeated WWF Women's Champion Ivory to win the title. Very quick squash match here with Chyna getting almost 100% of the offense in. Chyna nails a big powerbomb for the win.

-Hype video about the WWF/WCW feud for our next match.

-Diamond Dallas Page defeated Kane. The crowd was incredibly hot for this instant classic, as for the first time a WWF contracted wrestler faced a WCW contracted wrestler in a WWF ring at WrestleMania even. DDP came out to a huge mixed reaction from fans, coming out to a big pyro display and his old WCW theme. Very back and forth contest. DDP goes for the Diamond Cutter on Kane but is shoved into the referee by Kane, knocking him over. DDP then walks into a thunderous chokeslam by "The Big Red Machine". Kane begins to revive the referee, when suddenly from the crowd a masked man slides into the ring and NAILS Kane in the head with a guitar. The man removes his mask, to reveal a familar face...

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/j/jeffjarrett/29.jpg

JEFF JARRETT IS HERE!!! Jarrett kicks the guitar reminants out of the ring as he helps DDP back up to his feet. Jarrett continues to wake the referee up as DDP crawls over Kane. The ref makes the count....1....2....3. DDP WINS!!! Jarrett with a huge smile on his face helps DDP out of the ring and up the ramp as the 2 men laugh as they celebrated. We then see Eric Bischoff on the entrance ramp, all smiles applauding his men on a shocking victory.

-Hype video for our next contest

-In a street fight refereed by Mick Foley, Shane McMahon defeated Vince McMahon. Very very solid brawl here as the McMahons really took it to each other. The crowd was split, as alot of fans soured on Shane due to his siding with the hateable Bischoff and WCW. Shane misses a huge elbow drop off the top rope through the Spanish Announcers table, knocking him out. This led to Trish Stratus wheeling Linda McMahon. Trish then shockingly slaps Vince across the face, leading to a fight between her and Stephanie McMahon. Foley attempts to break them up but Vince grabs a chair to nail Linda who'se now seated in the ring. Foley grabs the chair from Vince, who then nails foley in the head with it. Vince now attacks Shane in the ring, when suddenly Linda rises from her chair and shocks Vince by kicking him right in the balls. Shane and his mother hug as she leaves the ring to cheer on Shane. Shane then grabs a gabage can and stuffs it and Vince in the corner as he then procedes to nail a Van Terminator from across the ring for the win.

-In a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match, Edge and Christian defeated The Hardy Boys and WWF Tag Team Champions The Dudleys to win the titles. Excelent battle here. The match is filled with numerous high spots too numerous to mention. Highlights include all 6 men going off ladders onto tables on theoutside. Spike Dudley running in and nailing an Acid Drop off a ladder onto the outside of the ring on Christian, Dudleys Doomsdaying Rhyno off a ladder, Jeff Hardy Swantoning off a ladder onto Rhyno and Spike, Rhyno shoving Matt and Bubba Ray off a lader through 4 tables and the spot of the night, Edge spearing Jeff, who is hanging off the titles rafters, off the ladder down 16 feet. Match ends with Christian nailing an Unprettier off the ladder on DVon, allowing Rhyno to put Edge on his shoulders and climb him up the ladder allowing E&C to claim the tag team titles.

-Iron Sheik won the gimmick battle royal. Joke match here, 20 of the more memorable WWF gimmicks are flaunted here. Highlight is Bobby Heenan and Gene Okerland as your announcers. The final four here are the Sheik, Sgt. Slaughter, Michael Hayes and Repo Man. Slaughter double clotheslines Hayes and Repo out at the same time, till the Sheik then lifts Slaugher out. Slaughter then runs back in and KO's the Sheik with the Cobra Clutch.

-Hype video for our next matchup.

-The Undertaker defeated Triple H. Excelent hard hitting brawl with seemingly relaxed rules here. Trips came out to alive performance of his theme by Motorhead. The 2 began to brawl right off the bat, with Taker backdroping Trips through the replacement Spanish announce table. Taker then later chokeslams Triple H off the stage and then dives off the stage onto him. The 2 then go back into the ring where Trips busted Taker open with a sledgehammer and then nails a Pedigree. Trips then goes to nail Taker in the corner, but Taker telegaphs it and nails the Last Ride for the win as Taker's undefeated streak at WM continues.

-Big hype video for our main event

-In our main event, a no DQ matchup, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin defeated WWF World Champion The Rock to win the titles. Match of the night. The crowd was cut in half as dueling "Lets go Rocky/Lets go Austin" chants were a stand by the entire match. A very back and forth contest here between these two men. Match gets rocky early on when Rock nails Austin with the ring bell busting him open, as Rock takes control of the match, nailing Austin with the steel post, a chair and a monitor. Rock then locks Austin in the Sharpshooter, but Austin fights his way out of it. Austin does a breif comeback, nailing Rock with a chair busting him open as well, before Rock nails a spinebuster and attempts the People's Elbow, but Austin is able to get up and land a stunner, but Rock is able to get his foot on the rope. Austin raises the Rock and nails the Rockbottom and does his own version of the People's Elbow but the Rock instantly kicks up and nails Austin with a stunner of his own. Rock then procedes to land the People's Elbow but Austin kicks out. Rock raises Austin and nails a Rockbottom but then raises him again and goes for a second one but Austin gets out of it and locks Rock in the Million Dollar Dream, but Rock gets out of it and sets Austin up for a Rockbottom but Austin gets out of it and NAILS a Stunner, and hits a second one off the rebound of Rock bouncing off the mat. Austin makes the cover...1.....2......3. AUSTIN WINS!! Austin begins to celebrate as the Rock gets up and give Austin the title as the two men shake hands.

-As the 2 men shake hands "Back In Black" hits as from the back walks the owners of WCW Shane McMahon and Eric Bischoff. Austin and Rock look confused as Bischoff and Shane enter the ring and begin to applaud at the 2 men.

Shane McMahon: Steve, Rock congrats guys. Excelent match. You should be proud. Proud the way I'm proud tonight. DDP won his atch, my man Double J made his presance felt and above all else, I beat my old man within an inch of his life. But I'm not here to gloat, well I kinda am but that's besides the point. Boys, as the 2 top stars of the WWF, you are the perfect guys me and my partner here want to address. Guys, the business is gonna change and if you're smart, you'll change with it. so without further adu, the owner of WCW...Eric Bischoff!!

-Shane hands Bischoff the mic to a deffining chorus of boos.

Eric Bischoff: Thanks Shane, well...look at what we have here. Rock and Austin, the 2 guys, the 2 faces of the WWF. You are the biggest stars here, you're the guys that were susposed to but WCW out of business. Rocky, I remember you. I remember your no talent father, only getting over cause he's black...I remember when you sent a package to my office crying how you wanted to join WCW so you could fight Hogan and Flair. And I remember rejecting you. I bet you think I made a mistake, but deep down, I think I made the move of a lifetime. Why would I waste my company's money and time with a no talent, lavor of the month like yourself. And speaking of no talent...hey Steve. Remember me? Cause I remember you. I remember when you had blonde hair, getting managed by a fake Col. jobbing out to Jim Duggan. But what I remember most of all is firing your ass by Fed Ex. Austin, you've always been and always will be just another failed WCW star, made a "superstar" by the WWF and all of their idiot fans. Guys, you may not know, but WCW is back. And unlike the old days, we're out for a total victory. You see we're not susposed to be here, but this is a war, this is an invasion. We're gonna take this placeover, bring it to it's knees and just when you think we can't do more, shoot the WWF in the head. And where else better than the WWF's biggest show, Vince McMahon's baby..."WrestleMania" to tell everyone watching, every WWF wrestler, staff member, fan, Vince McMahon and you 2...WCW will not lose. I mean when you two are the biggest and toughest guys to face, it's not even fair for you guys. So I ask you two now, surreneder. Surrender to us now and we'll leave you be. We'll spare you from the suffering WCW is going to unleash upon the WWF. Hell, we may even pick you guys up on our roster. I mean Luger and Bagwell need someone to carry their bags. But if you say no, I cannot be blamed for what happens to you. We can't be blamed for what we do to your bodies, how we break your bones, your will, we'll take your title, your manhood, your pride, everything. And I promise I and Shane will stand over your fallen bodies if you refuse us. So guys what do you say?

-Austin and Rock both look at each other before simultaniously flipping Bischoff and Shane the bird. Shane and Bischoff smirk as Bischoff shouts "NOW" as from behind runs in DDP and Jarrett who attack Austin and Rock, but Austin and Rock instantly fight the 2 off, both hitting their signature moves, knocking both men out of the ring. Austin and Rock turn their attention to Shane and Bischoff, now backing into the corner. As Austin and Rock both simultaniously get their hands on Shane and Bischoff, suddenly the lights go out. After maybe a minute or so the lights go back on and the crowd goes INSANE and is in great shock as Bischoff and Shane are outside the ring as Austin and Rock are both in one corner as one man stands center in the ring poised to attack....

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/b/billgoldberg/32.jpg

GOLDBERG!!! GOLDBERG!!! GOLDBERG!!! IS IN THE RING!!! The crowd is going insane as "Da Man" is in spear mode. Rock turns around first and is INSTANTLY SPEARED by Goldberg. Austin looks pissed, he walks to Goldberg and the 2 men begin to staredown as the crowd is on the verge of orgasm as the 2 biggest stars in the past decade look to about to brawl. But suddenly, Austin is attacked from behind by DDP and Jarrett. Goldberg then begins to put the boots to the Rock before he's given a chair by Shane and then begins to beat Rock down hard with the chair. DDP and Jarrett take turns attacking Austin. Jarrett nails Austin with his own WWF Title and then nails him with The Stroke. The crowd is nearly ready to cause a riot as WCW looks to be dominant. Goldberg then lifts the Rock and nails a THUNDEROUS JACKHAMMER onto a chair, while simultaniously, DDP NAILS a DIAMOND CUTTER on Austin. Rock and Austin are now bloody and beaten next to each other as Bischoff and Shane enter the ring all smiles. Biscoff then lays the WWF Title over Austin's prone body. The 5 men then all raise hands over the fallen WWF stars as the crowd is nearly ready to start a riot, they're so hot. WrestleMania ends with a shot of DDP, Jeff Jarrett, Shane McMahon, Eric Bischoff and GOLDBERG raising hands over a bloodied and beaten Rock and Steve Austin, as JR and Heyman are in shock, that Bischoff and Shane and WCW destroyed the WWF Champion and the Rock, ruining the ending of WrestleMania and thus showing they're for real and WCW may have just scored the first major victory of this war. Unbelievable.

Wow! I certainly didn't see Jarrett returning but it's awesome that he did. I agree with truth that you took an already greatly remembered PPV and pushed it over the edge into something truly historic.

There is no way on this earth that Vince et al would allow WCW to look so strong at the WWF's biggest show of the year in real life, but THIS is how an InVasion should happen.

I keenly await more of this.

http://www.surefiremusicgroup.com/images/myspace/411ManiaLogo.jpg

411mania News and Notes

-The wrestling world is still absolutely buzzing from the events of last night's WrestleMania. Obviously the top story is the absolutely shocking debut of Bill Goldberg at the end of the the main event of Steve Austin and The Rock as a member of Eric Bischoff and Shane McMahon's WCW group. The signing of Goldberg has apprently been the most guarded secret in Titan Towers. We've been told Goldberg signed with the company mid last week. Goldberg seemed rather uneasy at playing a heel, but apparently he's doing this because he believe hell be viewed as a face in some circumstances as the "franchise player" of WCW. We still don't know any kind of length or financial details of the deal but we can confirm he's definetly gonna be a big part of this Invasion. The other huge debut was the return of Jeff Jarrett, once again joining the ranks of WCW. Jarrett is apparently a part of the "initial players" who were signed from the sale right away. Jarrett's inclusion was apparently expected and was told to the roster following last week's Raw. We expect more to be known about what they'll be doing following this weeks Raw.

-Very very preliminary WrestleMania buy figures suggest this could very well be one of if not the most watched WrestleMania in history.

-We've learned all 3 teams involved in the TLC match has been given Raw off to heal up following their helacious match last night. We're told Bubba Dudley may be the worst of all, who is believed to have suffered a class a concussion during the match, not too far behind him is Jeff Hardy who cracked several ribs during the match.

-Another debut at Wrestlemania saw the very very shocking and rather confusing return of Jake "The Snake" Roberts helping Raven during his WWF Hardcore title match. We've been told Roberts has signed a contract with the WWF. We've also been told the WWF is currently working on a major push of Raven, hense Roberts inclusion. More on this as we get it.

-We've been told to expect Raw and SmackDown in the next few weeks to set up the WWF's direction for the rest of the year.

-Here are the current matches schuelded for Raw tonight.

http://www.gamesfirst.com/reviews/jakec/wwf_raw/WWFRAW_logo.jpg

WWF Raw Is War Preview

Kurt Angle and William Regal vs. Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit

Whippin' Match: Stephanie McMahon vs. Trish Stratus

APA and Test vs. The Radicalz

WWF Hardcore Title: © Raven vs. "The One" Billy Gunn

All this plus major major fallout following WrestleMania X7

http://www.gamesfirst.com/reviews/jakec/wwf_raw/WWFRAW_logo.jpg

WWF Raw Is War Results 4-2-01 from Ft. Worth, TX

-The show opens with a big WM hype video, mainliy focusing on the end of the ME, highlighting the shocking debut of Goldberg. Pyro goes off and almost immeditly "No Chance" hits and out walks Vince McMahon, walking with a bit of a limp and cuts on his face. He's flanked by daughter Stephanie who looks very much somber. He enters the ring to a mixed reaction and almost immeditly grabs the mic.

Vince McMahon: Last night...last night was...the worst night of my life. Last night I was humiilated at the show I created. I was humiliated personally, physically, mentally, emotionally any way you can imagine. You see last night, that good for nothing tramp Trish Stratus decided she was done with being my little pet and standing up to me and slapping me across my face. Trish Stratus is nothing but a gold dinging slut who wanted nothing but a piece of my fortune. But tonight...my dear little girl Stephanie will teach that whore some respect. Then, my punk son Shane somehow defeated me inside that ring. That little pissant wants all you people to think he's in the right, standing up for his mother and trying to put me out of business. That little bastard uses the McMahon name..as far as I'm concerned I don't have a son. I just have a piece of crap masquerading as a McMahon. You may have beaten me last night, but mark my words, I promise...no I guarentee I WILL GET YOU SHANE. I will have my revenge. Then, my wife, now, get this, my wife hauls off and kicks me in - in the gonads. What kind of a woman would do such a thing? And then....the former commissioner Mick Foley Mick Foley, for no provocation, no provocation at all, hammers me and drives me into the corner. This was all bad, but to top it all off...that son of a bitch Eric Bischoff and Shane yet again decides to bring in all of his WCW guys and have them savagly attack two of my top stars. You two wanna talk about a war, wanna talk about invasions. You want to bring men like Dallas Page, Jeff Jarrett and Bill Goldberg into MY RING, attack MY superstars during MY EVENT. The event I put EVERYTHING I had into. I want you two to know...you want a war...you've got one. And tonight, Vince McMahon and the WWF are gonna begin to take the fight to you and rid my company of you pissants once and for all. You all wanna use the numbers game...well tonight, let's do that. Tonight, IN THIS VERY RING, our main event of the evening, I'm making a challege to you Bischoff and Shane cause I know you're not here, because I've banned you from my building, bring you're two guys Diamond Dallas Page and Jeff Jarrett...drop em off at the door...and we'll have them take on...the team of...umm lets say....THE ROCK...and.....damn it I hate the man...."STONE COLD" STEVE AUSTIN....(points up) IN A FIFTEEN FOOT HIGH STEEL CAGE!!!!

-In our opening contest, Test and The APA defeated The Radicalz (Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn and Eddie Guerrero) after Saturn gets blasted in the head by Test's running big boot.

-William Regal is on the phone speaking of how terrible Chris Jericho, until Kurt Angle walks into his office. The two breifly exchange pleasentries before going to discuss their match.

-Triple H is seen walking into the arena when Michael Cole runs into "The Game". He asks Trips about his loss to the Undertaker, but HHH stays relativly quiet. Cole continues topress the matter befor HHH stops and grabs Cole by the throat and proclaims "Tonight, I'll make up for that loss, just know that...and if you see the Deadman, tell him I'm looking for him." Trips lets Cole go before walking away, as Cole grasps for air.

-In a whippin' match Stephanie McMahon and Trish Stratus wrestled to a no contest after Rhyno entered the ring and GORED Trish, allowing Stephanie to whip an unconsciouss Trish, the referee instantly threw the match out at this point. Stephanie then raised Rhyno's hand, as she apparently paid him off for the assist. Trish is then wheeled out of the arena as a result.

-We are shown a shot of security outside the arena, patroling the parking lot, awaiting the arrival of the WCW group.

-In hour one's main event, Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho defeated Kurt Angle and William Regal in a very competative contest after Jericho and Benoit scored simultanious submissions on their respective foes.

-Backstage we go with a very entertaining double promo from Steve Austin and The Rock, speaking of their match last night, the attack following the match and then tonight's spectacular main event.

-For the WWF Hardcore Title Champion Raven defeated "The One" Billy Gunn in a quick hardcore encounter following Raven making the pin after yet again Jake "The Snake" Roberts ran in and DDT'd Gunn, allowing Raven to make the pinfall. Roberts once again with a big smile on his face helped Raven backstage.

-Backstage we go to the parking lot, when we see The Undertaker arrive at the arena on his motorcycle. He parks it and begins to walk when, from behind runs Triple H, attacking the Taker with his sledgehammer, hitting the Deadman in the solorplexes before smashing him in the face with it. HHH then takes the sledgehammer to Taker's motorcycle, smashing the bike before security and other wrestlers restrain him as paramedics come to the Deadman's aid.

-Video package going over the craziness of the TLC match yesterday.

-X Pac defeated Crash Holly with the X Factor in a squash match. Following the match, Pac announced he and Albert were soon enough going to create the most powerful force in the WWF.

-William Regal promo, where he announces next week, following the actions of tonight, Chris Jericho will face the team of X Pac and Albert, and Chris Benoit will face members of the Right To Censor.

-We go backstage suddenly where we see the WCW limo pull up and out walks a smirking DDP and Jeff Jarrett, in jeans and taped up, looking for a fight.

-JR and Heyman hype the ME as we learn that Smackdown will be Main Evented this week when Chris Jericho defends his IC Title against Triple H.

-In the night's main event Steel Cage Match. Steve Austin and The Rock defeated Jeff Jarrett and Diamond Dallas Page in a savage affair. Jarrett and DDP entered first, but Austin and Rock then stormed the cage and the brawl insued and lasted the entire match. Jarrett was quickly busted open, but soon enough Austin and Rock were also wearing the crimson mask. Austin and Rock begin to dominate the team of Jarrett and Page, both men hitting their signature moves. Austin nails Page with a Stunner and Rock nails Jarrett with The Rockbottom and the 2 simply walk out and bein to celebrate. But Jarrett and Page quickly get up and begin calling Austin and Rock over like they want more. Austin and Rock smirk and the two run back in and all 4 men break out into a huge pier 6 brawl. Suddenly once again the lights go out, and when they go back on, a familar wrestler in now standing in the center of the ring, wielding a steel pipe. The crowd goes crazt as they can instantaniously tell who that man is...

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/s/scottsteiner/27.jpg

SCOTT STEINER IS IN THE RING!!!! Steiner instantly begins to bash The Rock with the pipe, as Austin now gets tied up in the ropes by DDP and Jarrett who continue to beat on them. Steiner bashes Rock into the cage as the cage is suddenly raised. The Rock is now an absolute bloody mess as Steiner continues to bash Rock's entire body with the steel pipe, as Rock loses more and more blood. Austin is incredibly pissed as he's forced to watch this beating. Suddenly, from the crowd we see Shane McMahon, Eric Bischoff and Goldberg enter the ring. Bischoff grabs a mic and directs himself to Austin.

Eric Bischoff: Look at this Austin...look at what WCW is doing to these people's hero The Rock. Last night Austin, when I told you we were gonna declare war, we weren't kidding. This is step one, and step one is elimination. We're going to eliminate every star this place has. And Rock is our first victim, and soon enough Austin, it'll be you.

Bischoff drops the mic and slaps Austin in the face as Austin looks like a angry dog at this point. Steiner now has Rock locked in the Steiner Recliner in the center of the ring as Rock's a bloody mess, when suddenly the WWF lockeroom clears out and WCW procedes to bail out through the crowd. The show ends with a close up on the bloody carcas of The Rock as JR and Heyman hype WCW and their villanious tactics.

Good show, with two concerns:

The Rhyno GORE on Trish can really go nowhere between them, but we'll see how it goes. I would have used someone else to interfere (or no interference at all).

LOVE the Steiner inclusion, but some concerns as to HOW he got involved. I don't remember Austin/Rock being civil with each other at the time (though you have a handshake in your write up of WM). But after a no DQ match, seems a bit of a stretch. And the next night they're teaming, and have no problems as a unit? And if you're going to have it be a cage match, Steiner's interference should have happened before the match, or outside the ring. Otherwise, it cheapens the ability of the cage to keep people out.

Perhaps the lights go out, and you see Steiner standing over SC & Rock on the ramp, and him throwing them back into the cage.

Your way certainly creates a little more drama & excitement, but next cage match, as a fan I'd expect some outside interference.

Overall, good WM followup.

Archived