PGHW 2012: The Pride In Conquest

PGHW 2012: The Pride In Conquest

I am ready to now return to the diary world :p, gonna try and give this a little bit of a backstory. Let me know if there is a problem with the text colours etc., because I'll probably have a bit of backstage dialogue throughout this diary.

It had been a slow and harsh last few years, with me spending most of my time between jobs as I just could not find anything that really suited me at all. My life’s passion had always been wrestling, ever since I had seen one of my childhood friends, who you will most likely know as the legendary Nobuatsu Tatsuko, go on to take the industry by storm.

I had dabbled a little bit in the industry myself to start off with, taking a few independent dates here and there, but it just wasn’t supporting me enough, so I moved on. But every once in a while I would get a call from my friend asking if I had any slight ideas. That’s what I liked the most about Nobu, he always kept in touch, and though I knew full well that he had plenty of ideas, he treasured outside help and liked to get a different view on things than his own.

Hence why the day that truly started my career took me so much by surprise. It started as the usual, run of the mill kind of day, but it soon descended into what appeared to me as a total dream, I couldn’t believe it. When I saw Nobu’s name appear on my mobile, I was expecting just another routine idea check up, but instead this is what followed:

Nobu: “Hey Keiji, how is life treating you?”

Me: “Hey Nobu, same old same old really, nothing’s changed since the last time.”

Nobu: “Ah, don’t worry. I have a feeling things are going to get better.”

I laughed to myself when he said this.

Me: “You say that every time you call me.”

Nobu: “Well, something is bound to happen soon.”

Me: “I hope so at least, what’s the situation now then? Need more thoughts?”

Nobu: “Basically yes, but not like usual.”

My eyes wondered as I thought of the possibilities, could he be wanting me to help him with a feud or ask for ideas on pushes?

Me: “How so?”

Nobu: “I want you to speak to a close friend of mine, he’s right next to me. You’ve most likely heard of him...Sadaharu Jimbo.”

I almost dropped the phone but was able to catch it at the last moment.

Me: “Umm...say that again? Sadaharu Jimbo wants to speak to me?”

Before I'd even finished the question he’d already handed over the phone.

Jimbo: “Mr Akagi? This is Sadaharu Jimbo, I have a proposition for you. You see, Nobuatsu is beginning to feel like winding down at the moment, all the years of competition have begun to take their toll on his body, and he no longer feels capable of taking on both booking duties and wrestling at the level he is required to. Knowing the danger of those combined stresses, I told him we would look for a replacement booker, and he instantly suggested you Mr Akagi. He told me some of the things you have helped him with over the years, and how you seem to have a natural mind for the business. You can probably guess where this is going can’t you Mr Akagi?”

I was too shocked and confused to give an actual answer, instead just nodding, even thought he couldn’t see me.

“I am offering you the chance to book Pride Glory Honour Wrestling, but be warned. If you decide to take up the position, you must work at your best the entire time. We didn’t fight all the way to second best promotion in the world just to fall again, so any slip ups and you are history. Harsh I know, but that’s business Mr Akagi. You will start this Monday, after New Year. I will send the address of our main office and of the venues now, so I suggest you get ready.”

I was still not sure what in the world was going on, and it took Nobu’s voice to break me out of my trance.

Nobu: “I told you things would get better Keiji, see you next week.”

He hung up, and I could swear that I stood there for at least a half hour, maybe many hours, I’m not quite sure, just staring blankly into the distance, wondering how I had managed to get myself into this. I woke up at the lower level of society, barely scraping a living, and just two hours into that same day I was now apparently working for the second biggest company in pro wrestling, PGHW. I’m not sure whether to hit or thank Nobu, but one thing is for sure.

I have my work cut out for me.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FINALLY! Trekkiemonsta is back in the business of puroresu diaries! This is fantastic as its a) probably my favorite promotion in the game and b) will be a good replacement for the seemingly dead fantastic GCG dynasty that I was getting into. Post away, good sir! Clearly, as is the case with any puro dynasty, me and TigerKinney will be reading.

The Beginning

Hooray! Got some readers already :). Answer to your question Tigerkinney is that I did unfortunately become unable to play it due to time constraint, and when I did get back to it, I didn’t have the creativity to do it without starting over, having completely forgotten storylines etc. (I stupidly don’t write them down), but hopefully I will be able to make this just as good.

The date is January 1st, 2012. PGHW had risen since it’s dominance of the wrestling scene in 2008 to become it’s undisputed King, and had begun to move international market, but a stalled year in 2011, partly blamed on a bad economy, led to them losing their iron-fisted grip on Japan, and saw Burning Hammer re-claim their stake, nipping at the heels of PGHW.

When I walked through the doors of Head Office, it was like living my childhood dream, not only was I going to be seeing some of my favourite wrestlers of all time, but I was going to be working with them constantly, and as pretty much in control of their careers. It was down to me who would succeed and who would fail, but failing was not an option in this company, as Mr Jimbo made perfectly clear in our first meeting. Nobu then took me around and introduced me to the locker room, I have to say, it was like being a little kid again, I was barely able to look many of the headliners in the face, too embarrassed to speak to them. But most of them were nice, the only people who took a disliking to me were Alex Robinson and Morimasa Kato, but they were no worry, their respective partners kept them under wraps from what Nobu told me, besides, with him backing me, I’m sure I was safe backstage, at least for a little while.

As soon as Mr Jimbo gave me the roster and staff list I instantly began to think over several things in my mind, I had to get this New Year off to a great start.

In order to achieve this I set about getting new talent for the tour, and managed to snag some good talent:

Brandon Smith

Nathan Coleman & Stuart Ferdinand

Kalu Owusu

Kimitada Yanagita

Mamoru Nagahama

Brandon has rumoured to have already been contacted by the Gaijin Sekigun, as have Kalu Owusu and Kimitada Yanagita, who together form the tag team Dogs of War.

Coleman & Ferdinand are veteran presences that are apparently already looking to get a shot at the tag gold, while Mamoru Nagahama looks to get his PGHW on track for the first time ever, but at his age that may not last long.

Roster and Stables

Main Event

Buddy Garner – Face

Eisaku Kunomasu - Heel

Kozue Kawashima – Face

Li Bingci - Face

Nobuatsu Tatsuko – Face

Shuji Inukai - Heel

Yoshimi Musashibo – Heel

Upper Midcard

Akinori Kwakami – Face

Alexander Robinson – Face

Bryan Vessey – Face

Danger Kumasaka – Heel

Dread – Heel

Lee Bennett – Face

Oleg Dorosklov – Heel

PRIDE Koiso – Face

Raymond Diaz – Heel

Midcard

Art Reed - Face

Bryan Holmes - Heel

Chojiro Kitoaji – Face

Joshua Taylor – Heel

Kalu Owusu - Heel

Masaru Ugaki – Face

Mokuami Maita – Face

Morimasa Kato – Heel

Nigel Svensson – Face

Noriyori Sanda – Face

Stuart Ferdinand - Facel

Tetsunori Yasuda - Face

William Hayes – Heel

Washi Tanaka - Heel

Lower Midcard

Brandon Smith – Heel

Kimitada Yanagita – Heel

Nathan Coleman - Face

Ryoma Murayama – Face

Sotatsu Sarumara - Heel

Yoshii Shiomi – Face

Totoya Munakata – Heel

Opener

Cameron Vessey – Heel

Eien Miyamoto – Face

Mamoru Nagahama - Heel

Mohamed El Yaaggoudi – Heel

Enhancement Talent

Ogai Miki - Face

Occasional Wrestler

Larry Vessey - Face

Stables

Honour Sekigun

Headed by Glory Crown holder Kozue Kawashima and the legendary Mito Miwa, the Home Army has seen some great successes as of late, with the stable managing to hold all the gold, due to tag champions Team Toronto being accepted by the natives due to their years of work and great skill. It is also home to some future stars in the young Chojiro Kitoaji and Tetsunori Yasuda.

Mito Miwa

Kozue Kawashima

PRIDE Koiso

Nobuatsu Tatsuko

Noriyori Sanda

Akinori Kwakami

Alexander Robinson

Lee Bennett

Chojiro Kitoaji

Tetsunori Yasuda

Gaijin Sekigun

The hated rivals to the Home Army, the Gaijin Sekigun is lead by veteran monsters Raymond Diaz and Dread, with hot young contenders William Hayes and Joshua Taylor, the American Express, helping to round out the group. Fellow gaijins Larry, Bryan and Cameron Vessey are almost constantly at odds with the Army, upset with how they seek to destroy the company.

Dread

Raymond Diaz

Bryan Holmes

William Hayes

Joshua Taylor

Oleg Dorosklov

Team ENDANGER

Headed by the legendary Yoshimi Musashibo, Team ENDANGER is the next main heel group in the company, and is constantly nipping at the heels of just about everybody else, wanting to gain control by any means necessary.

Yoshimi Musashibo

Shuji Inukai

Masaru Ugaki

Morimasa Kato

Washi Tanaka

Glory Lions

Made up of the young hopefuls in the company, the Glory Lions tend to stick together, and the leader role seems to have fallen on Eien Miyamoto, the biggest and strongest of the three. Cameron Vessey is an on and off member of the group, often spending more time with his family the Vessey’s.

Eien Miyamoto

Ogai Miki

Totoya Munakata

Cameron Vessey

Unaligned

This is the list of those who have yet to decide where their loyalties lie, and it features both prominent names, such as Buddy Garner and Bryan Vessey, along with young hopefuls, such as Ryoma Murayama and Nigel Svennson.

Art Reed

Brandon Smith

Bryan Vessey

Buddy Garner

Danger Kumasaka

Eisaku Kunomasu

Kalu Owusu

Kimitada Yanagita

Li Bingci

Mamoru Nagahama

Masutaro Kataoka

Mohamed El Yaaggoudi

Mokuami Maita

Nathan Coleman

Nigel Svensson

Roku Sotomura

Ryoma Murayama

Sotatsu Sarumara

Stuart Ferdinand

Yoshii Shiomi

Titles and Champions

PGHW Glory Crown

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/PGHW_Glory.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/KozueKawashima_alt3FIN.jpg

Champion: Kozue Kawashima

Date Won: 13 November 2011

List of former champions (from 2008):

August 06 – Apr 08: Yoshimi Musashibo (3)

Apr 08 – Aug 08 – Nobuatsu Tatsuko (2)

Aug 08 – Feb 09 – Eisaku Kunomasu

Feb 09 – Jul 09 – Death Monkey

Jul 09 – Nov 09 – Nobuatsu Tatsuko (3)

Nov 09 – Mar 10 – Shuji Inukai (3)

Mar 10 – Aug 10 – Yoshimi Musashibo (4)

Aug 10 – Feb 11 – Eisaku Kunomasu (2)

Feb 11 – Mar 11 – Shuji Inukai (4)

Mar 11 – Nov 11 – Yoshimi Musashibo (5)

PGHW Glory Tag Crown

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/PGHW_GloryTag.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/AlexanderRobinson.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/LeeBennett.jpg

Champions: Team Toronto (7)

Date Won: 16th December 2011

Aug 07 – Jan 08 – Murayama & Ugaki

Jan 08 – Jul 08 – Kawashima & Koiso (2)

Jul 08 – Aug 08 – Team Toronto (4)

Aug 08 – Apr 09 – Kawashima & Koiso (3)

Apr 09 – Jul 09 – Akinori Kwakami & Buddy Garner

Jul 09 – Jul 09 – Murayama & Ugaki (2)

Jul 09 – Jan 10 – Team Toronto (5)

Jan 10 – Jan 10 – Murayama & Ugaki (3)

Jan 10 – Jul 10 – Kawashima & Koiso (4)

Jul 10 – Aug 10 – KitoSuda (Chojiro Kitoaji & Tetsunori Yasuda)

Aug 10 – Mar 11 – Team Toronto (6)

Mar 11 – Dec 11 – Akinori Kwakami & PRIDE Koiso

PGHW Historical Japan

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/PGHW_Historical.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/AkinoriKwakami.jpg

Champion: Akinori Kwakami (5)

Date Won: 9th July 2011

Aug 07 – Jan 08 – Tetsunori Yasuda

Jan 08 – Apr 08 – Raymond Diaz

Apr 08 – Jul 08 – Dread

Jul 08 – Oct 08 – Danger Kumasaka (3)

Oct 08 – Feb 09 – Raymond Diaz (2)

Feb 09 – Jul 09 – PRIDE Koiso (2)

Jul 09 – Aug 09 – Danger Kumasaka (4)

Aug 09 – Oct 09 – Raymond Diaz (3)

Oct 09 – Feb 10 – Dread (2)

Feb 10 – May 10 – Kozue Kawashima

May 10 – Oct 10 – Dread (3)

Oct 10 – Feb 11 – Akinori Kwakami (4)

Feb 11 – Jul 11 – PRIDE Koiso (3)

PGHW Elite Series

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/PGHW_Elite.jpg

Former Winners:

2008 – Eisaku Kunomasu

2009 – Shuji Inukai (3)

2010 – Yoshimi Musashibo (3)

2011 – Yoshimi Musashibo (4)

PGHW Elite Tag Series

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/PGHW_EliteTag.jpg

Former Winners:

2008 – Team Dynasty 2000 (Inukai & Musashibo) (5)

2009 – Kawashima & Koiso (2)

2010 – Team Dynasty 2000 (6)

2011 – Team Toronto

Spirit Chase Tour Schedule

For the first two shows of the new year, we look to start with a bang, as we begin the Elite Series tournament, with round one matches headlining both events. The eight participants in this year’s run are as follows:

Mito Miwa

Raymond Diaz

Yoshimi Musashibo

Buddy Garner

PRIDE Koiso

Eisaku Kunomasu

Shuji Inukai

Bryan Vessey

Glory Crown holder Kozue Kawashima is as per the usual rules exempt from this competition, with the winner of the tournament getting a chance to face the champion whenever he wishes. All of these men have participated before, and know the great chance that is within grasp, however, only half of them have ever come away with a victory, so does this give those four an advantage?

To kick off the first show we have the hot young tag team KitoSuda taking on the slightly younger pairing of Eien Miyamoto and Ogai Miki. The two rookies recently emerged onto the PGHW roster in early 2011, having been training for several years prior to that, and now look to take it by storm. However, Ogai is the smallest man in the match by far, so could this hamper their dreams of victory here?

We then see recent addition Yoshii Shiomi facing the veteran Danger Kumasaka in what can only be described as a major clash of styles. Which will come out on top, the agility and grace of Shiomi or the brute force of Kumasaka?

Former Tag champions Murayama & Ugaki then make their first appearance of this year taking on their rivals, the American Express. Both of these teams are desperate to get back in the running for a title shot, and a victory here will most likely help. Will it be the Gaijin or Endanger representatives who take that one step toward their goal? The Gaijin Sekigun is again in action as Oleg Dorosklov faces off against Glory Crown champion Kozue Kawashima in non-title action. Will Oleg be able to upset the champ? Or will Kozue just make him a bump in the road?

We then see the first match for the Elite Series 2012, as the Honour Sekigun leader Mito Miwa takes on the behemoth gaijin Raymond Diaz. These men have met in tag team action before, but this is the first time they have met one on one, and it looks to be one of the ages as they both go all out to advance in the tournament.

On the second night, we get a good couple of opening matches as Chojiro Kitoaji looks to get a possible second win in a row over Ogai Miki when he takes the youngster on in singles action to kick off the show. We then see the Gaijin Sekigun leader Dread taking on the leading Lion, Eien Miyamoto. In this battle of the big men, will Eien be able to get the biggest upset he could possibly hope for?

Masaru Ugaki then takes on the unaligned Nigel Svensson, in what will most likely be a technical showdown. Both men are known for their abilities on the mat, but will Ugaki’s match earlier this week leave him at a disadvantage against the gaijin?

In our semi-Main Event, we see our first title match of 2012, as Akinori Kwakami defends his Historical Japan title against Roku Sotomura. Roku left a mild trail of destruction in the latter half of 2011, getting victories over the likes of Ugaki, Miyazaki and Holmes. Will he be able to steal the title in his first chance? Or will Kwakami prove just why he is the champion with a successful defence.

Then to end this week, we have the second Round 1 match, as PRIDE Koiso takes on the ‘Lord of Strong Style’, Eisaku Kunomasu. Both men have faced off before in this tournament, in 2009 and 2011, with both men losing once. Who will get the all-important return win and get just that much closer to a shot at the Glory Crown?

Night One

Venue: Hakodate Athletic Field

Tag Team

KitoSuda vs. Eien Miyamoto and Ogai Miki

Singles

Yoshii Shiomi vs. Danger Kumasaka

Tag Team

Murayama & Ugaki vs. The American Express (Taylor & Hayes)

Singles

Non-Title

Kozue Kawashima vs. Oleg Dorosklov

Elite Series Round 1

Singles

Mito Miwa vs. Raymond Diaz

Night Two

Venue: Miyagi Athletic Field

Singles

Chojiro Kitoaji vs. Ogai Miki

Singles

Dread vs. Eien Miyamoto

Singles

Nigel Svennson vs. Masaru Ugaki

Singles

For the PGHW Historical Japan title

Akinori Kwakami© vs. Roku Sotomura

Elite Series Round 1

Singles

PRIDE Koiso vs. Eisaku Kunomasu

Predictions always welcome

Night One

Tag Team

Elite Series Round 1

Night Two

Dread vs. Eien Miyamoto

Elite Series Round 1

Night One

Tag Team

Former tag champs and appear to be higher up the card

Singles

Old man Kumasaka' still going strong ?! and by the looks of it he's still getting a pretty decent push, in that case his retirement tour wont include putting over what is probably a reject from BHOTWG's Junior Division.

Tag Team

Two teams that appear to be on the same level, I fancy the gaijin pair for the win in this one.

Singles

Non-Title

Kawashima appears to be the first of the 'next generation' to break the stranglehold of the big 5 (Mushashibo, Miwa, Tatsuko, Inukai, Kunomasu), on the Glory Crown. OK Death Monkey won the belt, but it looks as though he was an 'outsider' to shake things up a bit. Kawashima is the first of the PGHW homegrowns to win the belt and non title or not he won't be losing this match.

Elite Series Round 1

Singles

I think the fact that Miwa is the co-leader of the Honour stable, means that he will advance but it wouldn't surprise me too much if Diaz does advance.

Night Two

Singles

Miki's pure job fodder

Singles

Dread vs. Eien Miyamoto

Squash

Singles

Ugaki to edge this one.

Singles

Can't see Kwakami dropping the belt in his first defence of the new tour

Elite Series Round 1

Singles

Time for Koiso to get elevated to the next level ? A big win over Kunomasu in the Elite Series would go a long way to making people believe that he can finally crack the main event.

Night One

Tag Team

Miyamoto has potential, but I'm not sold on Miki, and KitoSuda is much more established, so they take the win.

Singles

Shiomi is a jerk, if I remember correctly, and I've never bought the idea of junior wrestlers taking hold in PGHW. Plus, Danger "Tenryu" Kumasaka is the man.

Tag Team

I love Taylor, who has the potential to be a future gaijin ace, but I never bet against Ugaki.

Singles

Non-Title

It pains me to see that "the Golden Boy" has gotten the Glory Crown before Koiso, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's a worthy champion at this point.

Elite Series Round 1

Singles

Miwa is, second to Mushashibo, my favorite of the "big five", and for that reason alone I'm picking him. Could be the launching pad for Diaz, though.

Night Two

Singles

Kitoaji. No-brainer.

Singles

Dread vs. Eien Miyamoto

Dread gets the win here, although I'm surprised that he hasn't retired yet. With his sure slide in skills due to age, and Miyamoto's relative inexperience, this one has the potential to be a real clunker - although, then again it's 2011. Maybe Miyamoto is already Washi Heat good. :D

Singles

Svennson is a wrestling machine, but Ugaki is my favorite Cornellverse wrestler, hands down.

Singles

Kwakami is one of the two young aces in PGHW that I've never really figured out what to do with - he's talented, but not overly so, and at the start of the game he's already pushing 30, which makes him only slightly younger than Kunomasu, Mushashibo, and Miwa, who are light years ahead of him in terms of talent. Anyway, ranting aside, I take Kwakami for the win.

Elite Series Round 1

Singles

See the comments above for my thoughts on Koiso - the difference is, he's loaded with charisma, so I can turn a blind eye to his age and push him to the moon. Why did I pick Kunomasu then? Because TigerKinney picked Koiso. :D

{As a side note, I'm predicting Washi Heat will be my new Cyber Fighter 3000 in this game. Could just be wishful thinking, though.}

Credit goes to jtlant for the Hayes/Taylor alts, and to FINisher for the Kitoaji and Kawashima alts. When i show the other alts I designate appropriate thanks

:). On with the show!

PGHW Spirit Chase Tour Show #1

Held at the Hakodate Athletic Field

Thursday, Week 1, March 2012

Attendance = 2,000 (Sell-out!)

Announce Team = Keiji Takeda, Ryu Kajahara and Sosa Morri

Pre-Show

N/A

Match 1: KitoSuda vs. Miyamoto & Miki

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/ChojiroKitoaji_alt.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/TetsunoriYasuda.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/EienMiyamoto_alt.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/OgaiMiki.jpg

As each team makes their way down to the ring, the comparatively veteran team of Kitoaji and Yasuda looks very confident, while the youngster pairing of Miyamoto and Miki looks worried, although Eien keeps a sly smirk on his face. When the bell rings, the legal men are Kitoaji and Miki, but neither man moves at all for quite some time, before Miki loses his patience and charges towards Chojiro, who effortlessly floors him with a back elbow before locking him in a side headlock. Miki struggles initially, but eventually manages to edge his way over to the ropes, but as he tries to get back up to his Kitoaji doesn’t release him and then knees him in the gut before whipping him across the ring. When he comes back, Kitoaji tries to go for a big back body drop but Miki is able to flip through it and catch Kitoaji out of nowhere with a snap hurracanrana that dumps him right on his head. The smaller man keeps on fighting like this for a minute or two, occasionally getting the upper hand, before tagging out to Miyamoto after catching Kitoaji with an enziguri, sending him to the mat.

The big man fares little better however, despite having the size and power advantage over Kitoaji, he finds himself quickly on the mat after a quick drop toehold, then gets caught in a tight arm bar from Kitoaji, who continually wrenches the arms back to add to the pressure, but to Eien’s credit he doesn’t tap out. Kitoaji is beginning to get bored by this point, and signals to the crowd that it is time to end it, before pulling Eien up to his feet and booting him in the gut, but this doesn’t seem to phase Eien at all, so the second generation superstar follows up with several stiff forearms right to the face before catching the bigger man with a jumping knee to the gut, then runs to the ropes. Eien seems to recover in time and goes for a clothesline, but Kitoaji easily ducks under it and then runs to the ropes once more. Yet when we comes back this time Eien is able to catch him with a big boot right to the jaw, staggering the smaller man, but Yasuda is suddenly in the ring and he manages to catch the young powerhouse with a leaping forearm to the jaw, stunning him, and allowing Kitoaji to bounce off the ropes one more time before nearly decapitating the big man with the Kitoaji Lariat, and making the cover. Yasuda makes sure Miki doesn’t try and break up the cover, and soon after gets the victory in a very one sided match.

Winner: Kitoaji & Yasuda in 5:21 by pinfall on Miyamoto by Kitoaji – B-

Match 2: Yoshii Shiomi vs. Danger Kumasaka

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/YoshiiShiomi.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/DangerKumasaka.jpg

Shiomi was at a serious disadvantage as soon as the match began, with the veteran Danger easily dominating the smaller man throughout the beginning. Shiomi was able to turn this around a minute or so into it, reversing a suplex attempt into a vicious spike DDT that planted the veteran right on his face. He then took to the skies, springboarding off of the top ropes with a Jewel Glint, a triple jump moonsault, but Danger was able to get the knees up just in time, causing Shiomi to crash and burn on top of them. The veteran was back in the driver’s seat from then on, as he instantly got up to his feet and pulled the smaller man up to his feet before whipping him across the ring. When he came back, he tried to go for a drop toehold but Shiomi is able to show off great athleticism with a somersault just in time, before catching the veteran in the jaw with a thrust kick that staggers him. However when the youngster tries to bounce off the ropes with a clothesline, Danger suddenly rushes forward and is able to catch him with a sharp elbow strike right to the jaw that floors Shiomi.

Danger then begins to slowly pick apart his opponent, locking him in several different arm bar variations before finally settling down with a cross armbreaker, but Shiomi refuses to give up, and manages to roll it through before getting to the ropes. Danger doesn’t let up though, as he immediately continues to work over the damaged arm, pulling Shiomi to his feet and headbutting away at the limb before whipping Shiomi into the corner. When he staggers back out of it in pain Danger suddenly kicks him in the arm before taking him over with a judo style takedown and then locks in a seated armbar, causing Shiomi to cringe in pain and try to get to the ropes. He is in the middle of the ring however and has nowhere to go, when out of nowhere he is able to catch the veteran in a small package that almost gets the three count. Danger kicks out just in time, and gets right back onto his feet, surprising Shiomi, before catching the youngster with stiff chops to the chest that send him reeling and then following up with a boot to the gut. He signals to the crowd before taking Shiomi up and over with the Danger-Plex, a hammerlock suplex where he makes sure to drop the opponent on their weakened arm. Shiomi clutches at his arm in pain, and before he can do anything, Danger quickly cinches in the Aurora Surfboard Vice, causing the youngster to almost immediately tap out.

Winners: Danger Kumasaka in 5:32 by submission - B

Match 3: Murayama & Ugaki vs. The American Express.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/RyomaMuruyama.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/MasaruUgaki.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/JoshuaTaylor_alt2.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/WilliamHayes_alt8.jpg

Both teams come down to the ring with grins on their faces, evidentially confident, but when the bell rings, that all disappears as they both get down to business, with the legal men being Ugaki and Hayes. They start off circling each other before both rush in and lock up, with neither man getting any advantage until Ugaki applies pressure and forces Hayes to bend over backwards to the mat, but the gaijin is able to show great strength by forcing his way back to his feet then kicks Ugaki in the stomach before then catching him with a vicious uppercut that sends him staggering. However, when he tries to follow up with a running elbow, Ugaki is able to nail a beautiful roundhouse kick across the face that initially stuns the gaijin before he flops down to the mat, seemingly out of it. Ugaki takes a moment to shake off the impact of the earlier uppercut before taking the match to the mat, locking in an inverted figure four style leg lock, but when the gaijin seems ready to fight his way out of it he quickly jumps into a headlock, keeping Hayes on the ground for a little bit, until he begins to unload with several strong elbows to the back of Ugaki, forcing him to let go and get up to his feet.

The youngster takes a few moments to shake off the damage once again before trying to catch Hayes off guard with a yakuza kick, but the gaijin is able to dodge it and then connect with a stiff chop that sends Ugaki reeling, and continues to unload until they are in Hayes’s corner. The gaijin then tags out to Taylor, who eagerly steps into the ring before the duo unleash a barrage of stomps into the gut of Ugaki, and when Hayes then steps out, Taylor takes advantage of the referee being distracted, telling Hayes to get out of the ring, to kick the youngster in the groin, causing the crowd to explode into boos. Taylor doesn’t seem fazed at all by this, a smirk appearing on his face as he pulls Ugaki up to his feet, but that smirk quickly turns into a grimace when the future star begins to hit forearm after forearm into the gut of the gaijin, before nailing a quick enziguri, sending him to the mat. Ugaki is down as well, and begins to crawl over to his corner, eventually being able to tag in his partner after leaping the last few feet, causing the crowd to cheer as they see one of their favourites take to the skies, Ryoma Murayama.

Taylor is just getting to his feet when Ryoma comes charging towards him and nails a beautiful dropkick, doing the same to Hayes, knocking him clean off the apron to the hard floor below. The high flier then drags Taylor back up to his feet and places him on the turnbuckles before punching him across the face, the connection of the shot echoing around the arena, and then tries to follow him up there. However, Taylor recovers in time to stop Ryoma, and begins to nail a few elbow shots before then hitting a stiff uppercut right to the jaw that has Ryoma swaying, before following up with a second uppercut, and this one sends Ryoma tumbling to the mat below. Taylor points to the crowd, gives them the finger, then leaps off the top, aiming to hit a diving elbow drop, but Ryoma is able to get his feet up all of a sudden, connecting with the face of the gaijin, who yells out in pain and flops to the mat. The crowd cheer loudly at this move, which prompts Ryoma to kip up onto his feet, and he begins to pump his fist, the crowd clapping along with him, before pulling Taylor up to his feet and whipping him across the ring. However, when he tries to go for a clothesline, Taylor is able to duck underneath it, and when he comes back he explodes with a corkscrew uppercut to the chin, sending Ryoma head over heels.

Taylor then gets up to his feet and tags his partner back in, as Hayes had eventually managed to get back on the apron, and the veteran gaijin eagerly steps back into the ring and stomps away at the downed Ryoma. The youngster doesn’t seem to be moving, and Hayes points out to the crowd and begins mocking them, but suddenly Ryoma bounces off the mat and connects with a beautiful kip up hurracanrana, sending Hayes tumbling across the ring. The gaijin seems to be dazed by it as well, as he stumbles when he gets back up to his feet, allowing Ryoma to easily nail a leaping knee into a DDT, called the Rocket Blaster, and then heads up top, before coming leaping off with the always great Murayama Launch, the turning Frog Splash, connecting right with the gut of Hayes before hooking the leg. Ugaki re-enters the match at this point, charging across the ring and eliminating Taylor with a stiff spinning elbow to the face just when Taylor steps into the ring, and the former tag champions manage to get the win in a hard fought match up.

Winner: Murayama & Ugaki in 12:02 by pinfall on Hayes by Murayama – B-

Match 4: Kozue Kawashima vs. Oleg Dorosklov

Non-Title.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/KozueKawashima_alt3FIN.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/OlegDorosklov.jpg

Kozue is met with massive cheers when he emerges out of the back, and he proudly holds up his belt to soak in the applause before heading down to the ring, high fiving and shaking hands with the fans that he can. Oleg on the other hand completely ignores them, being entirely focused on the ring, staring a hole through the Glory Crown champion, who to his credit doesn’t seem fazed at all and stares right back. When the bell rings neither man moves, and tension begins to fill the air as the two men just continue to stare each other down. Eventually they circle each other, and after the fans begins to clap them on they charge towards each other and lock up, with Oleg initially getting control after a quick elbow to the jaw followed by a standing arm bar. Kozue drops down to one knee, his face scrunched up in pain, but then begins to fight his way back up to both feet, yet when he is up Oleg just trips him up and tosses him to the mat before locking in the arm bar even tighter, causing Kozue to yell in pain. The champ stays in the match however, summoning the energy to claw his way over to the ropes, forcing Oleg to release him.

The former Judo champion shows a little bit of respect as he allows the champ to get up to his feet, but as soon as he is he charges towards him, apparently aiming for a clothesline, but Kozue is able to duck underneath it, pulling the top rope with him, sending Oleg tumbling to the floor below, landing badly on his back. Kozue takes a few moments before rolling out of the ring and taking the fight right back to Oleg, stomping away at his fallen body before pulling him to his feet. Oleg suddenly bursts full of energy however, as he begins to batter away at the champ with lefts and rights before connecting with a vicious chop to the neck that causes Kozue to drop down to his knees again. Oleg senses blood and backs away, measures the champ, and runs forward looking to connect with a running kick to the face, but Kozue outsmarts him, leaping into the air and connecting with a K-Kick out of nowhere right to the jaw, sending Oleg right to the floor. Kozue takes a few moments to recover before rolling the Ukrainian man back into the ring and following him in.

The champ points at Oleg and dares him to get back up to his feet, and when he does, he charges forward, aiming for a Kawashima Pulse, a discus lariat, but Oleg is able to duck the move and then catches Kozue in a sleeper, who then begins to fade fast, dropping down to the mat in just a few seconds. It looks like it could be over, as the referee checks on the champion, but when he checks for movement a third time, dropping the arm once more, Kozue keeps it up and then forces his way back to his feet, Oleg still latched onto him. The champ yells either out of adrenaline or pain from the hold before then running backwards into the corner, ramming Oleg into the turnbuckles. The former Olympian still doesn’t let go however, and Kozue begins to fade again, before summoning up what little energy left to ram him into the turnbuckles once more, this time forcing Oleg to release him. The champ drops down to one knee, barely able to stay conscious, but then gets back up to his feet and begins to clap, getting the crowd behind him, before kicking Oleg in the gut and whipping him across the ring. Kozue tries to go for a big powerslam, but Oleg is able to reverse it in mid air into an arm bar, causing Kozue to crawl backwards towards the ropes, managing to get to them, and then begins to get to his feet.

Oleg is getting frustrated by this point and charges at the champ, but Kozue explodes out of nowhere with the Double K Impact, a running one footed dropkick-style kick to the face, flooring Oleg. The champ quickly pulls Oleg up to his feet, and while the big man is dazed, he kicks him in the gut and then nails the Kawashima Driver 2005, a normal piledriver where Kozue drops to his knees instead, spiking Oleg right on his head, and then makes the cover, getting the victory. And just like that, the champion turned the tide of the match and emerged the winner.

Winner: Kozue Kawashima in 10:52 by pinfall – B+

Match 5: Mito Miwa vs. Raymond Diaz.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/MitoMiwa.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/RaymondDiaz.jpg

As he makes his way to the ring, the legendary Mito Miwa has a concerned look on his face, and when his opponent steps onto the ramp, the veteran seems to be thinking of any ways that he can down this behemoth. The bell rings, and the two men slowly walk into the middle of the ring before engaging in a staredown, with the gaijin Diaz absolutely towering over the legend Miwa, who has to strain his neck to look into his face. To their credit, neither man backs down at all, and eventually it is Diaz who throws the first punch, only just missing the smaller man by an inch due to him ducking, and the legend instantly sets himself on the behemoth, unloading a vicious series of alternating elbows to the gut of the big man, forcing him towards the ropes, but when he tries to whip him across the ring he finds himself on the wrong end of a massive headbutt that leaves him sprawled on the canvas. Diaz closes his eyes and looks into the air before looking back down at Miwa with a sadistic glint in his eye as he pulls him up to his feet. Miwa tries the same strategy again, hitting a few elbows, but Diaz just takes the hits before pushing the smaller man to the floor. The legend is taken aback by the power of the gaijin, and exits the ring to think up a new game plan.

Diaz takes a few moments before leaving the ring as well, eager to chase his prey, but Miwa is ready for him and catches him with a big jumping elbow to the face that actually stuns the big man, as he begins to sway in place. The legend then takes a few steps back and gets ready to hit a running back elbow, again jumping in order to reach the gaijin’s head, but when he runs forward the gaijin is able to duck the shot and then catch the legend in mid-air before throwing him overhead with a release belly to belly suplex. Miwa crashes onto the hard floor head first, and he clutches as his skull before slowly getting up to his feet, but this could be a mistake, as he is unable to see the big man coming, as Diaz eagerly charges forward and catches him with a boot across the face. The big man once again closes his eyes before breathing out heavily, then pulls Miwa up to his feet and rolls him back into the ring. The big man steps over the ring ropes, but Miwa suddenly shoots full of energy and dropkicks the leg of the gaijin, causing Diaz to trip and crotch himself on the top rope. He grimaces for a few second, but then works through the pain and gets into the ring properly, leaving Miwa stunned, as he thought it would have done more damage than that.

Diaz pulls Miwa back up to his feet and knees him in the gut before trying to take him over with a hip toss, but the legend is amazingly able to hold his ground against the brute strength of the gaijin and then unloads with several stiff kicks to the knees, causing Diaz to slowly get lower and lower before he is down to one knee. Miwa takes his chance and runs to the ropes, trying to go for a Pride Bomber nice and early, but the big man is able to once again able to catch the legend unaware with a bicycle kick to the face, taking Miwa straight to the mat. The veteran Miwa seems out of it by this point, and a sadistic smile crosses the face of Diaz as he pulls him back up to his feet. He points up to the sky, again closing his eyes, then lifts the legend up into the air, only to have Miwa land behind him and clock him in the back of the head with an enzu elbow. Diaz seems badly affected by this and begins to stagger forward, allowing Miwa to run forward and nail a chop block, causing Diaz to drop down to one knee again, and Miwa tries once more to take advantage of this and begins to kick away at the big man, alternating between the chest and back, but he tries once too many, as Diaz is able to catch one of his legs and send him flying across the ring with a leg trap suplex, dropping the legend right on his head.

Diaz breathes in as he gets up to his feet, that sadistic smile once again returning, but he approaches Miwa with a slight limp in his step, something that Miwa appears to notice, as he begins to use up all of his energy blasting away at the gaijin with elbows and forearm shots to the damaged knee, only to have Diaz nail a sick pointed elbow to the top of the head, causing Miwa to grab his skull in pain once again before rolling around grimacing. Diaz lets out a laugh and stomps away at the smaller man before running to the ropes. However, his limp causes him to trip as he comes back, allowing Miwa to roll out of the way and take him down with a drop toehold, the ring shaking from the impact of such a heavy man crashing down. Miwa looks around at the fans, and they seem to have the same brainwave, as they begin to cheer him louder than usual, and as soon as he notices Diaz getting up to his feet he runs to the ropes. He aims for the Pride Bomber one more time, but yet again Diaz is able to duck it, and it seems like he is going to lay out the legend with a vicious chokeslam, his hand clasped tightly around the veteran’s throat, but when he lifts Miwa into the air, the native star connects with a Pride Bomber out of nowhere right to the temple, making the gaijin drop him right away. Diaz stays on his feet though, swaying, before falling on his face, seemingly out cold. Miwa scurries over and rolls the big man over as he makes the cover, getting the very hard fought win.

Winner: Mito Miwa in 15:40 by pinfall – A - Didn’t click

Summary:

Kitoaji & Yasuda def. Miyamoto & Miki – B-

Danger Kumasaka def. Yoshii Shiomi – B

Murayama & Ugaki def. American Express – B-

Kozue Kawashima def. Oleg Dorosklov – B+

Mito Miwa def. Raymond Diaz - A

Overall = A

Notes: An awesome start to the tour, featuring some great action from the various guys involved, and for a main event that didn’t click, it was still amazing.

Mito Miwa def. Raymond Diaz - A , and didn't click? Wow.. A* and MOTYC for sure without the bad chemisty. Like the lay-out, like the match reports, like the alternative pictures (:D)

I think that this will be "The Diary" for me to follow from now on ;)

PGHW Spirit Chase Tour Show #2

Held at the Miyagi Athletic Field

Saturday, Week 1, March 2012

Attendance = 2,000 (Sell-out!)

Announcers = Keiji Takeda, Ryu Kajahara and Sosa Morri

Pre-Show

N/A

Match 1: Chojiro Kitoaji vs. Ogai Miki

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/ChojiroKitoaji_alt.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/OgaiMiki.jpg

Chojiro again had a large smile across his face as he made his way down to the ring, although this was more happiness than arrogance, while Miki came down looking quite worried, which was most likely due to the major size advantage Chojiro had over him. When the bell rang he seemed a little unwilling to lock up with his fellow youngster, but he did eventually run forward and lock up, only to be pushed back across the ring. Chojiro shook his head and ran forward, aiming to connect with a stiff kick, but Ogai was able to somersault over it and ran to the opposite ropes, and Chojiro turned around just in time to be caught with a flying forearm that sent him straight to the mat. Ogai then tried to go for the finish right away, and leapt up to the top rope, but Chojiro was up almost right away, and chased the smaller man up the turnbuckles, elbowing him stiffly in the back before then punching him in the back of the head. This stunned the smaller man, who looked ready to fall off, and Chojiro noticed this, as he threw Ogai across the ring with a Super Release German Suplex, Ogai landing right on top of his head.

This left the smaller man pretty much defenceless, and Chojiro spent the remaining few minutes toying with his foe, with Ogai never resisting anything. In the final minute or so, Chojiro pulled Ogai up to his feet and whipping him into the corner, yet when he tried to follow up with a corner clothesline, the smaller man was able to roll underneath him and then connect with a thrust kick to the jaw that sent Chojiro reeling back into the corner. Ogai jumped on the spot before running to the ropes, and when he came back he connected with a beautiful dropkick, getting amazing elevation, catching the bigger man right in the jaw. It didn’t knock him down though, with Chojiro instead staggering out of the corner, a glazed look on his face as Ogai again ran to the ropes. However, when the smaller man tried to go for a jumping head scissors Chojiro nailed the Kitoaji Lariat out of nowhere, turning Ogai inside out before he flopped to the mat lifelessly. Chojiro pointed at his head before rolling him over and making the cover, getting the easy victory in a match that was better than it should have been really.

Winner: Chojiro Kitoaji in 4:46 by pinfall – B+

Match 2: Dread vs. Eien Miyamoto

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/Dread.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/EienMiyamoto_alt.jpg

If Miki was worried about facing Kitoaji, Eien must have been having bowel problems when he was told who he was facing. He was obviously worried because his signature smirk and arrogance at his physique was completely gone, as he seemed to be thinking over things in his brain, his face a picture of concentration. Dread on the other hand, lumbered out onto the ramp with a big c-cky grin etched on his face before slowly making his way down to the ring. Eien didn’t want to give him any time, and as soon as he rolled into the ring he kicked the veteran in the face, stunning him, then unloaded with a barrage of punches and a quick knee to the jaw, but this didn’t seem to have much effect on the legendary gaijin, who fought his way up to his feet, and as soon as he was up he floored the youngster with one easy clubbing blow to the top of the head, Eien crumpling under the force of the blow. The big man then looked around at the crowd before laughing slightly and pulling Eien back up to his feet. The smaller man tried to fight back once more, hitting a few punches, but Dread just shook them off before flooring him with a big headbutt.

Eien was too dazed by that hit to put up any worthwhile resistance, and Dread easily whipped him into the corner. However, when the big man tried to follow up with the Crush Run, a running avalanche, Eien was able to step out of the way, only to be caught with another clubbing blow right to the back of the head, and after cringing in agony he dropped down to one knee before flopping forwards onto the mat. Dread again smirked before miming shooting the youngster with finger guns and then pulling him up to his feet. He then kicked Eien in the gut and whipped him across the ring, and when he came back he connected with a big boot right to the jaw that floored him again before running to the ropes himself. The youngster could do nothing to stop what came next, a monstrous big splash that nearly crushed him. Dread wasn’t done yet though, as he pulled Eien up to his feet. The youngster shot full of energy and began to unload with a series of elbows to Dread, but the big man just yelled in his face and then knocked out the smaller man with a big punch to the jaw, Eien standing still for a few seconds before slowly crumpling to the mat, completely out of it. The gaijin dragged him back up to his feet though and then kicked him in the gut before lifting him into the air, and after lifting Eien even higher, drove him into the mat with a sick Dread Bomb, an elevated sit out powerbomb, and made the cover. Eien was nowhere near being able to kick out, so the gaijin got the dominating win.

Winners: Dread in 4:38 by pinfall - B

Match 3: Nigel Svensson vs. Masaru Ugaki.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/NigelSvensson.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/MasaruUgaki.jpg

Nigel’s face seems very expressionless as he comes down to the ring, almost as if he is entirely focused on the match ahead, while Ugaki comes bouncing down with a smile on his face, pointing out to the crowd before rolling into the ring and climbing up the turnbuckles. Nigel doesn’t give him any time though, and leaps towards Ugaki, catching him out of nowhere with a stiff elbow to the back, knocking him off the corner. The gaijin then beats his chest before stomping away at the fallen former tag champion before pulling him up to his feet. Ugaki tries to come back with a few well placed forearms to the face, but the gaijin keeps on fighting, managing to daze Ugaki with a stiff knee to the gut that doubles him over before driving him into the mat with a big DDT. Nigel looks around before stomping on the arm of the prone Ugaki, before then working away at it with a variety of holds, including jumping into the air, while holding the arm, then driving his knee into the joint and then changing into a cross armbreaker, a combo called the Swedish Stress, but Ugaki refuses to give up so easily, and fights his way over to the ropes, latching onto the bottom one, forcing the gaijin to let him go.

Ugaki tries to get back up to his feet, but Nigel is able to catch him with a knee to the face that stuns him enough for the gaijin to whip him across the ring and then catch him with a flapjack style knee to the gut, causing Ugaki to yell out in pain and gasp for air while rolling about. Nigel seems to have a sadistic smile creeping across his face as he unloads with a barrage of knees to the face and chest of Ugaki, who was too dazed and winded to fight back, but Nigel takes a little too long on the final knee, deciding to do a mini run-up, allowing Ugaki to spark full of energy, block the knee, and then throw the gaijin to the floor with a dragon screw leg whip. Nigel tries to get back up immediately after the move, but his knee gives way and he clutches it in agony, allowing Ugaki to follow up with a boot to the face that sends the gaijin to the mat. Masaru senses the tide changing and claps to the get the crowd behind him, before running to the ropes and coming back with a jumping leg drop right to the throat, causing Nigel to gasp for air. Ugaki doesn’t let up, grabbing the gaijin’s leg, stepping over it, then rolling forward, sending Nigel flying overhead, then locks him in a leg lock, violently twisting the limb time and again, each time causing Nigel to yell out in agony.

From that point on Masaru was almost in complete control, cleverly working over the now weakened knee and leg of Nigel, who is barely able to mount any offence due to his knee giving way every single time that he tried. He does manage to get in a final bit of resistance however, when Ugaki tries to go for the Ugaki Clutch, a cross-face chickenwing where Ugaki then drops to the mat and applies a body scissors, managing to catch Masaru with a quick elbow to the face that stuns him, allowing Nigel to throw him over his shoulder with a takedown and then locking him in a reverse chinlock, but Ugaki again shows why he is the protege of Yoshimi Musashibo when he methodically elbows the gaijin in his weak knee, causing Nigel to yell in pain, then quickly leaping up to his feet and locking in the Ugaki Clutch, with Nigel tapping out as soon as he hits the ground due to the pain.

Winner: Masaru Ugaki in 11:51 by submission – B

Match 4: Akinori Kwakami© vs. Roku Sotomura

For the PGHW Historical Japan title.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/AkinoriKwakami.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/RokuSotomura.jpg

Kwakami comes out to the ring with his title proudly displayed on his shoulder, and pauses just at the start of the ramp and throws his hands up, causing the fans to loudly cheer him. A smile comes across his face as he then races down to the ring and points to his title, now in his hand, before waiting for Roku, who also charges down to the ring, wanting to get the match started right away. The champ saw this coming however, and caught Roku with a stiff punch right to the face that stunned him before then pulling him up to his feet and whipping him across the ring. When he came back the champ tried to take him down with a clothesline, but Roku ducked underneath it and then came flying back with a jumping shoulderbarge, but Akinori just took it and yelled in Roku’s face to do it again. The challenger obliged, but changed his mind at the last second, instead catching the champ off guard with a spinning forearm to the chin that sent him to the mat. Roku laughed and made the belt wearing gesture, but he didn’t notice Akinori getting back up, and the champ clocked him in the back with a series of stiff forearms that then sent him staggering forwards into the ropes. The champ was right back on him though, following up with a running forearm to the back of the neck before trying to take Roku over with a big German Suplex, only to have Roku kick him in the knee and force him away.

However, Roku was a bit too overeager as he charged forward at the champ, who saw him coming and tripped him up with a drop toe hold before locking in a single leg boston crab, causing Roku to yell in pain and desperately try to the reach the ropes, something he was eventually able to do. The champ was still on the attack though, kicking away at the damage leg of the challenger as he tried to get up to his feet. When he was eventually up, the champ kicked him in the gut and tried to whip him across the ring again, but Roku finally began to fight back again, as he countered the irish whip into a bridging Northern Lights suplex, only to have the champ kick out at two. Roku seemed to slap the mat out of frustation, and this anger lead to him getting up to quickly, as he grabbed his knee in pain and was unable to follow up right away. This allowed the champ to recover for a little bit, and when Roku tried to pull him up to his feet Akinori caught him with an uppercut to the jaw that sent him reeling, before following up with a running forearm style elbow, leaving the challenger sprawled out on the mat. The champ leant on the ropes then and looked out to the crowd with a smile on his face, before turning back to face Roku and pulled him up to his feet.

Roku tried to fight back again, blasting away with a several quick elbows, and this actually stunned the champ, before he ran to the ropes. The challenger tried to catch the champ with a running DDT, but Kwakami was able to boot him in the gut and then drive him into the mat with a high elevation spinebuster, Roku bouncing off of the mat. Kwakami’s smile returns as he pushes Roku’s legs away, and remains until he pulls the challenger up to his feet again, and whipping him into the corner. When he tries to follow up with a clothesline, Roku is able to get a foot up, catching Akinori right across the jaw, and then follows up with a second rope bulldog, but this is also unable to put away the champ, who kicks out at two again. Roku is getting very angry at this point, and he tries to end it with a running flip neckbreaker, called the RS Rush, but the champ is able to catch him with a stiff kick to the knee that causes Roku to yell out in agony and drop to the mat holding his knee, and after some further working over the joint, Akinori drags Roku into the middle of the ring and slaps on the Kwakami Painlock, an Indian Deathlock, and after some initial struggling Roku reluctantly taps out, being in absolute agony.

Winner: Akinori Kwakami in 9:44 by submission to retain. Kwakami makes defence number 1 of his Historical Japan title – C+

Match 5: Eisaku Kunomasu vs. PRIDE Koiso.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/EisakuKunomasu.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/PRIDEKoiso.jpg

Koiso made his way down to the ring first, getting a large pop from the crowd as he bounced down the ramp and pointed into the air. Eisaku entered to silence with his look focused entirely on young Koiso, a slight sadistic smile creeping across his face at the chance of tearing him apart. When they were both in the ring they began to circle each other, and when the bell rang Eisaku stopped on the spot and just stared across the ring, causing Koiso to look confused before charging in for the lock up. The veteran was ready for this however; grabbing Koiso’s left arm and wrenching it around and forcing the younger man onto one knee. He didn’t let up on the hold and stuck his tongue out almost as if he was enjoying it, but eventually the fighting spirit of Koiso came out on top as he was able to fight his way back up to his feet and smash the veteran across the face with a stiff elbow shot, sending him reeling. Koiso kept up the attack, unloading with elbow after elbow right to the face, winding up pushing Eisaku against the ropes and then whipping him across the ring.

When he came back, Koiso tried to go for a clothesline, but Eisaku leapt into the air and connected with a vicious knee smash to the top of the head, flooring Koiso who then rolled around the mat clutching his head. The veteran again smiled as he pulled the wounded youngster up to his feet, but he took a little too long, allowing Koiso time to recover and catch him with an uppercut, but Eisaku just seemed to take the blow and then nailed a sharp knee to the gut that doubled Koiso over, gasping for air. The veteran then ran to the ropes and went for a running knee smash to the side of the head, connecting straight with the temple and then nailing a big neckbreaker that made Koiso grab his head again. Eisaku quickly went for a cover, but only go a two count, making him slap the mat in frustration before pulling Koiso back up to his feet and whipping him across the ring. When he came back the veteran tried to lock him in a big rear sleeper but Koiso reversed it with lightning speed and turned it into a sleeper of his own, only to have Eisaku reverse it into another. Koiso wasn’t done yet however as he was able to catch Eisaku with a stiff elbow to the face and then went behind him, attempting a German suplex, but the veteran landed on his feet and then ran to the ropes.

When he came back he tried to go for another high knee smash, but Koiso blocked it and then kicked him in the gut before trying to go for another German Suplex, finally managing to pull it off, dumping Eisaku right on top of his head, but Koiso was spent after that exchange and collapsed on the mat as well. Neither man moved for some time, but Koiso was the first one up, and he began to slowly work over the head of the veteran, locking in various different sleepers and headlocks. Eisaku offered no resistance, and began to look to be out cold, but eventually began to fight back, escaping a side headlock and getting up to his feet. Koiso got up quickly as well and charged towards him, catching the veteran with a forearm smash, but Eisaku just took it and then fired back with his own barrage of elbows, getting revenge for earlier. Koiso began to waver after the first few, and when Eisaku finally stopped, the youngster stood stock still before crumpling backwards onto the mat, his eyes hazed over. Eisaku took a moment to get his breath back before continuing the fight, locking in a tight arm lock, intent on weakening up that limb.

Koiso had nowhere to go, as Eisaku had it locked in tight, but the youngster kept on fighting and was eventually able to get over to the ropes, but each time he got back up to his feet, the veteran threw him back down with a judo style throw and locked it back in. After a while Koiso was able to roll out of the ring away from Eisaku and took some time to recover, favouring his weakened arm. The veteran’s smile returned as he watched his opponent cringe in pain, and after a little while he followed him out, kicking him in his bad arm before whipping him into the apron. He then took a few steps back before charging in with a lariat attempt, but Koiso was able to move out of the way at the last second and used his good arm to smash the veteran’s face into the unforgiving ring apron, his head snapping back before he flopped to the floor. Koiso took some more time to recover before rolling Eisaku back into the ring. When he tried to pull the veteran up to his feet, he was met with a few sharp elbows to the gut but fought back with a elbow strike to the top of the veteran’s time, stunning him long enough for Koiso to whip him into the corner. However, when he tried to follow up with a corner clothesline Eisaku was able to roll out of the way just in time and when Koiso was staggering out of it he swept his legs out from underneath him with a chop block before then dragging him into the middle of the ring and working over the arm once more.

Koiso still refused to give up however and fought his way over to the ropes, only just managing to get his foot on the bottom rope, forcing the veteran to release him and back away. The youngster then quickly got up to his feet and tried to shake off the pain in his arm, but Eisaku charged right back in, intent on destroying it completely, only to be met with a dropkick to the jaw that sent him staggering backwards. Koiso cringed as he got up to his feet, as he landed on his arm after that move, but kept up the attack, grabbing Eisaku’s head with his good arm and then kneeing him repeatedly in the face before trying to go for the Koiso Kutter! The veteran had just enough fight in him however, and punched Koiso in the back of the head before shoving him away. The youngster was able to shake the cobwebs pretty quickly and ran to the ropes, aiming to soften up the veteran with a lariat, but when he outstretched his arm Eisaku surprised him out of nowhere with a roll-through and then locked him in the Kunomasu Vice! Koiso was slap bang in the middle of the ring and had nowhere to go, but he kept fighting and fighting and was eventually able to hit the veteran enough times in the gut to make him loosen the hold, allowing Koiso to wrench his arm free.

The veteran realised what happened and tried to charge back in again, but Koiso was able to catch him with a sharp back elbow out of nowhere with his good arm, leaving Eisaku stunned. The younger Koiso then took a while to recover and shake off the pain before kicking the veteran in the gut, doubling him over, and then whipped him into the corner. He bounced out on impact, but Koiso managed to nail a high power dropkick right to the chest that send him flying back into the turnbuckles. Koiso kept up the pace by unloading on Eisaku with a barrage of punches with his good arm before pushing him onto the top rope. He appeared to be going for a superplex, but Eisaku began to fight back with elbows and forearms to the gut, and when Koiso was gasping for air, the veteran tried to shove him back down to the mat, but he was able to keep his footing and then nailed another stiff strike right to the top of Eisaku’s head. He then tried to hit a super plex again, but Eisaku was able to elbow him in the face out of nowhere and as he began to teeter on the top, the veteran suddenly nailed a Super Side Slam, sending them both crashing to the mat below! They hit the mat hard, and the fans came unglued, with there being an even split in the crowd in terms of support, both men having their names chanted. Neither moved for quite some time, as they felt the effects of the hard fall, but the first one up was Eisaku, and he summoned what little energy he had left to quickly cinch in the Kunomasu Vice again! Koiso was too out of it to be able to fight back, but he still tried to resist. But one wrench later from the veteran had Koiso tapping, meaning Eisaku advanced to the semi-finals.

Winner: Eisaku Kunomasu in 17:32 by submission – A

Summary:

Chojiro Kitoaji def. Ogai Miki – B+

Dread def. Eien Miyamoto - B

Masaru Ugaki def. Nigel Svensson - B

Akinori Kwakami def. Roku Sotomura to retain – C+

Eisaku Kunomasu def. PRIDE Koiso - A

Overall = A

Notes: Another great show, a great way to continue the tour. I’m truly amazed with the rating for the Kitoaji/Miki match, but Kitoaji has become a heck of a talent since 2008. The Dread rating was most likely due to the big man still being incredibly popular at the moment. I got really into the main event, so sorry for the long write up. Oh and just to let you know, the main events are (if I can help it) going to be shorter than the last two, so that I don’t bore you guys :p and so I have an easier time doing shows.

Spirit Chase Tour Schedule

Now that we have seen our first two semi-finalists, Mito Miwa and Eisaku Kunomasu, this week we will see who is going to be their opponents, as Miwa will face the winner of Musashibo vs Garner on Night Three, and Eisaku Kunomasu will take on the winner of the Night Four main event, Bryan Vessey vs. Shuji Inukai. Both matches look to be excellent showdowns of amazing talent, with the Musashibo v Garner match looking to be a technical masterclass, but not all four men can advance. Who will gain that important semi-final place, and could we possibly be looking at an Inukai/Musashibo final?

To open up the first show, we have Bryan Holmes and Dread competing in singles action, taking on the two lower members of the Glory Lions, with Holmes facing Totoya Munakata and Dread facing the underdog Miki, who is literally dwarfed by the veteran gaijin. Munakata could potentially pull the upset, but will Miki even be able to survive his match, let alone win it?

Glory Tag Crown champions, Team Toronto, who have now been told their opponents for Night of PRIDE, Murayama & Ugaki, are in non-title action as they take on fellow Honour Sekigun members KitoSuda in what looks to be a Present vs Future style match up. Will KitoSuda be able to upset their allies? Or will the champs get rolling towards their title match with a win?

Kimitada Yanagita then makes his debut as he takes on the gaijin Art Reed in what looks to be a clash of styles, while William Hayes and Masutaro Kataoka do battle in the semi-main event. Will the veterans take away the victories over the two gaijins? Hayes will almost definitely be trying his best to not allow that, following his loss last week again Murayama & Ugaki.

On Night Four, Dread & Holmes team up to take on the youths Miyamoto and Miki. With Dread having experience of both youngster, will this give the gaijins yet more advantage? Or will Miyamoto and Miki be able to target the big man’s weaknesses and pull off the upset?

Masutaro Kataoka will be in action again this week as he takes on Morimasa Kato in the second match, will it be a victory or a spit in the face for Team ENDANGER?

The American Express then take up the next two matches, as William Hayes takes on Ryoma Murayama, and Taylor faces the former Olympic wrestler Li Bingci. Can Hayes get revenge for last week’s tag loss? Will Taylor be able to defeat the insanely popular Bingci? Or will this be another humiliating week for the Gaijin Sekigun?

Night Three

Venue: Tochigi Sports Stadium

Singles

Bryan Holmes vs. Totoya Munakata

Singles

Dread vs. Ogai Miki

Tag Team

Non-Title

Team Toronto vs. KitoSuda

Singles

Kimitada Yanagita vs. Art Reed

Singles

William Hayes vs. Masutaro Kataoka

Elite Series Round 1

Singles

Yoshimi Musashibo vs. Buddy Garner

Night Four

Venue: Nagasaki Sports Park

Tag Team

Dread & Holmes vs. Miyamoto & Miki

Singles

Masutaro Kataoka vs. Morimasa Kato

Singles

Ryoma Murayama vs. William Hayes

Singles

Joshua Taylor vs. Li Bingci

Elite Series Round 1

Singles

Bryan Vessey vs. Shuji Inukai

Predictions always welcome

Night Three

Tag Team ?????

Dread vs. Ogai Miki

Elite Series Round 1

Night Four

Elite Series Round 1

Night Three

Tag Team

Score one for the gaijin

Singles

Dread vs. Ogai Miki

And score another for the gaijin

Tag Team

Non-Title

It's non title and as KitoSuda already have the credentials being former champions, I think they pick up the win here to stake an immediate claim for a title shot.

Singles

Going on the roster list, Reed seems to be getting a stronger push than Yanagita

Singles

A good night for gaijin talent continues

Elite Series Round 1

Singles

I can't see Musashibo not making the semi finals

Night Four

Tag Team

Different format, same result

Singles

Could honestly go either way. But I have to stump for one.

Singles

Good week for Hayes.

Singles

Going on the roster list you have Bingci in the main event, so I don't see him losing here.

Elite Series Round 1

Singles

I see at least one of the 'Big 5' falling short and Vessey is good enough to topple Inukai.

Very good so far, as always. Just nominated this for rookie diary of the month. You're a good diary writer who plays to his strengths (match write-ups) but I just wish your diaries would last a little longer as you always seem to eventually suffer from burn out and this may well come from the very thing that makes your diaries great.

I don't find your match write-ups too long but then again I am a paid up member of the long match write-ups club. Saying that you could use a more summarised style for some of the lesser/squash matches. That's not because I don't enjoy reading them, but from my personal experience I've found it's helped me stave off 'burn out' if I only give the matches I feel are deserving of one, a more detailed write-up.

That means a lot coming from you Tigerkinney, you were actually the writer who inspired me to do diary writing, as kiss-up as that sounds :D. And thanks a load for the nomination, makes me more willing to keep this on fire :D.

I understand what you mean with the burn-out, I have taken a measure against that, in that I have played over a year and a half through the game, so no problem at the moment in terms of creative stuff like my last diary, and am writing a couple of shows ahead each time. Hopefully this will stop me from burning out too soon.

That is a good point as well, I'll ease up on the obvious squashes or lower quality ones, something I'll try on these next two cards. I would definitely appreciate if you could then comment on what you think of that style, whether it's too brief etc.

Thanks again, always happy to get critiques :)

Very good so far, as always. Just nominated this for rookie diary of the month. You're a good diary writer who plays to his strengths (match write-ups) but I just wish your diaries would last a little longer as you always seem to eventually suffer from burn out and this may well come from the very thing that makes your diaries great.

I don't find your match write-ups too long but then again I am a paid up member of the long match write-ups club. Saying that you could use a more summarised style for some of the lesser/squash matches. That's not because I don't enjoy reading them, but from my personal experience I've found it's helped me stave off 'burn out' if I only give the matches I feel are deserving of one, a more detailed write-up.

Seconded: The Opinion and the Nomination for the Rookie DOTM.

Night Three

Singles

A great training lesson for Munakata, and I'm interested to see who is going to be the breakout lion in this one, as PGHW has a lot to choose from.

Singles

Dread vs. Ogai Miki

Poor, poor Miki.

Tag Team

Non-Title

I see Toronto getting the win here, as they're so established in PGHW that it's hard to bet against them. That being said, I still wouldn't be shocked to see it go the other way.

Singles

This is really a toss up, as Reed is just a touring gaijin, but Yanagita hasn't really been established to the PGHW audience yet. The coin flip goes to Reed, as I tend to team him with Kunomasu in my PGHW games.

Singles

I don't really what kind of run Hayes is on, and that being said, when in doubt I choose natives over gaijins.

Elite Series Round 1

Singles

A technical masterpiece, and I pick arguably the best technical wrestler in the world.

Night Four

Tag Team

Miyamoto is a talent that I've always liked, and he has the potential to be a big star down the line, and this will be a tremendous training lesson for her.

Singles

If I picked him to beat Hayes, I definitely have to pick him to go over Kato, despite how much I like Kato. It doesn't seem that he'll have a good run in this game though. :D

Singles

Murayama is one of the few lightweights in PGHW that I like, and I see him staying strong, possibly to set up a feud down the line with Ugaki if that team should split.

Singles

This is really a tougher choice than I think it should be, as Bingci is obviously at this stage the better wrestler. Still, Taylor is a tremendous talent, and very young, and could easily be the next Bryan Holmes in a few years.

Elite Series Round 1

Singles

I really have always liked Inukai (he's one of my favorite stars in PGHW), and I really, really hate the Vesseys.

Credit to jtlant for the Munakata alt.

PGHW Spirit Chase Tour Show #3

Held at the Tochigi Sports Stadium

Thursday, Week 2, March 2012

Attendance = 7,851

Pre-Show

N/A

Match 1: Bryan Holmes vs. Totoya Munakata

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/BryanHolmes.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/TotoyaMunakata_alt.jpg

Totoya made his way to the looking very focused, obviously aiming to have a better week than his fellow Lions members, who so far have had no success. However, he was going to have quite a challenge in the shape of Holmes, who from the get go gave the youngster no quarter. The one thing that Totoya had in his favour was impressive technical ability, and he managed to have Holmes in a tight spot during the early goings, including a knee lock that had the gaijin stuck in the middle of the ring, but this was soon ended with a stiff boot to the face that left the youngster sprawled on the mat. Holmes then took control of for the next few minutes, at one point hitting a sickening backbreaker on Totoya that caused the youngster to scream in pain before flopping lifelessly onto the mat. Bryan then tried to go for the Cyclone Shock Kick when Totoya got up, but the youngster appears to have done his homework as he was able to duck underneath it and then catch the gaijin with a leaping knee that staggered him, and then nailed a quick neckbreaker before going for the cover.

Holmes kicked out at two however, and was so filled with adrenaline after that point that Totoya didn’t stand a chance, the youngster being on the wrong side of a vicious barrage of elbows before falling victim to a running knee, stunning him, before falling victim to the Cyclone Shock Kick, Holmes connecting right with his jaw, sending him straight to the mat. The gaijin smiled before standing on the chest of the youngster, the fans booing this arrogance. It did get the job done however, as Totoya was too out of it to really kick out.

Winner: Bryan Holmes by pinfall in 7:34 – B don’t click

Match 2: Dread vs. Ogai Miki

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/Dread.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/OgaiMiki.jpg

Miki actually managed to fare better than his pseudo-leader Miyamoto, which was made an even more impressive feat considering it was against the monstrous Dread. In the beginning of the match, the gaijin just seemed to be toying with the youngster, as each time the dwarfed Miki ran in to lock up, Dread just smacked him across the face and shoved him down to the mat, before daring him to try again. To Miki’s credit, he did keep doing that, getting up even after being shoved down for a sixth time, and this time he had had enough and nailed a great running dropkick that caught the gaijin right in the nose. Dread grunted in pain and staggered backwards holding his nose, and Miki ran in to take advantage with a dropkick to the knee, and then tried to follow it up with a leaping side kick to the nose again, but Dread was able to catch his foot and then throw him down to the mat before nailing a deadly leg drop across the exposed knee. The youngster let out a horrific yelp of agony before the big man let him go, seemingly enjoying seeing the smaller man writhe on the mat grabbing his knee, as his smirk began to creep across his face.

Miki crawled over to the ropes and used them to pull himself up to his feet, and he seemed to be waiting for Dread to come to him, and the gaijin seemed to fall for the trick, as he charged towards the youngster, who at the last moment pulled down the top rope, and due to the momentum the big man tumbled to the outside, although he managed to land on his feet. Miki then tried to nail a baseball slide, but again Dread was able to just absorb the impact and grabbed his legs before driving him onto the arena floor with a spinebuster, seemingly leaving the youngster lifeless. Dread again smiled and rolled the smaller man back into the ring, before running, well jogging, to the ropes, and when he came back he leapt into the air and crushed Miki with the Dread Splash, and it was pretty academic from there.

Winners: Dread in 5:37 by pinfall - B

Match 3: Team Toronto vs. KitoSuda.

Non-Title

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/AlexanderRobinson.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/LeeBennett.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/ChojiroKitoaji_alt.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/TetsunoriYasuda.jpg

Both these two teams are firmly established in the tag division, although the gaijins had the clear experience advantage, having held the titles seven times to KitoSuda’s once. Before the match started, the two teams shook hands due to their mutual respect before separating to their corners, with the first men in being Robinson and Yasuda. As soon as the bell rang they began to circle each other, with Yasuda being fairly light on his feet before the two men clashed in the middle. Neither budged at all, which resulted in them breaking away and trying again, but the same thing occurred each time, eventually making each man tag out to their respective partners to see if they could fare better. Kitoaji nodded to Bennett out of respect before charging in with a clothesline attempt that was almost effortlessly ducked by the gaijin who then caught the youngster with a series of chops to the chest, brightening it up, but when he began to slow up Kitoaji just yelled out and promptly spun the gaijin into the ropes and began to fire off his own barrage of chops, repaying the favour. Bennett’s face scrunched up in pain as the youngster showed no sign of stopping, but when he eventually did it looked like he was going to try and whip the gaijin across the ring, only to be pulled towards Lee instead and caught with a stiff elbow that sent him to the mat.

Lee grimaced and held his chest before tagging out to Alex, who quickly followed up where he left off, kicking Chojiro a couple of times before pulling him up and whipping him across the ring, aiming to hit the Canadian Violence early on, only to have Kitoaji ducked underneath and then come flying back with a strong shoulderblock that sent the gaijin to the mat. The youngster then took some time to shake off the pain before pulling Alex back up to his feet, only to be met with a chop to the chest that sent him reeling, and as soon as he found his footing Alex followed up with a running kick to the stomach that doubled him over before taking him over with a snap suplex. Kitoaji arched his back in pain, but Alex didn’t let up whatsoever, stomping away at the weakened chest of the youngster and then nailing an elbow drop before keeping the match on the mat with a sleeper hold. Kitoaji seemed to fade almost instantly, but a few moments later he shot full of energy and easily fought his way out of the hold, much to the surprise of Alex, and then locked the gaijin in a single leg crab as he was confused, causing him to cringe and groan in pain, desperately trying to reach the ropes. Chojiro showed determination however, as he refused to loosen the hold or give Alex any movement at all, and just when it seemed like the veteran was going to tap out, Lee came charging in and nearly took the youngsters head off with a lariat.

Lee then returned to his corner, with Yasuda looking at him with both unhappiness and understanding, not happy with the underhanded tactic but knowing why he would do it. Alex was up to his feet first and he pulled Kitoaji to his feet, only to be caught with an uppercut to the jaw that sent him staggering backwards, allowing the youngster to leap to his corner and tag in Yasuda. Alex was still stunned, leaving him open to a strong lariat from the young native, and although he got back up to his feet almost right away, Yasuda didn’t let up, kicking him in the gut and then whipping him across the ring. When he came back the youngster quickly kicked him in the gut before nailing a running neckbreaker, causing Alex to cringe once more and grab his neck before slowly making his way up to his feet, but noticeably slower than before, obviously feeling the pain. Yasuda let him recover for a few moments out of respect for his ally before charging in and locking up with him, easily getting control and then taking him up and spiking him on his head with a brainbuster, only to have the gaijin kick out when he tried for the pinfall. A look of frustration appeared ever so slightly on the youngster’s face, which may be why he pulled Alex up to his feet too quickly, allowing the gaijin to surprise him with a stiff elbow to the jaw before nailing a back flip kick, seemingly knocking the youngster out.

Both teams went back and forth for the remaining minutes, with quick tags taking place as each member got hurt easily, but it ended up being Alex against Yasuda again at the end, and after catching the veteran with an enzu style elbow right to the head, he tried to take him over and end the match with the Minilla Plunge, a Northern Lights Bomb, but the veteran was able to somehow land on his feet and ran to the ropes. Yasuda noticed and turned around, only to be turned inside out with the Canadian Violence, a brutal mafia kick. Alex went for the cover, and with Kitoaji too tired from a recent exchange with Alex as well, the Glory Tag champions took the victory in an amazingly even match that showed how much of a contender KitoSuda were.

Winner: Team Toronto by pinfall in 16:06 – B+

Match 4: Kimitada Yanagita vs. Art Reed.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/KimitadaYanagita.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/ArtReed.jpg

Kimitada came out to the ring with moderate fanfare, due to sort of making a name for himself over in GCG over the past few months, but Art Reed received a very large pop, as the crowd had really begun to love him over the past couple of years, and when he came out to the ring, he bounced on his feet and slapped the fans hands, before focusing on his opponent upon actually getting in the ring. When the bell was rung, Reed instantly set about dominating the big man after he went for a clothesline too early, with Art tripping him up and then locking him in several different kinds of leg locks, showing his technical experience, but nothing made the big man give up, and he was able to fight his way over to the ring ropes. Art showed some sportsmanship as he released the hold and backed away, but Kimitada replied in kind with a vicious elbow to the jaw before running to the ropes. His bad knee left him with a limp, but the gaijin Reed was too stunned by the elbow to move out of the way, and nearly had his head taken off with a big boot straight to the jaw.

The big man then took the match into his own hands, but he mucked up a few holds, allowing the gaijin to steal back control once more, again targeting his weakened leg and forcing him down to the mat. Kalu, who was on the outside, tried to cheer his partner on, but Kimitada was beginning to fade, only just managed to grab hold of the bottom rope. Reed stood up, releasing the big man again, but instead of backing off he dragged him back into the middle of the ring and laid into him with various boots to the face and back, before locking him in various holds again. The big man had very little offence in the closing minutes of the match, as his leg stopped him from moving about too much, although he did get close to nailing a brainbuster, only to have his knee give out on him. Reed quickly followed up with a running knee to the face and promptly locked in the Dread Lock, which had Kimitada tapping in no time, in a debut that left much to be desired.

Winner: Art Reed by submission in 9:49 – C didn’t click at all

Match 5: William Hayes vs. Masutaro Kataoka

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/WilliamHayes_alt8.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/MasutaroKataoka.jpg

Hayes came out with the usual c0cky grin as he made his way to the grin, and didn’t even notice some ringside fans flipping the bird at him, he was just way too into himself to care. This grin turned into one akin to laughter as the veteran Kataoka made his way to the ring, but before the bell rang the native made his intentions known as he floored the gaijin with a big forearm to the jaw. The two men shared an intense stare before the bell rang and Hayes got up to his feet. Neither man made a move save for circling their opponent for quite some time, but when they did the first man to do so was Hayes, who tried to get revenge for the earlier forearm with one of his own, but the veteran blocked it and then fired back with another, sending the gaijin staggering backwards. Will almost seemed to have lost his confidence due to this, as his smirk changed to a look of confusion, as if he didn’t know what to do next. This kept happening over the next few minutes, as each time Hayes tried to do something Kataoka would stop him right in his tracks.

Hayes was able to get control however after managing to wriggle free from a suplex attempt, dropping to his feet and nailing a quick elbow to the back of the head that sent the veteran Kataoka staggering forward. The gaijin’s smirk returned as he charged in and hit another, sending the veteran into the ropes. But he didn’t capitalise on it, instead taking time to argue with the crowd and run his fingers through his hair. This gave Kataoka time to recover, and by the time Hayes tried to whip him across the ring, the veteran reversed it, and when Hayes came running back he took him off his feet with a flying forearm to the face, and went for the cover. The gaijin showed resilience however, kicking out at two before getting straight back up to his feet. Kataoka tried to follow up with a quick snap suplex, but Hayes was able to hold his ground before kicking the veteran in the gut and then flipping him over before nailing an inverted DDT style knee backbreaker, called the Jin Breaker, which left Kataoka grimacing in pain. But Hayes wasn’t done yet, as he dragged the veteran over to the corner, and began to fire away with boots to the gut before whipping him across the ring into the opposite corner. However, when he tried to follow up with a double knee to the face, Kataoka again blocked it and then unloaded with a series of forearms that stunned the gaijin, allowing the veteran to run to the ropes and then come back with a discus clothesline attempt, only to have Hayes catch him out of nowhere with the Slick Trick! He managed to grab him mid-spin, hoist him onto his shoulders and then plant him with that move, an argentine backbreaker drop, before hooking the leg and getting the victory.

Winner: William Hayes by pinfall in 12:55 – B-

Match 6: Yoshimi Mushashibo vs. Buddy Garner.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/YoshimiMushashibo.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/BuddyGarner.jpg

These two had met many times before, but never seemed to produce a result that satisfied either the fans or themselves, with them meeting in many 30 minute draws last year. This time however, both men were more determined than ever to get that true victory over their opponent, not only to show they were the better wrestler, but also to move towards that chance at the Glory Crown. When the bell rang, Buddy seemed to try to go for a handshake, having some respect for the legend, but Yoshimi just laughed at him and slapped the hand away in a c0cky gesture. The gaijin didn’t take kindly to this however, and instantly tackled the legend to the mat and began to pound away with punch after punch, Yoshimi barely able to cover up in time, with many of the strikes getting through and connecting with his face. The referee had to actually pull Buddy off of Yoshimi or risk calling a DQ, and although Buddy wanted to get revenge for the slap, he calmed down due to not wanting to lose this match so quickly. Yoshimi was down on the mat for quite some time, and when he did eventually get back up to his feet, Buddy being forced to let him up, he was clearly still feeling the effects of that barrage, as he lost balance many times and had to lean on the ropes.

It was Buddy’s turn to laugh now, and he charged in with the intent to send the ENDANGER leader to the outside, but when he got in close range of the legend, Yoshimi caught him with a boot to the jaw that rocked him, before nailing a kesagiri out of nowhere, Buddy crumpling under the impact of the blow, grabbing at his neck. The legend then flopped back onto the ropes, trying to recover somewhat, but when he did he was able to pull Buddy up to his feet and then whip him across the ring. When he came back, Yoshimi tried to take him over with a spinning powerslam for a cover attempt, but the gaijin had other plans, resisting being lifted up and instead unloading with a series of knees to the gut, and when Yoshimi doubled over, he changed his target to the face, with the legend offering no defence to the blows, being winded. The gaijin released him, and he dropped down to one knee, prompting buddy to the run to the ropes, attempting to go for a big back body drop, only to have Yoshimi kick him in the face and then take him over with a snap powerslam out of nowhere. He went for the cover as he had earlier attempted, but Buddy kicked out just before the two count, making Yoshimi slap the mat in anger, as he was sure that would’ve given him more. The legend then pulled Buddy up to his feet and booted him in the gut, setting him up for the Musashibo-Plex I, but the gaijin punched his way out of the move, targeting the stomach, before then taking his fellow veteran over with a judo style takedown, then locking in a arm/chinlock, where he stretched one arm behind the head of his opponent while also applying a chinlock.

Yoshimi was able to escape that pretty easily however, and what followed was a technical masterclass as many people had hoped, one that lasted for several minutes, with neither man being able to successfully lock in a hold before it was reversed and the man found themselves in a lock instead. The result of this was an intense stalemate, with both men rolling away and standing up before staring at each other across the ring, the crowd cheering each man deafeningly. There actually seemed to be a moment of respect between the two, as there appeared to be a brief nod, but this quickly got forgotten when they locked up in the middle again. They again jockeyed for position, with Yoshimi only managing to get control after elbowing the gaijin in the side and then quickly sending him up and over with a suplex, Buddy coming crashing down on the top of his neck. Yoshimi was then finally able to lock a hold in, cinching in a camel clutch style hold, but even that didn’t last long as Buddy was able to slink his way out of it and race to the ropes afterwards. The legend didn’t let up, charging towards the gaijin, only to be met with a very stiff punch straight to the jaw from Buddy, who leapt forward at the last second, and Yoshimi flopped over the ropes and down to the floor, seemingly lifeless from that last connection. Buddy looked concerned that he might have done a bit too much damage and went to the outside to pull the legend up, but it was actually a ruse, as Yoshimi unloaded with machine gun chops straight to the chest before nailing a kesagiri that again made Buddy crumple to the floor.

Yoshimi then dominated the final few minutes of the match, at one point getting dangerously close to locking in the Yoshimi Lock, only to have Buddy sneak out of it at the last second. He then tried again, only to have the same result happen, causing him to lose his focus and pull Buddy up to his feet quickly, and when he tried to whip him across the ring, it was reversed and he found himself on the wrong of a lariat from the gaijin. Buddy didn’t go for the cover though, instead pulling his fellow veteran up to his feet and then whipping him into the corner. When he charged in with a avalanche attempt, the legend was able to move at the last second, and as soon as Buddy hit the turnbuckles, he began to unload with machine guns chops to the back, and when Buddy tried to fight back, to the chest, with the gaijin showing near agony on his face with each consecutive chop. After nailing another Kesagiri, he tried to go for the Yoshimi Explosion ’00, but Buddy showed great resilience when he used the last of his strength and energy to resist it and then fire away with stiff elbows to the face of the legend, who released him. The gaijin then took his chance and ran to the ropes, aiming to nail another lariat and end the match, but when he came back Yoshimi caught him out of nowhere with the Yoshimi Explosion ’00, dumping him right on his head. The fans exploded as soon as this move was hit, but neither man had anything left in the tank, Yoshimi barely being able to make his way over and drape his arm over his rival, but when he did, he managed to finally get that decisive victory, along with a slot in the semi-finals.

Winner: Yoshimi Mushashibo in 24:46 by pinfall – A

Summary:

Bryan Holmes def. Totoya Munakata - B

Dread def. Ogai Miki - B

Team Toronto def. KitoSuda – B+

Art Reed def. Kimitada Yanagita - C

William Hayes def. Masutaro Kataoka – B-

Yoshimi Musashibo def. Buddy Garner - A

Overall = A

Notes: Another good show, with KitoSuda really impressing in their tag match with the tag champs. What did you guys think of the Toronto/KitoSuda match and the Yoshimi/Buddy match? I tried my best on them to make them entertaining but not waffling, so would appreciate your opinion. Also what do you think of the lesser match write ups, such as the two first matches and then the Reed/Yanagita train wreck? Still too long? Or is that sorta the right way?

Top gaijin picks up injury!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/BryanHolmes.jpg

Leading gaijin Bryan Holmes has unfortunately picked up an injury in his recent match against young lion Totoya Munakata. Bryan said he felt a sharp pain in his leg after hitting the Cyclone Shock Kick at the end of the bout, and was taken to hospital soon after when he was having difficulty walking. Luckily for the veteran, it is not serious, being diagnosed as a swollen calf. Therefore he is being allowed to rest for the next month to prevent further aggravation, which unfortunately means he is being pulled from all his scheduled matches, and leading veteran Danger Kumasaka offered to step up to the plate. So therefore this week the tag match will instead now be Dread & Kumasaka taking on Miyamoto & Miki. We apologise for this inconvenience, but hope you understand.

PGHW Head Office.

The match write-ups are superb as always, the undercards are an ideal length. The big matches are a bit long, but the quality of the write-ups (and the matches themselves) are tremendous enough that there won't be any complaints. I think as long as you reserve the long write-ups for just main events and the odd undercard match when it's warranted, it'll be fine.

Credit to FIN for the Kato alt.

PGHW Spirit Chase Tour Show #4

Held at the Nagasaki Sports Park

Saturday, Week 2, March 2012

Attendance = 2,000 (Sold Out)

Pre-Show

N/A

Match 1: Dread & Danger Kumasaka vs. Miyamoto & Miki

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/Dread.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/DangerKumasaka.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/EienMiyamoto_alt.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/OgaiMiki.jpg

Dread looked fairly uncomfortable with his new partner, as Danger was a well known opponent to the Gaijin Sekigun, but the two nevertheless worked well to slowly dismantle their young lion opponents. When the bell rang, it was a familiar sight as Miyamoto and Dread started off the match. The big man instantly set about dominating him once again, nearly breaking his back with a stiff clubbing blow that caused Eien to drop down to his knees and cringe. This impact seemed to effect the big youngster for the rest of the match, as he never really recovered, only being able to nail a clothesline out of nowhere to Dread that stunned him enough for Eien to run over to his corner and tag out. Ogai bounded into the ring with a look of happiness to just be wrestling tonight, but when he took a step towards Dread he just bounced off the big man’s chest, causing a big grin to slowly etch its way across his face. Miki’s happiness disappeared to one of worry as he tried to lock up with the gaijin, but time and again, just like their match a few days ago, the big man just threw him to the mat.

After about the sixth time, Dread lumbered over to his corner and tagged out, bringing in the dangerous veteran Danger Kumasaka, who raced over to a stunned Miki and instantly began to pick him apart at blinding speed. The youngster didn’t know what hit him, and soon enough found himself in the Aurora Surfboard Vice, and if it wasn’t for Eien coming in and kicking the veteran across the face, this match might well have been over. The youngster soon regretted this though, as Danger didn’t take kindly to being smacked in the face, and promptly began to brawl with the leader of the glory lions. However, Eien seemed to begin to take the advantage just when Dread decided to enter the fray as well, connecting with a vicious Dread Smack across the face of the big youngster, who crumpled down to the mat. Danger then set his sights back on Miki, but the small fighter wasn’t about to go down easily, and nailed a double dropkick to his two opponents, but when he tried to follow up with a springboard moonsault, Dread was able to catch him in mid-air then drove him into the mat with a running powerslam, before miming shooting him with fingers guns, leaving Miki open for Danger to pull the small man up and nail the Danger-Plex, before cinching in the Aurora Surfboard Vice once again, which soon had Miki tapping like mad.

Winner: Dread & Danger Kumasaka by submission in 9:05 – C+

Match 2: Masutaro Kataoka vs. Morimasa Kato

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/MasutaroKataoka.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/MorimasaKato_FIN2.jpg

Kataoka came out looking a little less happy than his last match, most likely because his knew his opponent was a dangerous man, and when Kato came out, his look was one of pure malice, the side of his mouth twitching either in rage or excitement. When the bell rang, the youngster ran in and tried to catch Kataoka with a leg trip, but the veteran was able to dodge it and then kicked him in the side of the head. It didn’t have the desired effect however, as Kato instantly stood up and glared a hole through Masu, who tried to kick him in the gut, but again Kato just absorbed the pain before firing back with a kick of his own, right to the chest, which sent the veteran reeling, before connecting with three more to the same place, Masu ending up leaning against the ropes with a red chest. Kato’s mouth slowly twisted into a smirk as he then whipped the veteran across the ring, levelling him with a leg lariat when he came back. After taking a moment to survey the damage he took the match to the mat with a rear chinlock, but when Masu began to fight his way out of it he switched to a leg lock, seemingly intending to break it, as he showed no signs of letting go, constantly stretching the limb.

Masu fought through it though, and was able to slowly creep over to the ropes, forcing Kato to release him. However, when he got back up to his feet the youngster charged straight at him, trying to bring him back down to the mat. Masu was able to counter at the last moment though, nailing a stiff forearm to the face that stunned him, before nailing a spinning forearm that knocked him, though Masu also fell over due to his leg giving out. Kato took a few moments to get moving, and when he got up he shook his head as if to wake up again then pulled Masu up to his feet. The veteran began to fire away with stiff forearms, and initially they stunned the youngster, but Kato was able to fight his way through it then whipped the veteran across the ring. When he came back, Kato took him up and over with an overhead belly to belly suplex, Masu crashing to the mat, before circling the veteran. Masu didn’t seem to know what was going on; as he stumbled once he got up to his feet. Kato sensed this and promptly kicked him in the gut before nailing a sick German Suplex, dumping him right on his head and folding him up like an accordion. It didn’t stop there however, as the youngster picked the dazed veteran up and then nailed the Kato Buster, a Spinning Fisherman’s Driver, before hooking the leg, getting the victory in a slightly hard fought match.

Winners: Morimasa Kato by pinfall in 8:50 - B-

Match 3: Ryoma Murayama vs. William Hayes

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/RyomaMuruyama.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/WilliamHayes_alt8.jpg

Hayes came down to the ring in his usual way, absolutely in love with himself, ignoring most of the fans at ringside, and when one tried to insult him, he just laughed as he climbed into the ring, while Ryoma came out to large applause and bounded to the ring, high fiving the fan that insulted Hayes. Once he was in the ring, he stopped in place and had a staredown with Hayes, soon after the bell was rung, and the match started. A few moments passed and still no movement, but soon they began to circle each other, the tension building, before they both collided in the middle of the ring. They each tried to gain control, but nothing gave way, Hayes only managed to steal it away after a thumb to the eye, which drew a near explosion of boos from the crowd. He didn’t care however and strutted towards Ryoma before pulling his head up and then slapping him across the face, clearly not feeling any danger, but Ryoma responded with a leaping enziguri out of nowhere that floored the gaijin. He then looked out to the crowd and flash them a smile before running to the ropes. When he came back he tried to go for a flip senton, but Hayes was able to roll away, and seemed quite c0cky, believe that Ryoma had screwed up, but his rival had actually landed on his feet somehow and then connected with a dropkick to the face that sent the gaijin reeling.

Ryoma spent the next few minutes in a similar style, playing around with Hayes almost, but the gaijin eventually got tired of it and nearly decapitated him with a running lariat that turned him inside out. Hayes’s c0cky persona disappeared from that point on, instead becoming one of anger, as he began to pound away with boots and punches to the fallen Ryoma. After unloading all his stress into those strikes he pulled the high flier up to his feet then booted him in the gut, intending to take him over for a suplex, but when he noticed that Ryoma was beginning to wriggle out, he was able to quickly translate it into a neckbreaker, causing Ryoma to cringe and grab his neck in pain, before slowly getting up to his feet. Hayes was surprised but continued the assault, nailing a few stiff uppercuts before whipping Ryoma across the ring. When he came back, Hayes tried to go for a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker, but his rival was able to counter it with a head scissors that left the fans in awe, while sending Hayes sprawling across the ring. Ryoma then pumped his fist to the gets the crowd clapping before charging in and nailing Hayes with a hesitation dropkick straight to the face.

Hayes stood up soon after, but began to stagger about, seemingly dazed. Ryoma noticed this and ran in, trying to go for the Rocket Blaster, but Hayes shot full of energy and blocked the knee before then taking the flier out with a cutter after catching Ryoma in mid-air. Neither man moved for some time, and the first one up was Hayes, who again began to stomp away at the chest and face of Ryoma. The gaijin then took a few moments to fully recover before pulling Ryoma up to his feet and then whipping him across the ring. When he came back Will was able to successfully nail a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker, before pulling Ryoma back up for an STO style backbreaker, before hitting a snap suplex, Ryoma writhing in agony at all the damage. Hayes continued to pick apart the back of Ryoma, but his rival wasn’t going to be put away that easy, and when the gaijin tried to go for a spinebuster, Ryoma countered it into the Rocket Blaster, then shot up to the top of the turnbuckles. After a brief pause to cringe and rub his back, he leapt off and nailed the Murayama Launch, before hooking the leg and getting the victory in a very hard fought and even match.

Winner: Ryoma Murayama by pinfall in 12:40 – B- - don’t seem to click

Match 4: Joshua Taylor vs. Li Bingci.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/JoshuaTaylor_alt2.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/LiBingci.jpg

Li came out to a massive pop, being one of the most popular members of the roster, while Taylor came out to more boos than his partner did in the previous match. Li wore his medals down to the ring, wearing them with pride, but not arrogance, while Taylor looked at Li as if he thought he stood no chance. Soon as the bell rang, the young American charged in and tried to take him off his feet, only to have Li effortlessly counter and toss him to the mat instead. Li backed off instead of following up however, willing to let Taylor try again, but the youngster rushed in with the same move again, allowing Li to just trip him up. Josh got right back up however and then began to batter away at Li with punches and elbows that sent him reeling, before running to the ropes and then coming back with a leaping clothesline that nearly took Li out of his boots. And just like that, Taylor had managed to turn the match around in his favour, and he showed some wisdom when instead of taking the match to the mat, he pulled the veteran up to his feet and then whipped him across the ring. Li managed to hold onto them however, and when Taylor ran forward to take him out he tried to counter with a clothesline of his own, but Taylor was able to duck it and then catch the Chinese athlete with a big dropkick that sent him over the top rope, but again Li showed his agility when he was able to land on the apron.

Taylor noticed and went to nail a chop, but Li was able to dodge it and then nailed a big punch to the head that rocked the youngster, before then slingshotting himself into the ring and nailing a dropkick that took Taylor off his feet. Li then tried to follow up with an arm bar, but Josh was all too aware that being locked in one hold by Liu would most likely end the match soon enough, and was able to quickly escape before it was locked in properly before rushing to the ropes. Bingci rushed over as well and nailed a forearm smash to the face, but Taylor just fired back with a series of uppercuts to the chin that sent Li staggering back, and then followed them up with a jumping corkscrew uppercut that floored him. The younger gaijin then decided to take a risk and took the match to the mat, locking Bingci in a tight headlock, but soon found himself being elbowed in the face, and as soon as he released Li, he got locked in a body scissors, his breath being slowly but surely squeezed out of him. He kept fighting though, and was able to get to the ropes to escape. The final few minutes of this match followed pretty much the same formula, with the two men being seemingly equal, as Li dominated the ground game, while Taylor had control when they were standing.

In the end, Taylor was in control after a running elbow smash, and then to go for the Taylor Made, his bridging straight jacket german suplex, but Li was able to fight his way out of the move. After then catching Josh with a rope assisted jumping kick to the back of the head, sending the younger gaijin staggering forward, Li quickly went for and nailed the Medal Parade, a Wrist-Clutch Olympic Slam, Taylor’s head bouncing off of the mat upon impact, allowing Li to get the victory in a good match that showed both men’s strength.

Winner: Li Bingci by pinfall in 12:40 – B Li was off his game

Match 5: Bryan Vessey vs. Shuji Inukai.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/BryanVessey.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/ShujiInukai.jpg

This match was just as anticipated as the last main event, with many people seeing this as the chance that Bryan has to finally truly break into the main event, yet didn’t completely rule out an Inukai victory. When they each came down to the ring, Inukai looked a confident as ever, and wore his robe with pride, the Team ENDANGER logo emblazoned on his shoulders, while Vessey came out looking the most focused he has in years, and received a large pop as well. As the bell signalled the start of the match, Vessey looked across at Inukai with a look of disappointment, and when they locked up, he used all his strength to force the native onto the ring ropes. He tried to whip him across the ring, yet Inukai was able to reverse it into a fake irish whip, before pulling the gaijin into a stiff knee to the gut, doubling Bryan over in pain. Inukai smirked before stiffly clubbing him in the back of the head, causing the gaijin to drop down to his knees. Inukai then promptly ran to the ropes himself and tried to go for his trademark running football style kick to the chest, yet Bryan was able to move out of the way, yet when he went for a leg sweep, Inukai was able to jump over it, and then when the native went for another kick to the chest, the gaijin was able to duck it again before rolling away and engaging in a staredown. The crowd loudly cheered that last exchange, with both men showing they were wary of each other as neither really moved and both had their guards up. They began to circle each other again before locking up, but neither was able to get control so they split up and circled again, the tension building more and more.

Bryan was the first in this time round, and began to target the arm of the native legend, but Inukai put up too much of a fight for the gaijin to lock anything in properly, prompting him to nail a few quick punches to the gut to soften him up before attempting a Russian legsweep. Inukai resisted this as well however, and then nailed a front Russian legsweep, driving the gaijin face first into the mat with authority. Bryan’s head snapped back as soon as it hit the canvas, but as Inukai paraded around like he was on top of the world, the gaijin was able to summon up what energy he had at the time and leapt to his feet before sending the unsuspecting Shuji flying over head with a release German Suplex, dumping him right on his head. This left both men down and out for a while, the crowd really getting behind both men, even though we were only about ten minutes in. The two men eventually got up at the same time, and Shuji suddenly ran forward, attempting to hit what looked like an Inukai Echo Kick, but Bryan was able to block it and then tried to go for a dragon screw leg whip, but the veteran was able to counter with a few stiff forearms to the face that stunned the gaijin enough for Shuji to the then run to the ropes. When he came back, he tried to go for the Untouchable Lariat, but Bryan caught him with a superkick right to the jaw out of nowhere, with it being Shuji’s head’s turn to snap back from the shock of the blow. He began to drop down to one knee, and Vessey took this chance to try and hit a running boot to the face, but Inukai was somehow able to dodge it and then catch the gaijin with a stiff kick to the back, sending him down to one knee instead now.

Inukai took a few moments to get his breath back before pulling Bryan up to his feet. Both men had begun to tire a little bit now due to the vicious style, but obviously still had plenty left in the tank. Shuji was intent on ending it there and then as he tried to set up the Inukai Driver, a Michinoku Driver, but Bryan was able to slip out the back before running to the ropes. When the native legend turned around to counter something, Vessey nearly took his head off with the Vessey Line, leaping into the air at the last split second to get extra impact. He then went for the cover, the fans cheering at a near deafening level after that move, but it wasn’t to be, as Shuji kicked out at 2.9. The gaijin couldn’t believe it, and slapped the mat in anger before pulling the legend up to his feet. He then began to unload with some vicious forearm smashes right to the bridge of the nose before running to the ropes, seemingly going for a second Vessey Line, but Shuji was able to duck it at the last moment and then connected with another kick to the back before running to the ropes himself. Bryan was still running as well, and this resulted in a massive collision in the middle of the ring as both went for a clothesline, but neither would budge, instead both men just yelled in the other’s face, almost daring them to try again. Bryan fell for the bait and ran to the ropes, and when he came back he was met with a stiff roundhouse kick across the face that almost knocked his head clean off, and he soon crumpled forward onto the mat, a dazed look across his face.

Shuji was feeling the energy now, and pulled the gaijin back up to his feet before booting him in the gut. After signalling for the crowd, he ran to the ropes, Bryan still doubled over in pain, and when he came back he almost nailed the Untouchable Lariat, but Bryan was again able to duck underneath it and when Shuji turned around, kicked him in the gut and tried to go for the Vessey Plex, an exploder style brainbuster, but Shuji was able to fight his way out of it with some stiff elbows right to the temple, and when the gaijin released him, he tried to go for the Inukai Driver again, only to have Bryan just wriggle out in time once more. The fans were near bursting point at this moment, amazed by how each man was countering the others finisher, and when Vessey was able to nail a reverse DDT and signalled for a second Vessey Line, they began to chant for the gaijin, who began to stalk his prey. Inukai was beginning to get up to his feet, looking quite dazed, when Bryan ran to the ropes, but yet again just when Vessey was going to nail the move and possibly end the match, Inukai matrixed underneath it, an impressive feat for a man his build, and then ran to the ropes. He came back and knocked Bryan nearly out of his boots with an incredibly brutal Untouchable Lariat, and when you get hit with that, you rarely ever kick out, and this wasn’t one of those times, with Inukai getting the pinfall victory and advancing to face Eisaku Kunomasu next week. Both men put in their best effort tonight, resulting in a fantastic match which showed that while Inukai came victorious, Bryan had proved he has what it takes to fight with the best of them, and almost beat the legend. Most of the crowd gave them a well-deserved standing ovation as well at the end of it, out of respect for the two competitors.

Winner: Shuji Inukai in 17:52 pinfall – A*

Summary:

Dread & Kumasaka def. Miyamoto & Miki – C+

Morimasa Kato def. Masutaro Kataoka – B-

Ryoma Murayama def. William Hayes – B-

Li Bingci def. Joshua Taylor – B

Shuji Inukai def. Bryan Vessey – A*

Overall = A

Notes: A really good show, topped by a true match of the year candidate. Sorry hrdcore, I think I might just have to push Vessey at one point :p.

Archived